IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Snark for Season 10

MatthewDuggar

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see anything about Ben and Jessa's Paris honeymoon on the season preview. I hope they are not going to stretch it out until next season.

I didn't see anything about Ben and Jessa's Paris honeymoon on the season preview. I hope they are not going to stretch it out until next season.

I bet they are - and it will be the adopting stuff again

there you go - come September that is their storyline

:nenner: :nenner: :nenner: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

My favorite: Grandma's face when Jessa said that the guys weren't going to wear suits. Arkansas isn't really the South, but Grandma had some proper southern lady vibes coming off like not wearing a suit as a groomsman just isn't done.

I also laughed at the timeline. It was so obviously false. They have forgotten their own lies. First scene, the kissing tally, an obviously pregnant Jill is "newly married". TLC has "one week later. . ." at the bottom of the screen and then a less pregnant Jill is shown getting ready for a little sister sleepover. Then we have a not showing at all Jill announcing a pregnancy. It was like the entire thing was backwards. Then, if Benessa got engaged 2 weeks after D&J's wedding and had only 2.5 months to plan, the wedding would not have been in November. They also forgot that we have early reports of the pregnancy that said that the sisters had already asked Jill if she was pregnant, she said she had only had false pregnancy tests, and they sent her to pee on one of Michelle's. Then TLC tries to make it like it was a surprise that Jill had "stolen" the test and no one knew about it. If you watch Michelle's face she doesn't look at all surprised by the announcement.

And feeding 5 year old Josie. . .sigh.

Zillionaire family adopts child. I'm quite sure Jessa's trust fund would put anyone's mind to rest. A private adoption is always possible if the birth mother agrees.

UM, wouldn't JB and Michelle actually have more money than the purported trust funders ?

Best of my knowledge, an allowance is more likely the Seewalds' main income source.

My favorite: Grandma's face when Jessa said that the guys weren't going to wear suits. Arkansas isn't really the South, but Grandma had some proper southern lady vibes coming off like not wearing a suit as a groomsman just isn't done.

I also laughed at the timeline. It was so obviously false. They have forgotten their own lies. First scene, the kissing tally, an obviously pregnant Jill is "newly married". TLC has "one week later. . ." at the bottom of the screen and then a less pregnant Jill is shown getting ready for a little sister sleepover. Then we have a not showing at all Jill announcing a pregnancy. It was like the entire thing was backwards. Then, if Benessa got engaged 2 weeks after D&J's wedding and had only 2.5 months to plan, the wedding would not have been in November. They also forgot that we have early reports of the pregnancy that said that the sisters had already asked Jill if she was pregnant, she said she had only had false pregnancy tests, and they sent her to pee on one of Michelle's. Then TLC tries to make it like it was a surprise that Jill had "stolen" the test and no one knew about it. If you watch Michelle's face she doesn't look at all surprised by the announcement.

No, Michelle did not seem surprised, but everyone else did. Maybe Michelle really cannot handle the fact that she IS in a new season of life.

I thought it was sneaky of the editors to juxtapose the scenes of Ben and Jessa talking about how gross and health-hazardous the mold in their bathroom was with the scenes of Anna giving birth in that same bathroom.... subtly highlighting that the house was probably not a safe site for a homebirth?

I imagine the mold is there for one simple reason: the AC was not run over the summer. Humidity does that. Probably need a dehumidifier along with AC. That's pretty normal in a hot humid place. I don't think the house is a HAZ-MAT site. I had mold in my crawl space--Clorox and a little work ends it. Paint with Kilz if its in a visible spot, then repaint. Not that huge of a deal. Its an older house--subfloors rot from humidity and bathroom water leaks or kitchen water leaks. Stuff happens. I really think they took a stupid everyday thing and made it a big deal just to have a story line that fuels the "JillyMuffin vs JessaBlessa" gossip.

UM, wouldn't JB and Michelle actually have more money than the purported trust funders ?

Best of my knowledge, an allowance is more likely the Seewalds' main income source.

I'm guessing what Jessa/Bin earn this season, properly invested (and JIm Bob is no fool on that) will be more than adequate. She's been over 18 for a while and I imagine she got paid well for those seasons, too. Plus, when you don't pay any rent, don't have a car payment, don't have a student loan payment you can live pretty darned well on almost any income.

Personally, I think they'll drag the adoption thing out to look good. There are a few Gothard families who adopt--mostly before joining, but it is really not the thing to do in that world.

And Anna got pregnant a few months later. Is baby making all these girls think about? Guess so.

And that is why Michelle is so miserable now. She likely sees herself as having no worth or usefulness.

Those girls need to look to Michelle as an example of what NOT to do- plus get some hobbies.

I did a quick scan of instagram with #sidehug. I'm disappointed at how PG they are.

I just did a #sidehug on Twitter that's probably rated AA...

My aunt and uncle fed my cousin until he was in first or second grade.

What happened at lunchtime at school? :pink-shock: Or was he in one of the areas where they went home for lunch?

I really do think they just want to keep her a baby, thus the whole reason I created this thread when JB referred to her (at 5) as little baby Josie. ...... really....

Josie is the baby with lots of older sibs and built in parents. Of course she is going to be babied, probably forever. My mom who is the oldest and 15 years older than her youngest sister, still talks about how her sister was babied and threw tantrums to get her way, and it worked. My mom is 80 and her sister is 65!

Also, they probably still feed her because they worry about her getting enough calories- old habits die hard. She was a micro preemie, you know. And, yes, they will still think of her as a preemie, forever!

Josie is the baby with lots of older sibs and built in parents. Of course she is going to be babied, probably forever. My mom who is the oldest and 15 years older than her youngest sister, still talks about how her sister was babied and threw tantrums to get her way, and it worked. My mom is 80 and her sister is 65!

Also, they probably still feed her because they worry about her getting enough calories- old habits die hard. She was a micro preemie, you know. And, yes, they will still think of her as a preemie, forever!

Just because it's common to be babied as the youngest doesn't mean it's OK. It is really NOT OK.

It's cruel to treat Josie like that in front of the other little girls, for one. They have never received even 10% of the attention that Josie does and it is naive to think they do not notice. Kids notice. They see who the favorite is.

But even just for Josie's sake - it does not do a child any good to be treated like that. A 5 year old needing someone to feed her is RIDICULOUS unless she actually has some kind of motor control issues, which we have seen no sign of in the past. The girl was trying to play a fcking trumpet. She can obviously use her damn hands.

This is my first full watch duggar episode. Before I just caught glimpses or my mom would tell me about it. I'm already nauseated at Jill and Derick. Kissing with food in their mouth and the frequency of it. Jessa looks like she's always this close to kissing Ben.

Just because it's common to be babied as the youngest doesn't mean it's OK. It is really NOT OK.

It's cruel to treat Josie like that in front of the other little girls, for one. They have never received even 10% of the attention that Josie does and it is naive to think they do not notice. Kids notice. They see who the favorite is.

But even just for Josie's sake - it does not do a child any good to be treated like that. A 5 year old needing someone to feed her is RIDICULOUS unless she actually has some kind of motor control issues, which we have seen no sign of in the past. The girl was trying to play a fcking trumpet. She can obviously use her damn hands.

It may not be developmentally appropriate, and that will be Josie's burden when she's older. :Shrugs:- my point being, it's not unusual for the baby of the family to be babied.

Just as it's not unusual for an oldest daughter to be a helper.

Anna on the phone "I'm a little jealous"

stfu Anna you already have 3 kids.

One of the many stupid things in this show is the way they have tried to seamlessly transition from JB/M to J/A as the baby making machine. Anna is dressed like Michelle and suddenly she has to act all stupid about babies and getting pregnant. She wasn't like that while Michelle was still popping them out. I say its fake--its another story line that Anna is nuts for babies because she's the new Michelle. TLC needs to get over it and let her be herself, dress like someone her own age and all the rest. Maybe will JillyJill preggers that will take the heat off of her.

I think it has less to do with the Duggars and more to do with how TLC decides to map out the episodes. I doubt the Duggars get a huge amount of control (or any control) over the editing of the episodes.

The pregnancy test - its possible that Jill didn't tell her sisters immediately what the result was. And if she did, she may have asked them not to mention it until they told the family the next day. Michelle may not have looked surprised because I think Jill mentioned stealing something from the bathroom - she was probably expecting Jill to announce a pregnancy at any moment since she first got married. Or its possible that Michelle was present when Jill found out and agreed to let them tell the news themselves (not likely, I know, but still possible).

As for feeding Josie, other posters pointed out in another thread that it seemed like Jill was doing that because Jinger was on her way to pick them up already. Feeding Josie herself would speed things up and keep Josie from making a huge mess. So I think it was more for practical purposes than anything.

I can't be the only one who heard that: When she was a kid, she had to grab some food and eat it in the bathroom to make sure she had some, is that what Jill said?! :pink-shock:

Overall, this is kind of boring. Sitting on my second class of wine in one hour.

That is disgusting, shame on her parents for breeding so irresponsibly that every mealtime is the hunger games. No wonder Josh got so fat after marriage, first time he didn't have to fight for his lunch. Between that and Jordyn ending up with an empty ice cream cone, these kids are going to have issues-I am glad to see that Jill and Jessa are eating fairly well after marriage, I worried that the rest of the kids were going to end up getting into unhealthy patterns after they are finally free to eat what they want, when they want and as much as they want.

I can just imagine a bunch of feral frumper wearing kids fighting eachother like cats (complete with hissing and growling) over a pile of food. While they are fighting, Jill grabs a slice of pizza in her teeth and drags it into the bathroom to eat like my cat does when she knows she shouldn't have eaten that off the kitchen counter but does anyway. Jana goes for a slice, but Jessa hisses at her, so she ends up with none. Josiah grabs two, but Josh practically steals one of his mouth. At the end of it Jordyn is licking crumbs from the plate because that was all was left.

Josie is so babied by her parents. Michelle, she is the last child, but that doesn't mean she is forever a baby. Let her grow up. I can see Michelle not wanting Josie to leave home and trying to keep her there as a kid forever, especially as more and more kids move out. By the time she is a teenager there will be just a handful of them left. I can see Michelle wanting to spend every second with her, fussing over her, doing things for her that she is begging to be allowed to do for herself. I am surprised they even potty trained her, and I bet she will be treated like a small fragile child by her parents until she is eighteen years old and gets the hell out of there because she wants to be treated like an adult.

I hope that Jessa and Ben adopt before having biological kids. They would never let someone their age adopt, and it takes ages to be approved to adopt too, so they might be baby free for a while yet, unless they aren't doing anything to prevent pregnancy and Jessa just has normal fertility not super Duggar fertility (which I really hope so, I dont think she would cope with 19 kids). If I was a Duggar, I would prefer to secretly go on birth control and adopt a few kids if I wanted to have kids, as its a way to escape being filmed birthing a baby on the toilet.

Im just so happy that Jessa and Ben aren't announcing a pregnancy yet, as I thought that was what the surprise was. I don't think they are ready, they are so young and immature. And I am glad that this may mean she has normal fertility instead of the freakish ability to get pregnant from just seeing a penis.

They said they took a "few" tests. Um, you've been married less than a month. How many tests can you take? I realize he has an employee discount, but those things are $10-$13/each.

99 Cent Store! Maybe? Last time I was there going through checkout, they had pee-on-a-stick pregnancy tests. At the time I remember wondering who would trust a 99 Cent Store pregnancy test. :lol:

Being allowed to throw a little fit or always getting their way is one thing, but being spoon fed and pushed around in a stroller at age 5 when according to them, she has no delays is not normal. That's just extreme.

Okay so it was glaringly obvious the sleepover happened after she told them she's pregnant right?

She had a small baby bump while she was shopping for the stuff for the sleepover and going all crazy over the baby clothes. It wasn't just glaringly obvious, it was painfully obvious that the sleepover happened after the pregnancy announcement.

Archived