IGNORED

Alice Pregnancy Addict (alicesbaby)

So Many Lies

Frankly I suspect Alices obsession with babies may be a mental issue. From reading about her childhood she was desperate to have more brothers and sisters, her parents were overbearing and expecting her to be a smart child and with all of the damaging issues she dealt with, I'm not surprised she went to therapy.

In saying that, I feel extremely sorry for her and Neil. If worst comes to worst and they need finical help, I doubt Alices family will have anything to do with that. Her grandparents told her not to even bother telling them if she was pregnant after Lydia was born. Apparently they told her "you've got the girl you wanted, now stop having them" (paraphrasing).

Are her parents/any other family members fundy?

I don't think so from reading about her life but I'm still curious if she was able to drag any of them down to Quiverfull with her.

You can still search any blog in google:

search term site:site.com

OK, so I searched

parsnips:AlicesBaby.com

and now I KNOW I will never go back.

When it comes to people like this, I can't help but wonder... WHY? I'm talking about her husband. Why did he marry her in the first place? Why did he stay married to her, when there were so many problems so early in their marriage? Why does he let her walk all over him? Why does he keep impregnating her? WHY?

But I've wondered this about other couples I know personally. I have to admit, I am one of those people who would much, much rather be single than in a 'meh' relationship, so I have a hard time understanding people who will put up with almost anything just because they're afraid of being lonely. And I honestly think that's what a lot of it comes down to. Fear of being alone. This person is with me. They want me. They say nice things to me. Sometimes they have sex with me. I can, to some extent, depend on them. What will happen if I leave them? I'll be ALONE!!!

More people should try being alone sometimes. It can actually be kind of awesome. :)

One reason I'll never go back has to do her description of nursing 3 (three, 3!, THREE!!!) children throughout one of her pregnancies. I just had this vision of three giant ticks clinging to her, engorged with milk.

And her walls of text obsessive descriptions of the minutiae of her body processes, which has been pretty well covered by other posters.

And when she starts a post, it's like she thinks there are millions of people out there just hanging on until they know about her her hourly basal temps, and did one of Neil's sperms hit a home run or WHAT?

There's something about this woman that just isn't right.

Her kids look so very sweet, but I wish their mum spent more time thinking about and educating them and less time obsessing over herself.

Frankly I suspect Alices obsession with babies may be a mental issue. From reading about her childhood she was desperate to have more brothers and sisters, her parents were overbearing and expecting her to be a smart child and with all of the damaging issues she dealt with, I'm not surprised she went to therapy.

In saying that, I feel extremely sorry for her and Neil. If worst comes to worst and they need finical help, I doubt Alices family will have anything to do with that. Her grandparents told her not to even bother telling them if she was pregnant after Lydia was born. Apparently they told her "you've got the girl you wanted, now stop having them" (paraphrasing).

Are her parents/any other family members fundy?

I don't think so from reading about her life but I'm still curious if she was able to drag any of them down to Quiverfull with her.

No. They are atheists. She became a Christian because God told her to and them He healed her chronic fatigue. The family was against it.

I think her parents would probably help financially if it was really bad ... I think they keep their opinions (mostly) to themselves.

But seriously Neil and Alice are 40. I wouldn't really want to bail out my 40 year old kid either.

If Alice was my daughter, yeah I'd have reservations about the constant pregnancies.

Growing up she was actually terribly jealous of her brother. Like as in it caused significant issues in the house, beyond mere rivalry. If she wanted more brothers and sisters I'd be inclined to say it was mainly due to some kid's book she read as she seems to blur fantasy and reality.

Do you really think the parents overbearing? I've never gotten that vibe. They escaped to France to live and Alice is quite possessive over them.

I'm really interested to hear your take on it. I did skim over some stuff about how incredibly bright she is etc. I could never write about myself like that (well I've never been exceptional actually but I still probably wouldn't )

When it comes to people like this, I can't help but wonder... WHY? I'm talking about her husband. Why did he marry her in the first place? Why did he stay married to her, when there were so many problems so early in their marriage? Why does he let her walk all over him? Why does he keep impregnating her? WHY?

But I've wondered this about other couples I know personally. I have to admit, I am one of those people who would much, much rather be single than in a 'meh' relationship, so I have a hard time understanding people who will put up with almost anything just because they're afraid of being lonely. And I honestly think that's what a lot of it comes down to. Fear of being alone. This person is with me. They want me. They say nice things to me. Sometimes they have sex with me. I can, to some extent, depend on them. What will happen if I leave them? I'll be ALONE!!!

More people should try being alone sometimes. It can actually be kind of awesome. :)

That is very sensible.

I think Neil's condition can be summed up by two words: Low Expectations

I think Neil's condition can be summed up by two words: Low Expectations

Still laughing.

At this point, maybe he's grateful to have four hours alone in the car every day and grateful that his wife has something on which to focus her obsessions besides him.

He may also simply adore his children, who all look very sweet. If he divorced, he'd be financially destroyed by child support, or however that works in Britain. He's not going anywhere unless he drives off to work one morning at 4:30 am and just keeps going.

Still laughing.

At this point, maybe he's grateful to have four hours alone in the car every day and grateful that his wife has something on which to focus her obsessions besides him.

He may also simply adore his children, who all look very sweet. If he divorced, he'd be financially destroyed by child support, or however that works in Britain. He's not going anywhere unless he drives off to work one morning at 4:30 am and just keeps going.

LOL!!

I probably should have said three words "very low expectations"!

He won't leave now. He was going to when they had no kids but I really don't think he would now. He wouldn't up and leave the kids. I'm sure he cares about them. He's thoroughly tied down and probably lost touch with what's normal long ago. Plus he's a committed Christian, born and bred, so he's signed up for this madness and will stay, probably God's Will.

I don't think she could give a rats about his life as long as her needs are met.

No update on her big scan from yesterday, but we do have a bump photo. Is it even possible to look THAT pregnant at 12 weeks? And she put a foot on the calendar everytime she felt the baby? Is that even possible? WTF?

No update on her big scan from yesterday, but we do have a bump photo. Is it even possible to look THAT pregnant at 12 weeks? And she put a foot on the calendar everytime she felt the baby? Is that even possible? WTF?

Yup, this girl's a poster child for WTF! Also, congrats on the utterly awesome avatar.

It occurred to me that we at FJ follow several women who are OCD to a greater or lesser degree:

Erica Shupe (a self professed 'perfectionist' and obsessive scheduler)

Lisa Pennington at the Pennington Point (has mentioned in several blog posts being OCD and noting that several of her children have those tendencies)

Alice in Kinderland obsessively details the changes in her body before and during pregnancy -- something very OCD about this

Yup, this girl's a poster child for WTF! Also, congrats on the utterly awesome avatar.

It occurred to me that we at FJ follow several women who are OCD to a greater or lesser degree:

Erica Shupe (a self professed 'perfectionist' and obsessive scheduler)

Lisa Pennington at the Pennington Point (has mentioned in several blog posts being OCD and noting that several of her children have those tendencies)

Alice in Kinderland obsessively details the changes in her body before and during pregnancy -- something very OCD about this

I think fundamentalism is attractive to people with certain mental health conditions. There are a lot of fundies we speak about who could probably be diagnosed with something. Fundamentalism is so black and white, with so many rules and I guess it feels safe for certain kinds of people.

^

It is a bit ridiculous.

She reckons the baby is a girl. Something to do with the nub.

It's probably for the best. If it was another boy she probably would have gone into another depression/anxiety meltdown like after Elijah was born. All the while denying she's favoring one sex over another.

Five stars. Will continue to read.

This woman types herself into believing her own bull. Every month (except maybe one?) before this pregnancy she completely convinced herself she was ovulating, then pregnant. She kept adjusting the data she entered in the fertility app, to get it to say what she wanted!

Best part: Parsnips!

Worst part: Tie between endless photos of dry pregnancy tests and the never-ending descriptions of blood and cervical mucous.

Most concerning part: Her children's forced participation in her fertility obsession in order to receive attention from her.

Can't wait to see her justify how correct she was in determining gender from the nub, regardless of whether it's a girl or boy.

Alice does seem to have her kids way to involved in the pregnancy. The idea that her kids were asking "Did you see the nub?" sounded a bit weird to me. I'd expect kids to ask if it's a boy or girl but not in those terms.

Whew! So glad that it looks like another girl. I would've been worried about the entire family's mental health if it was a boy. It will be interesting to see if Alice follows through on her "promise" that the second girl will have Neil's mother's name as a middle name. She talked about using both grandmother's names with Lydia in case she only had one girl but decided just to honour her own mother... I get the impression she doesn't think too highly of Neil's family.

Whew! So glad that it looks like another girl. I would've been worried about the entire family's mental health if it was a boy. It will be interesting to see if Alice follows through on her "promise" that the second girl will have Neil's mother's name as a middle name. She talked about using both grandmother's names with Lydia in case she only had one girl but decided just to honour her own mother... I get the impression she doesn't think too highly of Neil's family.

