IGNORED

Fasting with the Maxwells.

nomoxian

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh the humanity!!

DO NONE OF YOU KNOW WHERE YOU WILL GO WHEN YOU DIE?!?!?!?!?!?

I've asked to be cremated, so that my loved ones can scatter my ashes in all kinds of places that I would have liked. I've always wanted to be in more than one place at a time.

*passes tray of post-dinner oranges and dark chocolate*

Oh the humanity!!

When I die, I will be cremated and launched into space, only I want to hit a desolate, barren planet. My ashes will mix with native bacteria and, over millions of years, I will evolve into an edible life form. Someone will cook me into something delicious and post on the internet about how tasty I was as a protest against domineering patriarchs and fundamentalist fasting.

And that is where I will go when I die, Steve!!!!!!

Oh the humanity!!

I totally read that as "Do none of you know where you will go when you diet?" initially.

BTW, suck it, Steve—that monster burger with tri-tip was fucking awesome. Spinach salad and apples for lunch tomorrow, but red meat FTW!

Breakfast- Pepsi. Bowl of steelcut oats with a bannana.

Lunch- leftover roast chicken, cabbage salad, feta, clementines.

Dinner- creamy broccoli-potato soup with crumbled feta on top, rosemary bread, carrot salad, clementines, pomegranate.

Between lunch and dinner kicked back another Pepsi. Currently planning night raid on pantry for dark chocolate chips.

Just got back from my meeting where we made idols out of numismatic material. Tonites lite supper was chili with meat AND bacon slighly flavored with brown sugar. Damn it was good! And for dessert little cupcake bites. And one of the items on the agenda was schedulling the club Christmas party which will be at...drum roll...Pizza Ranch! So more gluttony coming up in the next month.

Breakfast: coffee, black

Lunch: more coffee

(I take meds for ADHD in the morning so I almost always forget to eat)

Dinner: Chef Boyardee spaghetti and Steel Reserve, both of which I purchased especially for the FJ Anti-fast.

Edited to add that I know my diet looks awful.

I wish my ADHD meds made me forget to eat!

Ate most of an open bag of fruit snax I found in my purse for breakfast (DS wanted, then refused them during the evil Sunday School in a non-nursing home based church this weekend).

Lunch was leftover soup with grapes, with a banana for a snack. Then more soup AND leftover pulled pork sandwich for dinner with doritos on the side. Just saw this thread & found I had eaten all the animal crackers with icing the past week. So I fixed myself the last of the ice cream.

DH is drinking a homebrew now, and I consumed many diet aldi's sodas today. Yay!

I'm having a bean burrito and pepsi.

(Because Taco Hell got my order wrong. I ordered nachos and a dr pepper. *sulk* Clearly satan has possessed the restaurant workers or something.)

I had yummy coffee with sugar-free mocha syrup and 1/2 &1/2, then a brunch of tuna salad.

Dinner was eggplant parmesan and grilled vegetables.

Later, I shall indulge in another pleasure which the Maxwells would probably think was an overindulgence and an idol, by getting into my bed and snuggling up to my very cute and loving dog.

I wish my ADHD meds made me forget to eat!

It actually kinda sucks.

I am a little thinner than average (was a 27 week preemie and weighed 3 lb at birth, so this is an ongoing issue) and my coworkers will NOT shut up about my failure to eat lunch daily. They're always on me to discuss my lunch or go out with them and most days I am physically not able to do so.

People fail to mind their own beeswax about stuff like eating and it's annoying.

(P.S. My BMI is normal and my doctor has no concerns.)

White Cheddar Cheetos, YES!

I love Cheetos but the orange fingers and face (and shirt if I share them with LF because she has a propensity to wipe her hands on my shirt) are more often than not what keeps me from eating too many.

That's why one eats the baked Cheetos instead of the nice puffy fried ones that melt in your mouth, but leave orange all over everything. For some reason the baked ones don't shed.

I'm having a bean burrito and pepsi.

(Because Taco Hell got my order wrong. I ordered nachos and a dr pepper. *sulk* Clearly satan has possessed the restaurant workers or something.)

That is hilarious Taco Hell switched it to a Maxwellian menu.

Justme, can i haz recipe for beef stew, pretty please? I looove it so much and am always looking for the next great stew recipe to try...

I really want espresso with butterscotch syrup now. That sounds so good, and here I am trying to cut back on the caffeine so I can sleep better.

I also want a Kinder Egg, just because I've never tried one before. Poor me! :cry:

IloveJellybeans, I'm glad you got to eat Jellybeans today. I was actually wondering if you had any earlier. :lol:

Hope you don't mind me chiming in with my favorite beef stew recipe...

Ironically it's called "Steve's Stew" by my family :lol: (after one of my dad's old Texas rancher friends. Steve was quiet - kind of like Mathew in Anne of Green Gables - and he LOVED to make stew. My mom made this one time he and his wife came over for supper and he made such a fuss over how delicious it was that we always called it Steve's Stew from then on).

2 lbs. boneless chuck, cut into 1 1/2 in. cubes

2 Tbs. vegetable oil

1 med. onion, sliced

1 clove garlic

2 cups water

1 Tbsp. salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

1 tsp. sugar

1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

1 tsp. soy sauce

1 Tbsp. vinegar

1 Tbsp. lemon juice

1/2 tsp. paprika

1 lg. bay leaf

1 tsp. Italian seasoning

Dash of allspice

6 carrots, peeled and sliced

1 lb. small white onions, peeled

6 med. potatoes, peeled and cubed

1/4 cup cold water

2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour

---

Cook beef cubes (with the veg. oil) in a Dutch oven over medium heat about 20 minutes, turning often to brown evenly.Stir in the next 14 ingredients; cover and simmer about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaf and garlic. Add vegetables; cover and simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are done. Combine 1/4 c. cold water and flour, mix well; pour into stew, stirring constantly until gravy thickens. Simmer 5 minutes.

Serves 6-8, recipe originally from Country Living Recipes

I had an Awesome Day :

1. I delivered the children to the tender,loving care of the education system. (except the youngest who went to a friend's house to play with her toddler.).

2. I told the headship I was going out for coffee /unbreakfast and,instead of asking for divine intervention, asked him if he wanted to come. I had a flat white and then an espresso and a Portuguese custard tart. Can't remember what the had ship had. It involved sugar and caffeine at any rate. .

3. Seeing it was before respectable drinking time we hung out in a bookshop for an hour or two. I found Christmas gifts for my family (lots of children's encyclopaedias, a bunch of non Maxwell-approved fiction,and a book of the best Aust science writing for 2014) and some birthday gifts for the kids (we're 100% sure that kid's birthdays will be celebrated here since we don't cancel them if the kids get excited or act like kids).

3. Since it was after 12 (and, therefore, officially a respectable time to drink) we went to the pub for lunch. We each had a pint of beer while we waited for our food. Headship had a steak and I had a platter of all sorts of stuff. When we had finished eating we sat around with another pint and talked until we had to leave to go pick up the kids from school.

4. When the kids got home I filled them up with yoghurt and fruit and now I'm cooking them sausages and mash and broccoli because it's easy and I'm slack and still full from dinner. I might even give them carrot cake for dessert. And then I will tuck them off to bed without subjecting them to Bible time. (And then I might eat cake, possibly while worshipping the Beast.)

Thanks, Coco! I am jonesing for beef stew right now. I like to double a recipe and freeze it up for later. Your recipe looks fabulous and I look forward to trying it. :) Steve's Stew, heh. :lol:

I posted this a while ago, It is the Maxwell's weekly menu.

Lillybee » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:24 pm

I just found the Maxwell meal plan. How boring is this?

Here's what our lunch menu is:

--Monday, Sandwiches

--Tuesday, Soup

--Wednesday, Pizza Bread (Bread toasted, then spread pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese: melt in the oven)

--Thursday, Bean Burritos or Breakfast Burritos

--Friday and Saturday, whatever (sometimes leftovers, Macaroni and Cheese, etc)

Dinner Menu:

We have salad and fruit each dinner.

Sunday--burritos

Wednesday--just salad and fresh tortillas

Saturday--homemade soup and fresh bread

Other evenings are variable

Hope this helps!

Do you think the Maxwells are allowed dressing on their salad, or does that risk making an idol out of vinaigrette?

Do you think the Maxwells are allowed dressing on their salad, or does that risk making an idol out of vinaigrette?

They're probably ok with oil and vinegar, as long as it's extra heavy on the vinegar.

I hate vinaigrette. It's ranch dressing all the way for me. 8-)

I have been drinking pepsi since this morning-don't know when 6am was in Maxwell time, but we are at least 4 or 5 hours ahead of America, I think, but I am not sure what time zone they are in.

How is it even possible to concentrate on hours of Bible time and prayer when you've not eaten all day? I have never been that long without food, but in the period just before lunch at school, my already little concentration (I am such a daydreamer!) was diminished by my stomach asking what food we are going to have.

I had a pre dinner Tom Collins. We then headed to our restaurant where I ordered a flight of wine. We split pork dumplings for an appetizer. I ordered the steak flight which has a Boursin stuffed filet and mashed potatoes, elk chop with truffle Mac n cheese, bison with fried potatoes. It was awesome, especially the elk,

I had another flight of wine. Then we split a flight of dessert of bananas foster bread pudding, creme brûlée, pineapple upside down cake.

And then I drank even more wine.

It was awesome.

Yesterday was my birthday. Because I am an evil woman and work outside of the home, when I got to work today a fellow coworker had left me a lovely bag of chocolate caramel truffels on my desk as a belated gift. I fully intend to be a glutton and make an idol out of these all day.

And risk having an immodest, naked salad? :pink-shock:

Archived