IGNORED

Fasting with the Maxwells.

nomoxian

For breakfast I had a warm, gooey cinnamon roll, a slice of ham, a glass of milk, and a cup of coffee. For lunch I had a mound of brown rice topped with Tasty Bite lentils, red bell peppers, and cheddar cheese melted over the whole thing. In an hour of so I'm going to finish off what's left of a chocolate-covered almond cake loaf thing that I got at Aldi. Dinner is still up in the air at this point.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm home sick today, so my plans to go out and indulge are ruined.

But, this morning I had coffee for breakfast with chocolate peppermint creamer. Then I had a hot dog and pretzel thins with cheese, for lunch. After that I had two mini candy bars that I snagged from my friend's Halloween batch.

I'll check in again around dinner.

Happy Anti-Fast to all.

Just had a bag of Crunchy Cheetos from the vending machine here at work. I don't normally eat that kind of stuff (too many calories) but they were delicious!

Does anybody remember the White Cheddar Cheetos? Those were so delicious I could eat a whole bag in a day. Plus, they didn't turn your hands (and mouth) orange. Aw, memories.

Now I have the munchies.

As it happens, I'm in Yucaipa, CA today, where I'll be swinging by Angus McCurdy's for their signature Dirty McCurdy, which is a bacon cheeseburger topped with tri-tip:

l.jpg

Granted, I'm "only" getting a single; this is a photo of a double, which I think I'll save for my last meal on Death Row. :D

Does anybody remember the White Cheddar Cheetos? Those were so delicious I could eat a whole bag in a day. Plus, they didn't turn your hands (and mouth) orange. Aw, memories.

Now I have the munchies.

White Cheddar Cheetos, YES!

I love Cheetos but the orange fingers and face (and shirt if I share them with LF because she has a propensity to wipe her hands on my shirt) are more often than not what keeps me from eating too many.

White Cheddar Cheetos, YES!

I love Cheetos but the orange fingers and face (and shirt if I share them with LF because she has a propensity to wipe her hands on my shirt) are more often than not what keeps me from eating too many.

I loved those White Cheddar Cheetos! One thing about Cheetos is that my mom found that grackles love them as once one of her step grandchildren left a bag on the patio table, and those birds kept stealing them from the bag.

As for me, I've had coffee, and later I'll have pizza and salad with either Coke or Pepsi depending on where the future headship and I decide to go for pizza. Tonight, I'll have brats for dinner, and most likely beer to go with them, which is something no fundie would approve of, and certainly not the Maxwells.

Taco Bell FTW! I had a *large* Pepsi, AND a burrito with beans and chicken! And I would have missed the meat in the burrito.

Dinner is honey-garlic chicken, which is currently in the slow cooker, fresh jasmine rice (oh that heavenly smell while it's cooking!), and some meltingly tender baby peas with a smidge of real butter and sea salt on the side. :nenner:

I had poached egg on toast for breakfast, followed by probably about 100g of chocolate. Smoked mackerel for lunch (leftovers from Sunday) and a packet of crisps, then an apple because I do know about vitamins.

Cold vanilla milky coffee mid-afternoon (I expect this has a name but I make it myself using instant and vanilla essence) with about half of the pint finishing up the full-fat milk.

At about 5 I had a bottle of Pepsi! This is pretty rare for me so I must have been getting the vibes or something.

Salmon risotto for dinner, using a splash of wine and a fair bit of dill as well as three-coloured capsicums, garlic and four other vegetables.

Strictly speaking this means I didn't have any meat today. I would definitely have noticed if we'd missed out the salmon.

Water and zero calorie caffeine drinks are allowed.

But...doesn't that make caffeine an idol?(Hi Steve! :greetings-wavingyellow: )

Terri sent an email to her "Dearest Sisters" in hunger with multiple Bible verses for motivation. Pregnant women are encouraged to fast from something other than food. I agree that this is a LONG fast. I hope Steve will allow something more than an animal cracker or a skimpy burrito for breakfast on Tues.

Actually, it's a REALLY bad idea to break a fast with a burrito and animal crackers, especially one that's lasting this long. You wanna break it GENTLY.

I wound up having steak salad for lunch, because breakfast was very filling and I was not really that hungry. But it was probably the best steak salad I've ever had.

But I did have three gigantic bread rolls with the salad, piping hot and dripping with butter. Oww, my blood sugar hurts right now. :lol:

And yet I'm still contemplating dessert later for some odd reason. That will probably be some of the homemade pumpkin pie I made, along with a large dollop of whipped cream. I made it with fresh pumpkin from my garden. NOMZ.

So far today--

Two slices of toast with peanut butter, a tangerine, and two cups of tea. (One green with lemon myrtle, which is the best smelling thing ever, the other masala chai.)

Leftover rice bowl with sweet potatoes, onions and peppers, greens, and a creamy tahini-miso sauce.

Dinner is undecided, as I may or may not be meeting up with The Partner later. If I'm out for dinner, I'll probably have a salad so that I can save room for a milkshake.

Oh, this is so unfair. All I've had today is a handful of crackers and ginger ale - damn stomach bug! :crying-green:

When I'm better I'm going to eat the most delicious thing I can think of and dedicate it to the Maxwells.

I just consumed a couple large spoonfuls of crunchy Biscoff spread.

Breakfast was kiefer cuz I was lazy. Lunch was soup, dinner may or may not be smiley fries loaded with cheese and sour cream. I need to get groceries but don't want to leave my warm little habitat for the arctic blast we have currently.

I am loving this thread, and I hope it's really pissing Stevie off!

My day so far: At home, a cup of coffee with half & half and one teaspoon of sugar, along with half of a delicious Honeycrisp apple, the other half consumed by Mr. MtL (the family that anti-fasts together, stays together!)

After arriving at my ebil gummint public library job, a toasted peanut butter sandwich.

For lunch, another Honeycrisp (I'm addicted to them) with two mini Babybel cheeses. Also ate a couple pieces of store-bought sushi purchased on Friday, but it was decidedly underwhelming, so I threw the rest away. If it isn't wonderful, and exactly what you want, why eat it??

Dinner out tonight with Mr. MtL (who calls himself the Good Headship Lollipop in honor of FJ) before an author reading and book signing - more sushi, but made fresh and gorgeous at one of the best restaurants we've found.

Bon appetit, everyone! :lol:

Happy Anti-fast day to all!!

My menu for the day. Breakfast and lunch were normal fare, but still more than Steve will allow his family to eat today.

Breakfast: Raisin Brain, banana, and a cup of coffee (w/ half and half and a bit of sugar, as unlike a Maxwell, I can not take it black)

Lunch: Turkey sandwich on pumpernickel, cottage cheese, apple, tea (with milk and sugar)

Dinner: Stopped by Panera as planned! A Turkey Bravo Sandwich, chips, and a Diet Pepsi! (though caffeine free, cuz I need to sleep). I also got a a Christmas cookie for my $.99 pastry which I shall enjoy with some peppermint hot chocolate watching the beast tonight.

I raise my Pepsi to you Steve! Thanks for anti-fast day (otherwise I would probably be having scrambled eggs for dinner instead of Panera).

I just consumed a couple large spoonfuls of crunchy Biscoff spread.

Breakfast was kiefer cuz I was lazy. Lunch was soup, dinner may or may not be smiley fries loaded with cheese and sour cream. I need to get groceries but don't want to leave my warm little habitat for the arctic blast we have currently.

How have I never heard of Biscoff spread? Is it as yummy as Biscoff cookies?

I whipped up some pumpkin spice cookies from a mix and I have to say they are pretty good. I added chopped pecans and spread them with maple cream cheese frosting. They will be oh so delicious after our chili while we watch last night's episode of The Good Wife.

Also...GINGER GEMS?? Terranova, those look wonderful.

Also also.... Now I'm craving sushi. And everything else that's been mentioned on this thread.

The No Hunger Games are great fun!

Thus far today I have consumed:

A packet of Belvita biscuits

A delicious hunk of homemade bread with butter and boysenberry jam

Tuna salad with bread

A cupcake (it was someone's 50th birthday, one last cupcake remained in the staff room)

A can of Polar Raspberry Lime Seltzer

Leftover moules marineres from last night, made with white wine. And crusty French bread from Market Basket

Tonight is a South Indian-style coconut fish curry with plenty of flavor and spices. I'm excited.

Archived