IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Snark for Season 10

MatthewDuggar

In Jill's wedding episode, JB commented that in 15-20 years he may be giving away "Little Baby Josie" at her wedding.

I know she's the miracle pre-mee and the youngest, but isn't she almost 5 years old now? Plus they still use her as a prop in their anti-abortion campaigns.

Of all the Duggar kids, I'll bet she may be the one that is the most resentful when she grows up.

She already is a spitfire that seems to get away with murder. We did see J-Chelle training her by saying, "The world doesn't revolve around you, Josie", in her baby voice. Maybe they never blanket trained her because she was so frail?

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of the younger girls have a streak of sass and independence that we've never really seen in the older girls. It got beaten out of them loooong before the cameras started rolling, when Michelle started popping out one boy after another.

I have a lot of hope for the youngest ones, including Josie, who I agree has a serious case of youngest child syndrome (which is not her fault). They won't be caring for siblings, and by the time they are teenagers, they'll be in basically an empty house with Michelle and Jim Bob. They will have VERY different teenage years than Jana, Jill, Jessa and Jinger, that's for sure. Also, chances are pretty good one of their oldest siblings will have made a run for it by the time they reach adulthood, and that could definitely affect the choices they make once they turn 18.

Yeah, Josie isn't a baby and hasn't been for some time. But I suppose since she is the youngest she will always be the baby to JB and Michelle.

I think the youngest Duggar girls are going to be shipped over to their aunts' homes within the next few years. Jenny was at the ultrasound for baby Dilly; I have feeling she's going to want to be a buddy to the new baby because of how close Jenny is to Jill.

Josie probably won't be, but they are going to need some way to get rid of the snark on those girls.

I think it will always be that way. Large family dynamics are so screwed up. My own family always refers to the youngest as "Our little baby", even after they are married.....

And if Josie is anything like my little terror of a baby sister was- they are going to need all the prayers they can get!

No matter HOW they refer to her, NOBODY is gonna put "Baby Josie" in a corner. Ever.

Josie is gonna be like a grown up Jessa. Since by that time Michelle and JB would be too tired and preoccupied to spend her to JTTH for reprogramming

I think things with Josie could end up a couple ways. Either she rebels and hates the fact that she is the MIRACLE BABY or she embraces it and we get books written about how much God loves her or something. I don't think all the Lost Girls are the same. Johannah is spunky and rebellious. I could see her leaving and really hating if she's farmed out to help raise nieces and nephews soon. I could see her being send up to Josh, which could actually be a really good fit. Anna seems to do the bulk of the work and to be really into the homeschooling. Hannie seems really bright and I could see Anna pushing her as far as she can with her education. Jenny seems almost depressed. I thinks she's going to end up living with Jill soon. Not sure what will happen to that little girl but I really worry about her. Jordyn seems relatively easy going especially compared to her sisters. Since she's Jessa's buddy my guess is that she will eventually end up with Jessa to raise her kids.

Josie however seems spoiled and like her mother always wants to be the center of attention. I can see her not being farmed out to a sibling but kept at home since Michelle actually has a bond with her.

I know a lot of people have a hate on for Josie --- but does she really seem badly behaved to you all compared to other 4 year olds? I'm genuinely curious, cause I had a bunch of kids, and currently have a bunch of grand kids in that age range - and Josie doesn't seem particularly bratty or spoiled or demanding to me. Whenever we have more than a couple of kids that age in a room for any length of time someone eventually ends up whining or squabbling or pitching a fit about something. Less as time goes by of course, but still. An adult usually needs to intervene at least once during a typical get together - --

Are the kids in my family just particularly obnoxious ? :think: I mean I know as a family we're a very loud and emotional and high spirited bunch, in general. ( to use nice words :lol: )

But I never notice anything unusual in Josie's actions. She acts a little younger than the other girls - but she is younger, and Mackenzie, the next closest in age seems pretty mature for her age. And kid years might as well be dog years for maturity.

As to calling her a baby...meh, I still call my kids babies and they are full on grown ups!

And

I don't think the use of 'baby' is the problem. Me and my sister are 25 now and my Dad still calls us 'his baby twin girls' and he is no creepy Dim Boob Duggar. It's just something parents say I think. The problem is that SPESHUL SNOWFLAKE MIRACLE CHILD JOSIE is a clear favourite child that gets special treatment.

