IGNORED

Alice Pregnancy Addict (alicesbaby)

So Many Lies

Not everyone is as obsessed with pregnancy/birth/wombs/gore as she is.

If I'd grown up in that household I'd be turned off pregnancy for life.

You mean no one?

And no update in over a week seems like a bad sign.

You mean no one?

And no update in over a week seems like a bad sign.

No update from Alice since July 13th and it's now the 25th here (but we're a few hours ahead). Still 10-12 days with nothing from Alice doesn't seem good, although her last post did mention some flu, bug kind of thing, so maybe she's just under the weather.

Don't worry I'm sure we'll hear all about the gender scan that's coming upup. She's probably just calmed down a lot since it's probably a girl.

I find foreign fundies to be a refreshing change. Sometimes it bums me out that all the lunatics appear to be in my country :) This one is...really something though. I can honestly say I never thought I'd learn so much about another woman's vagina.

I wish more people were aware of the rampant fundiedom in North America and worldwide. It really upsets me when we're constantly inundated on the news with information about "terrorists" and their radical extremism, and no one hears nearly as much about the extremist Christians breeding their army for God.

• 2 weeks later...

Sam (29) and Nia (26), recently famous for a creepy and ultra-contrived viral Youtube video titled "Husband Surprises Wife With Pregnancy Announcement", announced that the pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. Nia's period was 2 weeks late. The video announcing their loss is titled "Our Baby Had a Heartbeat".

I feel bad for their 2 children, who seemed excited by the news of a new sibling.

So. Totally fake? Clickbait? Done to promote their (anti-gay*, anti-abortion) agenda? Or real, shamelessly spun, and yet another example of way-premature pregnancy announcements?

*ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/96679075.html

I thought this guy was so obnoxious in that preggo video and when I heard they had a miscarriage I thought the whole thing was probably a hoax. I haven't watched the miscarriage video, which my friend says is very emotional. So, I dunno, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

He's also apparently quit his job (nursing), so it wouldn't surprise me if this is grease for a new life of full-time Youtube grifting. Who has their whole damn family over at their house for an early miscarriage? I'm not saying it's not painful, but...

Probably a total hoax, in which case I have no sympathy whatsoever.

BUT... For argument's sake, let's say she really was pregnant. Guess what? I still have no sympathy whatsoever. Stop putting your private shit all over the interwebz! Just because you are legally married, that does NOT make it okay to "share" your stale piss in a toilet bowl and attempt to become celebrities over a pee stick reveal.

Christian modesty strikes again!

I'm on my phone and can't link to gawker (or was it Jezebel?), but thy mentioned this exact issue -- what about a miscarriage? And it does seem very odd that he'd have a toilet full of pee to test... Weird all around.

I don't believe she was ever pregnant, I don't believe that there was a toilet full of pee just waiting for him to dip a pregnancy test in, I don't believe the diluted urine in toilet water would even trigger a positive pregnancy test and certainly not at such an early stage, and I don't believe for one minute that this "miscarriage" was anything more than a convenient way to get around a pregnancy that never existed.

I don't believe I just wasted three minutes on these people, typing this post up.

My condolences to the couple if I'm wrong, but on the other hand they shouldn't be posting such personal stuff for the world to see in the first place, even in the extremely unlikely event that it were all true.

I don't believe she was ever pregnant, I don't believe that there was a toilet full of pee just waiting for him to dip a pregnancy test in, I don't believe the diluted urine in toilet water would even trigger a positive pregnancy test and certainly not at such an early stage, and I don't believe for one minute that this "miscarriage" was anything more than a convenient way to get around a pregnancy that never existed.

I don't believe I just wasted three minutes on these people, typing this post up.

My condolences to the couple if I'm wrong, but on the other hand they shouldn't be posting such personal stuff for the world to see in the first place, even in the extremely unlikely event that it were all true.

:lol:

Love it.

If it's true, I do feel bad for this couple because miscarriages can be hard, even for fame-whores. I feel worse for the kids, though, because I think children can have a hard time understanding what a miscarriage is, and it must be hard for them to know they have a sibling coming and then, suddenly... they don't.

If this is fake they are hateful, horrible people. Miscarriages are so traumatic for many that's it's really vile to use for your own gain.

I've personally seen people struggling with fertility issues absolutely gutted by an early miscarriage. I had one myself (about 2 weeks late) and I was sad because I was excited but the last thing I'd have wanted to be surrounded by people. But everyone does grieve differently and I learned a long time ago not to judge people for having different emotional needs than I do. That said it's hard not to give the side-eye to involving youtube viewers.

I later had a late miscarriage at 20 weeks. I was already starting to show and I was absolutely grief stricken. They asked me if I wanted their remains for a burial (Catholic cemeteries have sections for miscarriages - at least ours does.) I opted not to because I would have found no comfort in that. I signed the waiver to donate for medical research instead.

When Michelle lost Jubilee I avoided any discussion of that even though mine was a long time ago. The similarities in the time of loss was too close for me and I do recall reading some debate about whether it was a baby yet due to the 19-20 week cut off in some comment section and I checked out. I am the worlds biggest pendant and I usually love me a good argument about proper word usage but I'll admit that for me even if I knew it was wrong it wouldn't matter, I just knew it hurt. I would have completely lost it if I had to go through the service and the whole memorial thing they did for Jubilee. I could not have handled that, but I am a private griever. My closest family were under strict orders to not bring it up unless I did first - so if Michelle got some comfort out of the public event then I'm not judging. Using a miscarriage to make any kind of political statement I will always judge, so if that was done I'm not giving that a pass.

But yes, if these people are hoaxing this and making a mockery out of a situation that's very painful for many than I hope they are found out because that's despicable.

And how can you test pee in a toilet - it's diluted. Unless things have changed since I last peed on a stick you need to pee on stick or in a clean container as it needs concentrated urine.

If this was a hoax, then telling their children about a pregnancy that didn't exist = emotional abuse.

Those kids in the video are too young to understand that their parents are acting for the camera and definitely believed in a future sibling.

Also is it just me, but am I the only person who thinks announcing a pregnancy to children before any check ups/blood conformation is a bad idea?

I call shenanigans on these two. It's just seems too odd that they start to get neg press then "oops! Miscarriage!"

Interesting thought.

I think this might be fundie related, actually. They're conservative Christians and something about it feels very pro-life-y. ("Our baby had a heartbeat.") Miscarriage is sad and I do feel bad for them (if this is all true), but this does really feel like a stunt.

Like others have been noting, if he hadn't done the test and made a public spectacle of all this, she might have never even known and this would just be a late period to her.

I think this might be fundie related, actually. They're conservative Christians and something about it feels very pro-life-y. ("Our baby had a heartbeat.") Miscarriage is sad and I do feel bad for them (if this is all true), but this does really feel like a stunt.

Like others have been noting, if he hadn't done the test and made a public spectacle of all this, she might have never even known and this would just be a late period to her.

I was really put off by her comments about how she now knows how to grieve and mourn with other mothers. This is a quote pulled from Gawker: "Nia then tells the world she is ready to be a voice for other women experiencing similar situations: 'I just wanna say, too, that maybe there’s someone out there who is going through this with us. You know, the bible says to weep with those who weep and mourn with those who mourn, and I am mourning with those of you who are feeling this.'"

That's really weird to me and sounds rather fake and attention-whorish. Miscarriages are sad, and I don't think people should hide their experiences -- but I also don't think everyone's everything (including a toilet full of stale pee) needs to be shared online.

I just saw part of the loss video and came here to post about it. I can't get through the video, and restarted it once just to see if they really were going all god-preachy about it. That crap about "we're so grateful to be used by god" rings hollow since who is happy when sad like that? It sounds like an attempt at either mitigating their own grief, or like they're just jumping o the chance to be the next TLC family who, *voiceover*: Even in their time of deep, personal grief, gave glory to god! What will happen on the pilot episode of Godwhores For Jesus?

Exactly, if he hadn't told her about the test, it might have been a late period to her if she didn't think she was pregnant. I call bullshit as well since from what I know about those pee sticks is that they need to be peed on, or someone to pee into a cup because the toilet water would dilute it too much for a positive test.

I still like what Jon Stewart said about bullshit, "If you smell something, say something."

Glad I'm not the only person whose BS sensors were triggered by this whole thing. Especially with all the recent attacks on Planned Parenthood. Also, side note, am I the only one who'd be pissed (pun intended) if my husband were to secretly test my urine and try to tell me I'm pregnant on camera? :ew:

I really hope this stunt isn't a hoax. If they did suffer a miscarriage, it's very unfortunate and I wish them the best. Still, I worry about people who feel the desire to post life's most intimate moments online immediately after they happen for imaginary internet points and/or $$$. Social media is great for a lot of things, but I wish people would take a little while to process things sometimes before sharing them with the world.

Did you see how they have been working on building up a following? Before posting the surprise!pregnancy video, they posted:

Hey guys! We have an exciting vlog coming out today that will be posted early! For anyone who shares the link here on FB, anytime after it goes live, will be entered in a drawing for a Skype call with us! LOVE YOU GUYS!

And the video was that pregnancy video. So this wasn't a naturally viral video. They pushed for it. They hyped that up, then quickly posted the miscarriage video and are already scheduled for talk shows.

I'm calling it. This is a publicity hoax.

The bolded was my first thought about this situation too. Is there a newly pregnant FJer in the house who could be persuaded to test this? Video evidence of a pee-filled toilet is not required.

Did you see how they have been working on building up a following? Before posting the surprise!pregnancy video, they posted:

And the video was that pregnancy video. So this wasn't a naturally viral video. They pushed for it. They hyped that up, then quickly posted the miscarriage video and are already scheduled for talk shows.

I'm calling it. This is a publicity hoax.

Oh yeah, they definitely meant for this to go viral and launch their fame. He even quit his job as a nurse right after the video went viral.