IGNORED

Fasting with the Maxwells.

nomoxian

Midwesterner here. How in the name of all that is pagan have I never heard of Pizza Ranch? Have I been living under a rock? GASP! Have I been living a sheltered Maxwellian life? :cry:

I am also in the Midwest. A Pizza Ranch just opened in the town where we attend church. We tried to go there with our typical after-church crowd one week but the wait was 90 minutes. It must be very good and now I'm determined to eat there very soon.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My heathen family's weekend menu:

Saturday - buttermilk whole-wheat pancakes for breakfast, Coco Brooks calzone for lunch, rotisserie chicken and salad for dinner.

Sunday - toast with goat cheese Boursin and home-brewed espresso made by headship; chicken with chestnuts and root vegetables slow-cooked in red wine and date molasses, Alice Waters' ratatouille, butternut squash, quinoa and cranberry salad, corn bisque and pear-cinnamon coffee cake.

(We don't always eat that well - im procrastinating so as not to study).

Feeeed me too, please!

Feeeed me too, please!

:wink-kitty: tons of food to go around - but be careful what you wish for as im channeling every Jewish mama in my family tree, so when I feed people I do it in all seriousness.

I'm surprised nobody was High blood pressure. Their diet is horrible. And what if nobody likes the menu Steve? Only think about yourself. Get some fresh veggies or some real food up there. Wonder If They Do Thanksgiving

My first post. Although some Pizza Ranches have a fundie bend (Bible verse art and closed on Sunday), the Maxwells would never approve. The generous buffet is a Food Idol and they serve Pepsi! The Pizza Ranch in my town supplies the evil public elementary school with "gift certificates" for a child's buffet (when accompanied by an adult of course). PsyD Junior brings home one every month for reaching his goal of 2000 minutes a month of free reading.

Pizza Ranch last nite was great! Sorry no pics to share but I had two chicken legs, one chicken wing, a slice each of pepperoni, the Stampede, and the Prairie, corn, salad with french dressing, a small scoop each of potato salad, macaroni salad, and cole slaw, water for my drink, and for dessert a slice of cherry pizza. One lady sitting next to me noticed my cherry pizza so she got herself some. All was good only bad part last nite was the half room we reserved we could only have for two hours so we had to leave at 6:30 to make room for other guests. The other half of our room had a birthday party going on. The manager was nice and professional about kicking us out though. Later tonight is game nite at church so more pizza coming.

What's really important is knowing if the waitstaff was able to correctly read and distribute the drink order you supplied ahead of time, and if they know where they're going when they die.

I am afraid that reading about the Maxwells' bean burrito fetish is turning me off them. Every time I think of bean burritos, which is the only kind I eat as I'm vegetarian, I think of that gross recipe.

No Panera for me, but I'll try to find something decadent to eat,

A day early, but Mr. MtL and I just got home from a truly delectable birthday celebration dinner at a restaurant we've long wanted to try, and I've never felt more loved and blessed. An anti-fast repast, indeed. Take that, Stevie. :romance-cloud9:

Tonite I did pizza part deux, no Pizza Ranch this time but Dominos. The pastor made the call on that one. I had a slice each of pepperoni, supreme, and cheese, a can of Coke (no Pepsi available), a dish of vanilla ice cream with strawberry sauce, and a pumpkin bar. For the game portion we played Chronology which is really fun. The Maxwells wouldn't do so well at this game cuz its about history and history is not a subject in the Maxwell SOTDRT. I did hit the gym before hand so all is good. Tomorrow I have coin club and we usually have a light supper after the meeting.

At work I have a 2 lb foie gras, and I'm going to make a terrine tomorrow, among a few other preparations. I will be nibbling a fair amount here an there, and will likely be testing a few pastry recipes for upcoming holiday events. Sounds like a fitting anti-fast, eh Steve?

I signed up for the Maxwell day of fast out of curiosity. The fast started after dinner on Sunday and ends at 6:00 AM Tuesday morning. The Maxwells are devoting 5 hours to prayer starting with the morning Bible time, one hour at meal times, and a prayer at night with the spouse. Water and zero calorie caffeine drinks are allowed. Terri indicated a caffeinated beverage might help one stay awake during the fast. Diabetics are allowed vegetable juice as it has fewer carbs than fruit juice, but are encouraged to contact their health care provider.

Every Maxwell food thread makes me crave an enormous, icy Pepsi... and we don't have a drop of soda in the house right now.

pepsi_zps972cac59.gif

They're using the time they would've spent cooking and eating to pray for even more hours than they already do?

That's so Maxwell.

Ooooh, when Joseph got engaged (to Elizabeth or Elissa, I forget which) he and his parents fasted to pray about it first. Is John courting and/or about to propose to some lucky fundie maiden?

I just ate a ton of chocolate cookies while thinking about how much it sucks to be a Maxwell and wishing for the freedom of every single one of their minds from Steve's clutches, and helpful friends around them to help them adjust to a culture far different than the one they experienced locked inside a cage.

I kicked off my Maxwell anti-fast this morning by getting over to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. I had eggs, toast, bacon, grits, and hashbrown casserole.

Did you know if you get there early, you can get a serving of hashbrown casserole with crunchy, golden brown crust on top? NOM.

I never do fasting anyway because I always wind up light-headed and with a migraine. Suck it, Stevie. :nenner:

The Maxwells are fasting today (blog.titus2.com/2014/11/13/do-you-want-to-join-my-parents/)

We discussed this here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24068

And we are having an anti-fast thanks to the always brilliant Twin2. So tell us how blessed you are in spirit and noms. PsyD gives us the Maxhell rules here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24068&start=80#p831711

Here are my equally made up and not at all spiritual rules, but slightly less cult like.

1. We will run all day (you decide what day means) on November the 17th (or whatever day it is for those in drastically different time zones.)

2. We will eat

3. You get bonus points for animal cracker consumption or pepsi. Or anything that you don't feel like you miss the meat in.

After looking at that "meal plan" I have to ask (since I am new to the Maxwells): Are they vegetarians? Or does the father think meat/protein is an idol?

If so that's extra sad because I remember reading that certain cults limit protein or food portions as a method for mind control - it makes it more difficult to think clearly and critically.

Archived