IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Snark for Season 10

MatthewDuggar

I wonder if any of the kids (including over 18 kids) could get through a job interview without reference God/Jesus in any away.

I think it would be great for them to get a job like at Target or the Piggly Wiggly or the mall or IHOP - somewhere where they earn their own money and have to be somewhat politically correct in their conversations and tolerant of people not like them. That *might* open their eyes that all of us aren't what they have been brainwashed to believe about all of us --- that is if they actually shut up and just listened to normal folks around them.

If only! But I doubt it will ever happen if the adult kids are still living in the TTH. Technically, only JD has a job with the towing business. I doubt that Jim Bob would allow his sons to do a job he hasn't approved. And forget about the girls. Unmarried young ladies working! Horror! :oops:

In all seriousness though, any job outside of the Duggar clan is just too risky. I can't see Ma and Pa allowing them that much freedom. Because, like you said, they would need to interact with the public and with other co-workers. Maybe they would realize that some of the people they are working with may be single mothers, or hmmm maybe they are not Christians. Heaven forbid that any of the Duggar kids starts thinking on his own, especially the ones living at home.

I remember an episode where Jinger and Jessa volunteered in a local coffee shop. And Jinger looked very good at it. I could see her do that kind of thing. But you would need a chaperone for that. Can you imagine one of the unmarried duggarling, going to an interview and ask if one of his siblings might come look after him while he's working? How would the employer even react?

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If only! But I doubt it will ever happen if the adult kids are still living in the TTH. Technically, only JD has a job with the towing business. I doubt that Jim Bob would allow his sons to do a job he hasn't approved. And forget about the girls. Unmarried young ladies working! Horror! :oops:

In all seriousness though, any job outside of the Duggar clan is just too risky. I can't see Ma and Pa allowing them that much freedom. Because, like you said, they would need to interact with the public and with other co-workers. Maybe they would realize that some of the people they are working with may be single mothers, or hmmm maybe they are not Christians. Heaven forbid that any of the Duggar kids starts thinking on his own, especially the ones living at home.

I remember an episode where Jinger and Jessa volunteered in a local coffee shop. And Jinger looked very good at it. I could see her do that kind of thing. But you would need a chaperone for that. Can you imagine one of the unmarried duggarling, going to an interview and ask if one of his siblings might come look after him while he's working? How would the employer even react?

They have to be crafty. For example, forcing Jana to study to become a "doula" so Jill could live out her dream of studying midwifery. Notice once Jill dropped out, there has never been another word about Jana becoming a doula.

Or when JD, Jana and Jill were all volunteer first responders...one wanted it and needed a chaperone, so others were assigned that task.

Dear Duggars,

Please go to Nordstrom and get properly fitted for a bra.

Or just watch this video:

You're welcome,

Jerkit, who before having a breast reduction, was a 32H.

Amen to getting properly fitted for a bra.

Your fellow breast reduction sista,

Diva, former 40 DDD

They have to be crafty. For example, forcing Jana to study to become a "doula" so Jill could live out her dream of studying midwifery. Notice once Jill dropped out, there has never been another word about Jana becoming a doula.

Or when JD, Jana and Jill were all volunteer first responders...one wanted it and needed a chaperone, so others were assigned that task.

Actually, it was mentioned in the People article on Blessa that Jana would be part of Jill's team when she goes into labor with Baby Dilly - I think Jana being there will be a huge comfort to Jill since she seems to be a very calm person and she has had some training. It's possible that Jana decided she didn't want to pursue it anymore, but it's also possible that they just don't mention much about her either - Jana seems like a shy and private person (same with JD). With three kids married, one daughter pregnant, and a son expecting his fourth kid the show has more than enough material to keep it going for a bit without mentioning every single thing that the other kids are doing. Even if Boob wanted to pimp out all his kids' personal lives, TLC simply wouldn't have the air time to make it happen all at once. Plus, they have the power of being able to decide what to edit too.

Actually, it was mentioned in the People article on Blessa that Jana would be part of Jill's team when she goes into labor with Baby Dilly - I think Jana being there will be a huge comfort to Jill since she seems to be a very calm person and she has had some training. It's possible that Jana decided she didn't want to pursue it anymore, but it's also possible that they just don't mention much about her either - Jana seems like a shy and private person (same with JD). With three kids married, one daughter pregnant, and a son expecting his fourth kid the show has more than enough material to keep it going for a bit without mentioning every single thing that the other kids are doing. Even if Boob wanted to pimp out all his kids' personal lives, TLC simply wouldn't have the air time to make it happen all at once. Plus, they have the power of being able to decide what to edit too.

I am of the belief that Jana was not really interested in that particular role. However, Jana clearly has many other skills and interests- this was not a knock on Jana but rather on her parents for forcing roles that maybe some of the kids had no real interest in, all in the name of having a "partner" to ensure 100% accountability.

Is Blessa going to be the photographer? I think it's interesting that Jinger has been shown to be the family photographer, yet is not interested in the whole birth scene. Perhaps, Jana and Jinger are more alike when it comes to this issue.

I am of the belief that Jana was not really interested in that particular role. However, Jana clearly has many other skills and interests- this was not a knock on Jana but rather on her parents for forcing roles that maybe some of the kids had no real interest in, all in the name of having a "partner" to ensure 100% accountability.

Is Blessa going to be the photographer? I think it's interesting that Jinger has been shown to be the family photographer, yet is not interested in the whole birth scene. Perhaps, Jana and Jinger are more alike when it comes to this issue.

No clue. I just remember seeing that little part about Jana. I do think its good that they haven't forced Jinger to photograph the births (as far as we know). Its possible that they are very alike in that regard.

Episode 1

Jill (eating in kitchen) - Joy has taken over her bed. They kiss while eating (eeww). Derrick says that its great because they dont have to have chaperones because they're married. They eat and kiss more.

Did anyone else notice what Derrick says? Talking about the logistics, he says "Oh, how are we going to meet up here, BEFORE we meet up with our chaperones?" (Emphasis mine).

You can see it here:

I love this - totally agree 100% :worship: :worship: :worship:

the article nails it for me - they feel they are God's gift to the world right now :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

and I bought my copies you heard me :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

I will post my thoughts after Scandal :D

Ok confession time :D

Who bought it - come on share with me

share - you know you want to :D

:cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :worship: :worship: :worship:

That blue thing is what we in the US call a jumper. It's a dress like thing to be worn over a shirt - not a skirt. It looks to me like it's also a regular style, not maternity, which is why is pulls so nastily. You could get by wearing something like over leggings maybe if it fit properly.

So I read the entire article which was better than I thought - it gave me a great laugh during my lunch hour :D

Several points that stuck out

she talks about being lambasted by critics because of what she said about Hitler and the abortion movement -(yes they actually went there) She says and I think this is Jessa to a tee

....Hot button social media messages are mixed in with a blend of of Bible verses, smoothie recipes, and playful couple shots, ...Our faith is the core of our lives ...if that's what I believe it is a free country. I should be able to get on social media and say what I think. If you don't like it click unfollow."

and that is the crux of it - that is why she and Ben will forever post crosses, wolves, cutesy photos, all because they want you to know they don't give a FUC8. They are trying something new - they are them against the world and damn you all ;D

It's what I have been say all along. They get off on it....they expect it. :cracking-up: so I guarantee after this week - wolves and crosses will come in droves. I can't wait to see it blow up :D

Next point - Ben discussing working for his father in law

he says working for his father in law is not bad (ie I think he means TLC) HA

Jessa thinks its cool to work in the family business - not as common as it once was - :stir-pot:

and she does confirm she is a bit of a non conformist :pull-hair: no really Jessa we had no idea :D

and this is what Ben says

....And if his beliefs tell him that he is the headship (seriously - who is telling him this - the little voices in his head :cracking-up: ) there is no question that Ben puts Jessa on a pedestal - well of course she demands it :D

so there you the world explained by Jessa and Ben - two hormonal people who think they have the world by Ben's crotch :D

I just watched last night's episode, and they showed JoyAnna in bed convalescing following the removal of wisdom teeth. Huh? Why would you need to be in bed after that? No one I know, including myself, ever needed that. I was knocked out for mine, slept for a couple of hours after I got home, popped vicodin as needed and was back to work in a day.

They flashed back to a couple of the other girls in bed following the same surgery. I don't get it.

I was the same, but back to work the same night.

the only thing I can see is that its an excuse to not be a jslave for a couple days. I can't blame Joy for taking a couple days off, she's entitled to it after all. Must be a treat to get to relax and be given attention.

Outside of the Duggars, who the fuck needs 100 pregnancy tests?! I could see a school nurse buying them (my college school nurse bought condoms in bulk, too, and gave them out for free bc the school wouldn't supply them) but there's really no need to buy them in such a quantity. That just seems ridiculous.

You can buy a pack of 100 ovulation tests + 20 pregnancy tests on Amazon for roughly $32. And it's really easy to go through 100 ovulation tests if you have really long irregular cycles (like me, an average healthy woman in her early 30s)....or if you're pre-menopausal and addicted to having babies (like J'Chelle). The 100+20 pack is usually the best value for ovulation tests, whether you need the 20 pregnancy tests they come with or not.

I guess I just don't get all the uproar over the Duggars seemingly possessing pregnancy tests at all time. They probably have the cheapies from Amazon (and Jill went and got one of the "nicer" midstream tests for the photo op).

(And I know those cheapies work well--I found out last weekend that I'm pregnant.)

The main thing I noticed was we saw much more of Michelle in this one, and she was shown interacting with the kids. JB was hardly in it at all. Methinks that someone has been reading up on how so many have noticed that Michelle tends to barely be around her kids. I imagine the comments made about the differences in parenting styles between she and Kelly Jo are also playing a role. I predict that this season will try to put Michelle in a more favorable light. We are going to see her more actively involved in doing things with the kids.

I noticed this as well. It was so weird to see so much of Michelle in this episode, I really didn't know what to make of it. I mean, obviously someone has been reading FJ or other sites and felt the need to make her more involved. But after all this time of Michelle being so detached from from her kids its just strange to see her interacting with them.

Yes, the cheapies do work! I found out pretty much right when I noticed my period was late by walking down to Dollar General and buying a one dollar test. Another friend of mine thought she was pregnant, we went down to the Dollar General and bought the test, and sure enough she was. (She still has it too... not sure what I think about that)

I have had friends who thought they were and really weren't, and those one dollar tests confirmed they were not.

As far as I'm concerned, the cheapies are just as good as the more expensive ones.

I doubt those Duggars spring for those very supportive and expensive nursing bras. But Anna's certainly containing hers well. Jill's will hanging low when all is said and done.

I agree about that Bra shopping, jeesh those suckers are hanging low, to be fair good bra's "cost too much" can't save the difference if the item is to costly.

Yes, the cheapies do work! I found out pretty much right when I noticed my period was late by walking down to Dollar General and buying a one dollar test. Another friend of mine thought she was pregnant, we went down to the Dollar General and bought the test, and sure enough she was. (She still has it too... not sure what I think about that)

I have had friends who thought they were and really weren't, and those one dollar tests confirmed they were not.

As far as I'm concerned, the cheapies are just as good as the more expensive ones.

The only difference reallyt between the cheapies and the 5 € sticks is that cheapies are more likely to have evaps. but apart from that, cheapies all the way. They are actually easier to read too.

I have heard that the US often have a similar problem as in Germany regarding bra sizes. "the fear of an advanced letter"(aka anything past D, without knowing that a 28 D aint the same as a 36 D). I would refer them to http://www.busenfreundinnen.net they speak English too :lol:

I have to say though that Anna looks more in need of a decent bra. Hers look like they are confined in a bra thats way too small.

Archived