IGNORED

Sierra Jo Dominguez (Jill and Jessa’s wedding planner)

JillyO

I think "drinking is a sin" didn't become a thing until the advent of mass-produced gin in the British Isles (and that phenomenon's American equivalent, corn whiskey). Alcohol distilled from grain is so much stronger than fermented hops or fruit that its availability caused a lot of social problems and led to the rise of temperance societies (see: the Gin Lane paintings, Carry Nation, et al).

(Why yes, as a matter of fact I *did* watch the Ken Burns Prohibition docuseries. Why do you ask?)

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess all of the Catholics I know are just liberal. I'm 99% sure most use birth control. I know of a few men who have had vasectomies. Many couples have lived together before marriage. Most are pro-gay marriage too.

Yeah, me too. My dad is one of nine kids and most of my aunts/uncles are every Sunday Catholics. Not one of them has more than four kids. I'm sure some of them slept together before marriage, but I haven't asked (ew). Of my cousins who are Catholic, nearly all lived together before marriage, women wear bikinis/short skirts, use birth control (I'm guessing, I mean, they're not popping out kids every year), watch regular TV and movies, and I'd say about half are pro-gay marriage.

Yeah, me too. My dad is one of nine kids and most of my aunts/uncles are every Sunday Catholics. Not one of them has more than four kids. I'm sure some of them slept together before marriage, but I haven't asked (ew). Of my cousins who are Catholic, nearly all lived together before marriage, women wear bikinis/short skirts, use birth control (I'm guessing, I mean, they're not popping out kids every year), watch regular TV and movies, and I'd say about half are pro-gay marriage.

Yeah where I'm from that's pretty much the Catholic stance as well but some of my family lives in a different part of the country and my aunt says that they still have many families who are very anti birth control, they all have 8-10 kids or whatever, it's just a whole different world.

Learn something every day--I never heard of Catholics that don't drink for ideological reasons. I trust they don't insist that the sacramental wine should be grape juice?

I've never heard of a Catholic who doesn't drink for ideological reasons (you learn something new everyday!), but as a Catholic myself, I can take a guess about communion. Since we believe in Transubstantiation, I wouldn't think the alcohol content of the wine would matter.

Now, there are times when priests use grape juice, but those are limited (I'm almost positive) to people who can't have alcohol for medical reasons. I have a friend whose mother is bedridden and can't have any alcohol whatsoever because of her health: when the priest comes to give her Confession and Communion, it's always grape juice. There are also gluten free communion wafers for those with Celiac disease (though I am curious as to how long those have been manufactured- I didn't hear about them until about two years ago).

Sierra put up a thing about free dogs at some adoption event. Do you think they make people fill out applications so they choose appropriate homes for the pets? Or do they just hand them out like candy and not give two shits about what happens after that??

My dad was one of 9. The amount of kids in order of their parent's birth 4, 3, 0, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 0. None had as big as their parents and none of the third, my generation, has had more than 3. I can't imagine that these super large families are going to be much different.

So we know the Duggar girls share clothes.  I wonder if Sierra is sharing them as well now, or whether there happened to be two tops the same in the thrift shop?  These girls certainly get more value out of their maternity clothes (or stretched to the max normal clothes) than most of us.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I would guess they both own it. There are THAT many affordable maternity options out there that aren't hideous.

I remember seeing one of my favorite maternity shirts on a woman at Jill's bridal shower.

If you look closely at the flowers, you can tell they're not the same shirt. 

Maybe it's the next "pink shirt" that all the fundie girls were rocking a few years ago!

The neckline on Sierra's is different. It's lower because i think she is bustier. I think they are probably two of the same style in different sizes

pickles posted a photo of Guinn, the birth mother and Sierra :D I think it's nice that Jessa is trying to emulate Sierra and Guinn - emotional wise - 

way better than her freaking mother 

Don't claim this as a victory, if Sierra keeps gettkng pregnant at this rate she will outnumber michelle. The girl is 25 and has 4 going on 5 children

pickles posted a photo of Guinn, the birth mother and Sierra :D I think it's nice that Jessa is trying to emulate Sierra and Guinn - emotional wise - 

way better than her freaking mother 

could you link this? I've gone through pickles page 100x and can't find what you're referencing :'( 

edit: ooooh you may mean the pedi photo Jessa posted the other day. That's probably it, right?

Don't claim this as a victory, if Sierra keeps gettkng pregnant at this rate she will outnumber michelle. The girl is 25 and has 4 going on 5 children

Holy god! That's a lot of children, she must be popping them out like a pez dispenser. 

Holy god! That's a lot of children, she must be popping them out like a pez dispenser. 

I agree.

I want to track down the birthdays of her kids just to see how far apart they all are.

I agree.

I want to track down the birthdays of her kids just to see how far apart they all are.

The first post of this thread says the oldest was born in 2010, and the youngest (so far) in 2014, though thus far I haven't seen exact dates. But clearly there can't be that much distance between them.

She was pregnant with a kid at Jill's wedding and she is pregnant now. Will there ever be a year between pregnancies? Not at this rate.

I can't even remember seeing Sierra not pregnant. Every now and then I see her again and think, "Wait, hasn't she had that kid by now?" but really she has, and she's pregnant with another one.

I'll try to track down the exact birthdays tomorrow. But yeah, the first one was born in 2010 and her fifth is being born in 2015, so... One about every 15 months or so seems about right. I can tell you that the girl was born in September 2014 and this one is due in November. Will try to find exact dates tomorrow for more accurate (and scary as hell) predictions. Will she trump Michelle and Kelly? Stay tuned!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived