IGNORED

Fasting with the Maxwells.

nomoxian

I fully intended to have Panera last night for dinner, but my son called and asked if I wanted to go have Indian food with him and his girlfriend. (They are living in sin, by the way.) Not just Indian food, but Indian buffet! I ate way too much, and had extra naan for good measure. No dessert, but I got home in time to watch Dancing With the Stars, which should count for something.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because I have misremembered things about the Maxwells in the past, and because they just really get under my skin, I will give you the opinion that I once saw a photo of their dinner table with five or six bottled, commercial dressings near the salads. And I am also of the opinion that we talked about the fact that it would be so easy for them to make their own homemade dressings, rather than rely on the pre-bottled ones.

So, yeah, of all things, they do allow tasty – – if sodium laden – – dressings on their lettuce.

Because I have misremembered things about the Maxwells in the past, and because they just really get under my skin, I will give you the opinion that I once saw a photo of their dinner table with five or six bottled, commercial dressings near the salads. And I am also of the opinion that we talked about the fact that it would be so easy for them to make their own homemade dressings, rather than rely on the pre-bottled ones.

So, yeah, of all things, they do allow tasty – – if sodium laden – – dressings on their lettuce.

I'm just glad the poor kidults don't have to eat dressing-free lettuce for dinner.

Happy Birthday, PrairieGirl!

Yesterday was also my birthday, so I ate like a glutton ALL. DAY. LONG. Breakfast was a giant Dr. Pepper and yogurt with almonds mixed in. Lunch was another Dr. Pepper (it was my birthday, after all, why not have 8000 ounces of pure sugar?), a spicy chicken sandwich with lettuce and cheese, and fries from Wendy's. Snack was a Kit-Kat I found in my purse. Dinner was my choice and it was delicious Mexican food. I went to the buffet for seconds, in fact. Cheese and beef enchiladas, rice, beans, what felt like a gallon of nacho cheese over chips, and fried ice cream because my daughter told the waitress it was my birthday and the staff insisted on singing to me.

Then we all had giant pieces of cake with more ice cream.

You remember correctly. I remember this too because at least one of the bottled dressings was Newman's Own, which really surprised me. Surely the Maxwells know that all of NO's proceeds go to charity and I highly doubt many of them would pass Steve's scrutiny. Serious FUN Children's Network? Service Women's Action Network? Schools, environmental and empowerment organizations? Yet another example of Steve's willful blindness.

Steve can you do another fast soon? The anti-fast was so much fun!

I still feel bad for the poor starving adult kids though...maybe not too soon, for their sake. And for our health and waistlines, lol. If I ate like that every day I would probably have a heart attack.

I found Christmas gifts for my family (lots of children's encyclopaedias, a bunch of non Maxwell-approved fiction,and a book of the best Aust science writing for 2014) and some birthday gifts for the kids (we're 100% sure that kid's birthdays will be celebrated here since we don't cancel them if the kids get excited or act like kids).

Books, as well as good food, and books full of reality, no less -- definitely a fine protest to the Maxwells! I congratulate you!

I actually really like dry salad. I didn't start eating dressing until I was an adult. My fave is a big fat calorie laden Caesar with tons of cheese, so I don't indulge myself every time. I do like some Italian dressings and some homemade vinaigrettes, but I'm picky about them.

Though I'm definitely happy to hear there are options for the Maxwells! I'm amazed they don't all have to have whatever Steve prefers.

I actually really like dry salad. I didn't start eating dressing until I was an adult. My fave is a big fat calorie laden Caesar with tons of cheese, so I don't indulge myself every time. I do like some Italian dressings and some homemade vinaigrettes, but I'm picky about them.

Though I'm definitely happy to hear there are options for the Maxwells! I'm amazed they don't all have to have whatever Steve prefers.

ha- me too! not always, but juicy lettuce and sweet carrots, salad is pretty tasty without sauce. :D But on the other end of the salad spectrum Caesar is delicious, and i love blue cheese crumbles and those tortilla strips.

Doesn't he know what an idol that face on the bottle can become?

ANwqvkL.jpg

An aside -- I made the LOL above before reading through the thread, at the first mention of salad dressing, thinking "If they use dressing, I bet it's not Newman's Own!"

I guess I was wrong! Hypocrisy to satisfy your taste buds, Steve? :penguin-no:

• 1 month later...

All ye sinners, post your glutenous ways here!

Much feast and f-n to you all!

I started by anti-fast with the sin of sloth, sleeping late. Now I shall have a breakfast of coffee (with half&half and sugar), 2 eggs over easy and toast (with butter).

DH found roma tomatoes on sale, so I am slow roasting them all day. Tomorrow I am making a Sunday gravy with tons of sweet onions. Monday, DH is making Osso Bucco.

I've changed my anti fast to staying in all day. I may or may not have a pajama day. I will play video games, watch snarkworthy TV and eat lots of chips and salsa that I got at chili's yesterday.

I've changed my anti fast to staying in all day. I may or may not have a pajama day. I will play video games, watch snarkworthy TV and eat lots of chips and salsa that I got at chili's yesterday.

Love this!

I am going to try to make (for the first time) Chicken Tikka Masala.

I fell down the rabbit hole of Younggodlywoman and went to bed at 3 AM so my Anti fast started that way. Left over Mac and cheese for breakfast.

I am going to try to make (for the first time) Chicken Tikka Masala.

You MUST tell me how it turns out, and give me the recipe if it goes well. I love me some Indian food.

Breakfast today consisted of two Drumstick ice cream cones and a half-pound bacon sandwich. I am lazing around in a ratty bathrobe until I need to get cleaned up for work (which also necessitates working on -- dun Dun DUNNNNN! -- the Sabbath!).

I had oatmeal and coffee for breakfast, after sleeping until 9am. Well, sleeping is a stretch. I was lounging around in bed for about an hour after waking at the sinfully late hour of 8.

I am going out to lunch with two friends I am not related to in any manner. We are going to Red Robin so I will have a huge, juicy, hamburger and french fries. And probably a beer or two.

Later, a cousin who I am related to is having a pizza/packing party. She is remodeling her kitchen and some of us are going to hang out for the night and gorge on pizza and wine and help her empty said kitchen in preparation for work starting on Monday. I guess in Maxwell speak we will be working while having fellowship. It will be such a blessing.

My breakfast this morning which was washed down with Pepsi at the restaurant in the grocery store where I got my ingredients for strawberry fruit fluff

post-2459-1445199987514_thumb.jpg

post-2459-14451999875568_thumb.jpg

You MUST tell me how it turns out, and give me the recipe if it goes well. I love me some Indian food.

Have you looked at showmethecurry.com? A pair of sisters-in-law who post fantastic videos and and a great selection of recipes.

Local time is 9:30. I had home-brewed espresso and a bowl of yogurt with a sliced banana, a drizzle of honey and a spoonful of hemp seeds - not sure the M's would even let a package with the word "hemp" into their house.

Puttering around in the kitchen while watching "rehab addict" on the home and garden channel. it features a single mom who's a contractor specializing in restoring older homes, and in today's marathon she is working on fixing up a dilapidated home of a single mom with three kids and another one on the way. She's also quite defrauding and has a crew of construction workers under her authority. Hey, at least she's very lean and fit.

Happy anti-fasting to all!

I began the day with cake. FUNfetti cake with hot pink frosting and pink sparkles! Then I moved on to a bowl of cereal (rice krispy treats cereal!) and will soon indulge in a homemade vanilla latte with maybe some caramel drizzled on top.

For dinner? Possibly Chipotle, where I can get a burrito with some, y'know, flavor! Laden with guacamole, of course.

I'm actually fasting. :( But just until I get some blood drawn, after which I'll eat something sinful.

Puttering around in the kitchen while watching "rehab addict" on the home and garden channel.

Oh man, you've just opened up another internet wormhole for me, noooooo! (er, I mean, thanks!) :lol:

eta: fixing quote tags

Archived