IGNORED

Sierra Jo Dominguez (Jill and Jessa’s wedding planner)

JillyO

Yes- it does seem silly to unload baby clothes if you are planning on having more babies. But Sierra probably knows from Duggar friends that she can always grift new clothes, etc.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fertility varies from person to person. Duggar level fertility is reasonably uncommon, most will not be that fertile naturally. And we know the Bates sought fertility treatment. Also there are many outside issues affecting fertility, such as weight, PCOS, smoking etc.

According to Mark (Sierra's husband's) facebook page he works for Sam's Furniture and they live in Springdale, AR. His profile picture is of a baby and someone commented on how adorable she is.

Fertility varies from person to person. Duggar level fertility is reasonably uncommon, most will not be that fertile naturally. And we know the Bates sought fertility treatment. Also there are many outside issues affecting fertility, such as weight, PCOS, smoking etc.

As of now, her fertility seems just fine based on the past few years.

I think it's quite strange to get rid of baby clothes when you plan to have more kids. But maybe she just likes new things so she plans on buying stuff later on.

her fertility is just fine? that could be the understatement of the year.

from her instagram it looks like she has 5 children (first 4 boys, then one girl) and she is only 25. at that rate she could beat kelly and michelle who had their last child in their mid 40s. throw a couple of twins in there and sierra could end up with 25 children. just saying...

I think she's due in October (could be November, through, I'm not 100% sure). She also just turned 26. :fsm: save us all.

ETA: FWIW, this one will be number 5. Three boys, one girl so far.

I think she's due in October (could be November, through, I'm not 100% sure). She also just turned 26. :fsm: save us all.

I was going through her instagram just now and she posted how she took all the kids out to get pizza and someone apparently came up to her asking her when she's going to stop having babies, she said "when they stop being God's greatest blessing"

Does that mean she's quiverfull or.....

I was going through her instagram just now and she posted how she took all the kids out to get pizza and someone apparently came up to her asking her when she's going to stop having babies, she said "when they stop being God's greatest blessing"

I'm 31 and just had my 4th baby (they're all spaced almost exactly 3 years apart and we practice NFP for non-religious reasons). I am NOT quiverfull and I am not sure if we're "done" having kids. I am leaning that way, but do not plan to surgically limit my options at this point or ever. So...as a non-quiverfull mom of more kids than the current cultural norm, I get so annoyed when random strangers approach me with questions about my reproductive choices. Really there's no good answer because the real answer is "None of your damn business." My new standard response to the "are you done now?" question is going to be "I plan on having one additional kid for every person who asks me if we're done." :nenner:

Childfree women don't like being asked when they'll have kids, women with kids don't want to be asked when we're having more, or when we'll stop having more. If you have none, the question is always "when will you have one?" when you have one, the question is always "So when are you having another one?" and once you've had two, it's almost always "You're done now, right?" Unless you have two kids of the same gender, that buys you an extra kid before people start in with the "you're done" because obviously your broken until you get one of each. Just another way society treats women like property...everyone's entitled to an opinion on what I should do with my uterus and the fruits that may or may not spring forth from said organ.

And I will step away from the keyboard and stop ranting now.

I'm 31 and just had my 4th baby (they're all spaced almost exactly 3 years apart and we practice NFP for non-religious reasons). I am NOT quiverfull and I am not sure if we're "done" having kids. I am leaning that way, but do not plan to surgically limit my options at this point or ever. So...as a non-quiverfull mom of more kids than the current cultural norm, I get so annoyed when random strangers approach me with questions about my reproductive choices. Really there's no good answer because the real answer is "None of your damn business." My new standard response to the "are you done now?" question is going to be "I plan on having one additional kid for every person who asks me if we're done." :nenner:

Childfree women don't like being asked when they'll have kids, women with kids don't want to be asked when we're having more, or when we'll stop having more. If you have none, the question is always "when will you have one?" when you have one, the question is always "So when are you having another one?" and once you've had two, it's almost always "You're done now, right?" Unless you have two kids of the same gender, that buys you an extra kid before people start in with the "you're done" because obviously your broken until you get one of each. Just another way society treats women like property...everyone's entitled to an opinion on what I should do with my uterus and the fruits that may or may not spring forth from said organ.

And I will step away from the keyboard and stop ranting now.

As a stranger on the internet, I honestly don't care but I am curious: What are the non-religious reasons to use NFP? I'm getting into my childbearing years and want as much info as I can get about all possible scenarios/things to think about.

I don't know the previous posters reasons....

But a lot of women use NFP when they don't like other forms of birth control or if they have bad reactions to certain types.

I think the griften' has dried up and she just needs money. She can always ask for clothing donations but that won't buy a gallon of milk, right now. Shows over, nobody needs any flamingos painted, how's a girl to make a buck?

Edited for riffles. My first post and I screwed up. Dammit man!

But a lot of women use NFP when they don't like other forms of birth control or if they have bad reactions to certain types.

It was more of the surgery comment, but I see the reasons there too.

I agree 100% with what Escapefromfundiedom wrote.

But yeah, she doesn't call it quiverfull (neither do the Duggars, IIRC), but they plan on having "as many children as God will give them." If she continues at her current pace (a kid about every 15 months), I shudder to think how many more she'll have. She could give Michelle a run for her money. Doubly so if she eventually has a set of twins or two.

I'd like to use NFP for non-religious reasons but I'm too concerned I'd mess up and end up with 4+ kids. We only want to have 2-3 children. I wonder if she chose to have 4 children or if by usisng NFP, she ended up with that many. I am curious because most people that I know that use NFP have about 8 children so I'm not sure it works very well. Also, the main reason Sierra is asked that question is because similar to Michelle, she gets pregnant every single year, not 3 year spaces between kids.

I'd like to use NFP for non-religious reasons but I'm too concerned I'd mess up and end up with 4+ kids. We only want to have 2-3 children. I wonder if she chose to have 4 children or if by usisng NFP, she ended up with that many. I am curious because most people that I know that use NFP have about 8 children so I'm not sure it works very well. Also, the main reason Sierra is asked that question is because similar to Michelle, she gets pregnant every single year, not 3 year spaces between kids.

I bet NFP works quite well for women with a regular cycle. (If you always ovulate on cycle day 14, you just have to avoid a couple days before, day of, and maybe a couple after to play it safe.) But if you have an irregular one, I think it would be fairly impossible. I mean, you can get pregnant from sex you had a day or two BEFORE you ovulate. And if you ovulate anywhere from cycle day 13 to cycle day 45....it would be really hard to avoid sex in the days before/during ovulation if you aren't sure when it's going to occur.

One of these two is Sierra's mother according to her public FB page. And her mother's public page.

I feel like it's the woman on the left. Something with her mouth/teeth reminds me of Sierra.

I bet NFP works quite well for women with a regular cycle. (If you always ovulate on cycle day 14, you just have to avoid a couple days before, day of, and maybe a couple after to play it safe.) But if you have an irregular one, I think it would be fairly impossible. I mean, you can get pregnant from sex you had a day or two BEFORE you ovulate. And if you ovulate anywhere from cycle day 13 to cycle day 45....it would be really hard to avoid sex in the days before/during ovulation if you aren't sure when it's going to occur.

As someone with opposite-Duggar fertility, I've had the joys of reading and learning way too much about this...You can get pregnant up to 5 days before you ovulate, plus the day you ovulate. That's a 6-day window, assuming the healthiest sperm, and most favorable uterine/vaginal environment (also known as a Duggar-sonian reproductive tract). If you practice NFP, and cycle every 28 days, that's 6 days you can't have sex, plus the 5-7 or so you might not want to because of your period. Since that's almost half of every month you have to avoid sex in order stay in the "safe" zone, yeah, most consenting, loving adults in a relationship aren't 100% perfect with NFP.

And to your comment, Clara, with PCOS and a cycle that has ranged anywhere from 35-180 (yes, 180) days, there's almost no way for me to keep track of that 6-day window. You're able to tell when you're close to ovulation and after you've actually ovulated (temperature shift) generally, but not every woman produces the same tell-tale signs. Combine the first paragraph and the second one, this is why many that practice NFP still end up with 8 kids.

Kudos to "Escape" who's managed to make it work like it should :clap:

FWIW I never had a typical 28 day cycle with ovulation on day 14. Using nfp has required extra diligence when it comes to paying attention to other signs of ovulation and using backups (condoms) when there's doubt. It's not a method that will work for everyone. And it might work well for before and during childbearing years but not as a long term thing if you're certain you only want a specific number of kids. Don't want to thread jack any more on nfp but anyone looking for non-fundie info on nfp can read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler.

I have used NFP for the last 9 years (married 11 years). It has been an extremely effective form of birth control for us. We haven't had any

unplanned pregnancies. We've only tried to conceive once and we have only one child.

NFP can be just as effective as condoms or the pill IF you are disciplined and use it correctly. Plus, as another person said, it works best if you have regular cycles. If you aren't regular then it's probably not going to be the most effective choice of BC.

One benefit of doing it is that a woman will become more in tune with her cycles. This helps with avoiding pregnancy but is also helpful when trying to conceive. I actually got pregnant on my very first cycle when we decided to start trying. Part of that was pure luck. But I believe part of it was because I knew the exact time when I would be most likely to conceive. (Of course, there is no guarantee a woman can conceive during any given cycle...that's why I bring up the "luck" part.)

ETA: The type of NFP we use includes the use of back-up methods during the most fertile time periods.

• 3 weeks later...

Based on an Instagram post from a few weeks ago at 31w4days she's due around November 20. This will be girl #2 for her. That's not what I was doing at 26.

I'm so bitter. I always wanted two children and now I'll only have one due to medical reasons. Seeing all these weirdos popping out baby after baby.....ugh.

Yeah....just going to sit over here with my bitter bitch hat on.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived