IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Snark for Season 10

MatthewDuggar

The recovery you have has a lot to do with how much there was to take out (particularly when it comes to roots). Some people have very simple roots (or none at all yet) and their teeth are easily removed. Some people have very complex roots or the roots are butting up against nerves, and they require more extensive surgeries.

Also, people react to surgeries and medicines differently. For instance, when I used to be able to take Benadryl (I accidentally overdosed once, and now I'm unable to take it anymore), I wouldn't have a problem with drowsiness. Everyone else in my family does though.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened at lunchtime at school? :pink-shock: Or was he in one of the areas where they went home for lunch?

I really do think they just want to keep her a baby, thus the whole reason I created this thread when JB referred to her (at 5) as little baby Josie. ...... really....

Oh he was fully able to eat by himself. But when they were at home or at a restaurant, they fed him.

Being allowed to throw a little fit or always getting their way is one thing, but being spoon fed and pushed around in a stroller at age 5 when according to them, she has no delays is not normal. That's just extreme.

I know a lot of people who use strollers with kids under 7 if they're going to be doing a lot of walking. Hell, there are pictures of me at Disney and a few zoos when I was 4-7 in strollers because little kids get tired before adults/older kids, and no one wants to carry children over the age of 2.5-3 for very long. I won't pass judgment on the stroller until I know the conditions of her being in the stroller. I mean, it's obvious she isn't always in a stroller. There have been many shots of her walking around.

Yeah, for me, four impacted teeth plus being strongly (more than most people) affected by sedation plus getting dry socket meant a good 3-4 day recovery time. I think I maybe spent either a day or a weekend lazing around and then passed out on Monday while getting ready for school. So a day or two more after that.

Generally, I'm a pretty tough cookie, too. But I did not do well with wisdom teeth!

I'm 34 and still putting it off! Dentist wants them out but it's going to be a not so easy surgery and I'm big fat baby when it comes to my teeth. There are definitely many levels of procedures when it comes to wisdom teeth removal.

Plus a kid like Joy has every right to milk it for all it's worth if it means getting to laze around and receive some special attention!

The feeding thing drives me bonkers. But we didn't go anywhere that involved a lot of walking without the wagon (if possible) until our kiddo was about 7. That thing was worth its weight in gold! We ditched the stroller by age 3 or so. But Josie is so tiny that it may be comfortable for her.

My daughter had 4 impacted wisdom teeth out at the same time (age 16), and she definitely needed a couple of days of tlc. She was totally knocked out for the procedure so there was just a certain amount of getting over the anesthesia, plus pain and swelling. In a less-busy house I'm sure Joy could have just holed up on the sofa with a blanket and a good book, but you know how crazy their living room is all the time.

The feeding thing drives me bonkers. But we didn't go anywhere that involved a lot of walking without the wagon (if possible) until our kiddo was about 7. That thing was worth its weight in gold! We ditched the stroller by age 3 or so. But Josie is so tiny that it may be comfortable for her.

Wagons are awesome! You can carry kid(s) and/ or stuff. And even a much older kid can get a ride without feeling babyish. Although a lot less comfortable for the adult, in my experience.

So far my kids have been about 50/50 on how they were after the oral surgery for wisdom teeth. Half have objected to my saying they had to stay quiet for a couple of days and were sitting up watching TV and playing video games. The other half took to their beds in a darkened room for at least two days and expected hands on waiting on. I think part of it was the amount of swelling and pain and part was the group who generally have an adverse or long lasting reaction to anesthesia.

Wagons are awesome! You can carry kid(s) and/ or stuff. And even a much older kid can get a ride without feeling babyish. Although a lot less comfortable for the adult, in my experience.

Yep, kids, jackets, snacks, and drinks! I still use the wagon when we hit neighborhood rummage sales (which is where we scored the wagon itself for a killer deal) or all-day events that are outdoors in the summer.

I think it has less to do with the Duggars and more to do with how TLC decides to map out the episodes. I doubt the Duggars get a huge amount of control (or any control) over the editing of the episodes.

The pregnancy test - its possible that Jill didn't tell her sisters immediately what the result was. And if she did, she may have asked them not to mention it until they told the family the next day. Michelle may not have looked surprised because I think Jill mentioned stealing something from the bathroom - she was probably expecting Jill to announce a pregnancy at any moment since she first got married. Or its possible that Michelle was present when Jill found out and agreed to let them tell the news themselves (not likely, I know, but still possible).

As for feeding Josie, other posters pointed out in another thread that it seemed like Jill was doing that because Jinger was on her way to pick them up already. Feeding Josie herself would speed things up and keep Josie from making a huge mess. So I think it was more for practical purposes than anything.

About the timeline and when Jill knew she was pregnant VS what we saw on the show. It's highly possible it happened like you described, but the whole scene just seemed fake to me. Maybe to an certain extant, I could see the crew telling the clan to gather because Jill was on her way to tell them something (not knowing what). So they had a set-up ''Bible Time''. But the way Jill tried to describe how she had stolen something, took something, blabla... It was just so unnatural to me.

you're lucky! i had mine out and was in bed for about a week, alternating vicodin & ibuprofen to stave off pain and swelling. i was really, really out of it.

eta: the pudding i gorged on was really really good, though :D

Ditto for me. I was in bed for a week as well in severe pain bc it turns out I'm allergic to Vicodin. So that sucked. I laid in bed and watched tv if I could. I think I managed to get through most of the sex and the city series on dvd. :lol:

I would totally take Jordyn home and give her the love and attention she needs. My daughter is the same age and they would have a blast together. Of course Jordyn would immediately join my daughter in dance classes and probably play sports with my children as well.

So that's my plan. I'll take Jordyn home with me (and even Hannie and Jenni as well) plus Josiah and then I'll be good :lol: Those three girls would have a blast with my daughter and they would get real attention and have tons of friends and go to play dates and sleepovers. Plus, I would get to buy more dance recital dresses and get them all ready and then I would die of a cuteness overload. They would have a little brother (my son) who would absolutely adore Josiah and spend lots of time with him. I want five or six kids, so that will complete my family :D Now if only I could make this happen …

The main thing I noticed was we saw much more of Michelle in this one, and she was shown interacting with the kids. JB was hardly in it at all. Methinks that someone has been reading up on how so many have noticed that Michelle tends to barely be around her kids. I imagine the comments made about the differences in parenting styles between she and Kelly Jo are also playing a role. I predict that this season will try to put Michelle in a more favorable light. We are going to see her more actively involved in doing things with the kids.

She really does look bruised. But maybe she bonked her head on a car door frame or somesuch. I did that just yesterday and I don't even have the excuse of being pregnant. I'm just that bad at judging distances, but I did clonk myself in just about exactly that spot while reaching into the passenger side of my car to dump a tote bag in before moving around to the driver's side. I'm just lucky I didn't break my glasses.

When I get really tired, I tend to look like I have black eyes, so that is definitely a possibility that Anna has the same problem

duggarfamilyblog.com/

behind the scenes video of the cover of the people magazine shoot

green tea kettle :D

In that video, he's doing that stupid hand heart thing over her stomach and he has this childish grin on his face (is there any other type of grin for bin?). Seriously. She has to be pregnant.

They are yanking chains, folks.

They like playing games, like average 12 year olds.

Heck, if her parents are stuck in perpetual adolescence, why can't she be stuck at the Jr High level?

In that video, he's doing that stupid hand heart thing over her stomach and he has this childish grin on his face (is there any other type of grin for bin?). Seriously. She has to be pregnant.

I hate that stupid heart thing

everything else I love :D

she is gesturing like she isn't imo :D :cracking-up:

Being allowed to throw a little fit or always getting their way is one thing, but being spoon fed and pushed around in a stroller at age 5 when according to them, she has no delays is not normal. That's just extreme.

I don't think Josie is constantly being fed or riding in a stroller. Also strollers come in handy for keeping bags and things so after so many years of needing a stroller I could understand them having trouble giving up on it. My son was born around Josie's due date and he still occasionally uses a stroller. We don't bring it for him but for our two-year-old but sometimes she wants to walk and he wants to sit for a little bit. I know lots of five year olds who still need a stroller or to be carried for days that require a lot of walking like a museum, zoo or theme park.

I can't remember when the last time I spoon fed my son or even my two-year-old but we did a relaxed baby led weaning with them and they've both always preferred to feed themselves. However we've seen her feed herself many times so I think either Jill was trying to get her to hurry up or didn't want to deal with the mess.

Archived