IGNORED

Alice Pregnancy Addict (alicesbaby)

So Many Lies

WOW!! I can't make it through that blog. Essays on each day with an updated pee stick?!? A comparison on the 6 increasingly positive sticks?! She doesn't have time to update on her kids but can discuss her temp fluctuations and the varying colors of her bloody vaginal discharge like she was waxing rhapsodically about a sunset?! I'm out! :pink-shock:

This pretty much sums up my thoughts.

I just looked up her blog and read the first few posts. That was a lot of information. :shock:

I can honestly say, I have never in my life, seen, or wanted to see, so many pee sticks... :o And the longwinded posts about every-fucking-thing she feels.

I really wanted to leave a message saying "Alice, darling, do yourself a favour and get a hobby, or get your husband a hobby..."

Can you imagine when she's menopausal? She'll be devastated.

I think she may stop after this one if it's another girl. She claims to be totally ok with whatever gender, but I don't buy it for a minute. She has been hoping for a girl since her second or maybe third. I'm sure she loves her boys, but she really went on and on about her precious girl. (Not that I blame her for wanting a daughter after 6 sons, but she seems like she's at her limit.) Im sure she'll love her child no matter what gender it is, but I believe the obsession may be greatly reduced if she gets a second girl.

I was going to post about this! She is just so mental... I'm most worried about her schooling or lack of it. She says "School is... going differently than I had originally planned! ;) We are unschooling at the moment. Makes me feel flappy, but it's working for the boys very well right now. I would MUCH prefer to be doing structured lessons, but that's for a whole 'nother post that I am sure I won't have time for."

if you'd much prefer structured lessons, but can't effin do it yourself, there's this thing called school. Free and everything.

I think she fascinates me because unlike all the other fundies, she's (relatively) close to home.

She just feels the need to over-analyse *everything*. On her main blog, someone suggested her kids will need braces because buck teeth. Okay, not nice. But instead of just going "whatever haters, it's baby teeth", she writes an essay detailing EVERY. SINGLE. CHILD'S. teeth.

I agree, she vastly prefers her daughter.

I'm sure fertility and pee sticks fit nicely in her homeschooling science curriculum. I imagine her sons asking random pregnant woman at the park about thier bloody discharge. And questions like "Exactly what was your temprature this morning?" "Where did you put the themometer?"

I can honestly say, I have never in my life, seen, or wanted to see, so many pee sticks... :o And the longwinded posts about every-fucking-thing she feels.

I really wanted to leave a message saying "Alice, darling, do yourself a favour and get a hobby, or get your husband a hobby..."

Did she have fertility issues at some point, that triggered this amazing obsession with detailing everything? I skimmed some of the entries, but geez, there's only so much TMI minutia that I can read before my eyes glaze over. I did notice a few mentions of how her parents aren't ecstatic every time she announces another pregnancy, and vague references to needing/wanting to move to a bigger house and get a bigger vehicle. But then it's right back to mucus, temps, and pee sticks, no more information on the rest of her life and family.

Do auto dealers in the UK even sell 10+ passenger vans that aren't an actual bus? I didn't think the Explorer/Suburban-size vehicles had caught on in the UK like they did here; the only larger things I remember seeing in Ireland were actual passenger van types that were being used for tours.

I suppose you could buy a minibus, like they use for schools. Parking would be a nightmare though, as our roads are fairly small.

They did move out of London into the suburbs into a bigger house, which means they must have quite a bit of money; a four bedroom house in the Greater London area is not cheap in any way, shape or form and from the pictures she occasionally posts of the inside, it's not too shabby a house either. So at least we don't have the pop-up trailer poverty issues here. Just the educational neglect and obsession with pregnancy. Woop.

I love how she said that even though she wasn't keeping up with the later kids on her blog, she was making sure that she documented every nanosecond of her pregnancies because she knew how important it would be to them and she didn't want them to feel slighted. I can picture it now…

"Sorry future husband/wife/kids, I don't have any photos of my childhood or birthday parties or things like that, but here are eleventy-billion photos of mum's pee sticks and a play-by-play account of the changes to her cervical mucus!"

Oh, no no no...Alice is not some "never say no" fundie. She charts her sexual activity on the fertility charts (and occasionally talks about sex -- calling it "parsnips" -- in her blogs.) She's having sex once or twice a month, at the right time. In the old house she used to make Neil sleep in the boy's room rather than their bedroom.

No, this is not some oversexed husband. This is all Alice trying to get pregnant.

All.

The.

Time.

Alice is a new one to me. She is, er, very tuned in to her body.