I do agree that the Lost Girls will not totally get off the hook as child rearers, they'll be forced to go help their buddies and work as their sistermoms. I can see Jenny and Jordyn just being thrilled to be back with their real moms again, but I can see Hannie wanting no piece of it.

I know a lot of people have a hate on for Josie --- but does she really seem badly behaved to you all compared to other 4 year olds?

My emotions went out to Jordyn and Jennifer when Josie was born. It seemed that Josie got the bulk of Michelle's attention and Jordyn and Jennifer just cast to the side, even though they were so little themselves.

I don't dislike Josie but I don't feel attached or interested in her as I do Jordyn and Jennifer.

My emotions went out to Jordyn and Jennifer when Josie was born. It seemed that Josie got the bulk of Michelle's attention and Jordyn and Jennifer just cast to the side, even though they were so little themselves.

I don't dislike Josie but I don't feel attached or interested in her as I do Jordyn and Jennifer.

Yeah and that's exactly why along with Hannie, those 3 get called 'the lost girls'.....

I actually felt worse for some of the older kids when Josie was born and Michelle was so wrapped up in Josie and, literally, distant from the other kids. I know there isn't much they could do to change it, whenever a family member is having a health emergency it's only natural that the focus is on them.

I think Jim Bob seemed to do a good job being the main parent to Jordyn. And she still seems attached to him. But I think the older girls taking on even more of the usual parent duties is part of why the howlers are soooo wild ( at least on camera) . And even if Michelle and Jim Bob do delegate most of the work, I would imagine the kids still rely on them for some sense of stability - so the whole Josie thing must have been very difficult.

I see Johanna walking out the door, shooting double birdies, and saying "fuck you mom and dad".

I know a lot of people have a hate on for Josie --- but does she really seem badly behaved to you all compared to other 4 year olds?

Josie's not badly behaved for a 4 year old, she just obviously gets more attention and less "training and correction" than the other lost girls.

... and Mackenzie, the next closest in age seems pretty mature for her age.

I think Mackenzie is a little brat. Has there yet been an episode where she doesn't have a screaming meltdown? Michael is a little mimic and copies her behavior. Yes, all typical for kids that age, just an observation.

As to calling her a baby...meh, I still call my kids babies and they are full on grown ups!

I get referring to her as the "baby", but it's just the way they say it coupled with the way she's treated that makes it a bit more "precious".

I see Johanna walking out the door, shooting double birdies, and saying "fuck you mom and dad".

One day 18 year old Hannie just slips out for a few hours and nobody knows where she is... until she pulls up in front of the TTH in a convertible and yells to Jenny and Jordyn, "Get in ladies, we're busting out of this joint!" Then they drive out to SoCal for sand, sun and cute boys, or whatever strikes their fancy.

That is my pipe dream.

One day 18 year old Hannie just slips out for a few hours and nobody knows where she is... until she pulls up in front of the TTH in a convertible and yells to Jenny and Jordyn, "Get in ladies, we're busting out of this joint!" Then they drive out to SoCal for sand, sun and cute boys, or whatever strikes their fancy.

That is my pipe dream.

that reminded me of this episode...

lefthttp://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6lwfuYCbi1qagel2o4_500.gif

I think Mackenzie is a little brat. Has there yet been an episode where she doesn't have a screaming meltdown? Michael is a little mimic and copies her behavior. Yes, all typical for kids that age, just an observation.

Hands down, I love Kynzie. She is a little brat... but I think that's why I like her. Anna and Josh haven't killed her spunk... They just let it run it's course. When I taught preschool, 90% of the time ignoring the kid was best way to get screaming fits to stop.

Eventually she'll tone down the meltdowns and just be feisty. She's 4/5... she has a few years to get there. If she's 10 and still howling... I'll judge.

Who was Josie's buddy? I know both Jana and Jill were very involved in her neonatal care... I wonder if she has attached to them at all over Michelle. I know M loves her current baby best of all... but did she still do the brunt of the work or did she ship her off to Jana overnight?

Who was Josie's buddy? I know both Jana and Jill were very involved in her neonatal care... I wonder if she has attached to them at all over Michelle. I know M loves her current baby best of all... but did she still do the brunt of the work or did she ship her off to Jana overnight?

It's still up for debate but many feel that based on what we are shown, Josie prefers Michelle over any of the adult girls. It may be that since no new baby is in the mix, she's always be Michelle's? Also, Josie doesn't seem like a naturally clingy/huggy type child.

Yeah, I don't see Josie as particularly obnoxious as all 4 year olds are obnoxious as hell. By 5/6 they are usually in pre-k or k so they get their comeuppance and calm down. Since Josie won't be going to school, she may not get hers as early, so she may stay obnoxious longer, but I don't think she's necessarily a spoiled brat.

As for the use of the word "baby" - mine are 14 - 18 (four of them, so we are a little bit of a large family) and I refer to the younger two as "the littles" and "babies" and they are as tall as me! It's just the way we've always referred to them - it's not a statement. They are not little or babies, but in our dynamic they are due to their ages versus their older brothers.

Josie strikes me as acting pretty normal. Sometimes she's happy, other times she's irritable, just like any other toddler her age. I think she's adorable, and would love to have a ready-made toddler just like her. No pregnancy, no mess. :lol:

I think the problem lies with Michelle's obvious favoritism toward Josie. We don't see her interact with the other little girls anywhere near as much as she does Josie, and as the girls get older, they will resent Josie and Michelle both for it. Whether it makes a monster out of Josie, and that is a very real possibility, remains to be seen.

Mackynzie and Michael crack me up. I love how he eggs her on when she gets annoyed or aggravated, it makes for some really funny scenes on the show. If I lived in that household, I'd have a really hard time not laughing when they start bickering.

I don't think her behavior is necessarily bad compared to your average four year old but Michelle definitely spoils her. There was one episode where Josie became upset about something and threw up. Michelle was all on Mack's case about her guilty conscience and stuff. I also think Josie is definitely a child who seeks out being the center of attention. In talking heads we see her swatting at pretend flies and eating them. She constantly talks over her sisters. Not that my four-year-old doesn't talk over people too but I don't really feel like he's some example of great behavior since when we're in a group setting he's typically that kid who isn't listening.

I don't think her behavior is necessarily bad compared to your average four year old but Michelle definitely spoils her. There was one episode where Josie became upset about something and threw up. Michelle was all on Mack's case about her guilty conscience and stuff. I also think Josie is definitely a child who seeks out being the center of attention. In talking heads we see her swatting at pretend flies and eating them. She constantly talks over her sisters. Not that my four-year-old doesn't talk over people too but I don't really feel like he's some example of great behavior since when we're in a group setting he's typically that kid who isn't listening.

I guess I just haven't noticed the favoritism to the extent others have. I think initially there was a lot of emphasis on Michelle and Josie, but I think that made sense from the obvious point of her being so premature, plus it was their main storyline for a couple of seasons, just like the other Duggar kids weren't a big focus lately - because the show storyline was about courting/engagement/marriage.

I remember Michelle scolding Mack, but have also seen her scold Josie. We see such a tiny, tiny part of their interactions -- I would assume with that many little kids each of each of them is being told to calm down, share, not tease, think of others, give back a toy etc. ..every day.

I do think Josie seems to be one of the more boisterous kids - I think it just kind of stands out with her because Jennifer and Jordyn are both fairly quiet for that family. I also think she maybe wasn't really mature enough to be included in the talking heads yet. I don't know if it's because of prematurity has her still a little developmentally behind, or it's just her personality - but she always seems to be trying to follow whatever reaction/emotion it is the producer is trying to get from the little girls, but isn't quite " there" yet. If that makes sense. So when the three of them, in a talking head, were supposed to look upset about Jill getting married - Josie just seemed really off and over the top.

I actually love to see the " bratty" or "spoiled" side in all of them. Particularly Mackynzie and Michael. It means they aren't a bunch of beat down robots like the kids in the early specials.

Sure, some kids are just naturally kind and orderly and well - behaved and responsible ( even have a couple mixed in with our family of hellions :lol: ) -- but I don't think it's the norm with the majority of kids. Especially ones who are interacting with lots of similar aged children.

I actually love to see the " bratty" or "spoiled" side in all of them. Particularly Mackynzie and Michael. It means they aren't a bunch of beat down robots like the kids in the early specials.

Sure, some kids are just naturally kind and orderly and well - behaved and responsible ( even have a couple mixed in with our family of hellions :lol: ) -- but I don't think it's the norm with the majority of kids. Especially ones who are interacting with lots of similar aged children.

I do too. It is nice sometimes to realize that my kids aren't the only ones who act up or have tantrums. And Josh and Anna's kids don't seem beaten down, which is really nice. It will be interesting to see the cousins with Jill expecting and Jessa probably not being far off from a pregnancy announcement.

Archived