IGNORED

Alice Pregnancy Addict (alicesbaby)

So Many Lies

I don't think she'll quit until her husband puts his foot down. How weird was his (reported) unease at looking at the ultrasound of his unborn daughter's vagina?

I did find Alice's husband's reaction to looking at his daughter's private parts a bit odd. Then again, he's gone along with his wife's obsession with babies and agrees to sleeping in different rooms unless they are baby making, so I guess that is no weirder.

I did some reading on Alice's regular blog, too. Apparently, her eldest is diagnosed as on the Autism Spectrum. Her second eldest is being assessed now and her fourth is exhibiting signs. As a teacher who has worked with many children on the Autism Spectrum, I am sure they will require a lot of help. She is now, admittedly, un-schooling because that's all she can currently manage. I feel so sorry for those kids. They need early intervention to reach their full potential. I'm an experienced Special Education teacher and there is NO WAY I could properly teach an eight and a six year old on the Autism Spectrum while ALSO teaching/supervising their FOUR younger brothers! INSANE!

Who tests like that? Right after conception? And then announces she's 4 weeks pregnant?

What a mood killer.

Reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons where Apu and Manjula are trying to conceive.

"All that sex for NOTHING."

"Well, that's a pretty grim assessment."

I don't find her loveable. I think she's sick. Really sick. Someone pointed out to me all these previous diaries and it took me like a month to read them and then process all the information therein.

For God's Sake Child Services have recently been involved!! Yuck.

And yes, those boys are always neglected when a new blessing arrives. She had major jealousy issues relating to her own brother. It's a recipe for disaster.

Now she is claiming 3/6 boys are on the autism spectrum. Of course it couldn't be bad parenting or the fact that she is so effing dysfunctional.

I think these boys deserved a great childhood, not a cloistered nightmare with a woman child who is foisting her psychosomatic illnesses on everyone around her.

Look under the layer of icky sweetness and see it for what is is...possibly worse than many of the other mommy bloggers on here.

Also disgusted to see she is switching from homeschooling to unschooling. Now I like the unschooling philosophy and it can be the right choice. But like so many before her she unschools because she can't cope and is often beset by morning sickness. Neither of those things are an underpinning ethos.

I really struggle with this blog. Alarm bells a-plenty. I want to leave a message on the blog but what is the use? It will only propel her to have a long debrief with her enablers and result her her calling me Satan.

Alice? Alice? Who the fuck is Alice?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I said the same thing out loud as I read the subject title. LOL!

:lol:

Yes and her doula is her G O D.

Yes. Wtf is with this Heather. Practically the only irl friend. Not just Doula God, but enabler, counsellor, cheer squad, mother figure, bff, positive blog poster, lifeline, leg humper, babysitter, casual cook/cleaner, spiritual advisor...she is a glutton for punishment! Alice is seriously high maintenance.

I know a woman (non-religious) who is pregnant with #5. First four are boys. Husband isn't thrilled - he wanted to stop at 3 but I seriously think she would have kept going as long as she could until she got that girl. She's already totally and utterly overwhelmed so no clue how she is going to deal with this.

I have an aunt this way. She would have kept having kids until a girl was born if she could have. Her husband got a vasectomy after their fourth son was born. I have always worried how kids would feel growing up like that. I think I would have felt unwanted.

Hopefully Alice will give all her kids equal love and attention. I hadn't heard of her before now.

I have an aunt this way. She would have kept having kids until a girl was born if she could have. Her husband got a vasectomy after their fourth son was born. I have always worried how kids would feel growing up like that. I think I would have felt unwanted.

Hopefully Alice will give all her kids equal love and attention. I hadn't heard of her before now.

I kind of wish I hadn't. I've spent an embarrassing amount of time looking down this hole.

But anyway, I just wanted to say she didn't have all those boys to get a girl. She always cites the Lord opens and closes the womb thing. She kind of misses the point though, with all that obsessive monitering and temperature taking. Even her oldest son asks her to pee on a pregnancy test stick every now and then.

The husband isn't really on board at all. The problem is he has absolutely no balls whatsoever. She has even kicked him out of the bed. He has to sleep on the boy's room floor.

Yes. Wtf is with this Heather. Practically the only irl friend. Not just Doula God, but enabler, counsellor, cheer squad, mother figure, bff, positive blog poster, lifeline, leg humper, babysitter, casual cook/cleaner, spiritual advisor...she is a glutton for punishment! Alice is seriously high maintenance.

I agree with all your opinions. I think she is totally selfish. Possibly mentally ill. Certainly not loveable. There is something not right going on there.

The babies are so close together, she nurses two or three of them concurrently? And she's still able to get pregnant? Completely negates Mullet's argument for stopping breastfeeding at five months and handing the baby over to the buddy.

Yeah, she's crazy and bad. Probably messing up her kids big time. I guess I just don't hate fundies as much as I'm supposed to. I don't like them, but they're really just a curiosity for me.

The babies are so close together, she nurses two or three of them concurrently? And she's still able to get pregnant? Completely negates Mullet's argument for stopping breastfeeding at five months and handing the baby over to the buddy.

I thought mullet breastfed til around 8 months and then suffered drops in supply with a new pregnancy and then weaned. Not weaned to get pregnant. But I may have heard wrong..

But either way, some people do need to wean to get pregnant, some don't. Tandem nursing is something I have seen often on fundie blogs. And crunchy blogs too. Alice does seem to have a talent for it though.

I've been following Alice since the (possible) beginning of this pregnancy.What concerns me the most are all of these references she makes to CSD involvement.All she ever says about it is that the charges were bs and the case was closed/is closing.If someone feels they are inlolved with CSD for unfounded charges, they usually explain why.It bugs me that she wont explain why the allegations are unfounded.That tells me she isn't taking personal responsibility for something that has to do with authorities believing that she and/or her husband were unfit parents.

I was happy to hear she was having a girl, too-but I just about choked when I read the ultrasound techs response.."you're going to have to have another one...to keep this one company.It's a girl."

I have to say I'm not overly concerned about her playing favorites, because she seemed so intent on being just as happy with a boy.(obviously, she wouldn't have been, but someone trying that hard to convince herself might be real careful once the female child gets here)....I could be wrong of course-I guess we'll see.

I've been following Alice since the (possible) beginning of this pregnancy.What concerns me the most are all of these references she makes to CSD involvement.All she ever says about it is that the charges were bs and the case was closed/is closing.If someone feels they are inlolved with CSD for unfounded charges, they usually explain why.It bugs me that she wont explain why the allegations are unfounded.That tells me she isn't taking personal responsibility for something that has to do with authorities believing that she and/or her husband were unfit parents.

I was happy to hear she was having a girl, too-but I just about choked when I read the ultrasound techs response.."you're going to have to have another one...to keep this one company.It's a girl."

I have to say I'm not overly concerned about her playing favorites, because she seemed so intent on being just as happy with a boy.(obviously, she wouldn't have been, but someone trying that hard to convince herself might be real careful once the female child gets here)....I could be wrong of course-I guess we'll see.

I think Alice is crazy enough to make that bolded part up.

I love her brand of crazy. I feel bad for the kids, the husband, society (when she unleashed her unruly bunch), and I certainly wish this was fiction, but, wow, I love me this train wreck!

In her latest post, Alice puts her youngest son in girls clothing. I'm kind of surprised, but pleased by her relaxed attitude.

She is now, admittedly, un-schooling because that's all she can currently manage

This makes me crazy. Unschooling should be more work than using a curriculum, not less!

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Maybe they are going to try to stage an intervention with Neil. Sometimes a person can get so deep into a dysfunctional/unhealthy situation they fail to see how bad things really are. Maybe the mil will offer to help Neil get out of the relationship and take the kids with him. Alice's thinking is seriously disordered.

I was not surprised to see that she is a member on in-gender. There are plenty of pregnancy addicted women there who keep having them until they get the desired gender. As a mom with secondary infertility it makes me a bit ill.

• 4 weeks later...

New post is up in which she admits she's pretty much given up all semblance of homeschooling. And that she can't manage to look after the kids, or even get them all to bed.. alicesbaby.blogspot.co.uk

"13 hours alone raising 6 small children and incubating another is really really really hard work. I'm also supposed to be homeschooling and coping with very impossible autistic and crazy ADHD type behaviour, but I am currently doing a really bad job at those two things along with the rest of it.."

I really feel for her - those things must be overwhelming, and with no help I can't even imagine how, why or what she can get done during that time apart from firefighting constantly and hopefully everyone being fed and cleanish by the end of the day. But why or why is it necessary to make your life (and the kids) so very hard by not sending them to school - plenty of church schools here in the UK, and by keeping on having new babies.. You need to give the ones you already have the very best of you..

I've been trying to work out where she is based, she mentions a few things which makes me think outer SW London, in which case houses are small, gardens are tiny, commute is long and house prices are crazy expensive. Imagining all the children in a small 3 bedroom house, with maybe 2 rooms downstairs - kitchen and sitting room, usually a third room might have existed like a front room or dining room but would have been knocked through to create a room maybe 15ft x 18ft. A garden maybe 45-50ft long, 20-30ft wide. 6 children, all boys, in that amount of space all day long, just unimaginably overwhelming, then to throw in ADHD and Autism..

Therapies for school age children are generally delivered through the school system so I am not sure if she will get any support if she is homeschooling. She will have a Health Visitor (nurse who looks after families with children aged 5 and under), and could get support through her local children's centre if she's prepared to go. It seems like she had a social worker at some point so there maybe some oversight there. She could have a volunteer from Homestart a charity here that provides help for families with young children, but that's only 2 hrs a week.

What she really needs is a school which can support her 2 boys with special needs, she'd probably be entitled to free transport, put the other children in a local primary, even the youngest 3 and over are now entitled to 3 hrs free nursery education each day. Its all there so :angry-banghead:

Having grown up in outer SW London, I have to agree she sounds like she's thereabouts to me, too.

Are the boys actually diagnosed? Is it possible that they're just so sheltered and used to a strange (especially for kids in that area who are generally playing at the rec 24/7 with school friends) life that they have started to behave in a manner that resembles a kid on the spectrum? Never leaving a cramped, crowded house can't be good for any kid.

Are the boys actually diagnosed? Is it possible that they're just so sheltered and used to a strange (especially for kids in that area who are generally playing at the rec 24/7 with school friends) life that they have started to behave in a manner that resembles a kid on the spectrum? Never leaving a cramped, crowded house can't be good for any kid.

Have to agree on what u said. If she can't teach her kids why is she not sending them to school. If her kids need help they should get it.

Having grown up in outer SW London, I have to agree she sounds like she's thereabouts to me, too.

I do wonder about the boys being diagnosed. Seems like it would have really put them in touch with a few more authority figures who might have been a bit WTF about the way she's bringing up the children? At the very least she'd have needed a referral to the community peadiatrician, and then gone through the pretty extensive testing etc to confirm the diagnosis. It isn't something I can see her doing..

And yes, I am sure that even if the boys are diagnosed ADHD and autistic it's got to make their behaviours worse being in that crazy environment - unschooling doesn't seem the best idea for children who would do well with structure..

I wonder at what point she's going to stop?

Yeah, she's crazy and bad. Probably messing up her kids big time. I guess I just don't hate fundies as much as I'm supposed to. I don't like them, but they're really just a curiosity for me.

Agree with you on your statement!

I've followed her a bit myself (though she does get long winded at times and I feel the need to skim). I recall a post where she mentioned she was at a doctor's appointment or something, she brought all 6 of her boys, and they were running around in 6 different directions. She said that she was trying to get them all out the door at the end of her appointment, but she got so frustrated attempting to round them up that she was near tears. Apparently others in the waiting room at the time were staring at her, and she wondered if they were thinking "well if she can't handle the number of kids she has, why on earth is she having another one?". I'm not sure if all these details are correct as I read it a month or so ago, but you get the gist...though she seems sweet (at least on her blog, no telling how someone is in real life), I will admit, I have found myself curious what her motivation is to have one kid after another....it seems to go beyond "being open" to having more kids, more like she seems to actively TRY to have more kids. I personally can't understand this mindset, not when she appears overwhelmed with the children she already has. I can't judge the being overwhelmed part, kids are freaking energetic and she is vastly outnumbered. But where then does the motivation come in to actively continue having MORE? Just curious