Holy TMI Batman!

I would pay good money to be in the staff room of the NHS hospital after an Alice visitation :lol:

Welp. Having just now clambered out of that rabbit hole of pregnancy obsession, I look like this: :shock: and will most likely still look like that til the end of the day.

Welp. Having just now clambered out of that rabbit hole of pregnancy obsession, I look like this: :shock: and will most likely still look like that til the end of the day.

Right there with you in the same rabbit hole. I'm at work and on the iPad thought "don't go there, DON'T GO THERE". Ya I went there.

:brain-bleach: :brain-bleach: :brain-bleach: ...

Somehow I've missed the discussions on this one. Just when I've figured out there can't be anyone crazier than "X", I find out I'm wrong. But hey it makes my obsession. With all things Boston Bruins seem perfectly normal and sane so thanks. :D

Right there with you in the same rabbit hole. I'm at work and on the iPad thought "don't go there, DON'T GO THERE". Ya I went there.

:brain-bleach: :brain-bleach: :brain-bleach: ...

Somehow I've missed the discussions on this one. Just when I've figured out there can't be anyone crazier than "X", I find out I'm wrong. But hey it makes my obsession. With all things Boston Bruins seem perfectly normal and sane so thanks. :D

Stupid Bruins played themselves out of the playoffs this year and can't blame anyone except themselves.

Oh, no no no...Alice is not some "never say no" fundie. She charts her sexual activity on the fertility charts (and occasionally talks about sex -- calling it "parsnips" -- in her blogs.) She's having sex once or twice a month, at the right time. In the old house she used to make Neil sleep in the boy's room rather than their bedroom.

No, this is not some oversexed husband. This is all Alice trying to get pregnant.

All.

The.

Time.

parsnips?

husband in the boys room?

WHAT?

This person is new to me, are there any blog highlights to check out? I skimmed her blog but didn't get too far into the crazy.

Stupid Bruins played themselves out of the playoffs this year and can't blame anyone except themselves.

I can't bold because I'm on the iPad (if it can be done I don't know how). Wanted to bold the last part. ABSOLUTELY. One more win. JUST ONE and Cindy and the Brady's would have missed the playoffs and we'd have been in. My only solace is the Kings cratered and missed too. We were "only" the President's Trophy (Curse) winner. LA won the whole she-bang.

Well now Chiarelli is gone, Julien is likely gone and I'm watching the IIHF tourney.

And now we return you to the threads regular comments. :D

Has she ever mentioned what church she goes to? What denomination?

I'm fascinated by a crazy British fundie because you just don't get them very often, and most homeschoolers here are the crunchy type and usually not religious or Pagan. Over here you get church state-funded schools (mostly Anglican but also RC, Jewish, Muslim and so on) which is possibly why only the very extreme religious types homeschool for religious reasons. I know one person homeschooling for possibly religious reasons (I am not sure but they're not crunchy types) but mum has a degree from a Very Prestigious University and will definitely be doing proper home education and not unschooling.

In the old house she used to make Neil sleep in the boy's room rather than their bedroom.

oh yes, I had forgotten that! The poor man.. and then there was the time when someone in his family died (or was grievously ill?) and his family didn't want her there and she didn't really get the hints... do I remember that right? Her blog sadly has no search function.

Oh. My. God. I'd forgotten about this woman and, well, I'm not sure "my bleeding turned BROWN this morning!!! At laaast!!" was a very gentle re-introduction. :disgust:

This is the kind of shit you track and become very well-versed in after IVF. And yea, those pee sticks do not look good.

Of course, after IVF they do a blood test, you know, with actual numbers. The pee testing is just insane. She should have asked for a beta. Or just paid for one.

EDIT: Sorry, I was a few posts behind the crazy train. I guess she thinks a 147 beta after a missed period is good. Uh, OK then.

oh yes, I had forgotten that! The poor man.. and then there was the time when someone in his family died (or was grievously ill?) and his family didn't want her there and she didn't really get the hints... do I remember that right? Her blog sadly has no search function.

You can still search any blog in google:

search term site:site.com

So, each month, she describes on her blog how she tracks her attempts to get pregnant in excruciating detail just so that she has a record to show her kids one day?

Do I have that right?

The fuck? Why would anyone want that?!

You know, I could cut her some slack, and understand her enthusiasm, or attention to detail if she was TTC for the first time, or if she had trouble conceiving in the past, but at the rate she's popping them out, I don't understand why her life revolves around conceiving and being pregnant...She has all those little kids to care for and educate, they deserve so much better.