IGNORED

Sierra Jo Dominguez (Jill and Jessa’s wedding planner)

JillyO

As a wedding planner myself, I understand why her hands were probably tied with that wedding. Look at Jessa's whole attitude about it, she was cheap and did not care about anyone's opinion about it--also did not care to do any of the work herself. As a family friend, she made the most of it. I didn't do my own brother in law's wedding, but I told him to order tents for shade and he was too freakin cheap to do it and wouldn't listen to me. It was 95 degrees and no shade, people said it was the worst wedding they ever went to-- I totally agree! When you're dealing with a bride and groom that are stubborn to a fault, your hands are tied.

I'm sure for her audience and the amount TLC was paying her to be on the show, it didn't matter, but with clients not your family members, if you saw their budget and what they wanted was going to be craptastic and your hands were tied, would you still take it on, considering that's your reputation out there?

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure for her audience and the amount TLC was paying her to be on the show, it didn't matter, but with clients not your family members, if you saw their budget and what they wanted was going to be craptastic and your hands were tied, would you still take it on, considering that's your reputation out there?

Maybe she has terrible taste and didn't didn't it craptastic. This wouldn't shock anyone.

I personally think anyone who can use three "Y'alls" in one sentence probably has questionable taste to begin with.

I was looking through Josh's 3,000 Instagram posts last night and saw this one from a few years ago. That's a much younger looking Sierra, isn't it? I guess I assumed Anna's friendship with her was contrived for the show (in regards to the jinder reveal party/Sierra sudden appearing all the time) but they were hanging out making asses out of themselves a few years ago too.

Sierra (and her chocolate-covered strawberries) used to be featured on Anna's Instagram ALL the time before she and Josh moved to D.C. Ever since Anna has had her IG account (January 2012), Sierra has been in tons of pictures.

No no. Anna is the crazy eyes queen. Never in my life have I seen anyone's eyes bulge out as big as Anna's does. Seriously. Crazy eyes queen title goes to her. I am shocked no one else has ever noticed it.

I have always thought Anna had crazy eyes. I recall Jill's engagement or another big announcement (maybe Jessa courting? I can't find the vid I am thinking of) and her eyes were so wild. She gets Michelle level crazy eyes when talking about babies for sure.

I think Sierra is an opportunist. While I am sure she has reacted to this scandal, I also bet there is part of her that is wondering if this leaves a slot open in the TLC line up for a perky Pinterest-obsessed event planner to the fundies.

Sadly the major fail that was Anna's gender reveal party may have ended her party planning career.

For a group of people who espouse living frugally, modestly and in a humble way, I find it ironic that they have so damned many parties.

I find it odd that Sierra, who was an avid Facebooker, has suddenly stopped posting to her Facebook. It seems as though before the scandal she posted several times a week and now... nothing. Her last post was May 23rd. I wonder why suddenly she stopped, I'm sure she is very aware that we are snarking on her and may even be following this thread... Hi Sierra! But instead of dropping off of the face of Facebook, don't you think she would just make her page private instead, so curiosity seekers wouldn't access anything about her?

I agee that she is a total opportunist, though I also have to say, JB must looooove her because he can surely appreciate her hustle.

I agee that she is a total opportunist, though I also have to say, JB must looooove her because he can surely appreciate her hustle.

Or not. I mean, she is ambitious...for a woman.

[emoji14]

I find it odd that Sierra, who was an avid Facebooker, has suddenly stopped posting to her Facebook. It seems as though before the scandal she posted several times a week and now... nothing. Her last post was May 23rd. I wonder why suddenly she stopped, I'm sure she is very aware that we are snarking on her and may even be following this thread... Hi Sierra! But instead of dropping off of the face of Facebook, don't you think she would just make her page private instead, so curiosity seekers wouldn't access anything about her?

That is odd. What are her posts normally about?

Baseless speculation alert: If she normally posts sneak-peaks to various fundie events she is planning, her sudden silence might mean (small chance) that TLC is evaluating her for a show (?). It wouldn't even be guaranteed "in-the-works," because there is a process, but what if the terms of the evaluation require her to keep quiet about everything--her events and the Josh scandal?

I truly dislike Sierra but I can see why TLC would want to pick her up. (And I have to admit, I would definitely hate-watch her show.)

Otherwise, from my perspective, someone like Sierra would probably be posting as normal in order to force her reputation back to normal.

Thoughts?

Or not. I mean, she is ambitious...for a woman.

[emoji14]

HA! :D Hadn't thought about that. You're right. He's not at all impressed with her "crass forwardness." He probably fels more like :violence-smack:

Oh oh oh, did I miss a scandal? What happened at the jender reveal party??

Naw, we're just figuring that Sierra is probably stomping angrily over her "missed opportunity" with the show going down the drain.

I have always thought Anna had crazy eyes. I recall Jill's engagement or another big announcement (maybe Jessa courting? I can't find the vid I am thinking of) and her eyes were so wild. She gets Michelle level crazy eyes when talking about babies for sure.

Priscilla has crazy eyes, too. As a matter of fact, I only remember all the women starting to get crazy eyes over the last couple of years. Like, maybe they were told to start looking crazy excited all the time. Michelle has got to be the worst when talking about pregnancies. I can distinctly remember the look on her face when she was talking to Ben's mom about them possibly becoming grandmothers together. Pretty insane, overexcited expression. Also, when she turned to Josie to tell her Jill was going to have a baby. I had never seen her eyes bug out quite that bad before.

I think Sierra is an opportunist. While I am sure she has reacted to this scandal, I also bet there is part of her that is wondering if this leaves a slot open in the TLC line up for a perky Pinterest-obsessed event planner to the fundies.

Sadly the major fail that was Anna's gender reveal party may have ended her party planning career.

For a group of people who espouse living frugally, modestly and in a humble way, I find it ironic that they have so damned many parties.

Yeah, complete with airplanes (Michael), tons of wasted crap (hundreds of stupid plastic flamingos), shit flying out of the ceiling, gazillions of guests....and that's just the gender reveals.

Flamingos for a Jender reveal party? REALLY?!

In AR... In Winter...with snow on the ground...half of which needed to be painted. PPP

Actually there is a post today, a shout out to "Carthage" peeps about available rental homes.

Speculate away...

Interesting. Carthage, MO is their home town. She says they're "praying about" (of course they are) a move.

About the flamingos, everyone said they were painted blue, but on screen, to me, they looked gray.

Stupidest idea, waste of money, time and clogging the the landfills. Yes, they can be used again, but who has room to store 200 flamingos, 1/2 of them dipped in paint?

Maybe she is posting some on fb but has changed visibility settings? My husband is kicking himself for cancelling his fb request to her when we first saw her on the show. They did debate together in Carthage, so she most likely would have accepted back then. Do we know what her husband does?

She could easily live in Carthage and still attend/plan all these events.

Maybe she is posting some on fb but has changed visibility settings? .

I'm not friends with her and saw that, so it must have been a public post.

About the flamingos, everyone said they were painted blue, but on screen, to me, they looked gray.

Stupidest idea, waste of money, time and clogging the the landfills. Yes, they can be used again, but who has room to store 200 flamingos, 1/2 of them dipped in paint?

JB Duggar

Only tangentially related, but I took my dog for a walk today. On our way up our hill we passed a house a few houses down that got flocked! The high school's project graduation did it. There were only 8-10 , it looked cute. There were a few very tiny ones, I want to snatch one (but I wont!), they're so adorable!

Interesting. Carthage, MO is their home town. She says they're "praying about" (of course they are) a move.

Don't get why the snark on her praying. Why wouldn't she? She's a Christian. Of course, she would pray; it's tenet to her faith. That said, do you think they're hinting at moving back home to Carthage? It's a dinky little town in the middle of nowhere (I know another "prominant" fundie family from there.)

Don't get why the snark on her praying. Why wouldn't she? She's a Christian. Of course, she would pray; it's tenet to her faith. That said, do you think they're hinting at moving back home to Carthage? It's a dinky little town in the middle of nowhere (I know another "prominant" fundie family from there.)

Unspoiled your comment, lol.

No need to get defensive about prayer; the tone in JillyO's post can easily be taken to mean that Sierra may be outwardly praying but will decide on the trip conscientiously, and only if it will directly benefit her--false prayer.

You know, because sometimes shallow people (the kind who milk their time on TV) make a big show about praying on something to hide the fact that they're really going to make up their mind based on ulterior motives instead.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived