IGNORED

Alice Pregnancy Addict (alicesbaby)

So Many Lies

The weirdest thing for me is that she used to be so afraid of getting pregnant she and her husband didn't have sex for three years...

The weirdest thing for me is that she used to be so afraid of getting pregnant she and her husband didn't have sex for three years...

Afraid of getting pregnant, won't have sex unless she's ovulating, makes her husband sleep in the boys' room most of the time.

I'm thinking she's afraid of sex and uses getting pregnant to ease her fear and avoid having sex as much as possible.

You know, I could cut her some slack, and understand her enthusiasm, or attention to detail if she was TTC for the first time, or if she had trouble conceiving in the past, but at the rate she's popping them out, I don't understand why her life revolves around conceiving and being pregnant...She has all those little kids to care for and educate, they deserve so much better.

Those were my thoughts as well. I could understand it much more if she was really trying and struggling to conceive since there's a lot involved, especially with treatments and knowing all the stuff involved. But she's on number eight and it's as if there's not a life outside of having baby after baby after baby. A whole lot of crazy with this lady. :pink-shock:

Has she ever mentioned what church she goes to? What denomination?

I'm fascinated by a crazy British fundie because you just don't get them very often, and most homeschoolers here are the crunchy type and usually not religious or Pagan. Over here you get church state-funded schools (mostly Anglican but also RC, Jewish, Muslim and so on) which is possibly why only the very extreme religious types homeschool for religious reasons. I know one person homeschooling for possibly religious reasons (I am not sure but they're not crunchy types) but mum has a degree from a Very Prestigious University and will definitely be doing proper home education and not unschooling.

Erm, no - most homeschoolers over here have their children out of school because of major issues with having their children IN school, like bullying, not getting school of their choice, special needs not being met etc.

There are not actually that many doing it for alternative educational philosophy reasons. I home-educated my boys for four years and belonged to EO for a long time, so I know of what I speak.

As for Alice - if she devoted the time she spends on her blog to her FAMILY, I'm sure they'd all be getting on a whole lot better. Those poor boys.

The daily update is ridiculous, I'm just hoping she doesn't give us vivid details of morning sickness.

Oh god, I love Alice. I read through both of her currents blogs and 90% of her original diary. Ask me anything, I am well versed in the crazy.

Erm, no - most homeschoolers over here have their children out of school because of major issues with having their children IN school, like bullying, not getting school of their choice, special needs not being met etc.

There are not actually that many doing it for alternative educational philosophy reasons. I home-educated my boys for four years and belonged to EO for a long time, so I know of what I speak.

As for Alice - if she devoted the time she spends on her blog to her FAMILY, I'm sure they'd all be getting on a whole lot better. Those poor boys.

Sorry for being misinformed, but my basic point remains the same - most homeschoolers are doing it for non-religious reasons.

Oh god, I love Alice. I read through both of her currents blogs and 90% of her original diary. Ask me anything, I am well versed in the crazy.

She has another blog?? What is that one on?

What church/denomination does she go to? Even the fundie light churches I know around London would tell her to cool it with the pregnancy obsession and would definitely not be OK with making her husband sleep in the boys' room!

I'm so glad that someone else loves her as much as I do. I find Alice so entertaining; more specifically, her obsessions with pregnancy are entertaining to me. I have read this whole pregnancy blog (alicesbaby.blogspot.com) and the blog, that she now neglects, about the kids (arthursmummy.blogspot.com). Which one are you considering her original diary (or is there a third blog?)

I do think she really loves the oldest son at the same level that she loves Lydia. She's just having a time doing all the pretty dress up stuff with Lydie right now. Kind of a shame that she's only including Lydia in the next pregnancy announcement, though. The only announcement I remember was the one where the kids held the numbers and there was a father/pregnant woman figurine for #7, so I'm thinking it was typical for all the kids to be involved in previous announcements.

This blog is ridiculous. Daily updates on bleeding and morning sickness! Now she is "losing a twin" because a bunch of pee sticks were positive??? I know NHS wouldn't support this, because it's ridiculous, but couldn't she just pay $40 and get another blood test?

She has another blog?? What is that one on?

What church/denomination does she go to? Even the fundie light churches I know around London would tell her to cool it with the pregnancy obsession and would definitely not be OK with making her husband sleep in the boys' room!

Her original diary was about her obsession with Star Trek (complete with waffling about being attracted to women) and her obsession with a sick little boy named Cameron at the hospital she volunteered for. His death sent her round the bend. She developed a mysterious illness as she approached graduation from nursing school, after witnessing and reporting elder abuse in a retirement home.

She converted following a family trip to the USA in her teens - they visited a baptist church. She is currently churchless as I guess that flavor of religion is not popular in the UK? she's been through a few churches.

Blog at http://sheepdip.diaryland.com

If you think the current blogs are bad...she used to post EVERY. DAY. EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I'm so glad that someone else loves her as much as I do. I find Alice so entertaining; more specifically, her obsessions with pregnancy are entertaining to me. I have read this whole pregnancy blog (alicesbaby.blogspot.com) and the blog, that she now neglects, about the kids (arthursmummy.blogspot.com). Which one are you considering her original diary (or is there a third blog?)

I do think she really loves the oldest son at the same level that she loves Lydia. She's just having a time doing all the pretty dress up stuff with Lydie right now. Kind of a shame that she's only including Lydia in the next pregnancy announcement, though. The only announcement I remember was the one where the kids held the numbers and there was a father/pregnant woman figurine for #7, so I'm thinking it was typical for all the kids to be involved in previous announcements.

Her prebaby blog is at http://sheepdip.diaryland.com

Enjoy, fellow stalker!!!

Her original diary was about her obsession with Star Trek (complete with waffling about being attracted to women) and her obsession with a sick little boy named Cameron at the hospital she volunteered for. His death sent her round the bend. She developed a mysterious illness as she approached graduation from nursing school, after witnessing and reporting elder abuse in a retirement home.

She converted following a family trip to the USA in her teens - they visited a baptist church. She is currently churchless as I guess that flavor of religion is not popular in the UK? she's been through a few churches.

If you think the current blogs are bad...she used to post EVERY. DAY. EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Yeah UK Baptist churches are usually pretty moderate and quite different to say SBC (several UK Baptist churches have registered to hold same-gender marriages), so not surprised she can't find a church supporting her crazy. Thanks for the link. *heads down the rabbit hole*

I don't know if she's actually fundie. She has the pregnancy fixation, and she "homeschools", but I haven't seen any rants about gays, liberals, or feminists like some of our fundies. She does mention God, but not as n a batshit crazy "everyone's going to hell but me" way. I would say she's a mainstream Christian to fundie lite with an unhealthy obsession with pregnancy.

Awww, poor Alice, Neil was cold and insensitive. If she gives him even half the information she puts on her blog, I really sympathise with him. (If I were him, I'd be following her temperature charts and refusing to have sex on fertile days.) I can't imagine living with someone so obsessed. One little comment, and you are the worst husband ever. Ugh.

OMG

Would you mind expanding on this part??

Oh man, time to fall down the rabbit hole. This woman sounds like a piece of work!

OMG

Would you mind expanding on this part??

I'm not dedicated enough to find the exact quotes in that labyrinth of a blog, so I hope you'll take my word for it. There were two actresses she was obsessed with, one from Star Trek (Next Gen I believe?) and another from a popular show at the time. She had long conversations with them in her head and admitted to vastly preferring her fantasy life to reality. She mentioned a few times how conflicted she was that she was attracted to them. I think she called it a struggle with lust? She was also going to psychosexual therapy because she couldn't bear to touch Neil.

As to her not being fundie, I promise she used to talk about god constantly. There were a few entries where she lamented that her family (the wrong kind of christian) would not be going to heaven. Peek through the old blog and you can see her old obsessions used to be god and her health instead of pregnancy.

I'm not dedicated enough to find the exact quotes in that labyrinth of a blog, so I hope you'll take my word for it. There were two actresses she was obsessed with, one from Star Trek (Next Gen I believe?) and another from a popular show at the time. She had long conversations with them in her head and admitted to vastly preferring her fantasy life to reality. She mentioned a few times how conflicted she was that she was attracted to them. I think she called it a struggle with lust? She was also going to psychosexual therapy because she couldn't bear to touch Neil.

As to her not being fundie, I promise she used to talk about god constantly. There were a few entries where she lamented that her family (the wrong kind of christian) would not be going to heaven. Peek through the old blog and you can see her old obsessions used to be god and her health instead of pregnancy.

omgggggggggg that is way more interesting than the shit fundies usually blog about (pregnany, SOTDRT, seasons of life)

Y'all, I've been reading the diary ExCatholic pointed out and Alice is totally fundie. Or was.

And she's totally neurotic.

I have been so busy with work, and exhausted, that I haven't been able to spend much time there, but I'm back to the beginning of December, 2003 (reading from the end, backward. This diary ends about the time she is very pregnant with Arthur, her first.) It isn't even a dent in the reading, but some of the highlights, so far:

- God healed her from her ME (CFS, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, for those of us in the US.) Neil used to have to carry her around, such was her exhaustion for two years (she's only referred back, I have not gotten earlier than her "healed" phase.)

- She's bitchy as all hell to those who dare disagree; apparently she got her panties in a wad over the US custom of Valentine's day including little gifts for kids and other non-romantic love, which is NOT proper. NOT proper, I tell you. All traditions should be stagnant and holidays should never change meaning.

- She's selfish. I didn't realize this from her later blogs. But it shows with things like being asked to make a (ONE!) meal for a church family struggling with illness, but she doesn't waaaaant to, even though she was not working and not pregnant and not a parent at the time. She also refused to go to church for months because she "couldn't face" a couple that announced their pregnancy when she wasn't pregnant after trying for a bit (she got pregnant with Arthur after 9 months of trying, at age 28, so she hadn't been trying THAT long.)

- She apparently had an unhealthy love for/obsession with a child named Cameron, who sadly passed. She used to even lie and say he was her son. She talks about him in the most unhealthy ways. Like, "He wanted ME. He wanted to be with ME."

- SO MUCH God stuff. SO MUCH. Nothing weird like hating gays or anything, but God is everything, y'all.

- Neil's family is yucky. She has anxiety about everything, but made herself sick with stress worrying about food going bad over a Christmas holiday at his family's house.

I hesitated to post, since I surely don't want her to shut this down before I get through the blog. But, I think she's way too self involved to know about us. I thought she was fascinating with her pregnancy obsession. She used to be far more interesting.

Well, that kind of jives with my theory about her being afraid of sex and using pregnancy and get pregnant as a way to avoid it.

She sounds closeted/in denial. Being closeted can make someone very neurotic, and it can exacerbate any other mental illness that may be at play.

That's very sad for her, but also sad for her husband and children having to deal with that. My dad was semi-closeted - still is actually, as, despite having me around gay men my entire childhood, he's never actually come out to me. Combine that with badly treated bi-polar disorder, makes for a rather difficult childhood.

Y'all, I've been reading the diary ExCatholic pointed out and Alice is totally fundie. Or was.

And she's totally neurotic.

I have been so busy with work, and exhausted, that I haven't been able to spend much time there, but I'm back to the beginning of December, 2003 (reading from the end, backward. This diary ends about the time she is very pregnant with Arthur, her first.) It isn't even a dent in the reading, but some of the highlights, so far:

- God healed her from her ME (CFS, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, for those of us in the US.) Neil used to have to carry her around, such was her exhaustion for two years (she's only referred back, I have not gotten earlier than her "healed" phase.)

- She's bitchy as all hell to those who dare disagree; apparently she got her panties in a wad over the US custom of Valentine's day including little gifts for kids and other non-romantic love, which is NOT proper. NOT proper, I tell you. All traditions should be stagnant and holidays should never change meaning.

- She's selfish. I didn't realize this from her later blogs. But it shows with things like being asked to make a (ONE!) meal for a church family struggling with illness, but she doesn't waaaaant to, even though she was not working and not pregnant and not a parent at the time. She also refused to go to church for months because she "couldn't face" a couple that announced their pregnancy when she wasn't pregnant after trying for a bit (she got pregnant with Arthur after 9 months of trying, at age 28, so she hadn't been trying THAT long.)

- She apparently had an unhealthy love for/obsession with a child named Cameron, who sadly passed. She used to even lie and say he was her son. She talks about him in the most unhealthy ways. Like, "He wanted ME. He wanted to be with ME."

- SO MUCH God stuff. SO MUCH. Nothing weird like hating gays or anything, but God is everything, y'all.

- Neil's family is yucky. She has anxiety about everything, but made herself sick with stress worrying about food going bad over a Christmas holiday at his family's house.

I hesitated to post, since I surely don't want her to shut this down before I get through the blog. But, I think she's way too self involved to know about us. I thought she was fascinating with her pregnancy obsession. She used to be far more interesting.

I'm reading back in 2001 when she was ill. She had a friend who pointed out that she (the friend) felt Alice's illness was mostly/partly psychological as it began to manifest itself when they were both going through a lot of stress after reporting the abuse. Needless to say, our Alice did NOT take kindly to that suggestion!

The ever-patient Neil is going to work, but not before he makes Alice a packed lunch to eat during the day, because although she can go online and type out these enormous diary entries, she simple can't find the energy to make herself a sandwich. He cleans up the flat all the time as they are trying to sell it, does all the laundry, shopping, cleaning and also helps bathe Alice and washes her hair - and he is also studying at the same time.

It's interesting about her not wanting to help the family from Church by cooking a meal, because when she was ill she complained several times about how no one from Church called, supported her, cooked meals etc. and how she had to "process" her feelings about it all.

Cameron was a little boy she provided respite care for. She would care for him (in hospital I think) a weekend a month or maybe a fortnight, so his parents had a break. After a while though, he was given a liver transplant and went on to be quite healthy, attend school and all the usual things. Alice still saw him a little, but not much. I'm not sure how he died, I haven't gotten that far yet.

She is/was certainly rather self absorbed though.

what other juicy bits can I share... She has an unhealthy fixation on her parents, when they decide to move to France she basically has a mental breakdown. In high school she had a best girlfriend who she was obsessed with, I think at one point she describes her as her first crush. When this friend starts making other friends in college alice is absolutely crushed. Like can't get over it, writes a bunch about how they used to have sleepovers and how wonderful it was.

she also, depressingly, writes about being molested. I believe at age 9? She doesn't go into a lot of detail, so I'm not sure what it entails. She also says she was molested at 14 when her boyfriend forced her to kiss him. now, I am NOT going to say that she was not molested at 9, because I would never question someone saying that. It is horrible. Even an unwanted kiss at that age is assault. But knowing that she says a kiss at 14 is molestation makes me wonder what exactly happened at 9.