She totally won't. She despises Neil's family, I think.

I so agree with your point on the mental health. She always says it doesn't matter but it a lie. "More best friends for mama" ugh!

Also why can't one of her sons be a bf?

Alice does seem to have her kids way to involved in the pregnancy. The idea that her kids were asking "Did you see the nub?" sounded a bit weird to me. I'd expect kids to ask if it's a boy or girl but not in those terms.

Because she speaks of nothing else. Seriously. I felt sad when Arthur asked her a couple of years ago to "pee on one of those stick things".

Seriously, a 9 or 8 year old boy should have better/more things to occupy their time. It's really cloying, feels wrong to me.

Five stars. Will continue to read.

This woman types herself into believing her own bull. Every month (except maybe one?) before this pregnancy she completely convinced herself she was ovulating, then pregnant. She kept adjusting the data she entered in the fertility app, to get it to say what she wanted!

Best part: Parsnips!

Worst part: Tie between endless photos of dry pregnancy tests and the never-ending descriptions of blood and cervical mucous.

Most concerning part: Her children's forced participation in her fertility obsession in order to receive attention from her.

Can't wait to see her justify how correct she was in determining gender from the nub, regardless of whether it's a girl or boy.

Your summary is dead right. And I feel the same about how she used fertility friend. did she see it as a failure if she didn't get pregnant/ovulate every month? It was very psychosomatic.

THIS. So painful and a very sick dynamic to have with your children. Those boys are going to have a tough go of marriage if any of them marries a normal woman.

THIS. So painful and a very sick dynamic to have with your children. Those boys are going to have a tough go of marriage if any of them marries a normal woman.

I agree, I feel sorry for those boys and any women they might marry in the future.

I had a quick look at that website she keeps posting the nub photos to and MENTAL! it includes tips on how to "sway" the gender of your baby, such as collecting a "sample" from your man, mixing it with lime juice until you have the pH you need for your desired gender and then shooting it up your ladyparts :cray-cray: And that's before I got into the usage of pasteurised egg white.

So yeah. Homegirl is *definitely* trying to have another girl and I wouldn't put it past her to have done any or all of the above.

I agree, I feel sorry for those boys and any women they might marry in the future.

I so wish those boys had more outside experiences like sports. Well especially the eldest, i think he's 11.

I'm not saying all boys need to be sports crazy but the fresh air, camaraderie would be so good for them. Carefree and different to the home environment. Which is all about excruciating details and various panickings and health and pregnancy and all of that.

I'm worried Neil is training them up to be doormats/nurse maids.

No. They are atheists. She became a Christian because God told her to and them He healed her chronic fatigue. The family was against it.

I think her parents would probably help financially if it was really bad ... I think they keep their opinions (mostly) to themselves.

But seriously Neil and Alice are 40. I wouldn't really want to bail out my 40 year old kid either.

If Alice was my daughter, yeah I'd have reservations about the constant pregnancies.

Growing up she was actually terribly jealous of her brother. Like as in it caused significant issues in the house, beyond mere rivalry. If she wanted more brothers and sisters I'd be inclined to say it was mainly due to some kid's book she read as she seems to blur fantasy and reality.

Do you really think the parents overbearing? I've never gotten that vibe. They escaped to France to live and Alice is quite possessive over them.

I'm really interested to hear your take on it. I did skim over some stuff about how incredibly bright she is etc. I could never write about myself like that (well I've never been exceptional actually but I still probably wouldn't )

Alices parents seemed quite tough on her in terms of schooling. Taking her to get her IQ tested at age 6 because her school thought she wasn't smart enough to be in the class she was put in seemed a bit overboard. The way her parents fussed over her IQ and expecting the school to put Alice in the top classes.

They really seemed to expect great, intelligent things to come out of that girl!

Can anyone link to the post(s?) where Alice thinks Arthur has Aspergers? I have it myself and I'm really interested to read what signs she saw.

Has Arthur been formally diagnosed with Aspergers or has Alice just decided he had it? Considering everything she has diagnosed herself with already in this pregnancy, I've got to wonder whether she's seen Arthur is different to other kids and latched onto Aspergers as an explanation. In her pregnancy she has midwives and doctors to say "No, you don't have xyz" but with Arthur, there are no teachers to say this. As a teacher, my experience has been that if a parent says something is wrong with their child, they are usually correct. However, they are often wrong about what the condition is.