IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Snark for Season 10

MatthewDuggar

I don't know if anyone has already posted this, but here's the youtube link for last week's episodes.

youtube.com/watch?v=F6b_5amTceE

Thank you for posting the link! You're awesome!

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they did use Marie Annette, I would permanently read it as Marie Antoinette every time I saw it.

My personal pick is Maya Terras Duggar.

*say it fast...

;) :lol:

Watching last week's episode right now.

Love how Jessa refers to Ben as the “dashing†Ben Seewald. She must be referring to the fact that he's a fast runner, because that boy barely seems capable of figuring out which end is up.

The following conversation about Jessa picking out a wedding dress, where Jessa is trying to discourage Ben from going along:

Ben: Can I come? Please?

Now Ben, you stop that. This is supposed to be a family TV show.

Pretty sure that Jessa is totally lying when she says Guinn is almost exactly like Michelle, when she talks about how much her and Ben's parents are alike. Guinn seems like she's got a lot more sense than Michelle about most things, even if she is fundie.

Guinn is such a beautiful woman. Can't say that enough.

I have never seen Michelle look more insane than she did at the moment where she started in about she and Guinn possibly becoming grandmas in a years time. Even worse, you can see Guinn working it through her head and adjusting her opinion of Michelle. She looks like she's thinking, the wheel may be moving, but that woman's hamster died years ago.

Good lord, Michelle certainly knows how to ratchet up that baby voice to eleventy when she talks to Josie. At least the youngest girls got to go and participate in the wedding dress event.

Ben talking about making sure Jessa chose a modest gown because he tends to get jealous of other men looking at her? Bad. Jessa looking at Ben in a way that clearly says, I'm going to punish you later for saying that, and make you enjoy it? Worse. And squick.

Lol at Josie saying a bride's dress should be blue, and then when her sister asks what color would Josie choose, Josie quickly answers, “pink!â€

I think Jessa made the right decision with the blush wedding gown. The other gowns she tried on just seemed to overwhelm her frame and would be harder to fit her properly.

It strikes me as odd that Jill is saying that she wants Derick home all the time (even though I totally [heh] get it, they are newlyweds and want to spend every moment together. But by that same token, Derick could just as easily say the same thing. I mean, how often is Jill over at the Tinker Toy House taking care of her mother's kids when Derick isn't around. I get that James is one of her sibling-babies, and that's part of why she's tutoring him, but still.

*Sighs* More of Derick's assertions that they were, in fact, married for a month before they became pregnant. Yes, we get it, you didn't have sex and conceive until after you were married. But just so you know, kids, that won't stop people from thinking you both had teh ebil pre-marital sex if Baby Dilly should happen to arrive early for any reason. Just sayin.'

I thought Jill and Derick met at a Duggar Christmas party, or caroling with neighbors and simply didn't remember one another? Derick claims he and Jill first met face-to-face in Nepal. Is that the official show version of events?

Back with Jessa, Michelle just claimed in an earlier scene that Jessa wasn't your typical starry-eyed bride. Fair enough, but now she's telling Josie, “here comes the bride, all starry-eyed.†On the 'all starry-eyed' part, Michelle says it with a hint of sarcasm. Heh.

What's Michelle's problem? When Jessa comes out in the blush gown again, she looks like she's trying to stop herself from having some kind of major meltdown about something. Maybe Jessa was being more cranky off-camera about the whole dress event, and it was starting to get to Michelle. Wouldn't surprise me.

Boy, Jessa must have really pissed off Michelle. When Guinn talks about how pretty the dress is, Michelle agrees, but she's furiously clenching her jaw.

Joyanna sounds really odd when she talks here.

This was long and rambly, but I can't sleep right now and thought I'd get caught up on at least one episode I missed and weigh in. :)

Violet, thanks for the link to the episodes.

Also noticed how Michelle completely ignored Jennifer and Jordyn in favor of miracle preemie at the dress fitting. Both girls were sitting in the back of the group at one point, not interacting with anyone. Michelle either had Josie in front of her or in her lap at all times. She also spoke only to Josie, out of all the littles.

Michelle, you have other young daughters that need your love and affection, too. :(

All episode discussion here for all things Duggar go in this thread.

We start off tonight with the season premiere: Jill's Secret: The family preps for Jessa's upcoming wedding to Ben Seewald. From budgeting to bridesmaid attire, Jessa knows what she wants. Also, Jill shares a life-changing announcement with the family.

Life changing announcement: one time she thought about wearing pants! Oh my! Or maybe she is pregnant as we have heard about from People and the Duggars instagram for the last eleventy months. Stay tuned to find out which thrilling and exciting option it might be!

Maybe she is confessing to accidental dancing!

She was at the mall and danced to Christian rock. That hussy!

Maybe she is confessing to accidental dancing!

She was at the mall and danced to Christian rock. That hussy!

Finally, the dancing confession!! :P

tumblr_n29ut2TnKi1r9t2zdo2_500.jpg

Real talk, you know Jessa is secretly(?) digging being the sexy Duggar and being objectified...that hepher is all about looks and attention But she has precious little wisdom or savvy enough to know all that attention she is bringing on herself is a double edged sword....

I think she has shown in all these courtship / wedding prep episodes that she is a complete opposite personality wise of what everyone assumed her to be based on her looks.

She looks like the ridiculously gorgeous and shallow rich mean girl in every high school movie. She isn't bubbly and chatty so people assumed she was stuck up, like her mean girl stereotype.. Before she started talking about it most here were absolutely adamant that she would demand the biggest, fanciest most bridzillaish wedding ever.

She likes attention -- but for the things she believes strongly in. If you put her in a different environment she'd be any other reality celebrity with a cause. It could be environmentalism, or animal rights or whatever. I think she probably realizes that being a hot young woman gets her more of a following than if she was plain, and she'll leverage that. But she hardly seems to want attention just for the sake of it.

And as to Josh's joke -- if he'd complained about Jessa's being called sexy he would of been called a patriarchal controlling jerk.

I read a different article (people magazine?) and it said that J&A didn't know the sex of the baby and gave it sealed in an envelope to the baker. If that's actually true, I'm surprised how unsurprised they looked in the video. And I don't even mean that they looked like "oh no another girl" or anything like that. Just a bit like "when you're at nr 4, you don't really care anymore".

How sweet of the fat head family to think that other people outside of their family actually care about the gender reveal.

Sorry, they just make me sick .

Well, good for them. I bet they wanted another girl.

It is silly that the "gender" reveal of their fourth child makes the news, but I don't really blame them for it. These sites don't have to report on it.

Here's the names I think might be used for M4:

Madison Suzette

Madeline Suzette

Michelle Suzette

Of course, spellings may vary.

I know that this is old news and random, but I still can't shake the memory of the scene of when Jill and Derrick called Josh and Anna to tell them about the pregnancy, and Anna said "I'm a little jealous but..."

She has 3 kids, one of whom is a year and a half old. Anyone remember when they moved to DC and Anna told someone that she has "baby fever" even though she had just birthed #3 a few weeks prior? Not to mention her saying "hint hint" to Josh while watching a cow give birth. *gag*

She can't be happy for anyone else to have a baby. So, so greedy.

I've been thinking about this for a while. Maybe the reason these woman are so fixated on babies is because, according to Gothard, is their only purpose in life? Most of us who have (or have had) careers can understand how that career and vocation becomes a part of who we actually are. Well for these woman, this is it. If they verbally expressed that they were done having kids, they would actually be saying that they no longer have any purpose at all.

Cults and brainwashing blow-

I think she has shown in all these courtship / wedding prep episodes that she is a complete opposite personality wise of what everyone assumed her to be based on her looks.

She looks like the ridiculously gorgeous and shallow rich mean girl in every high school movie. She isn't bubbly and chatty so people assumed she was stuck up, like her mean girl stereotype.. Before she started talking about it most here were absolutely adamant that she would demand the biggest, fanciest most bridzillaish wedding ever.

She likes attention -- but for the things she believes strongly in. If you put her in a different environment she'd be any other reality celebrity with a cause. It could be environmentalism, or animal rights or whatever. I think she probably realizes that being a hot young woman gets her more of a following than if she was plain, and she'll leverage that. But she hardly seems to want attention just for the sake of it.

And as to Josh's joke -- if he'd complained about Jessa's being called sexy he would of been called a patriarchal controlling jerk.

Had he said "I'm not comfortable referring to my baby sister as 'sexy'", he would not have been called a patriarchal controlling jerk.

I know he was just making a joke, and it probably just translated poorly on paper, but it still made me :disgust:

Well, good for them. I bet they wanted another girl.

It is silly that the "gender" reveal of their fourth child makes the news, but I don't really blame them for it. These sites don't have to report on it.

You know you've been on FJ mocking the J crap too long when you see the video title as "gender" and think "They spelled that incorrectly. It's Jender - oh wait" :lol:

You're right. People didn't have to report on it. TLC doesn't have to film them. But the fact is that people click on the links and buy the magazines and watch the show. If that didn't happen, then People would stop. TLC would go away. I agree in thinking that a lot of people are hate-watching, but it's also our own fault. The more we watch the train wreck the longer it stays on. We did this to ourselves :pull-hair:

If they did use Marie Annette, I would permanently read it as Marie Antoinette every time I saw it.

It would go with Marcus Anthony nicely.

It would go with Marcus Anthony nicely.

Hey! Marie Annette was MY name pick!! :o :D

I would read it as Marie Antoinette, too.

Did they do a morning show today? Or is the "announcement" on tonight's show?? Assuming it's not the Jender reveal, which we know it is.

I've been thinking about this for a while. Maybe the reason these woman are so fixated on babies is because, according to Gothard, is their only purpose in life? Most of us who have (or have had) careers can understand how that career and vocation becomes a part of who we actually are. Well for these woman, this is it. If they verbally expressed that they were done having kids, they would actually be saying that they no longer have any purpose at all.

Cults and brainwashing blow-

yes, I think you've got that exactly right. That is certainly what a lot of women write on these big family blogs. That being a wife and mother is the highest calling possible. That's why they are often reluctant to allow women (or the women themselves are reluctant) to work outside the home - because everything she does has to fit around being wife and mum.

I think it's unhealthy, but then I also think it would be just as unhealthy for a woman (or a man for that matter) to define herself solely by the career she has. The benefit of a "worldly" education - a good one, anyway - is that it opens up your horizons to see that you don't have to be just one thing all of your life. You can have a job, family, hobbies, interests, and hopefully unify them as one well-rounded human being. I don't have a problem with a woman choosing to be a stay-at-home mum - I am one myself - but life got overwhelmingly defined by guilt when I tried to "prioritise" my family in the way some of these women do.

people.com/article/19-kids-and-counting(-)ben-seewald-jessa-duggar-wedding-ring-sneak-peek-video?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

I am surprised that Jinger met Ben at a Ring Shop without another person. That is interesting. Does this mean the Duggar's are laxing on their rules?

Did you all catch this look flash by on Jessa's face when Jana was trying on the bride's maid dress and wouldn't come out of the bathroom? I had to go back and pause it and take a screen shot. :lol:

i-mpfT4zC-M.jpg

Archived