IGNORED

Alice Pregnancy Addict (alicesbaby)

So Many Lies

Um...wow. This woman has the emotional maturity of an adolescent. Why would someone with such an impressively large and eclectic assortment of issues think its a good idea to have a litter of children? And why is her husband enabling this madness?

I think she herself admits that she has a low level of maturity. Yeah, weird about the husband. But there are plenty of guys without balls. Seems to me when it comes to looney-bin bloggers the husbands are either totally lacking in nuts or think that they are God.Doesn't sound like fun to me. Or even tolerable for that matter. Yeah I think I feel for the guy, he has bought into a whole world of crazy. Perhaps he sees it as God's Will. Wonder how his parents accept all of this. Anyway, its a good advertisement for buyer beware when it comes to picking a spouse!

is not that good than it sounds, the european countries that are more restrictive about homescholing have a fascist/dictatorship past, having the monopoly of education is a way of controlling population, so have sense.

Hmmmm. I have learnt a lot today.

Hell, yes. She's always holding them back for her own needs. That is digraceful, and applies to most families on these boards. The reasons are different but its the same bs. I believe in breastfeeding exclusively up to 6 months if possible as well but now he is 8 months it wont kill him to supplement a little! I don't like it.

when pregnant many will loose their milk/not make enough (my sister figured out she was pregnant again when her son started being hungry all the time, her milk supply dropped drastically) so supplementing is a good thing in that case... as much as suply and demand rule can work with one or even 2 kids still nursing throwing pregnancy in to the mix to me is a game changer. and I am writing this having had one baby who was exclusively BF till 9 months (would not take any solids) and my second till pretty much 1 year (both big boys most of the time at least 1 clothing size bigger than their age.)

I've read pretty much everything she's posted and I need a break now, I think! I think her husband puts up with the children and pregnancy things because this Alice seems to be so much better than the Alice of the past. The one with anxiety, depression, fear of vomiting, religious obsession, Star Trek addiction, fantasy addiction, psychosomatic illnesses, extreme attachment to her parents, fear of sex, fear of intimacy, gender issues, obsessive visits to the cemetery and on and on. Her pregnancy addiction is bad, but she doesn't seem to be nearly as troubled as before. Maybe he sees this life as an improvement.

Or maybe she still has those issues on top of the pregnancy addiction, but doesn't talk about them anymore. If so, then her husband is one poor tortured soul.

I think she breastfeeds more than one at a time.

I managed to discover the reason they didn't have a baby sooner in their marriage - they didn't have sex for over three years during that time. She was so afraid of pregnancy that she couldn't do it.

sheepdip.diaryland.com/pregnomummy.html

She wasn't afraid of pregnancy, she was terrified of vomiting. She needed serious counseling to get over the fear. She wanted to be a mother, she just couldn't stand the thought of morning sickness.

She also has a serious attachment to her mother, and couldn't stand to be away from her.

At the very least, she speaks about the boys lovingly. Or blogs that way.

Not defending her for having so many, so fast, but I have read fundie blogs where there is a whole lot less positive said about the kids themselves.

Laughed at her bedroom for five, though. Does she realize the boys are going to get bigger and stinkier? I had four sons, and my third "wee little manny" is 6 foot 7, and someone would have his feet in their face.

Laughed at her bedroom for five, though. Does she realize the boys are going to get bigger and stinkier? I had four sons, and my third "wee little manny" is 6 foot 7, and someone would have his feet in their face.

A friend of mine has three brothers and he and his older brother had to share a bed for a while. They moved into a bigger house when the boys were something like 11,8,5 and 2.

According to the blog, the doctor suggested supplementing breastfeeding with formula as the child seemed to be constantly hungry. He did not tell her to stop breastfeeding.

He still isn't allowed to tell her to even supplement the feeds which really does my nut in because not everyone can breastfeed or want to for that matter it's all personal choice after all.

At the very least, she speaks about the boys lovingly. Or blogs that way.

Yeah, I'm sure she is a great smother...er I mean mother. ;)

Because in Germany there isn't Bildungspflicht, ie compulsory education, but Schulpflicht ie compulsory attendance of a school for the purpose of education. There are very rare cases where the parents work abroad or where the child is ill or disabled where homeschooling will be allowed, but following the state curriculum and sitting the state exams.

The argument is that all children should have access to the same amount of knowledge about science, religion, sexuality and society without parental/other circumstantial bias. They don't want a "parallel society". It's been illegal since 1919 and has been challenged many times, so far unsuccessfully.

It has to be added that education is a matter for the individual Bundesland, ie the state ( Bavaria, Baden-Württemberg etc), not a country-wide thing. You also get a wide range of state-approved school, including Steiner schools and "free schools", so it's not all big grey 60's blocks full of evil state teachers ^^

I did not know the answer. Wiki said it was made illegal in 1938 and Germany's education system is still supervised by the UN due to human rights violations. I like your answer much better.

I do like the idea that all children should have access to the same amount of knowledge without crazy parents getting in the way.

I did not know the answer. Wiki said it was made illegal in 1938 and Germany's education system is still supervised by the UN due to human rights violations. I like your answer much better.

The UN did a report in 2006 where the Special Rapporteur on the rights of education said he was worried the lack of home schooling might be a violation of human rights. You can read the report here http://www.institut-fuer-menschenrechte ... y_2006.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

I've been following this woman's blog since the original post (wasn't aware of her previously.) She is all sorts of crazy. Someone called her on it -- very nicely, in a genuinely concerned tone -- and Alice considered it an attack of Satan and then proceeded to rebut with a classic ad hominem attack, insulting the commenter and questioning her credentials rather than answering the charges.

Apparently there is an almost resolved CPS investigation. Alice is spotting and needs a medical referral, but has "good reasons not to approach [her] GP re. my pregnancy at the moment." She is neglecting her children's home schooling because of morning sickness, which she has done with other pregnancies, but apparently has time to leave the most obscure "hints" on her FB page (seriously obscure. Using the number seven in entirely banal ways -- it's her seventh child, if you don't count the imagined twin that she lost at a few weeks pregnant.) She's already concerned that the current pregnancy (7 weeks) is twins, this from the position of her uterus, which she can feel (and previously thought it was a stool) and believes it to be higher than her other pregnancies (can women feel a uterus at 7 weeks? Is that a thing.)

I'm fascinated by this train wreck. I'm nauseated by her enablers. I'm really worried about her kids.

Anyone else been reading Alice Pregnancy Journal?

Yeah, this lady seems to have some serious anxiety going on. It made me kind of nervous just trying to read her obsessive blabbering.

Yeah. She came up a while ago (I think she was pregnant with the latest baby) on another forum I read. I checked out her blog then but honestly had to quit because she made me so nervous. I bet she's unbearable in real life.

I'm reading her blog now with bated breath. Can't wait to see what happens and hope she doesn't shut the whole thing down. I don't think she will though, I think she is too crazy to be deterred. I'm starting to feel a sort of strange fondness/pity/concern for her. And her poor babies.

She has her own doppler at home. Why am I not surprised? :shock: I have never known a pregnant woman to have her own doppler at home. Anyone else?

I've continued following also-through the mind numbing detail of morning sickness&sleeping habits.I thought it was great when I read the comment from the clinical psycologist-she was right about just saying what many are thinking.Alice came unglued at the suggestion that she was obsessed w / being pg-of course she blames satan(disguised as a concerned citizen)

I was quite worried when she detailed how she'd have to hide her pregnancy from Social Services in the previous post. I can't find anywhere why they are checking up on her at all, is there a post? there must be, Satan's persecution and all..

also

but I know the feeling of uterus from anything else.
? ew.

I think her most interesting issue is the Star Trek addiction. I was obsessed with Star Trek as a child too, but I never thought of it as a bad thing. It brought me a lot of happiness, actually.

sheepdip.diaryland.com/temptation.html ---towards the bottom

What is it with fundies and Star Trek? First Emily and now her.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping the thread since Alice now has ultarsound pictures of baby number 7 (nicknamed Krispie).

alicesbaby.blogspot.com

Something tells me, she's not going to stop at 7...

She has her own doppler at home. Why am I not surprised? :shock: I have never known a pregnant woman to have her own doppler at home. Anyone else?

