IGNORED

Fasting with the Maxwells.

nomoxian

Have you looked at showmethecurry.com? A pair of sisters-in-law who post fantastic videos and and a great selection of recipes.

No I have not. Thanks for the recommendation! :)

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had my lovely long snuggle with the dog, then some lovely coffee, and visited with my Mom.

Now I'm going back and forth between fun (FUN!), lazy-day distractions, housework, and work-related stuff (lesson plans, making rhythm-reading games for students).

I'm still in my nightgown, the Beast is on in the background, and nothing is planned in 15-minute increments, or on post-it notes or chore packs. I drift between activities as I like, knowing that it will all get done because I am responsible for myself.

Soon I shall make an omelet with cheese, leaving the paper out.

I started my anti-fast day by eating a Dunkin Donuts bagel (tomato & matzarella) & a donut. I was up at an early time today. But only because I'm watching a dog (who's owners completely trust me in their house alone) who is 15 years old.

Today I went to Subway and had a footlong sub and two cookies just because I can.

I got a parcel in the mail, a massive tub of Jelly Belly :D Yaaaaaaaaay! :) Ordered it a few days ago, and didn't expect it to arrive for another day or two.

For dinner we are having steak, followed by toffee apple pie :) I also got myself a tub of ice cream :)

Oh man, you've just opened up another internet wormhole for me, noooooo! (er, I mean, thanks!) :lol:

eta: fixing quote tags

Enjoy! Always a pleasure drawing more innocent souls into the abyss with me! She actually has some useful diy tips thrown in.

My breakfast this morning which was washed down with Pepsi at the restaurant in the grocery store where I got my ingredients for strawberry fruit fluff

Strawberry fruit fluff sounds like it may be healthy.

Currently mentoring a high school robotics meeting. Our team is making a robot that will compete against other robots in a recycling playoff. Anyway, eating cold pizza in a very cold high school. But when I get home I will indulge in chocolate cake, Cheez-its and wine. Perhaps even a healthy mushroom ragout.

I had some lovely 12-grain hot cereal for breakfast, topped with lashings of maple syrup and chopped walnuts. Also a piece of sourdough toast with melted butter and tea.

I've been working on my calendar for the upcoming semester, which will include some computer science stuff taught by someone with an actual Ph.D. instead of the posers from ITonramp.

Eating my lunch now, which is admittedly meatless chili - but I topped it with hot sauce, jalapeno jack cheese, and cilantro, so it is definitely not flavorless like the Maxwell burritos

Later tonight we'll do grill night, with hamburgers and grilled quesadillas.

I slept in until about 10 with no alarm. It's about 2:00 PM and I'm still in my PJs. Pretty soon, though, I'll take a really long hot shower and go out for a long walk. Just me! No accountability partners or siblings! I may even say hi to the neighbors I'll see along the way without asking them where they expect to go when they die!

Well after my lazy morning I went out and ran errands, unchaperoned, as I do not fear worldy people.

I filled the car up with gas, put air in the tires, bought new lamp for the bedroom and stopped at Ulta and bought some non-Maxwellian approved hair products.

Seeing as how Panera was on the route, I continued my anti-fast tradition by stopping there. A Bacon Turkey Sandwich, chips and a diet pepsi, and I said yes to the 99 cent pastry, a toffee cookie that I will enjoy later with a cup of coffee.

Not sure how I will spend the rest of the afternoon, other than assemble said newly bought lamp. Probably will find a movie on the beast and take on the daily Pinata Party in Plants vs. Zoombies.

Today I went to Subway and had a footlong sub and two cookies just because I can.

I got a parcel in the mail, a massive tub of Jelly Belly :D Yaaaaaaaaay! :) Ordered it a few days ago, and didn't expect it to arrive for another day or two.

For dinner we are having steak, followed by toffee apple pie :) I also got myself a tub of ice cream :)

I think this is proof that if there is a god, s/he approves of the anti-fast! :dance:

Last night my husband cooked scnhitzel and broccolli and then a plum clafoutis for pudding. And this morning we're abandoning the kids to my Mum and going out for breakers. SO GOOD.

Strawberry fruit fluff sounds like it may be healthy.

Actually its not. I'm using regular cool whip (not the lite kind), strawberry jello mix (with sugar), and sliced frozen strawberries. Only takes about 5 minutes to make. Its full of processed junk.

I had to cancel my snowshoeing excursion today cuz its been above freezing the last three days, today its 42 and I don't feel like walking in slush.

Mine started last night with a homemade poutine night, along with Dr. Pepper, mini Rolos, and a big bag of 5-cent candy. Now I'm lazing around eating all the eggs and toast. Mmm.

Lesson learned: lasagne made with fresh pasta is a gazillion times better than the dried, boxed noodle version. I didn't make the pasta myself but splurged on a package at last night's grocery run. I think I OD'd on it with having a second helping, Headship and the blessings approved, and there's a lot less left for tomorrow than what I would have liked.

Off to see a friend for tea, then potluck. So many things to eat, so little time.

Breakfast today consisted of two Drumstick ice cream cones and a half-pound bacon sandwich. I am lazing around in a ratty bathrobe until I need to get cleaned up for work (which also necessitates working on -- dun Dun DUNNNNN! -- the Sabbath!).

I too will be working the sabbath (well, the Christian sabbath). As I work nights, I will sleep all day tomorrow and then when I wake up, do absolutely nothing. (I have to work again Mon and Tues) No church for me. oops.

Today has been coffee, Marlboros, chimichangas with cheese and salsa and peach tea. As soon as the movie ends (National Treasure 2), I will go get cleaned up to go to a baby shower...with FOOD!!! On my way, I have to stop and get gas and smokes.

When I get home, it'll be teriyaki beef and rice (maybe...depends on how much I eat at the shower), hang the clothes to dry (a whole other story), feed the critters, groom 1/2 of the critters, watch the beast some more, noodle around online and crash.

Tomorrow looks like more of the same.

I DID do the cat litter and take the trash out...but I do that stuff when I feel like it...

That scheduling crap is insane...I can't do that. I write out a "to do" list of what I want to accomplish and that's it. Gotta get the house in order b/c the spouse is visiting next weekend...

Rice and beans, which would not normally be anti-fast for me but considering rice is normally a too-high-carb forbidden food, it is DELICIOUS.

(Also, a metric tonne of salsa verde, fresh cilantro, grilled onions, some leftover pork that didn't fit in the last batch of tamales, and honestly, this is effing DELICIOUS.)

I have a horrible cold and my throat is trying to kill me. To placate my throat I'm feeding it vanilla ice cream and sore throat drops while watching the Barrett-Jackson car auction. Chicken broth/stock/whatever is simmering on the stove. I will use some of it tonight to make chicken noodle soup.

Rice and beans, which would not normally be anti-fast for me but considering rice is normally a too-high-carb forbidden food, it is DELICIOUS.

(Also, a metric tonne of salsa verde, fresh cilantro, grilled onions, some leftover pork that didn't fit in the last batch of tamales, and honestly, this is effing DELICIOUS.)

That comes under the heading of "soul food" for me....YUM

I had a big ole block of stinky cheese and crackers for a snack. Tonight I've decided to celebrate both Chiffonier lad and Steve by making a pot ofspaghetti. crap. I mean crap.

It doesn't sound too crazy, but I'm on a diet!

My anti-fast began last night when my parents took me out to one of the nicer restaurants in town for my birthday (rather belated as I've been sick and didn't want to eat). Highlights of the evening included: baked brie with dried cherries (my favorite of the night), a savory ale and smoked Gouda cheesecake with onion-bacon jam on top, fresh whitefish chowder, chicken with a smoked Gouda and prosciutto bechamel sauce and chocolate peanut butter cake.

I continued this morning with a McMuffin, diet Pepsi and chocolate chip cookies from McDonald's on my way to work. At work there were two kinds of cake to sample (chocolate with cherry frosting and banana with chocolate frosting). I will continue this evening at a post-holiday/Twelfth Night-ish party where I expect rum punch and good food.

Archived