IGNORED

Fasting with the Maxwells.

nomoxian

Breakfast: wheat levain toast-- one piece with peanut butter, the other with homemade marmalade that The Partner says tastes like Paradise

Snack: one piece of every kind of citrus at the farmers' market, followed by a baked spring roll full of well-seasoned cabbage, carrot, tofu, and mushrooms, with some chile sauce

Lunch: Leftover rigatoni with romanesco al forno (think of a baked macaroni and cheese with romanesco in it, and you'd be close); a blood orange; an ounce of dark chocolate

Dinner will be baked gigandes with tomato, onion, honey, and dill, with crusty bread to mop up the juices and mustard greens on the side. I am so excited I can hardly stand it.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you looked at showmethecurry.com? A pair of sisters-in-law who post fantastic videos and and a great selection of recipes.

Local time is 9:30. I had home-brewed espresso and a bowl of yogurt with a sliced banana, a drizzle of honey and a spoonful of hemp seeds - not sure the M's would even let a package with the word "hemp" into their house.

Puttering around in the kitchen while watching "rehab addict" on the home and garden channel. it features a single mom who's a contractor specializing in restoring older homes, and in today's marathon she is working on fixing up a dilapidated home of a single mom with three kids and another one on the way. She's also quite defrauding and has a crew of construction workers under her authority. Hey, at least she's very lean and fit.

Thank you! Curry is my new year's resolution, the only good one I can do so far is chicken tikka.

Rehab addict is also living proof of the evils of non-courtship, what with buying houses with men she's not married to yet.

Cottage cheese midday.

Chinese takeout for dinner.

Walked 6 miles with the dog.

Jesus, I'm almost as bad as the Ms.

Can someone tell me why they r doing a fast. Not sure if it was said in the post.

Also living how so many people on here r doing the anti-fast.

Can someone tell me why they r doing a fast. Not sure if it was said in the post.

Also living how so many people on here r doing the anti-fast.

Because Steve said so.

However according to Sarah it is because "There are such sweet benefits of fasting."

Another Christmas past, and still no thesaurus for Poor Sarah.

Well, my anti-fast concluded with leftover take-out pizza from last night.

Think I will end the day as I started it, with the sin of sloth and crawl into bed early and fall asleep watching the beast.

Breakfast was a granola bar. I usually eat more, but I was running late. First lunch was butter on a toasted rosemary parmesan bagel.

So, here was second lunch:

IMAG0008.jpg

New York style pizza (ricotta, mozzarella and romano cheeses, pesto, and fresh and sun dried tomatoes) and creamy tomato soup. I also had iced tea.

After second lunch, I had this:

IMAG0010.jpg

Ice cream with boysenberries.

No dinner yet, it's still early.

*Sigh* I woke up feeling lousy (again) so Anti-Fast has not been what I'd hoped. USMCDAD brought me some chicken pot pie late in the afternoon and I just finished a cup of applesauce. That's it. :cry:

I hereby seek formal permission from the Anti Fast Committee to celebrate on another date when I can be properly gluttonous. Pretty Please?

Work went well.

My dinner of steak and salad was wonderful, and now I am watching Foreign Correspondent* on The Beast.

I forgot to mention -- part of my day's activities included reading bits of the current book in the bathroom. It happens to be Quiverfull, and I happen to be on the part about the Blessed Arrows people, who chip in to fund sterilization reversals:

blessed-arrows.com/

So that was also a bit of anti-Maxwellishness.

*ETA -- Foreign Correspondent is a film in which the main female character has to be brave, strong and independent, and realize that the father she adores is utterly evil.

Got back from my potluck an hour ago. It was a success as most of my strawberry fruit fluff is gone. We also feasted on barbeque, lasagna, bread, pasta salad, chips, homemade warm dip, deviled eggs, another fruit salad, cookies, apple cake, and some kind of chocolate- vanilla dessert with graham cracker crust with cool whip as the top layer (I didn't eat that, had the apple cake instead). It was also BYOB so I drank AW Root Beer.

Mr Hick and I went to a nursing home, in honor of the Maxwells, and took Mother in Law out for our traditional weekend lunch of Italian food & wine (except beer for MIL--she's a dark beer lover).

I anti-fasted at LGBT Gaymes Night at my UU church, where we ate chocolate chip cookies, brownies, and chips with hummus. I played Cards Against Humanity for the first time; 25% of my table mates were transmen, and 25% were lesbians. I tied for second place.

Now I am home and preparing to continue the anti-fast by baking pitas, a carrot cake, a pineapple rum cake, a big ol' tub of hummus, and a raft of deviled eggs for church coffee hour tomorrow.

I am eating a frozen KitKat in bed while drinking a diet Dr Pepper and watching TV on an iPad.

Pigged out at the shower...catered by California Pizza..., came home, polished off a bag of garlic herb pita chips w/hummus, drinking Mountain Dew and watching The Longest Yard with Adam Sandler and Burt Reynolds...the uncut version complete with cuss words. Too full for the beef teriyaki and rice.

This thread is so much fun. It is my fervent hope that Sarah secretly reads here, gets hungry and pissed off, and says "Fuck this, I'm going out for dinner by myself!!"

Our day: Coffee with half and half; French toast with organic maple syrup and butter for breakfast. Organic dried figs and a chunk of cheddar cheese (a newly-discovered, lovely combo!) packed for Mr. MtL's on-the-go lunch, as he's been working all day. My lunch, a ripe avocado mashed with sea salt and spread on a piece of whole wheat toast. Bowtie pasta with homemade tomato-and-chicken-meatball-sauce for dinner. Lots of leftovers for tomorrow, to see me through work. On Sunday. At my ebil gummint public library job!!

Breakfast: wheat levain toast-- one piece with peanut butter, the other with homemade marmalade that The Partner says tastes like Paradise

Snack: one piece of every kind of citrus at the farmers' market, followed by a baked spring roll full of well-seasoned cabbage, carrot, tofu, and mushrooms, with some chile sauce

Lunch: Leftover rigatoni with romanesco al forno (think of a baked macaroni and cheese with romanesco in it, and you'd be close); a blood orange; an ounce of dark chocolate

Dinner will be baked gigandes with tomato, onion, honey, and dill, with crusty bread to mop up the juices and mustard greens on the side. I am so excited I can hardly stand it.

This food seems suspiciously healthy.

(Delicious though, I love beans of all kinds. I'm weird)

I did have 2 hard ciders and a handful of frozen mini candy bars (left over from Halloween) after the Chinese food...I wonder what my blood glucose is?

I anti-fasted at LGBT Gaymes Night at my UU church, where we ate chocolate chip cookies, brownies, and chips with hummus. I played Cards Against Humanity for the first time; 25% of my table mates were transmen, and 25% were lesbians. I tied for second place.

Now I am home and preparing to continue the anti-fast by baking pitas, a carrot cake, a pineapple rum cake, a big ol' tub of hummus, and a raft of deviled eggs for church coffee hour tomorrow.

I so want to play card against humanity. I don't think most people I know would be amused by it though.

I had Mac and cheese for breakfast. The usual coffee. Then one of my kids made brownies, so I had one of those. I did take my kids to the local forest preserve for a walk- I know it sounds very Maxwellian, we did have fun though. We discussed a local urban legend I'm sure Steve wouldn't approve of. That led to talk about Big Foot and Slender Man. We had a very brief conversation about Butts. I'm pretty sure the Maxwells don't talk about butts. Picked up Jimmy Johns for dinner and made chocolate mousse which made me sick.

I did have 2 hard ciders and a handful of frozen mini candy bars (left over from Halloween) after the Chinese food...I wonder what my blood glucose is?

You still have Halloween candy?!?!

This thread is so much fun. It is my fervent hope that Sarah secretly reads here, gets hungry and pissed off, and says "Fuck this, I'm going out for dinner by myself!!"

I rather like this scenario . . .

Steve reads the thread, gets ravenously hungry, and sneaks into the kitchen to pig out. But, since the Maxwells are always on top of one another, he is caught in the act.

The rest of the family calls him out for being a controlling hypocrite, and they all leave the compound, never to return.

Cheese-paper flags are waved, bratwurst burst from sheer excitement, and the freed Maxwells toast one another with Pepsi.

Because Steve said so.

However according to Sarah it is because "There are such sweet benefits of fasting."

Another Christmas past, and still no thesaurus for Poor Sarah.

Good point about Steve. Where in the world does he gets these ideas.

Hate to brag, but I may have won the unfast. We had to make a pharmacy stop on the way to meet friends so I could wash down a Plan B pill with my unfast-ing gluttonous meal. Does it even matter what I ate at that point? :lol: (I have to laugh or I'll cry at stupidity costing us $50)

We pigged out on loaded pizza at a local joint. It was faaaabulous. And for millionth time in my life I was thankful to be an evil heathen anti-Maxwell.

I have to come back and repost because I think I win the anti-fast, but maybe Squirrely has me beat, not sure.

I ordered pizza from a new place for dinner. It was a bit (15 minutes) late and I called to make sure the driver hadn't gotten lost, as my house is difficult to find.

The driver had indeed gotten lost, and it took them about 15 minutes longer to get hold of her. They felt SUPER bad, apologized profusely, comped me my order and delivered it AFTER closing time AND gave me free cheesecake.

SERIOUSLY GUYS I WIN.

Went out of town.

Yesterday: fish n chips

Ice cream cone

Chocolate covered strawberries

Cheese enchiladas/rice/beans

Mojito

Today: Danishes

1/2 Blueberry bagel

Meatball sandwich

Fudge and candy

Fresh French bread and rotisserie chicken

Oreos

Apparently I don't eat vegetables on anti fasts.

Instead of devoting myself to prayer, I shopped, mini golfed, got a massage, went on a fish feeding semi submersible submarine and went to an arcade (I was with my 10 year old for her birthday) I also watched the beast. Tomorrow: out to breakfast, then burgers, and then cake!

But seriously, squirrely wins!

Pigged out at the shower...catered by California Pizza..., came home, polished off a bag of garlic herb pita chips w/hummus, drinking Mountain Dew and watching The Longest Yard with Adam Sandler and Burt Reynolds...the uncut version complete with cuss words. Too full for the beef teriyaki and rice.

At first I read this as saying pigged out IN the shower. It madee think of Kramer from Seinfield washing his salad while in the shower. I am already nauseous and full from the festivities, I gagged. Haha

Archived