IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Snark for Season 10

MatthewDuggar

Their house looks nice. Except for the mold, she didn't do too badly, and it looks good now. It still unfair that Jill got a mansion and Jessa got a two bedroom house, but neither of them need a mansion. Most of the rooms in Jill's house are probably gathering dust.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree that Jessa really seems fine with the smaller house. Plus, the utilities at Jill's have to be astronomical in comparison. Derick has a good job; who knows how much Boob actually pays Ben.

that's the point - Jessa seemed totally fine - Ben looked like he had the issues - now it could have been the mold or whatever - but he seems the one with the issue :D

again the air

that's the point - Jessa seemed totally fine - Ben looked like he had the issues - now it could have been the mold or whatever - but he seems the one with the issue :D

again the air

Well, there is an alternative for Ben. He can:

1) GET A REAL JOB-INDEPENDENT of the Duggars

2) Find somewhere else to live.

Well, there is an alternative for Ben. He can:

1) GET A REAL JOB-INDEPENDENT of the Duggars

2) Find somewhere else to live.

I totally agree with - you

but he is so young and has no clue that what he has been basically given - people work their entire lives for - the trip to europe, the house with granite countertops, cars for jessa

I am learning a whole new side of young Ben :D

and It is good to see this air because it makes for fascinating tv

:nenner: but he is still sweet in all the videos :D

New episode is online: youtube.com/watch?v=GGaYBAeb0kg

Thank you for the link! I finally got to see the episode. Some random thoughts:

Jinger seemed to be over it all when they discussed Baby Dilly after the announcement. Joy was saying something like "I didn't expect it to be this soon" and Jinger next to her was trying to keep sweet but was kind of rolling her eyes. Free Jinger!!!!

It was nice to see Jordyn looking happy at the sleepover. Jill & Derick, too, mostly annoy the hell out of me but I liked that they showed the lost girls some attention and invited them to the party. The girls seemed to enjoy every moment of it. Something to think about, JB and DQ...

Now give me Jill's kitchen, please!

Ben did not look too excited about their new home. As someone with allergies, I do understand his concern about the mold. But, then again, which teenager gets a free house, big honeymoon and probably a free car, too?!? Ben, if you don't pay for it, then you shut your mouth.

My (neurotypical, full-term) son is a week away from Josie in age, and he is BIG. We still use the stroller when we need to get somewhere on a timeframe and keep him locked down. (He's a wanderer and not a good communicator...Joie speaks better than he does) Also, we should probably feed him because when he feeds himself, the food ends up all over his clothes.

So this is typical 5-yr old stuff, nothing to see here...

That's not typical five year old stuff at all.

That's not typical five year old stuff at all.

I agree. My son is four and a half and I haven't fed him in years. He always fed himself. My six year old did as well. She was just over a year and half when my son was born and she was definitely feeding herself by that point. I've also never used a stroller for either of them. The only time they're in something is when we're going for a long walk - like over a mile - and even then they generally walk most of it. There's nothing typical or normal about a five year old being spoon fed - literally - and in a stroller all the time.

I think smaller house also = fewer overnight guests. Don't think there'll be nearly the parade of ex-buddies and other siblings through there as Jill has had. I also think that once the show is gone, they'll be gone.

I think smaller house also = fewer overnight guests. Don't think there'll be nearly the parade of ex-buddies and other siblings through there as Jill has had. I also think that once the show is gone, they'll be gone.

This is exactly what I thought. While I like the setting of Jill's house better, more land and peaceful, and if I remember correctly Josh's old house was on a busy street and had a highway behind it? I would choose the smaller house if JB was controlling the house. I can imagine JB dropping off kids at Jill's or using her house for extra fellowshippers to stay. Can Jill really say no to her dad or fellow believers.

I also think JB sees Jill being in AR for a long time. Derrick has a stable job and family and Jill seems very happy being near family. I think JB's dream is for Jill to have the next mega family he can film and show off so give her the house to allow for the big family and in the meantime she can be the perfect hostess. I don't know if Jessa will be in AR or that same area of AR forever so she gets the small starter home. If she decides to stay, I see half a season dedicated to JB showing Ben how to buy a house at auction, the family helping fix it up and Jessa moving in. Then who will get Grandma's house next? Joseph?

Gasp- what a change! I cannot believe that the house sat in disrepair for years. An astute business man would have fixed it up, flipped it, rented it or sold it by now-

My favorite part was the daughters sweeping and picking up broken pieces of glass, etcetera, in skirts and flip flops, which was shown on camera. I also seem to remember that Jim Boob (in his infinite wisdom) was too cheap to actually choose finishes, updated paint colors, complementary carpet colors, etcetera. In other words, the interior looks like crap.

In the meantime, I seem to remember Jim Boob's valuing the house at $1.5 million (who the hell's paying in excess of a million dollars for a badly designed house in Arkansas?) He must have been bucking for some kind of tax loss or whatever as a result.

One more thing. IMHO, of course. Would anyone here want to live in that house for free in the first place? It's been shown on camera. Benessa's house has been shown on camera. Considering the fact The Little Couple installed a gate after a fan (according to them, a nice woman, if a little bit disrespectful of their boundaries) walked up to the front door of their house and rang the bell, how many leghumpers have already or will be showing up at their house?

And we ALL know that Jim Boob is too freaking cheap to actually get a good security system...

my 2 yo feeds herself and she isn't a messy eater i dont have a push chair as they are impractical where i live so i have a mei tai carrier she can nap in it. All kids are different but it sounds a little late for a 5 yo to be fed and pushed u less there is some motor delay / disability (like a friends 4 yo has juvenile arthritis and therefore cant walk that far)

Okay so I'm watching Jessa's engagement and Wow Ben not only do you sound like you have 3 brain cells you basically told her you'll be proposing. I saw it in her eyes, she knew.

Eta: Why does Michelle look so bitter lol

I HAD THE EXACT SAME THOUGHT

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

more privacy - more time for nookie

:nenner: :nenner: :nenner: :cracking-up:

One more thing. IMHO, of course. Would anyone here want to live in that house for free in the first place? It's been shown on camera. Benessa's house has been shown on camera. Considering the fact The Little Couple installed a gate after a fan (according to them, a nice woman, if a little bit disrespectful of their boundaries) walked up to the front door of their house and rang the bell, how many leghumpers have already or will be showing up at their house?

And we ALL know that Jim Boob is too freaking cheap to actually get a good security system...

I also have been thinking about that - (the little couple husband said they get people all the time buzzing the gate and they ask if they are the little people and the husband says yes and hangs up )

I wonder who would have the gall and audacity to show up - I may like discussing them etc etc :D - but i would never show up lol

so anybody who is out there who even wants to go there - be careful :D and be respectful and then report back from 100 yards away :D :nenner: :nenner: :nenner: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

Be nice to Jessa - don't scare the rabbit

Jessa's smile when they held hands for prayer :lol:

I got to the Joy and Ben part yea I'm sure she had/has a little crush on him. I hope she gets paired up with someone perfect for her when the time comes

the TH with Derek going on about how 'he can’t see himself with 19 kids now, but blah blah blah G-D, yes, he can down the road’ cemented it for me. This guy has been swigging the cool aid as fast as Jilly-Muffin can serve it up to him. my hopes that he would pull her out to fundy light just died.

I think the Josie thing is odd. maybe they will finally let us know that something is up with the seizure. The stroller, spoon feeding and all just seams like too much to be explained away as 'normal'.

:clap: on the sleep over. yes there is snark, but hey they were getting some attention. they would never have that experience with their bio mom.

the TH with Derek going on about how 'he can’t see himself with 19 kids now, but blah blah blah G-D, yes, he can down the road’ cemented it for me. This guy has been swigging the cool aid as fast as Jilly-Muffin can serve it up to him. my hopes that he would pull her out to fundy light just died.

I think the Josie thing is odd. maybe they will finally let us know that something is up with the seizure. The stroller, spoon feeding and all just seams like too much to be explained away as 'normal'.

:clap: on the sleep over. yes there is snark, but hey they were getting some attention. they would never have that experience with their bio mom.

Let the bean counter have 5 in 6 years and see what it costs to feed, clothe and house them, especially if TLC is not augmenting his pocketbook...not to mention the time and energy it takes. He'll be wearing the headship title and putting Jilly Muffin in her place, nicely, but firmly, IMO.

Have we ever seen Josie use utensils? I know that fondue involved longer sticks and a raised pot, which would be a reason why they opted to spoon some out for her. I have heard of some preemies having eating issues that they do not want to eat, but she seems to not have any issues when it comes to eating. Looks like the lactose intolerance is gone...

I think she is/was babied to the max and instead of taking the time and being patient with her, it's easier to just shovel it in and go. She probably goes off to do whatever she wants (note the lack of any other kid at the table when Jill is feeding her), and by the time they are a half hour late, they just say screw it and feed her.

Have we ever seen Josie use utensils? I know that fondue involved longer sticks and a raised pot, which would be a reason why they opted to spoon some out for her. I have heard of some preemies having eating issues that they do not want to eat, but she seems to not have any issues when it comes to eating. Looks like the lactose intolerance is gone...

I think she is/was babied to the max and instead of taking the time and being patient with her, it's easier to just shovel it in and go. She probably goes off to do whatever she wants (note the lack of any other kid at the table when Jill is feeding her), and by the time they are a half hour late, they just say screw it and feed her.

This was my thought, too. Lactose intolerance is definitely something you can grow out of and if it's properly managed, a child can be fine within a year or two, depending on the initial severity. But I can see the duggars being the type to just ignore it. Obviously they gave her lactose free formula bc J'chelle wasn't going to cut dairy out of her diet. (Notice how she was all about pumping milk for Josie but as soon as they found out she was lactose intolerant, she gave all that up and it wasn't mentioned anymore.) Either she's gotten more tolerant of it or they give her medication (and we have seen one instance where they gave her some sort of pill and never explained it) or they just don't give a fuck if she gets sick. I'm betting they give her medication. We've seen her eat ice cream and pizza and chocolate over the past year. She and Mac and Jordyn went to the candy shop for their fourth birthdays (even though Jordyn was days away from turning five) and she was liking the chocolate off the table.

I also want to see what happened with Josie. Having a seizure for more than 15 minutes is serious. And of course for the show they hid it until now. I will just clarify that if Josie truly had lactose intolerance (which is really rare in newborns, unlike milk protein allergy which is not uncommon ) that there is no way to breastfeed. Breast milk naturally has lactose and you can't just go dairy free to get rid of it. Milk protein allergy can sometimes be helped if the mom goes dairy free. Considering all of Josie's health issues I can understand why Michele didn't chance an elimination diet to see if it helped.

I HAD THE EXACT SAME THOUGH

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

more privacy - more time for nookie

:nenner: :nenner: :nenner: :cracking-up:

Bens family lives far. They don't have room for all of them to stay. Just another way of keeping him under Boobs thumb and away from his family... Dericks family lives close. No need for them to spend the night.

Was she lactose intolerant or did she have a dairy(casein ) allergy?It is more common to have a sensitivity/allergy against cows milk protein at that age.

What SP said is 100% correct... Joy's hostile attitude towards him spoke volumes to me. Why would she react so hard :D

plus the fact they are closer in age.... :D

so the moving in episode and the engagement episode when she did his hair a little to slowly imo :D

I didn't really notice any attraction between Ben and Joy :? Not sure what everyone else is seeing.

Also, wanted to point out that the age difference between Ben/Jessa, Ben/Joy is about the same. Roughly 2.5 years (2 years 6 months between Jessa and Ben, 2 years 5 months between Ben and Joy). You have to look at when in the year they were born. I, personally, have never had an issue with the age difference. That seems normal to me. Now, Ben being uneducated with no job prospects is what is problematic to me. If he were a 19 year old with a profession, would we be bringing up the age as much? I just think we should focus on the actual issues and not boil it all down to him being younger than her by 2.5 years. And if it were Jessa who was that much younger than him, no one would care either.

Archived