IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Rumors - Part 2

happy atheist

If the show is off the air it will be because Jimmy Boy has decided that his family needs some privacy - it will be HIS idea (because he has to be in control - like about changing things for Jessa's wedding when she didn't kiss at the alter)

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm shellshocked. I know we always joke about how creepy their cult is and how Josh gives off weirdo vibes but I never ever expected this ever.

holy shit. i was really hoping ALL of that was not gonna just happen.

out of respect for the victims (and Anna and the M-kids), I just hope that there are people around them that are enough outside of this Duggar/fundie bubble who are supporting them emotionally and spiritually.

someone rent a bus... we need to save the rest of those kids.

Doubt it. In the show he talked about how he was broken or unpure or something like that and he was lucky that Anna married him anyways. That was always used as proof that he had a failed courtship before Anna.

Amy Duggar also confirmed the failed courtship years ago on twitter or FB(can't remember which site)

I wonder if the Duggars' NW Arkansas leghumpers like Marjorie's family and the Queries will stand by them. Probably, since they were probably there when Josh confessed in church and don't care. However, I don't see anyone new falling into their orbit in the way Ben and Derrick did, and those two may take Jessa and Jill and fleeing the sinking ship that is Duggar Inc.

Any hope of Josh having a political career are obviously over. I agree with those who see him returning to Arkansas and maybe working with JD, although I too have noticed that they have never appeared close, despite being the two eldest males. JB can probably find Josh something to do in one of his businesses, but he will probably have to be behind the scenes, at least for the foreseeable future.

ETA I knew intellectually that "Flowers in the Attic" type situations often occur in these big, isolated families, but I never would have thought that it would actually happen to the Duggars. As bad as I always felt JB and Michelle were, I thought they would at least care enough to protect their daughters from abuse.

Am I wrong to think some of this - most of this, probably - could have been avoided if Jim Bob and Michelle allowed their children to go to a regular public school, or even a private Christian school (not that they'd be able to afford the tuition for all those children)? Just so they weren't around each other all the time, so he could have met other friends and different people and just not have been around his siblings all the time.

I just think so much of the blame falls on Jim Bob and Michelle, too, in that they didn't protect their daughters like they should have.

I have no idea how Pa Keller managed to come up with Josh McDonald. Out of all the men he's picked, he seems to be the only decent one. So far he's picked a molestor, an abuser, and a lazy grifter who steals from well-meaning people and puts his kids in harm's way. And that's just the behavior that we know about.

From the other thread:

gemma

You know what it is formergothardite (and i'd love to understand the source of your username. Was your family involved with that freak Gothard?), my family was insanely freaking liberal, but the same bs happened. I think most of us who had insane experiences growing up tend to turn away from the belief system we were raised with. Forgive me, but today I don't even know what to think. My kids admire the Duggars and, since I picked them up from school, I've tried to explain that we can't watch the Duggars anymore. There will be some discussion over dinner tonight.

Yes, I was raised in ATI and you are right he and all of his teachings are freakishly awful. Of course it happens in liberal families, but when there are massive warning flags about any family, liberal or conservative, people should start questioning, and you refused to even talk about it. You just wanted to talk about how you loved them. You knew all the awful allegations about Bill Gothard and that the Duggars stuck with him and that wasn't enough to make you pause and think "is this really a wholesome family?" It isn't just you, lots of fundamental, conservative Christians decided to turn a blind eye to the dark side of the Duggars. That was something I saw a lot growing up as a fundie Christian, you can get away with a multitude of sins if you put on a good show of being a conservative Christian.

One thing I have learned from my upbringing is to not ignore warning signs just because someone seems like they believe like me. Like I said, it something I saw and still see with the conservative, fundamental Christian community. If the Duggars had been liberal or Muslim, the conservative, fundamental community would have torn them to shreds for denying their children a real education, having daughters raise younger children, and being involved with a cult like ATI/Bill Gothard. But since the Duggars said and were all the "right" things, this same community just glossed over all that and pretended all those things were okay.

It is just frustrating that it took this to make people question them and not all the other horrible things they did. It makes me angry that the community that claims to uphold family values and protecting children turned a blind eye for so long to a situation like the Duggar family.

Nobody would even want to buy a car from him. Hope he's ready to spend some quality time with John David because I get a feeling he's going to be towing cars soon.

I suspect JB is going to teach Josh "the business" and Josh will be "in real estate" soon. Poor BinBob is going to be JB's & Josh's errand boy.

I don't think this type of molestation (assuming it stopped at groping) is necessarily characteristic of being a victim of abuse yourself. When very young kids start trying to engage in penetration, that is a big red flag. But being curious about bodies and acting out in that way is not super uncommon. Kids do it pretty frequently, just not when they're as old as Josh was, and of course we all know Josh was probably nowhere near the emotional and mental level of the average 14-15 year old when this happened. Josh probably was never taught a damn thing about bodies and sex besides "don't look" and "don't do it."

Again, as creepy as this all is, I put the blame almost exclusively on his parents. He was just a kid himself. They're the ones who did not handle it properly and allowed their daughters to be repeatedly victimized.

Keep in mind that Jim Boob was forever groping, dry humping and making suggestive remarks to his wife around the kids.

Not excusing Joshie - but what he witnessed his parents doing wasn't just seeing his parents being affectionate with each other - but his dad was pretty much putting on a sex show. If Boob was doing stuff we saw on camera what was he doing when the cameras weren't rolling?

I have no idea how Pa Keller managed to come up with Josh McDonald. Out of all the men he's picked, he seems to be the only decent one. So far he's picked a molestor, an abuser, and a lazy grifter who steals from well-meaning people and puts his kids in harm's way. And that's just the behavior that we know about.

Isn't it the truth? First laugh I've had all day long. Thank you, sad as Pa and Ma Keller are.

TLC had to have known pre series. TLC created 17 kids and counting knowing this.

The police report was written in May 2006, 3 of the discovery health specials had aired, one aired the following month (don't know when that was filmed) and the final special aired the next year.

The police interviews happened after some of the specials had been filmed. There's no way that the film crews and networks didn't know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_19 ... g_episodes (look at the air dates of the specials).

They would only have known if they went looking for it or someone told them. Not likely that they would have been doing background checks on the Duggars' minor children, and it isn't likely that JB & M told them, so I doubt they knew.

This is so awful - I can't even describe how awful this is

TMZ is reporting that he molested his sisters

which sisters do we know - if it was Jinger well that explains everything

once a molester always a molester

this show is over

there are no words at all

I am heartbroken for the sisters that it happened to as well as the other victims

as for Anna - well I am disgusted by her as well

My mother was molested by her brother for years -it takes its toll

my best friend was molested by her brother for years

this is AWFUL

CANCEL the DAMN SHOW

they can't recover from this

HOLY SHIT! I just saw this come up on my facebook feed. This is HUGE! SO much for his political aspirations. Also, I cannot believe leg humpers are fucking DEFENDING this sleezebag.

The fact that some leghumpers are defending Josh saying he was "just a kid" is disgusting, or that "we all sinners". :angry-banghead:

I suspect JB is going to teach Josh "the business" and Josh will be "in real estate" soon. Poor BinBob is going to be JB's & Josh's errand boy.

He will be welcomed back, the prodigal son, down on his luck despite his now- godly life.

He will be Jim Bob's BIG PROJECT, paraded around with big smiles.. See, we are so loving and so Christ- like that we've welcomed home the BIG BOY to stay.

I've been following this all day. Do we know if the 5 victims were all females or if one or some of the victims were his brothers? This whole thing is sickening! Curious to see if TLC is going to keep their cash cow or do the right thing and cancel the show.

All were female. 4 were living with their parents JB and Michelle. One was from Lafayette.

I'm speechless. Those poor, poor girls. Living with that guilt of feeling like they were in any way at fault all those years. SO damaging. They need to get away. But I understand wanting to stay and protect the others. I also don't think a 13 year just does this on their own- 13 is still so, so young. That is not saying he is not at fault- but I can't believe that he is not somehow a victim in this as well- or was victimized in his young childhood.

As far as Anna and the Kellers knowing- I seriously doubt that her family visited the Duggars 2 years prior to the courtship and were instantly told that Josh molested his sisters. I am sure they were told in some very vague terms that Josh "made a terrible mistake" and had been forgiven for all his sins, etc. Had any of them seen the words that are written in that police report- OMG.

I am also having trouble putting my thoughts into words. I have spent HOURS reading this thread and there is so much I want to say. Ultimately I just feel horrific for those girls- they have been damaged to the utmost degree. They need real counseling. It also makes me wonder about some of the other kids that have been sent away for various lengths of time- I am not at all thinking molestation but I have to wonder if any of those boys have issues stemming from all of these secrets as well. Nothing seems right.

I also wonder how long they knew this was coming.

Am I wrong to think some of this - most of this, probably - could have been avoided if Jim Bob and Michelle allowed their children to go to a regular public school, or even a private Christian school (not that they'd be able to afford the tuition for all those children)? Just so they weren't around each other all the time, so he could have met other friends and different people and just not have been around his siblings all the time.

I just think so much of the blame falls on Jim Bob and Michelle, too, in that they didn't protect their daughters like they should have.

I agree completely.

The fact that some leghumpers are defending Josh saying he was "just a kid" is disgusting, or that "we all sinners". :angry-banghead:

We all make mistakes, yes.

But sex offences are CRIMES and unforgivable mistakes - in the eyes of minds and laws.

So, Anna and the Kellers knew before Anna married Josh. Anna and the Duggars are all supporting Josh. No damn surprise there.

Those poor kids of his.

I'm surprised the Kellers agree to the marriage.

They would only have known if they went looking for it or someone told them. Not likely that they would have been doing background checks on the Duggars' minor children, and it isn't likely that JB & M told them, so I doubt they knew.

Filming in a small town around that time? People in town would have known that the family had big conversations with police, the gossip would have been about then. It would have been hard to miss.

Has the FRC link been posted? frc.org/ FRC Statement on Josh Duggar Resignation

Washington, D.C. - Family Research Council President Tony Perkins released the following statement regarding the resignation of Josh Duggar:

"Today Josh Duggar made the decision to resign his position as a result of previously unknown information becoming public concerning events that occurred during his teenage years.

"Josh believes that the situation will make it difficult for him to be effective in his current work. We believe this is the best decision for Josh and his family at this time. We will be praying for everyone involved," concluded Perkins.

I can't get over the fact that the Oprah story was also confirmed in all of this. What other Duggar rumors have we poo pooed lately? They're probably really true too.

Archived