IGNORED

Alice Pregnancy Addict (alicesbaby)

So Many Lies

I have 4, all boys, and all I can say is young boys are really overwhelming. I know 2 women with 6 kids, 3 of each for both of them, who say things to me like "you have your hands full". All I can think is that they have SIX kids each and they think 4 boys is harder than 3 boys & 3 girls. I can't even imagine 6 boys in a much smaller age range than mine. It's the biggest thing putting me off 1 last try for a girl (& it would be just one, I'm nearly 40, MrBlue is over 40 & nearly died 3 yrs ago; my dad died at 50; very aware of mortality here).

Someone mentioned how the kids feel, knowing you want another gender. I don't know about Alice's kids, but mine know I love them, but would also like a daughter. They're not only fine with it, the older 2 would very much like a little sister and try to convince me give them one.

• 1 month later...

Alice has finally updated again! She's at 31 one weeks. It's one of her usual lengthy rambles, but two things stood out to me:

1. Those two belly pictures: Elijah is what, a year and a half? Two? Look how little these boys have grown in that time (quite easy comparing at least the standing ones to Alice's height). It might just be me, but they look like they're grown an inch tops, which isn't all that much for children their age...

2. Her schooling "plans". Oh my. Those boys are well and truly screwed when it comes to education :(

Oh, this woman strikes me as a total headcase. It makes me so angry that she's unschooling her kids because she can't cope with homeschooling them. It's called primary school, dumbass. Make use of it and get those kids properly diagnosed if you haven't already.

I am by no means a leghumper, but at this point I have "known" Alice online for over 13 years. She has always been the way she comes across in her blogs - very sweet, and she has helped me through some rough times too. In turn, when she has gone thtough difficulties I have sent supportive messages and essential baby items etc. I met her on an online forum because we both had the same diagnosis of a chronic illness - she recovered; I was misduagnosed.

One thing I will say is she loves those kids, and always has. Not a day goes by on her Facebook without pictures and anecdotes. Yes, her ideas are certainly different at times, but her heart is in the right place.

I have one on the autistic spectrum too, although he is my only child, and he is RXHAUSTING! But I have considered homeschooling because his school aren't dealing with him properly yet (it's early days, so I'll gjve them some mire chances). Social Services can be very quick to intervene here and "6 kids, 2-3 on the spectrum, Mum pregnant again and overwhelmed at times" woukd trigger a check. I live in fear of it being a "disabled single mum who hss a child on the spectrjm and works full time" and getting a visit. Already my son's school have said they think his days are too long and I should cut my hours. I can't afford to do that, what if they report me? It happens and I kind of understsnd what prejudice she must face.

Anyway, if she does see this she'll know who I am. I was wondering if she'd ever get a mentikn on here. I'm excited for the birth of little Lydia. Whilst she can be controversial (I stopped reading for a while after she announced becoming quiverful) her kids are well fed, clean, dressed apptoptiately and loved. I suppose I am emotionally invested after all this time, and seeing the boys growing up, but this is one ladh I just can't snark on.

Alice is certainly not the worst mother we've snarked on, but I certainly find her snark worthy. Furthermore, I think it is irresponsible for HER to diagnose her children as being "on the spectrum"; I'm not saying some or all of them are *not* autistic, I just don't think she should be diagnosing them any more than a mother should just decide a child is diabetic or asthmatic by watching his/her behaviors. Note it and bring it up to their pediatrician, yes. State is as fact, no.

I've other issues with her, but that one is a biggie.

I do hope all is well with this girl child; although I am not glad Alice is bringing another child into the world (specifically, into her world), I'm glad Alice is having a much-wanted girl. I do think she will get much joy from the experience.

Oh, this woman strikes me as a total headcase. It makes me so angry that she's unschooling her kids because she can't cope with homeschooling them. It's called primary school, dumbass. Make use of it and get those kids properly diagnosed if you haven't already.

So much of this!!

She confirms the eldest child has bern diagnosed through the NHS in this entry: arthursmummy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/week-in-review-first-try.html One of the others is currently being investigated. Spectrum disorders can be genetic so it's easy to look for traits in the other children.

I didn't "diagnose' my son, but I knew that something 'wasn't right' with him for a few years. I had strong suspicions that turned out to be correct. I realise I have a greater level of access to the saga, but I do believe the children are getting proper medical intervention. There's no 'praying it away' going on.

Christ, I do sound like a leghumper now. I do accept a lot of people disagree with her way of living. Hell, I'm a heathen athiest single mum of one child. We're almost total opposites. BUT I also know her as the compassionate and kind person who helped me through hard times as a very unwell teenager. No, I don't agree with it all, but I'll live and let live in this case.

You know, I don't actually doubt she loves them. BUT her obsession with being pregnant (seriously. Who tests every. damn. day.) and her admitted failure to keep up with schooling raise my hackles.

It's fine not to be able to cope with home schooling. it is *not* fine to then go "oh well, I'm unschooling!" when there are other options available for your children, options that would ensure they actually get an education. She could send some of them to school and spend more time and energy on those on the spectrum with home schooling, for example.

She isn't doing the boys she loves any favours at all.

When you have a child on the spectrum it's extremely easy to pick it out in other children. Ive picked it out in kids at the park and then seen an autism magnet on the parents car or a puzzle piece tattoo on dads leg on several occasions.

When you have a child on the spectrum it's extremely easy to pick it out in other children. Ive picked it out in kids at the park and then seen an autism magnet on the parents car or a puzzle piece tattoo on dads leg on several occasions.

Yeah, I worked in a behavioral lab with children who had been diagnosed with ASD. I spent a LOT of time analyzing footage of their language and behavior and now I can pick out others without much trouble while out and about.

Yeah, I worked in a behavioral lab with children who had been diagnosed with ASD. I spent a LOT of time analyzing footage of their language and behavior and now I can pick out others without much trouble while out and about.

Yup my good friend is a special needs teacher and use to nanny a boy with autism, she is always diagnosing kids.

Unschooling isn't doing nothing. Or at least it shouldn't be. I have no idea if that is what Alice means by unschooling or not, but I am not comfortable making that assumption. I can see how someone might read that and think she is saying she's doing nothing with her kids because of fatigue, but that isn't what I gleaned from it.

Also, I don't think taking a couple/few months off from learning is going to harm any child for life if that is what she erroneously called unschooling. Schooled kids have summer vacations and they do just fine.

I also find her obsession with pregnancy really alarming, and it's doubly alarming how her kids seem to be taking after her.

Yup my good friend is a special needs teacher and use to nanny a boy with autism, she is always diagnosing kids.

Sure, there are lots of medical conditions people can informally "diagnose" with observation, but it does not excuse a mother from getting actual medical diagnoses and then taking steps to get the best care possible (or create the best environment possible.)

Unschooling isn't doing nothing. Or at least it shouldn't be. I have no idea if that is what Alice means by unschooling or not, but I am not comfortable making that assumption. I can see how someone might read that and think she is saying she's doing nothing with her kids because of fatigue, but that isn't what I gleaned from it.

Also, I don't think taking a couple/few months off from learning is going to harm any child for life if that is what she erroneously called unschooling. Schooled kids have summer vacations and they do just fine.

I also find her obsession with pregnancy really alarming, and it's doubly alarming how her kids seem to be taking after her.

People claim that unschooling isn't doing "nothing", so if Alice is too tired and overwhelmed to do anything, then I am going to read that as too tired to teach/engage with these children in their areas of interest.

FWIW, it sounds like she's in a better place in her pregnancy and will be teaching them again soon (only to take another break in a few months.) March 5 was the first time she mentions being remiss in her schooling (with this pregnancy), although they did occasionally have a lesson back then and she is just now planning to start again. That's a lot of months off, when you have a perfectly good primary school that might be able to help her children.

• 1 year later...

So it looks like my favorite long winded British bulk pregnancy test buyer, Alice from Alice's Baby is pregnant again. She had her girl after 6 boys last year, and has been "pregnant" every cycle since she got her cycles back a month or so ago. I will say for her that, while baby obsessed, completely neglecting her kids education, and clearly favoring her daughter, she does seem to love her children, and as far as I can tell, does not beat them. She actually seems like a sweet (if batshit crazy) woman, and I do wish her the best.

I think hitting menopause will be the death of this woman. Obsessed doesn't even begin to cover how nutso she is about pregnancy.

Awwww, my very first fundie!

She got really angry a week or so ago when her readers asked to hear more about the children she already has. She made a pile of excuses about how busy she is... but not too busy to go into excruciating detail about her "pregnancy", complete with a thousand tests. (Ewwwww).

I believe that the gap between Lydia and this new baby will be her longest ever - and she had the blog silence to go along with it. I really, really hope she gets it together when it comes to her children... I get the feeling that charting her cycles is the only thing that really brings her pleasure. Once the baby arrives, she starts panicking about how she's going to look after them all. Hence the unschooling and the lack of discipline.

I posted in the baby thread about her positive tests. She's my favorite flavor of crazy (probably because she doesn't beat or blanket train.)

My favorite example is her insisting that one of her sons had a twin because of a whorl or cowlick or something. She just brought it up again, because she has had a lot of bleeding this pregnancy and her doctor said that sometimes happens with twins (just like her "other" twin pregnancy, don't you know!) Imaginary kid is named Toby, and she can wax poetic for hundreds of words about "reusing" the name.

Her older kids seem neglected, especially in terms of schooling (it's one thing to unschool, it's another to unschool because you're too overwhelmed to homeschool. That's not a thought-out ideology, complete with making resources available for the children to learn about their own interests at their own pace, that's just neglect.) And I do wish her fertility would cease. But as long as she obsessing, I'm looking for daily updates.

WOW!! I can't make it through that blog. Essays on each day with an updated pee stick?!? A comparison on the 6 increasingly positive sticks?! She doesn't have time to update on her kids but can discuss her temp fluctuations and the varying colors of her bloody vaginal discharge like she was waxing rhapsodically about a sunset?! I'm out! :pink-shock:

I. have. never. seen. anything. like. that. before. Uh wow.

I am speechless about her pictures and blog. Wow. I feel so sorry she has to fulfill herself with obsessing about the excitement of positive pregnancy tests.

wow, I just don't have the attention span for her blog. Plus, ewww pee sticks

I think hitting menopause will be the death of this woman. Obsessed doesn't even begin to cover how nutso she is about pregnancy.

Agree!! It will be the death of her.

I give passes to people who've gone through the hell of infertility who post lots of tests like that. She's on #7. Time to get over it. She knows she's fertile. No need to act like she's surprised and can't believe it.