IGNORED

Fasting with the Maxwells.

nomoxian

I feel like this is a particularly excellent day for me to anti-fast, considering I had the stomach flu yesterday, and, per my doctor's recommendation, have been wheat-free for a week. I've already eaten some delicious full-fat yogurt, an entire pomegranate (it's a snack and an activity!), stove-top popcorn, and various other yummies. I am about to consume a gigantic meal of chicken stir fry and rice. I'll probably eat some sea-salt and vinegar chips later.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm eating a big bowl of porridge with brown sugar and milk and raisins with the kids. For lunch we will try the new Israeli takeaways down the road, and tea will be spag boll.

No Pepsi or animal crackers, but loads of chocolate and coffee and tea.

What did you get from the Israeli take-away? curious minds want to know!

I'm anti-fasting with all my little heart. Toast and blueberry goat cheese for breakfast, washed down with apple-cinnamon herbal tea and Headship's espresso with butterscotch syrup.

The chestnut-root vegetable chicken and Alice Waters' ratatouille I made yesterday, followed by mango yogurt and a banana; for dinner, we'll see. Either frozen pizza or I'll sautee some leftover rice, shredded rotisserie chicken and some broccoli. Maybe both so I can have plenty of leftover - one Headship who is almost as big as our Robert and two ravenous teens make for a high food turnover.

The chicken recipe is in Hebrew - if Google doesn't translate, I will for those interested. http://www.hashulchan.co.il/?CategoryID ... leID=12649

The ratatouille http://food52.com/recipes/14155-alice-w ... atatouille

Maybe I'll pop into the store for some ricotta and make this plain and seemingly amazing cake http://food52.com/recipes/10436-louisa-s-cake

By the way, I made corn bread per the Moosewood recipe - no cracks. Where have I gone wrong?!

Today I had:

- A bowl of Count Chocula

- Sausage, peas and gnocchi with parmesan cheese

- Cookies

- Goldfish crackers that I split with the rugrat

- Red bell pepper

- Coffee

Haven't decided what to have for supper because the headship is at work until 10. Probably just a sandwich since I'm not that hungry.

How have I never heard of Biscoff spread? Is it as yummy as Biscoff cookies?

I whipped up some pumpkin spice cookies from a mix and I have to say they are pretty good. I added chopped pecans and spread them with maple cream cheese frosting. They will be oh so delicious after our chili while we watch last night's episode of The Good Wife.

Also...GINGER GEMS?? Terranova, those look wonderful.

Also also.... Now I'm craving sushi. And everything else that's been mentioned on this thread.

The No Hunger Games are great fun!

Yes! Biscoff spread is made from the cookies. Usually found near the Nutella and peanutbutter.

Tonight is a South Indian-style coconut fish curry with plenty of flavor and spices. I'm excited.

:cupcake:

Headship's espresso with butterscotch syrup.

smiley-coffee_zpsa88cd962.gif

We should post what we eat every day!

:lol:

Since I'm sick, came back into town very late last night (widowed woman traveling alone, GASP), and already ate the few easy to prepare things I had in the house for lunch (detailed for your reading pleasure and Steve's anger on a previous page), I decided to order pizza for dinner.

Pizza, and buffalo chicken wings, and a slice of chocolate cake, to be exact. Dang, I meant to add a Pepsi to that order. I'll have to make due with the Diet Pepsi I have on hand.

I'm not sure what I'll eat today and what I won't eat, but all of that will be consumed sometime in the next four days. Long live the anti-fast.

:pizza: :soda:

I had three pieces of pizza and a couple of breadsticks on Saturday when the granddaughters were over so I'm not going hog-wild tonight. I had Kashi GoLean for breakfast, a leftover slice of pizza for lunch, a banana and a four Mandarin oranges (two Cuties and two Halos) and tortellini for dinner. I've had several cups of tea and an drinking Diet Coke right now.

ETA: I also watched three episodes of Hungry Games with Richard Blais on Food Network.

What did you get from the Israeli take-away? curious minds want to know!

I had a lamb kebab and Mum had a falafel one. Mine was full of Israeli couscous, loads of spices, red cabbage, carrots and spicy lamb. So good and very Un-Maxwell.

Shoot. It's hard for me to have wild food fests these days, since I have a newborn and not a lot of time to eat, let alone cook or go out for great meals--but I would have made sure to do this up right if I could have.

I was able to have quite a bit for dinner since my headship was home to help with the baby: leftover spaghetti, a cheese omelet, sauteed asparagus, and some pita bread with tzatziki sauce. Dessert was most of a chocolate bar (headship ate a tiny piece) and a beer, which I'm finishing now. I'll probably eat some peanut butter out of the jar later, and who knows what else. I still don't have any Pepsi. :cry:

Breakfast: Coffee and homemade pumpkin bread

Lunch- leftover ravioli with homemade Pesto

Dinner French toast and 2 clementines.

No soda- I did have some Crystal Light

No animal crackers

And I went for a walk but not a 14er

Steve and family are going to have to spend at least 2 hours out of their 5 hours of prayer time, wailing for our poor, poor souls!

Twin2, I'm going to add a few minutes to Maxwell's wailing.

Breakfast - Starbucks turkey bacon English muffin & a banana

Lunch - salad with barley pearls, white beans, feta & honey mustard. Pita on the side

Snack - half a Kind Bar and an apple

Dinner - Grilled salmons & veggies

After dinner snack - mini pretzel twists

Healthy and stuck it to Steve! Great combo.

Breakfast: coffee, black

Lunch: more coffee

(I take meds for ADHD in the morning so I almost always forget to eat)

Dinner: Chef Boyardee spaghetti and Steel Reserve, both of which I purchased especially for the FJ Anti-fast.

Edited to add that I know my diet looks awful.

Returning to report that I had a couple of slices pizza, no wings, and only ate half the slice of cake, but added ice cream to it. If Steve is half as shaken up as My Fitness Pal, I've done this Anti-Fast right.

I ATE 8 MACARONS FROM A REAL FRENCH BAKERY BAKED BY REAL FRENCH PEOPLE AND I SAVORED EVERY BITE

DO NONE OF YOU KNOW WHERE YOU WILL GO WHEN YOU DIE?!?!?!?!?!?

Well, I hope to be stuffed into a special capsule and cremated by being launched into the center of the sun. Now that "We" landed on a comet, I'm hopeful that this is actually possible.

Justme, can i haz recipe for beef stew, pretty please? I looove it so much and am always looking for the next great stew recipe to try...

I really want espresso with butterscotch syrup now. That sounds so good, and here I am trying to cut back on the caffeine so I can sleep better.

I also want a Kinder Egg, just because I've never tried one before. Poor me! :cry:

IloveJellybeans, I'm glad you got to eat Jellybeans today. I was actually wondering if you had any earlier. :lol:

I'm late to this shindig. had I realized I was on an anti fast, I'd have indulged more.

Breakfast, eggbeater omlette (made by hubby) and grapefruit,

Lots of coffee with creamer

Lunch, salad (made by hubby) and chicken and noodles.

Supper, chicken breast with capers, half a butternut squash and green beans.

but, my true non fast event... a large coffee with diet cocoa, sugar free carmel syrup and a large shot of Baileys....

Archived