I totally did -- and others on the Bump message board I was on did too. I'm not saying it's normal. But I was very anxious my whole pregnancy about something going wrong, and listening to my daughter's heartbeat once a day up until I was able to feel her kicking frequently made me feel a lot better.

I then proceeded to have postpartum anxiety and am now on Zoloft and feel a lot better. :)

I totally did -- and others on the Bump message board I was on did too. I'm not saying it's normal. But I was very anxious my whole pregnancy about something going wrong, and listening to my daughter's heartbeat once a day up until I was able to feel her kicking frequently made me feel a lot better.

I then proceeded to have postpartum anxiety and am now on Zoloft and feel a lot better. :)

When you explain it like that I can see why you had one. Somehow I don't think Alice uses it once/day, probably once/hour. And I'd bet money she keeps track of the heart rate and writes it down.

I've been following this woman's blog since the original post (wasn't aware of her previously.) She is all sorts of crazy. Someone called her on it -- very nicely, in a genuinely concerned tone -- and Alice considered it an attack of Satan and then proceeded to rebut with a classic ad hominem attack, insulting the commenter and questioning her credentials rather than answering the charges.

Apparently there is an almost resolved CPS investigation. Alice is spotting and needs a medical referral, but has "good reasons not to approach [her] GP re. my pregnancy at the moment." She is neglecting her children's home schooling because of morning sickness, which she has done with other pregnancies, but apparently has time to leave the most obscure "hints" on her FB page (seriously obscure. Using the number seven in entirely banal ways -- it's her seventh child, if you don't count the imagined twin that she lost at a few weeks pregnant.) She's already concerned that the current pregnancy (7 weeks) is twins, this from the position of her uterus, which she can feel (and previously thought it was a stool) and believes it to be higher than her other pregnancies (can women feel a uterus at 7 weeks? Is that a thing.)

I'm fascinated by this train wreck. I'm nauseated by her enablers. I'm really worried about her kids.

Anyone else been reading Alice Pregnancy Journal?

Oh I hear you. It's terrible. Who is this Heather, queen of the enablers? Does she realise Alice is a lunatic? Why did she give the cell number of a head nurse to Alice, a hypochondriac person with a history of inventing/imagining all kinds of sickness? One post partum episode she was convinced she had retained placenta or something. Turned out to be nothing but she raised all kind of uproar. No I don't think the uterus is palpable until 10-12 weeks.

Thank God there's no imaginary twin this time. Yet. And I also thought those hints were so stupid and lame. It's incrediably self-absorbed. She thinks people will be scratching their head and putting it all together like Scooby-Doo. Meanwhile hubby is relegated back to the Boy' s Dorm (who came up with that? It's brill) and puts up with so much, too much.

I find it all kind of gross. Those boys need fresh air. The eldest is what, 8? Why can't he go out to swimming lessons/football etc? It would do him the world of good. It does make me sad. She should pour her energy into her current children. I would love to suggest it, that everyone's resources are finite, financial, time,energy etc. but I'll only be called "the devil" or "satan" in response. It seems if you can't enable the crazy then you are evil. I thought she was rude to that woman. In any case if she thought she was following a biblical model for the house she would listen to her husband more and respond more kindly to comments.

When you explain it like that I can see why you had one. Somehow I don't think Alice uses it once/day, probably once/hour. And I'd bet money she keeps track of the heart rate and writes it down.

:lol: You forgot pestering the midwife with her findings on a daily basis because of some imagined anomaly.

I'm reading her blog now with bated breath. Can't wait to see what happens and hope she doesn't shut the whole thing down. I don't think she will though, I think she is too crazy to be deterred. I'm starting to feel a sort of strange fondness/pity/concern for her. And her poor babies.

Well, she doesn't seem to have any friends really. And her family kind of tiptoe around her.

• 4 weeks later...

There's a new update from my current favourite quiver-filler!

The highlights?

- detailed descriptions of feeling the baby move from 10 weeks along (?)

- FOUR paragraphs about whether or not her 12w ultrasound pics indicate a girl

- still feeling sick - so who KNOWS how much homeschooling is getting done

There's NO chance this woman is stopping the baby-making until menopause. Sigh. This is number 7. I predict 8-10. :doh: