IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Snark for Season 10

MatthewDuggar

What's with People and the Duggars?

MONEY! The far right doesn't buy a lot of copies of something featuring rappers and Khardasians [couldn't care less how to spell it]. The Duggars help sell the rag.....

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not only do I agree with this 1000% but I think they are the master manipulators - where they learned that from I have no idea - but the people magazine article just cemented it for me

1. Jessa will be pregnant. They will not be using any form of birth control while the show is on the air.

2. The adoption thing will be talked about forever. It will likely never happen anyway unless they adopt privately. They would be slapped silly for child trafficking if they try to adopt from any of their mission trip countries.

3. Bin and Blessa are about where my kids were in 7th grade. They think they're the first people to ever have sex, ever to have an opinion and ever to be right about anything. Add to that the fact that they ARE on a mission for God and you have whack-a-doodle crap coming out of their mouths and body language.

4. ON MICHELLE and the kiddos. They've been trying to show her as involved for years. Long ago there was a trip and she says to JB that they need to check the little girls diapers and they pretend to decide to do that. Other than her DESPERATION care for Josie --and hence her better level of bonding with Josie, she's still doing ZIP.

5. The Bates come off better because their show's "people" read every criticism we ever post of JB/M and make sure G/K don't do that!

Maybe Jill fed Josie because she didn't want a big mess or for Josie to get milk all over her right before Jin Jin came. Otherwise, I got nothing.

Did DQ arrange for Jill to take the girls for one night because "Joy Joy" was not available to help with the littles and DQ didn't want to help "Jin Jin"? Also, Derick being around four girls ranging in age from 4 - 9 isn't going to prepare him for a newborn.

I was so happy that Joy got some time to rest and be waited on. I hope she took full advantage of it.

The timing of the events is driving me crazy. DQ really misspoke when she said they were planning another wedding 2 weeks after Jill's when Jessa wasn't even engaged yet. Or did they lie about when that occurred too?

The guy standing upstairs in the Jillerick pee stick pic, could it be Jonathon Horrito (sp?) the guy who is always there with them. His sister Jennifer too.

Outside of the Duggars, who the fuck needs 100 pregnancy tests?! I could see a school nurse buying them (my college school nurse bought condoms in bulk, too, and gave them out for free bc the school wouldn't supply them) but there's really no need to buy them in such a quantity. That just seems ridiculous.

Anyone going through the infertility cycle... it sucks and you test constantly. Trust me, it's not unusual at all.

When Jill & Derrick announced their pregnancy, I noticed that JB hugged her (and didn't seem to want to let go), her sisters grinned hugely and rushed up to congratulate her, followed by some of the other kids. But Michelle remained seated on the couch. What a loving mother. I'd have practically levitated over if it were my daughter.

You know, there aren't a whole lot of moments that seem real and genuine when it comes to the show - but that moment with her dad and sisters sounds like it was a really nice moment. Boob is a douche about a lot of stuff, but he does seem to really love his kids and he seems to be incredibly proud of the way they are turning out (we may not agree with the way they were raised, but at least they seem to be somewhat functioning adults). Not sure why Michelle stayed seated - was there a mob of people all trying to hug them at once? Did she get up at all in that scene to congratulate them? Is it possible she did and it was edited out for some weird reason?

You know, there aren't a whole lot of moments that seem real and genuine when it comes to the show - but that moment with her dad and sisters sounds like it was a really nice moment. Boob is a douche about a lot of stuff, but he does seem to really love his kids and he seems to be incredibly proud of the way they are turning out (we may not agree with the way they were raised, but at least they seem to be somewhat functioning adults). Not sure why Michelle stayed seated - was there a mob of people all trying to hug them at once? Did she get up at all in that scene to congratulate them? Is it possible she did and it was edited out for some weird reason?

I do not think the adult kids are all that independent- or functioning.

They are all coddled and have used JB's name to secure connections, jobs...JB has supplied homes and cars.

What has any one of those kids done on their own?

Securing a job for one's self is pretty basic. Did JD buy his own tow truck? If so, where did he get the money?

It's a little fiedom that supports all those kids.

I had a surgical extraction under sedation. When I woke up, I had vertigo attacks from hell. At least my loving EMT fiancée took care of me, and the feline headship stayed curled up on the bed with me.

They are all coddled and have used JB's name to secure connections, jobs...JB has supplied homes and cars.

Securing a job for one's self is pretty basic. Did JD buy his own tow truck? If so, where did he get the money?

I agree so much with your statement that securing a job for one's self is pretty basic. It is also good for your self-esteem. It also teaches you how to manage your money and live within a budget. These kids appear to have had everything handed to them on a silver platter. It makes you wonder what they will be like 10-20 years from now when the "celebrity" has gone away.

It is the younger kids I really feel sorry for. It is possible that the old ones, while they are "famous" might be able to sock away some money for the future (this is going off the assumption that the 18+ kids have to have their own contracts and money - and maybe it is only the married ones who get that? Again, I don't know the financial set up so...). The littles aren't going to get anything when they grow up and the fame is gone.

Edit - as an aside, I want you all to know that I only started reading FJ between last season and now. Watching the premiere I thought to myself how much delving deeper into this site has changed the way I watch the show. I was snarking the whole time :lol:

Ben's remark about the pregnacy announcement, "they've beaten us again," is so immature and shows in itself that he is too young to become a father. I really hope nature will let them wait a little bit.

Didn't Jim Bob say basically the same thing, before he went into that disgusting bit about how Jill and Derick "figured it out"? Since JB and Ben are basically at the same maturity level, it's not too surprising.

I had a surgical extraction under sedation. When I woke up, I had vertigo attacks from hell. At least my loving EMT fiancée took care of me, and the feline headship stayed curled up on the bed with me.

OMG! You just helped me realise, I have a feline headship too!

Lucky you, having an EMT fiancée to look after you.

I agree so much with your statement that securing a job for one's self is pretty basic. It is also good for your self-esteem. It also teaches you how to manage your money and live within a budget. These kids appear to have had everything handed to them on a silver platter. It makes you wonder what they will be like 10-20 years from now when the "celebrity" has gone away.

I wonder if any of the kids (including over 18 kids) could get through a job interview without reference God/Jesus in any away.

I think it would be great for them to get a job like at Target or the Piggly Wiggly or the mall or IHOP - somewhere where they earn their own money and have to be somewhat politically correct in their conversations and tolerant of people not like them. That *might* open their eyes that all of us aren't what they have been brainwashed to believe about all of us --- that is if they actually shut up and just listened to normal folks around them.

I think that the one thing that really bothered me about Jill feeding Josie is the difference between the way Josie and poor Jordyn are treated. I remember a scene from an earlier episode in which Jordyn at about 16 months old was in her snap on high chair at the dining room table. She was all alone and trying to fork feed herself some scramble eggs. I am pretty sure that this scene along with the other scenes of Jordyn's neglect have been swiffered from at least the Netflix episodes but I do clearly remember them.

My heart is breaking. Seriously makes me feel so sad for that kid.

I would like to truly slap the ever-lovin crap out of Michelle Duggar.

OMG! You just helped me realise, I have a feline headship too!

Lucky you, having an EMT fiancée to look after you.

If there's a cat in the house, it owns you, and itnever lets you forget it.

At first, my fiancée and I agreed on not living together. But that quickly changed when my Meniere's disease got worse. I needed him. Funny story. He thought I was going to make him sleep on the couch...LOL! Nope, moving in came with bedroom privileges.

1. Jessa will be pregnant. They will not be using any form of birth control while the show is on the air.

2. The adoption thing will be talked about forever. It will likely never happen anyway unless they adopt privately. They would be slapped silly for child trafficking if they try to adopt from any of their mission trip countries.

3. Bin and Blessa are about where my kids were in 7th grade. They think they're the first people to ever have sex, ever to have an opinion and ever to be right about anything. Add to that the fact that they ARE on a mission for God and you have whack-a-doodle crap coming out of their mouths and body language.

4. ON MICHELLE and the kiddos. They've been trying to show her as involved for years. Long ago there was a trip and she says to JB that they need to check the little girls diapers and they pretend to decide to do that. Other than her DESPERATION care for Josie --and hence her better level of bonding with Josie, she's still doing ZIP.

5. The Bates come off better because their show's "people" read every criticism we ever post of JB/M and make sure G/K don't do that!

I *really* hope that they don't wind up adopting. Since Benessa have so much visibility, it seems unlikely that they will, but it's quite likely that they'll influence others. It's not Gothard approved, but some other brand of fundamentalists were really pushing adoption recently as a way to spread their religion. Of course, snatching up children from impoverished countries and expecting them to immediately become "saved" and adopt the persona of one of these kids who's been beaten down since birth...doesn't actually work out so well. And astonishingly, the US government does not have much oversight for international adoptions. Google "disrupted adoptions" or "rehomed adoptees" if you'd like to ruin your day. I only recently discovered this via a Reuters article: reuters.com/investigates/adoption/#article/part1 * Completely avoidable tragedies.

*This is my first post, and while I know we're supposed to break the links, I'm not sure if I did so properly. It's a 5 part series which is both informative and heartbreaking.

I *really* hope that they don't wind up adopting. Since Benessa have so much visibility, it seems unlikely that they will, but it's quite likely that they'll influence others. It's not Gothard approved, but some other brand of fundamentalists were really pushing adoption recently as a way to spread their religion. Of course, snatching up children from impoverished countries and expecting them to immediately become "saved" and adopt the persona of one of these kids who's been beaten down since birth...doesn't actually work out so well. And astonishingly, the US government does not have much oversight for international adoptions. Google "disrupted adoptions" or "rehomed adoptees" if you'd like to ruin your day. I only recently discovered this via a Reuters article: reuters.com/investigates/adoption/#article/part1 * Completely avoidable tragedies.

*This is my first post, and while I know we're supposed to break the links, I'm not sure if I did so properly. It's a 5 part series which is both informative and heartbreaking.

Welcome.

I totally agree about the disrupted International adoptions.

In addition, there have been some unfortunate accidents/deaths to some adopted kids from mega families. It is very sad.

There are only so many hours in each day and a mom and dad can only be in one place at one time. Sometimes more is not better for anyone involved.

I got a kick out of watching Jim Bob trying not to crack up during the 'We're pregnant!" announcement. Jim Bob pretty much summed up my reaction. I thought 'Glad it's not just me here laughing at the awkwardness!' Hope for a healthy Baby D though.

I will also mention if I'd have thrown a Bible like Joy and the other girls did when finding out in my childhood, I'd have been given a talking too about it as that was a no no.

My god does Anna ever need to take Jill shopping for a decent bra!

I doubt those Duggars spring for those very supportive and expensive nursing bras. But Anna's certainly containing hers well. Jill's will hanging low when all is said and done.

Dear Duggars,

Please go to Nordstrom and get properly fitted for a bra.

Or just watch this video:

You're welcome,

Jerkit, who before having a breast reduction, was a 32H.

Dear Duggars,

Please go to Nordstrom and get properly fitted for a bra.

Or just watch this video:

You're welcome,

Jerkit, who before having a breast reduction, was a 32H.

Michelle wouldn’t even let the Say Yes To The Dress people help her into a weeding dress because, modesty. I seriously doubt going into store and having someone else measure your boobz is aloud. :penguin-no:

They can spout all they want about adoption. Ain't nobody going to give them a baby! Domestic babies go to people who can't have one of their own. International adoptions are VERY expensive. :fsm:

I am definitely noticing Michelle's vague coldness toward her children more this season, especially as she goes through more wedding stuff with Jessa. I mean, I know she's not warm toward the little ones, either, but I especially notice it with the older kids. Honestly, it reminds me a bit of my relationship with my own mother. She is a very sweet person, but she has no maternal instincts toward me and my sister, and doesn't seem to want to be overly-involved in our lives. I have always attributed it to her losing her mother at 18 -- once my sister and I hit that age, she stopped knowing how to interact with us. Anyway, Michelle didn't seem to have a closeness with her parents/siblings, so I'm curious if that in some way affects her relationship with her own children. I also wonder if she is just emotionally shut down from the years of stress of birthing/raising children and the pressure to be joyful about it, especially with a husband like JB, who truly seems obsessed with children and procreating.

Guess I should have clarified - by "somewhat functioning adult" I meant that the kids are able to get up, dress themselves, feed themselves, etc. They can function on a pretty basic level, but they can still function. JD probably didn't buy his own truck, but (as far as I know) he still goes out and does the job he is required to do. Jill is doing so as well (as far as we know) by keeping house and cooking Baby Dilly for nine months. . . so, according to the Duggar standards (which are very different from our own) they are functional. Sorry for any confusion!

They purposely limited and stifled their own kids, yet they want it known, and even have a show based on the fact that they and their way is superior to the mainstream way of life (in the US).

HOW IN THE HELL CAN THEY BE SO DELUSIONAL AND OFF BASE?

Without JB's money, influence, connections, approval and blessings those kids are nothing, nothing, unless they choose to break away, get educated, get jobs, find housing...find individual identities and speak up for themselves.

Archived