IGNORED

Fasting with the Maxwells.

nomoxian

Pumpkin cream cheese muffin and half a loaf of homemade olive, sundried tomato and feta cheese bread (it's National Homemade Bread Day!) eaten and thoroughly enjoyed.

No Pepsi (hate soda) but there could be some non-Maxwellian (read: full of flavor) on the dinner horizon to celebrate this sweet occasion.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My kids have been eating animal crackers all morning. Probably like 30 apiece, little gluttons that they are. :lol: And they're about to have oatmeal with yogurt, applesauce, honey and bananas mixed in (mountain time). Cinnamon pop tarts and coffee for me. Pizza later! We'd go to Pizza Ranch - it's awesome - but i don't think i'd like to take a 5 year old and 2 year old to a buffet by myself, (hubs is out of town) that could get messy lol.

Pumpkin cream cheese muffin and half a loaf of homemade olive, sundried tomato and feta cheese bread (it's National Homemade Bread Day!) eaten and thoroughly enjoyed.

No Pepsi (hate soda) but there could be some non-Maxwellian (read: full of flavor) on the dinner horizon to celebrate this sweet occasion.

That sounds amazing. Thanks for the notice about Homemade Bread day! The little monsters and i should make teddy bear bread for fun to celebrate.

I wanna play!

I had a pumpkin spice English muffin, spread with warm maple butter, for breakfast .

Chili is simmering in the crock pot for supper and I will eat a "test" bowl for lunch.

Sometime today I will probably finish off the leftover Chinese, standing in front of the sink, eating right out of the storage container.

My bag of peanut M&Ms sits beside me as I type. Don't want to get weak between meals.

Happy Not Hungry Day!!

I had a skinny bagel with a fried egg, slice of cheese and a few slices of turkey for breakfast. Plus a Diet Coke. Because I'm anti-Pepsi.

Lunch will be a sandwich thin with more turkey, pepperjack cheese, toasted until the cheese is melty.

Dinner- not sure yet. There will be copious amounts of Diet Coke consumed over the day.

I have already eaten a ton of cookies :D Also I let the three year old eat three of the tiny yoghurt pots in a row. Usually I don't, but we don't do an anti-fast every day.

I also bought candy. Monday is candy day in the Jellybean house. I think I should go and buy some cake too.

Im starting to get hungry now, so I will go and eat some pears and cheese and whatever else is in the kitchen.

I signed up for the Maxwell day of fast out of curiosity. The fast started after dinner on Sunday and ends at 6:00 AM Tuesday morning. The Maxwells are devoting 5 hours to prayer starting with the morning Bible time, one hour at meal times, and a prayer at night with the spouse. Water and zero calorie caffeine drinks are allowed. Terri indicated a caffeinated beverage might help one stay awake during the fast. Diabetics are allowed vegetable juice as it has fewer carbs than fruit juice, but are encouraged to contact their health care provider.

Wow, that's awful. After dinner on Sunday to Tuesday morning with nothing at all but water and caffeine? That's a long time to force your poor mistreated adult kids to go without food-most religious fasts are broken after the sun goes down. Especially when they are forced to do nothing but pray, it just seems cruel and controlling.

I had a giant fried chicken breast biscuit this morning with two coke zeros from a bubbling evil soda fountain (no Pepsi; this is Atlanta) in a local restaurant while at a business meeting for my evil job. I have a lunch meeting in which I will likely have a steak and hot chili panini. I just noticed peanut butter Snickers on the coffee cart. I might have that with a sweet and creamy coffee in a sec.

Wow, that's awful. After dinner on Sunday to Tuesday morning with nothing at all but water and caffeine? That's a long time to force your poor mistreated adult kids to go without food-most religious fasts are broken after the sun goes down. Especially when they are forced to do nothing but pray, it just seems cruel and controlling.

Yes, that would be Steve.

Terri sent an email to her "Dearest Sisters" in hunger with multiple Bible verses for motivation. Pregnant women are encouraged to fast from something other than food. I agree that this is a LONG fast. I hope Steve will allow something more than an animal cracker or a skimpy burrito for breakfast on Tues.

I had a wonderful full breakfast at Cracker Barrel, and will now be having lunch at a Steakhouse with a friend. Looking forward to a lovely juicy steak with fries, bread rolls and a salad. Yummy!

This is the perfect day for an anti-(Maxwell) fast, as the food just seems to be getting better and better.

I'm low-carbing it (not in honor of the Maxfast; I've been low-carbing/keto-ing for a while now) so I had a three-egg omelet for breakfast with coffee and cream.

Lunch will be salad and sloppy dog casserole http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/sloppy_dog_casserole.html which is surprisingly tasty even though it doesn't look like much plus I use gourmet hot dogs so maybe that helps.

Not sure about dinner yet, but alas animal crackers and Pepsi won't be part of the menu.

:cry:

Homemade coconut bread (does making it with a bread machine count for Homemade Bread day?) with butter and coffee.

Sandwich with homemade chicken salad and an apple for lunch plus what I might supplement from the work cafeteria as far as soup.

So didn't eat breakfast this morning, but had a coffee from Starbucks during my morning meetings. Now snacking at my desk with a Coke and cheezits. Apparently we don't sell animal crackers in our vending machines anymore :(

7maF8N.jpg

I have an upset stomach today so I'm not sure how much I will be able to partake, but I do have a big pot of ham and beans cooking for dinner later, to be served with cornbread muffins (no cracks in the cornbread for me lol). Maybe if I feel up to it I will go buy cookies and diet coke.

Two cups of coffee with hazelnut creamer (yum) and toast for breakfast, nothing fancy there. Lunch was two vegetarian hotdogs my coworker brought in for me to try (they were actually surprisingly good) and some potato salad, also courtesy of same coworker. Undecided on dinner, I have a few options so I might wait to see what LF wants to eat.

Nothing exciting yet--oatmeal and tea for breakfast and salad bar for lunch--but tonight's dinner of leftovers from my sumptuous birthday feast will be legendary.

I just walked across the street to the hospital and ate at our amazing cafeteria. Local beef sliders with caramelized onions and grilled mushrooms and a Cesar salad.

Got my diet Pepsi sitting on my desk and I just enjoyed a nice big Cobb salad. Will follow it up with the Devil's Food Cake cupcakes my kids made last night especially for this occasion. Every day should be anti-fast day!

Coffee with white chocolate mocha creamer and sugar (I only eat breakfast on weekends), and now leftover three cheese pasta bake (pasta, sauce, spinach, diced tomatoes, and mozzarella, seriously go make this it's awesome), bread, green smoothie, and a small bag of Sour Patch kids.

It's my night to cook; am really not feeling it, so probably something frozen that just needs oven time.

I didn't have time to cook elaborate food today, but I'm going to have a large bowl of delicious potato-and-chickpea soup, with vegetable broth and lots of curry.

Soup is my go-to comfort food in winter, and I love spices. Mmm, spicy food... not on Steveovah's approved list for sure. Too pleasurable, and the word "spicy" has too many sinful connotations... :stir-pot:

Edited for use of a wrong word.

I'm eating a big bowl of porridge with brown sugar and milk and raisins with the kids. For lunch we will try the new Israeli takeaways down the road, and tea will be spag boll.

No Pepsi or animal crackers, but loads of chocolate and coffee and tea.

Because I was running late- I only had a banana and hard boiled egg for breakfast. For my business lunch - yumm! Coke (I don't drink Pepsi) with a Mozzarella Mushroom Burger with waffle fries. I had to box 1/2 of it up because the portion was huge. Tonight we have leftovers from my cooking spree yesterday- we will have homemade Bean and Ham soup, with banana bread and brownies. For my afternoon snack I think a snickers bar left over from Halloween is in my desk drawer calling my name and another coke - I need energy before I go off and run my daughter's Girl Scout meeting this evening.

Edited because apparently I can't spell "Mozzarella" nor can I catch it before I hit submit

Just had a bag of Crunchy Cheetos from the vending machine here at work. I don't normally eat that kind of stuff (too many calories) but they were delicious!

Since I overindulged this past weekend on pizza I have to cut back today. So far I had an apple for breakfast and some potato chips for a snack. After work I go to the gym for workout then to my Coin Collectors club where we usually have a light supper or snack. I let you know what it is.

Archived