IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Snark for Season 10

MatthewDuggar

Could you give me a bit of info about the home where Jill and Derick are currently living?

When did JB buy that home?

When did he originally fix it up?

Has he previously rented it out?

Has he tried to sell it? If so, what was the listing price?

How much did he pay for it?

Thanks in advance for your time and sleuthing skills.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could you give me a bit of info about the home where Jill and Derick are currently living?

When did JB buy that home?

When did he originally fix it up?

Has he previously rented it out?

Has he tried to sell it? If so, what was the listing price?

How much did he pay for it?

Thanks in advance for your time and sleuthing skills.

I don't know who you are asking but i have some of the answers :D

1) it looks like he bought it in 2010 from the back episodes

2) I think it's been a work in progress because they showed it on tv a lot all broken in and whatnot

3. I doubt he tried to rent it out - because it was not liveable.

4) I doubt he has tried to sell it = and i don't think he will not that his precious jill and his precious grandchild will live for the rest of their lives

5) sounds like he got it for under a 100 grand

if this wrong and someone knows the real answers do spill :D

we love when people with inside knowledge tell us things - well at least I DO :D :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

I don't know who you are asking but i have some of the answers :D

1) it looks like he bought it in 2010 from the back episodes

2) I think it's been a work in progress because they showed it on tv a lot all broken in and whatnot

3. I doubt he tried to rent it out - because it was not liveable.

4) I doubt he has tried to sell it = and i don't think he will not that his precious jill and his precious grandchild will live for the rest of their lives

5) sounds like he got it for under a 100 grand

if this wrong and someone knows the real answers do spill :D

we love when people with inside knowledge tell us things - well at least I DO :D :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

Sorry, yes, I was asking you.

I really want to know when he fixed it up. I hope he did not have it sitting in disrepair for years! I thought I read that he tried to flip it, but had no bites.

I really want to know when he fixed it up. I hope he did not have it sitting in disrepair for years! I thought I read that he tried to flip it, but had no bites.

I think because it was so damaged and he wanted his kids to "learn" they did spend a couple of episodes (meaning years) on it - Kittens episode when Mackenzie was younger come to mind, and then another episode comes to mind.....

even those episodes I sort of mentioned he mentioned that maybe one day one of the kids would live in it and this was I think 2010 -2012

i found this

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2012/10 ... s-and.html

Do you have the address of the house? Message me if you don't want to post it (I think that's against Fj rules) and I will see if I can run a property check and what info in any I will post.

Also this is where the scrubbing of Netflix comes in. I remember him buying a home, but it was small and it took up one if not two episodes of the whole crew cleaning it. It also seemed like a staged cleaning etc. :lol:

mJKLQjz.jpg

yeah this is a totally different house than the little bungalow on netflix.

I would run a check on this property with the address or is there atleast a way to view it on google maps? I could possibly get an address that way. I can find out all the info and more that sassy pants was asking about. :D

yeah this is a totally different house than the little bungalow on netflix.

I would run a check on this property with the address or is there atleast a way to view it on google maps? I could possibly get an address that way. I can find out all the info and more that sassy pants was asking about. :D

This is the mansion (Jill's current residence) not the GM Mary's bungalow.

Gasp- what a change! I cannot believe that the house sat in disrepair for years. An astute business man would have fixed it up, flipped it, rented it or sold it by now-

Did anyone else notice what Derrick says? Talking about the logistics, he says "Oh, how are we going to meet up here, BEFORE we meet up with our chaperones?" (Emphasis mine).

You can see it here:

That is interesting. I didn't catch that bc I was too hung up on "oh wait. We don't need a chaperone. We're married" Seriously?? He sounds so unintelligent in that statement. I really wanted to believe the college boy was smarter than that. But I guess I was wrong.

This is the mansion (Jill's current residence) not the GM Mary's bungalow.

Gasp- what a change! I cannot believe that the house sat in disrepair for years. An astute business man would have fixed it up, flipped it, rented it or sold it by now-

Ah, but an astute self-deluded man who wants to keep and maintain control over his adult children would keep it. And when keeping that control is also good business in the form of reality tv show …

Ah, but an astute self-deluded man who wants to keep and maintain control over his adult children would keep it. And when keeping that control is also good business in the form of reality tv show …

I missed the episodes where TLC paid for the initial clean up and remodel. Was that right after JB bought it or did it sit in disrepair for a couple of years?

Does anyone know what JB does, day in and day or- or has been doing for the last 11 years?

we seen ultrasounds since the first time - I am surprised we didn't see the stick :D

JB probably snatched it up and is saving it for when he opens The Duggar Museum some day. You know he wants to. :cracking-up:

That is disgusting, shame on her parents for breeding so irresponsibly that every mealtime is the hunger games. No wonder Josh got so fat after marriage, first time he didn't have to fight for his lunch. Between that and Jordyn ending up with an empty ice cream cone, these kids are going to have issues-I am glad to see that Jill and Jessa are eating fairly well after marriage, I worried that the rest of the kids were going to end up getting into unhealthy patterns after they are finally free to eat what they want, when they want and as much as they want.

Without the TLC money, they would still be fighting to get food. JB may have some real estate, but without the reality show money they'd have a hard time feeding and clothing everyone. You see if with so many of these fundie families who are not famous and on tv...the children are virtually starving (like that family that is living in a RV and the mother is preggers again). I also think it's disgusting and irresponsible to have so many kids, and then not even be able to afford to feed them properly. They barely get any time with their parents. They don't get to follow their dreams career-wise, and often they don't get enough food or beds of their own. I'm shocked at how many people rave about the Duggars and what wonderful values they have. They come off as very selfish to me! And are waaaaaay to preoccupied with sex and physical contact and making babies. Instead of encouraging their young adults to get to know one another and grow together into a stable and loving relationship where they support and encourage each other, JB and M are always on about kissing and grandbabies! There is more to life than sex people!

Finally watched the episode. Swear to god Jessa got hair extensions to maker her hair look thicker on the ends. (all of them need a good trim). The whole "they got the big house because it's closer". Wow, just wow. Also, the "I had to sneak into the bathroom to get enough food" was very very telling. WTF. Isn't that an admission of child neglect?

IIRC, the house Jill is in was featured a few seasons back. It was the episode where they were watching someone's kittens, and then they found more kittens in that house when they were replacing pipes or wires or something. All the copper pipes had been stolen. I can't imagine how much it cost to get that place in the shape it's in now!

Eta: Google says the episode title is Kittens and Konstruction.

IIRC, the house Jill is in was featured a few seasons back. It was the episode where they were watching someone's kittens, and then they found more kittens in that house when they were replacing pipes or wires or something. All the copper pipes had been stolen. I can't imagine how much it cost to get that place in the shape it's in now!

Eta: Google says the episode title is Kittens and Konstruction.

Yes, aired in 2012. So 2 years vacant.

Can anyone point me towards episodes with Joy and Ben interacting? I want to see this mysterious attraction everyone is talking about.

I am not a weekly viewer, but I do remember 2 episodes where the 2 interacted. The first time I remember them together was when Ben moved to Duggarville and Joy took him around in the golf cart pointing out all of Ben's future responsibilities. Joy was sort of a beeotch to Ben in that episode. I think most of us LOL'd at Joy's treatment of him. The second time was in the engagement episode when Joy was fixing Ben's hair- She actually prompted him about how he was going to wear his do...Jana also reminded him that his clothing needed to be pressed and then she did the chore herself.

Can anyone point me towards episodes with Joy and Ben interacting? I want to see this mysterious attraction everyone is talking about.

What SP said is 100% correct... Joy's hostile attitude towards him spoke volumes to me. Why would she react so hard :D

plus the fact they are closer in age.... :D

so the moving in episode and the engagement episode when she did his hair a little to slowly imo :D

I'm pretty certain the Cat House - now the McMansion - sat for several years in a state of disrepair, during which it was vandalized several times. But that was all before JB bought it and I presume explains how he got it for such a deal.

I do think there was a little truth to what Jessa said about getting the smaller house. I don't think she's too keen on the "proper housewife" and doesn't want to spend her days cleaning on top of cooking and laundry and child care. Having the small house makes it easier for her to keep it clean and keeps the mess manageable so she can have some more down time to do whatever it is she's doing. (Hopefully she's reading or trying to learn some sort of trade. In the very least she could work on sewing and attempt to sell stuff online after the babies start coming.) As jealous as she probably - and rightful - is of Jill for getting the McMansion, I don't think she jealous at all of the extra work of the house and landscaping. Also, she might like to be in a small space. She spent her entire life either crammed into small areas with lots of other people or in a huge space with lots of other people who made it feel small. So now she has a small space that's all to herself. The bigger space might be overwhelming and she might not know what to do with it. :shrug: Just a thought.

I agree that Jessa really seems fine with the smaller house. Plus, the utilities at Jill's have to be astronomical in comparison. Derick has a good job; who knows how much Boob actually pays Ben.

Being allowed to throw a little fit or always getting their way is one thing, but being spoon fed and pushed around in a stroller at age 5 when according to them, she has no delays is not normal. That's just extreme.

My (neurotypical, full-term) son is a week away from Josie in age, and he is BIG. We still use the stroller when we need to get somewhere on a timeframe and keep him locked down. (He's a wanderer and not a good communicator...Joie speaks better than he does) Also, we should probably feed him because when he feeds himself, the food ends up all over his clothes.

So this is typical 5-yr old stuff, nothing to see here...

Archived