IGNORED

Alice Pregnancy Addict (alicesbaby)

So Many Lies

She has now convinced herself she has cervical cancer and has abandoned the vanishing twin theory.

Why did I got read her blog again, why? LADY! I DO NOT need to know how your vaginal bleeding is progressing or how it drips into the toilet! :ew: And I also really feel for the nurse's hotline at her hospital, you know they are all rolling her eyes at her. :roll:

I don't know about nurse's hotline, it's probably 999 (emergency services number here) or if we're lucky, 111 (non-emergency medical advice number). Hopefully Alice isn't wasting the 999 operators' time with her vaginal bleeding...

Do all places have a non emergency medical hotline? Cuz I'd love to know about it... Of course I have the number for poison control but if it doesn't involve a poison and I'm not sure if I need the hospital, it'd be nice if I didn't have to waste the 911 (U.S. emergency number) operators time and phone space.

Alright, I'm down the rabbit hole. Crap.

In this post, her daughter is making the funniest face I've ever seen from a toddler. Reminds me of Angry Olivia of the Rodrigues family.

arthursmummy.blogspot.com/2015/04/so-it-has-been-while.html?m=1

Alice posted about her grandparents reaction last time - she never wrote about it before, that's why we couldn't find it. In the pregnancy journal under 6 weeks 4 days.

Back to he belief in the vanishing twin. She's always been so obsessed with having twins!

I wonder whether it ever occurred to her that maybe Arthur was acting up because he wanted her to acknowledge that he'd been a good boy and kept things quiet for so long / had been her confidante rather than just expecting him to join in in his brother's celebration, especially if he actually has Asperger's? Much like everything she says, I am doubtful of her diagnoses.

Also: get your 9 year old a belt or feed him more! If jumping up and down makes his trousers fall off, then you ought to consider one of those two options ^^

Not that I want to defend Alice ... eeek ... but if Arthur truly is Aspie and he lost the plot, removing him from the situation can be the best option. My Aspie son is noise sensitive (very common in Aspies) and, as a kid, when other kids got excited and start squealing, he would melt down. The best option was to remove him somewhere quiet and let him calm down. This wasn't punishment. He was removed to somewhere fun, like the computer room. It was just to get away from noise.

I do wonder whether he truly is Aspie though. Alice has already panicked about cervical cancer and twins. I could see her finding a label she thinks fits to explain his behaviour.

Not that I want to defend Alice ... eeek ... but if Arthur truly is Aspie and he lost the plot, removing him from the situation can be the best option. My Aspie son is noise sensitive (very common in Aspies) and, as a kid, when other kids got excited and start squealing, he would melt down. The best option was to remove him somewhere quiet and let him calm down. This wasn't punishment. He was removed to somewhere fun, like the computer room. It was just to get away from noise.

I do wonder whether he truly is Aspie though. Alice has already panicked about cervical cancer and twins. I could see her finding a label she thinks fits to explain his behaviour.

It didn't seem like she was describing sensory overload. To me it seemed like she was describing removing him because she wanted the other kids to experience it on their own and he was being a little too weird or something. Which, like, ugh ew no. Arthur was probably very super excited to have kept a secret for so long. I'm honestly really impressed that kid his age was able to do that. He kept a secret for so long and now he doesn't even get to experience it with the other kids without getting removed? :cry:

• 1 month later...

She can't cope with the truth. It's a theme running through the blog.

Although she's good with gory details of pregnancy, she's not good at all with the big picture of anything. She's hyper defensive about pretty much everything.

She would have to have those kids diagnosed with *something* rather than admit she's out of her depth.

A low point for me was when she hoped for more daughters because it meant "More best friends for Mama". That ain't right. She needs to get her own friends. Her daughter will need more for friends that her neurotic smother..er I mean mother.

Read my mind

She comes across as having a serious anxiety disorder, and possibly closeted as well. I feel sorry for her but even more sorry for her husband and kids.

Agree with all of that except I can't bring myself to feel that sorry.

She's had such a privileged life. She sees her self as a better class than Neil and Neil's family and it kills a lot of the sympathy I have.

When she was railing about the buck teeth (someone must have been winding her up on purpose) I really got the impression she blamed Neil's genetics for the teeth. She did the same thing with the talopes. As though she had superior genetics.

I do feel for the rest of them. And the more I waded into that great repository of text the less optimistic I felt.

she's apparently been having very heavy bleeding - including bleeding all over the shop at a midwives' appointment. The thing is: I find it really hard to believe anything she says is actually as bad as she says it is!

She does a lot for attention. She scares me. She's nearly 40 but reading this I'd put her at a much younger age

Who knows how bad it is. And did she not have the same thing with Elijah?

I think she may stop after this one if it's another girl. She claims to be totally ok with whatever gender, but I don't buy it for a minute. She has been hoping for a girl since her second or maybe third. I'm sure she loves her boys, but she really went on and on about her precious girl. (Not that I blame her for wanting a daughter after 6 sons, but she seems like she's at her limit.) Im sure she'll love her child no matter what gender it is, but I believe the obsession may be greatly reduced if she gets a second girl.

Yeah I thought that too. Although she's saying each child should be able to say "my brothers and sisters". If she has only one more girl the girls won't be able to say my brothers and sisters. They'll only be able to say "my brothers and SISTER. ..".

How devastating. Ugh.

I was reading through all of this topic saying to myself 'Don't do it! Don't go to the actual blog! You know what'll happen!!!'

And I went. And it happened. And now I'm invested in yet another crazy Looper....

Thanks, Free Jingerites.

:o :o :o

I give major props to anyone who can read more than one of her posts. Talk about your walls o' text! Even skimming, my brain goes into overload and starts shutting down because the level of obsessive detail is just astounding. And yet, she has her rabid, leg-humping fans. Although I've often wondered if they really are fans or if they're more like people who gather at the base of building yelling, "JUMP!" when someone is threatening suicide. It's almost like they're goading Alice on to see if she'll break. It's sad, really.

I couldn't read more than one of her posts, either. But I skimmed, and she doesn't seem to be operating on the normal/deluded level of most fundies. She seems to have real psychological issues -- at one point, she explains she hasn't been blogging about her younger children ... because she feels the need to blog about the state of her uterus. From what I noticed, that's pretty much it. She blogs incessantly about her fertility, and when she gets knocked up, about her pregnancies. That is, at the very least (says the armchair psychiatrist who isn't one and doesn't play one on TV), seems like obsessive behavior. Paired with her blissful lack of self-awareness (no need to be a psychiatrist to see that one), it can be dangerous.

I certainly feel sorry for the husband and would strongly encourage him to get his tube tied ASAP.

In order to get a larger house, they had to move further out from his job, leaving him to deal with a long commute.

He is basically being worked to death to support his brood, likely leaving him not much time to properly parent his many children. He's a combination worker ant and sperm bank. As one commenter noted, "And amazing that Neil is able to be home from work early in the evening to see you all."

I realized that I had gone to the ArthursMommy blog, which seemed relatively normal, and today I saw for the first time the pregnancy blog from June 21.

This is a woman who put up a chart in her living room so she knows EXACTLY how many days she has been pregnant.

I'm guessing she charts her first cycle post pregnancy and knows when she is ovulating, so she can improve her chances of getting pregnant again as soon as possible, because, hey, time's a wasting.

When she went for a sonogram at 6 wks, 4 days,

She (the sonographer) was able to measure the baby's CRL (crown to rump length) which was about 4mm. She said that was so tiny - "not even 6 weeks yet", which is where I got concerned and told her I was sure of my dates and that I'm 6 weeks and 4 days. She checked again and got 3.7mm, and said it was fine for my gestation....I was not convinced.
A doctor had to talk her down.

I'm sure I will NEVER, EVER go to this blog again. :o

I certainly feel sorry for the husband and would strongly encourage him to get his tube tied ASAP.

In order to get a larger house, they had to move further out from his job, leaving him to deal with a long commute.

He is basically being worked to death to support his brood, likely leaving him not much time to properly parent his many children.

I feel really bad for him. Drives 2 hours there and 2 hours back for work. The guy is a masochist or some kind of Saint. But I guess he gets his alone time in the car without her rabitting on about the latest bleeding/health crisis.

Also I really believe that yes, she does chart her cycled so that she doesn't have to have sex "unecessarily". I doubt the guy gets much more action til next time she's fertile. Talk about depressing. I'm certain as a pp mentioned she's closeted and really can't stomach the sex without the chance of pregnancy.

When they first were married they never did it. She had to have all this counselling. It was pretty grim. Not romantic at all.

I'm guessing since they met at church it was a Christian marriage ergo "buyer beware". I would have been bitterly disappointed if I were Neil.

I give major props to anyone who can read more than one of her posts. Talk about your walls o' text! Even skimming, my brain goes into overload and starts shutting down because the level of obsessive detail is just astounding. And yet, she has her rabid, leg-humping fans. Although I've often wondered if they really are fans or if they're more like people who gather at the base of building yelling, "JUMP!" when someone is threatening suicide. It's almost like they're goading Alice on to see if she'll break. It's sad, really.

Wow. That's unique assessment. Probably right. They likely throw a few bones just to keep her posting.

I feel really bad for him. Drives 2 hours there and 2 hours back for work. The guy is a masochist or some kind of Saint. But I guess he gets his alone time in the car without her rabitting on about the latest bleeding/health crisis.

Also I really believe that yes, she does chart her cycled so that she doesn't have to have sex "unecessarily". I doubt the guy gets much more action til next time she's fertile. Talk about depressing. I'm certain as a pp mentioned she's closeted and really can't stomach the sex without the chance of pregnancy.

When they first were married they never did it. She had to have all this counselling. It was pretty grim. Not romantic at all.

I'm guessing since they met at church it was a Christian marriage ergo "buyer beware". I would have been bitterly disappointed if I were Neil.

OMG! You can't call it 'sex'!!! it's "parsnips" as she calls it :roll:

Not long after they were married, she came down with something like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Who knows how sick she really was :shrug: . When I read those entries, I saw a comment from someone basically calling her out for malingering, or making it worse than it was. She, of course, was most upset. But as I read on, one day she wrote she had decided God would heal her, and suddenly started improving. Maybe it was mind over matter, maybe just coincidence, but a little odd, just the same considering she would say the doctors couldn't really find much wrong with her. Neil used to do all the housework, work, cook meals, do the washing, and cart her about in the car while she complained how tiiiiring it was, and everything was so aaaawful.

Poor Neil has still no life, really.