IGNORED

Alice Pregnancy Addict (alicesbaby)

So Many Lies

Wow, at 12 weeks you cant even tell, its not worth trying. Surely someone who has 6 kids would know that and wait til about 20 weeks.

Also how can someone feel a 10 week fetus move? Its only a few inches long.

She has her own doppler at home. Why am I not surprised? :shock: I have never known a pregnant woman to have her own doppler at home. Anyone else?

DH and I went thru years of fertility to get pregnant, and lost twins (our first pregnancy) at 18 weeks. Our 2nd pregnancy was Also twins (both alive at 6 wk ultrasound, one alive at 8 wk ultrasound). Needless to say, I was an anxious mess

DH and I went thru years of fertility to get pregnant, and lost twins (our first pregnancy) at 18 weeks. Our 2nd pregnancy was Also twins (both alive at 6 wk ultrasound, one alive at 8 wk ultrasound). Needless to say, I was an anxious mess

Sorry...hit submit on accident... Anyway, I used a doppler several times a day thru the entire pregnancy!

But less happy news - Neil's mum phoned to say if I wanted to have a more settled and happy Christmas after all the loss I've had so far this year, maybe I should go to France instead of going with Neil to visit them, because Neil's dad has taken a turn for the worse and they are not even sure he will live till Christmas day :( He stopped allowing them to put feeds in his feed tube (direct to his stomach, since he lost the ability to swallow a year or so ago due to strokes). After a while and various hospital visits they discovered he has a stomach ulcer which is bleeding. He is on medication to prevent further strokes, but that is causing his stomach ulcer, and continuing with this medication could be fatal with his stomach ulcer. So they took him off the meds and he promptly had another stroke last week, and has permanently lost the vision in one eye. This is awful because his only method of communicating is now with his eyes, and if he can't see people it makes that impossible. I can't imagine how awful it must be for him. So they've put him back on the meds but obviously that is bad for the ulcer. And he hasn't been on any meds for his leukaemia for 2 years, which is sooooo bad. But maybe the drugs were all incompatible or something? Either that or he's had pathetic medical care.

So we have been talking a lot about what to do and so on, so I guess that has been a huge distraction from Percy and even from Cameron a lot of the time. My head is reeling from how much loss there is in our family at the moment, just bam bam bam, one after the other, closer and closer together. You hardly have time to recover from the last wham before another hits. I don't understand it and I can barely stand anymore, but I trust God.

Neil thinks I should go to France, because his dad is likely to die while we are staying with them over Christmas, and Neil thinks that will be too much for me with all I've been through so far this year, especially the last few months. But I feel like I WANT to be there with Neil. He will need my support. He says he can get support from his family as he supports them too, and I shouldn't worry. But I can't help but feel it's not right to seperate when something so huge is happening. We're husband and wife. That makes us a team, a single unit. Even when life is peachy that's how it should be, but infinitely more so when life gets hard. We should always be there for each other. I want to be there for Neil. He WILL need me, if his dad dies. He will probably need me even if he doesn't, because he's going to be gravely ill no matter what happens.

...sheepdip.diaryland.com/preChrupdt.html

Check this one out. Her cat died. Apparently, that is on par with her father in law on a feeding tube, suffering strokes and preparing to die. I am not discounting how she feels about her pets; what I am discounting is how every single thing is a tragedy and all that matters is that her tragedy is worse and that all that matters is how something affects her. This whole rant ends with how guilty she feels about this and the other and not being adequate enough to help Neil grieve, but again, ALL ABOUT HER!

Is it just me who's getting the vibe his family just do not want her around in this time of grief and are trying to get rid of her gently?

Is it just me who's getting the vibe his family just do not want her around in this time of grief and are trying to get rid of her gently?

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking.

• Upvote 1

Welcome BlackHawkDown! I'm very sorry to hear about your losses. I hope the twin that made it to 8 weeks made it much further than that.

There's a lot of cray-cray going on with Alice. Can being obsessed with getting pregnant and being pregnant be a diagnosable medical condition?

I think he needs to get snipped and not tell her.

Or sign up for a Vasalgel trial... if it ever gets off the ground. Be a lot easier to hide. http://www.parsemusfoundation.org/vasalgel-home/ (company site)

Edited because I finished the thread finally

She has her own doppler at home. Why am I not surprised? :shock: I have never known a pregnant woman to have her own doppler at home. Anyone else?

Some women rent them. Usually if they're worried after a loss. I understand the temptation, I used one as soon as possible after having had multiple early miscarriages between my 2nd & 3rd. I then waited until I could use a fetscope & used that when I was feeling nervous. There's too much evidence building up that ultrasound/doppler/efm aren't as safe as we've been led to believe. My 2nd child has speech & hearing issues, both co-related with ultrasound.

Wow, at 12 weeks you cant even tell, its not worth trying. Surely someone who has 6 kids would know that and wait til about 20 weeks.

Also how can someone feel a 10 week fetus move? Its only a few inches long.

Some very sensitive women with a very active baby can. I felt my 2nd at 12 weeks. My husband could feel him by 15 weeks. He's nearly 8 now and still hasn't calmed down. :lol:

I seriously can't imagine a 2 bedroom house with SIX boys. I have a 3 bedroom with 4 boys and feel like we need more space. Our new neighbours have 6, 3 boys, 3 girls, and I thought they were nuts not getting at least a 4 bed place.

• 1 month later...

Ah, I went to check up on this delightful bag of crazy. Love how she seemed surprised taking 6 children under 10 to a doctor's appointment turned out to be hard work and "really really REALLY embarrassing, as nobody seemed to have anything better to do than watch this "crazy" mother of "too many children" completely fail to control them or get them to obey her." Oh noes. Apparently the midwife was all wrong too. :?

Now she might have her first girl and this time she is 100% neutral about what it might be, whereas "Usually we've had a nub shot at the 12 week scan that definitely indicates a boy, or else God has told me in advance that it will be a boy." :cray-cray: just casually drop the madness in.

I've dug through the archives to try and find why CPS were involved with her, but I can't find it.

thought I'd revive the thread rather than start a new one as it wasn't too long already.

I'm happy for her - she had desperately wanted a girl. I do worry about her marriage though. Her husband does not seem nearly as enthusiastic about all those children. Maybe she just doesn't write about his involvement or he is just a reserved person but he seems distanced from the whole thing. Maybe I am just reading too much into things.

I like Lydia Jane, what a beautiful name :)

Im glad shes got the girl she wants now, I just hope that she doesnt show favouritism towards the girl and make her brothers jealous.

She's the real life Molly Weasley...sorry, couldn't resist. Wish her luck though with seven children.

I wonder how boys maybe 3-6 feel if she does show favoritism or seem overexcited. First kid or two usually gender isn't super preferred...but by the 3rd of the se gender you gotta wonder if they keep going just how bad they want the opposite gender. Know a family in real life, the woman finally got her tubes tied after 4 daughters, her husband would have kept her trying for that boy for god knows

how long :-/

I like Lydia Jane, what a beautiful name :)

Im glad shes got the girl she wants now, I just hope that she doesnt show favouritism towards the girl and make her brothers jealous.

My MIL wanted a girl but had 2 boys first. The favoritism all growing up caused a lot of pain to my husband and BIL. And now she has the same favoritism with the grandchildren, very obviously prefers the girls It kinda makes me stabby.

I know a woman (non-religious) who is pregnant with #5. First four are boys. Husband isn't thrilled - he wanted to stop at 3 but I seriously think she would have kept going as long as she could until she got that girl. She's already totally and utterly overwhelmed so no clue how she is going to deal with this.

The interminable blog post style looks familiar but I didn't go past the first page. Is she the one who goes through pregnancy test kits by the gross on a daily basis (and photographs every one) and walks around with a thermometer permanently stuck in her mouth, lest she miss "The Moment?" If so, yeah, she's a fruitcake.

The interminable blog post style looks familiar but I didn't go past the first page. Is she the one who goes through pregnancy test kits by the gross on a daily basis (and photographs every one) and walks around with a thermometer permanently stuck in her mouth, lest she miss "The Moment?" If so, yeah, she's a fruitcake.

:lol:

Yes and her doula is her G O D.

Is she the "parsnips" woman? Not sure I understand the analogy between making love with your husband, and a root vegetable.....ha, maybe that's it - the root part. :lol:

Yeah, she is super crazy but sorta lovable in a way. Yes she is parsnips/pregnancy test/thermometer lady.

Looks like baby number 7 is a girl! (Maybe she'll quit now? Then again, maybe not. The uitrasound tech said she would need another one so this girl had a friend. Sigh.)

7 kids under 9 and she thinks atleast one is on the Autism Spectrum. The mind boggles. :roll: