IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Snark for Season 10

MatthewDuggar

If their entire lives weren't one big ongoing production, and if Jessa wasn't a fundamentalist, I feel she would have taken the same route.

I disagree. One can't register for $30,000 in wedding gifts when one elopes.

Benessa's 1000 guest nuptials had nothing to do with being fundamentalists, and everything to do with sheer greed.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell, I never even fed my baby....he had to eat on his own (with a few exceptions) as soon as he started table food (no baby food allowed!).

Hell, I never even fed my baby....he had to eat on his own (with a few exceptions) as soon as he started table food (no baby food allowed!).

My kids did that, as well! Now it's part of Baby-led weaning, but I learned about just putting some mashed up food on the high chair tray from Breastfeeding and Natural Child Spacing almost 35 years ago.

It may not be developmentally appropriate, and that will be Josie's burden when she's older. :Shrugs:- my point being, it's not unusual for the baby of the family to be babied.

Just as it's not unusual for an oldest daughter to be a helper.

Anna looks like "meh.."

Anna hardly looks pregnant here at all, but I think that is because Jill's belly is so out there. But Anna's books are sticking out farther than her actual belly is.

That is disgusting, shame on her parents for breeding so irresponsibly that every mealtime is the hunger games. No wonder Josh got so fat after marriage, first time he didn't have to fight for his lunch. Between that and Jordyn ending up with an empty ice cream cone, these kids are going to have issues-I am glad to see that Jill and Jessa are eating fairly well after marriage, I worried that the rest of the kids were going to end up getting into unhealthy patterns after they are finally free to eat what they want, when they want and as much as they want.

I can just imagine a bunch of feral frumper wearing kids fighting eachother like cats (complete with hissing and growling) over a pile of food. While they are fighting, Jill grabs a slice of pizza in her teeth and drags it into the bathroom to eat like my cat does when she knows she shouldn't have eaten that off the kitchen counter but does anyway. Jana goes for a slice, but Jessa hisses at her, so she ends up with none. Josiah grabs two, but Josh practically steals one of his mouth. At the end of it Jordyn is licking crumbs from the plate because that was all was left.

This. Exactly this.

I'm all for people having the freedom to choose what is best for them when it comes to reproduction. If someone doesn't want to have kids that's cool. If someone decides to use birth control, that's cool. If someone decides an abortion is the right choice or adoption is for them or they could never have an abortion, that's also cool.

If someone decides having a ton of kids is what they want, I'm ok with that. . . so long as you can fucking feed them properly! We snark on the Duggars for so much, but this is the absolute lowest of the lows to me; it's worse than blanket training, worse than courting, and worse than refusing to give them proper educations. Every single child deserves to be fed properly and know that they are safe. Based off what Jill said, that doesn't sound like it happened for her when she was young - for that she (and her siblings) get a huge amount of sympathy from me.

Poor Josie is probably going to be treated like a toddler until she is 18 and makes a break for it. Just because she was the last one to fall out of Michelle's uterus. Someone get Michelle a reborn doll or a kitten or puppy or something just to save poor Josie's sanity. Second thoughts, maybe not a live animal, we have seen what happens to live animals in their house.

This. Exactly this.

I'm all for people having the freedom to choose what is best for them when it comes to reproduction. If someone doesn't want to have kids that's cool. If someone decides to use birth control, that's cool. If someone decides an abortion is the right choice or adoption is for them or they could never have an abortion, that's also cool.

If someone decides having a ton of kids is what they want, I'm ok with that. . . so long as you can fucking feed them properly! We snark on the Duggars for so much, but this is the absolute lowest of the lows to me; it's worse than blanket training, worse than courting, and worse than refusing to give them proper educations. Every single child deserves to be fed properly and know that they are safe. Based off what Jill said, that doesn't sound like it happened for her when she was young - for that she (and her siblings) get a huge amount of sympathy from me.

Enter TLC- JB needed money and he found it. Plus weren't they getting church donations to augment their lives?

It may not be developmentally appropriate, and that will be Josie's burden when she's older. :Shrugs:- my point being, it's not unusual for the baby of the family to be babied.

Just as it's not unusual for an oldest daughter to be a helper.[/quote

Might not be unusual, doesn't make it right. And I speak for myself when I say it is a zillion times harder to parent yourself as an adult/young teenager than it is for your parent to just tell you to grow up.

Obviously my point is moot if Josie really does have delays and need that.

OK.

In terms of doing things wrong in the parenting department, tack this one onto the list.

I find so many of JB and Michelle's parenting decisions reprehensible, I cannot get worked about babying the baby of 19 children. Hell, at least she's had some attention paid. I am far more concerned about how Jordyn was treated. Although Jordyn does seem like a sweet little girl.

I wondered the same thing.

I think its a crew member, there are production lighters right next to him.

Enter TLC- JB needed money and he found it. Plus weren't they getting church donations to augment their lives?

They were living off the cell phone tower and rental incomes--it was more than enough. They just made HORRIBLE food choices--whatever was easiest. Given that a 12 year old was doing the cooking I guess cases of frozen burritos would be ok--except the 12 year old was not an orphan! Her Mom and Dad should have cooked! Honestly, I don't expect Martha Stewart meals every time, but you can do way better than a frozen burrito canned peas. With "Many hands make light work" they should have learned from the Maxwells and made WHOLESOME burritos! But crap is easier and most of America lives on CRAP. Just go to Walmart--have the "grocery" section isn't real food!

Anna looks like "meh.."

I really hope it's because the lighting is terrible and/or Anna has bad eyemakeup, but it looks like she's hiding bruises (between her eyebrows looks like there's a black and blue mark).

I really hope it's because the lighting is terrible and/or Anna has bad eyemakeup, but it looks like she's hiding bruises (between her eyebrows looks like there's a black and blue mark).

She really does look bruised. But maybe she bonked her head on a car door frame or somesuch. I did that just yesterday and I don't even have the excuse of being pregnant. I'm just that bad at judging distances, but I did clonk myself in just about exactly that spot while reaching into the passenger side of my car to dump a tote bag in before moving around to the driver's side. I'm just lucky I didn't break my glasses.

I just watched last night's episode, and they showed JoyAnna in bed convalescing following the removal of wisdom teeth. Huh? Why would you need to be in bed after that? No one I know, including myself, ever needed that. I was knocked out for mine, slept for a couple of hours after I got home, popped vicodin as needed and was back to work in a day.

They flashed back to a couple of the other girls in bed following the same surgery. I don't get it.

That was a WTF moment when I saw Jill spoon feeding Josie last night. If she is able to feed herself there is no reason to feed her. I wonder if she was just moving too slow for Jill? Still doesn't justify spoon feeding her. Ridiculous. I don't think Josie's behavior is out of the norm for a 4/5 year old. I get that it is irritating how Michelle babies her while ignoring the other girls. I feel terrible for the one who was born right before Josie. Jim and Michelle better watch out or those are the kids who are going to cause them a lot of problems down the road.

To me, McKenzie seems like the brat, but that could just be because it is so unexpected for a Duggar to act the way she does. Michelle always looks irritated with Josh and Anna's kids and it makes me laugh. You can tell Anna isn't doing the blanket training right or doing it at all!

I know with the flash backs, a lot of those were the same day as the surgery. It could also be that since Joy has probably finished high school now she doesn't really have anything that she has to go and do. Most of us probably had school, work, activities, etc.

I just watched last night's episode, and they showed JoyAnna in bed convalescing following the removal of wisdom teeth. Huh? Why would you need to be in bed after that? No one I know, including myself, ever needed that. I was knocked out for mine, slept for a couple of hours after I got home, popped vicodin as needed and was back to work in a day.

They flashed back to a couple of the other girls in bed following the same surgery. I don't get it.

it's different for everyone i was out for about 2 days, but we did mine on winter break.

Its the only time she is ever allowed a break because Michelle didn't pop out 19 kids for them to play around and be kids, they were birthed to be slaves. No wonder she is making the most of it.

Its the only time she is ever allowed a break because Michelle didn't pop out 19 kids for them to play around and be kids, they were birthed to be slaves. No wonder she is making the most of it.

And if Michelle or JB had to be waiting on Joy, instead of the little kids, Joy wouldn't be getting waited on, IMO.

Hey, would do you think Joy was doing alone in bed with that computer? Maybe her school work? Certainly not a game, movie or searching the net, LOL!

Some people are fine immediately after, and some people have a really tough time. I had to get multiple other dental procedures done when I got my wisdom teeth out (I was much younger than Joy at the time) and I was OUT. I missed two days of school and was planted on the sofa in front of the TV for several days eating ice cream.

Anyway, I think it's just something you do to be nice when you care about the person, and I didn't think it was odd. It's nice to show some effort when someone you care about feels crummy, even if it's just something like a cold or a dental procedure. Joy's done a lot for her little siblings so I thought it was nice that they either wanted to help her or Michelle made them help her. Either way, it's good.

Ben's remark about the pregnacy announcement, "they've beaten us again," is so immature and shows in itself that he is too young to become a father. I really hope nature will let them wait a little bit.

To me, McKenzie seems like the brat, but that could just be because it is so unexpected for a Duggar to act the way she does. Michelle always looks irritated with Josh and Anna's kids and it makes me laugh. You can tell Anna isn't doing the blanket training right or doing it at all!

I think Josh and Anna's kids are really, really cute. Honestly, I am not really sure where they got it from! They seem very spirited and charismatic. I LOVED that clip of Mac playing drums and Michael looking at her in shock. They just look really happy. I hope Anna's potentially endless pregnancies don't mess up that dynamic. :( Anna and Josh drive me crazy but clearly they haven't messed things up too bad with their kids, because they seem very emotionally well adjusted.

I do think Josie maybe acts a little bratty sometimes - and I don't mean that as a slight to her, because it is clearly, 100%, not her fault, and not any character trait of her own decision. If anything, it just makes me worry about her, because I think her siblings might grow to resent her and she will have trouble transitioning to adulthood because of the very unusual niche she has in that family.

Hannie, Jordyn and Jenni must have really complicated feelings toward Josie. The fact that even on FJ sometimes people can't remember which one is which really says something, IMO. Nobody ever really talks about them as individuals the way they do about Josie. They're just "the little girls."

I don't get the big deal about a stroller for a four year old if they are going on a longish trip. I remember when I was in early childhood education classes years ago and some one was going off on some long philosophical harangue about a 4 year old being carried somewhere by a parent :roll: all the parents in the class burst out laughing at the student, who had 0 life experience. And pointed out that families often need to get from point A to point B in a certain time frame, or want to enjoy an activity. And little kids legs are much shorter and they don't move as fast and there is absolutely nothing wrong with carrying them or putting them in a stroller to make the whole experience more enjoyable for everyone. That not every single action, every single day was about developing autonomy. Sometimes it was just about getting home from the fucking park or getting to work on time.

I wonder if they'll give us an explanation for the ring switcheroo...

Also the phrase 'sexiest Duggar alive" should NEVER have been put into my brain. :ew:

Boob's head must be ready to explode with at that comment about Jessa!

you're lucky! i had mine out and was in bed for about a week, alternating vicodin & ibuprofen to stave off pain and swelling. i was really, really out of it.

eta: the pudding i gorged on was really really good, though :D

Archived