IGNORED

Jill Duggar Pregnant! CONFIRMED! MERGED

actuallyjessica

Better than "Buy Used and Save the Difference"

:ew:

Maybe that's why the test showed up positive.

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I bet they buy in bulk, look on amazon you can get 100 for the price most of us pay for one test at the pharmacy. If you look at the sites that sell the bulk pregnancy tests there are so many women addicted to testing with pictures labeled 8/5 8am 8/5 12pm(4 hour hold) 8/5 6pm (6 hour hold), crazy like 60-70 tests every cycle during what the call the 2 week wait!

Didn't Jill get married on a Saturday? isn't sex a no no on the night before the Sabbath. I guess they waited till 12:01am?

ugh. just ugh. the only thing that surprises me is the timing, that it's so soon after the wedding. even josh and anna went without getting preggers for a little while. it kind of makes one a little...suspicious...if you know what i mean lol. knowing the family, i'm like 99.999999999999999999999% sure that it was a fluke thing, but there's always that part that wonders...*shrug*

my literal first reaction was, "she's never going to know what life is like without kids." she raised her brothers and sisters and now that she's pregnant, she will have zero knowledge of what life is like when it doesn't revolve around babies. kinda sad, to me.

(bolded) My thought exactly! that and a little early to announce it to the world. I was really hoping they would wait a few months before watching the ovulation chart - but that was too much to hope for. I remember when my aunt and uncle got married they were told buy/build a house, marriage and kids are the biggest stresses in the first year of marriage- they did all 3 in the first year- they were super stressed and they lived together first. Mr. Hunting and I heard the same thing when we got married.

It's nuts, I know they have been brainwashed to think this is normal and all of us are evil for not following their gawdly example but for the love of Mike! couldn't they at least get the house settled and wedding pics back?! Jill hasn't even had time to enjoy the quite house without the howlers and J'chelle's whisper voice. :doh:

As for the pregnancy tests- I also wondered the age of the tests but then all of you brought me back to reality- of course she is still testing each month so they are fresh. :roll:

I had a shit day at work and honestly, this cheered me up. Some people are just that fertile; a friend of mine was pregnant two weeks after her wedding. Yes, it sucks that Jill will never know life without children, but that doesn't seem to be anywhere on her agenda, sadly.

Just read the news and all I can say is OH FUCK! Not real smart to announce it this early. Remember Jubilee?

A little bit of extra info from the print edition of People on this blog (it's a good celebrity blog btw with the occasional interesting commentary on scientology too) : http://www.celebitchy.com/382535/jill_d ... ple_cover/

Apparently she got pregnant 2 weeks after the wedding (hope she wasn't on her period on her wedding day then, that must suck).

They reiterate that they will leave the number of children up to God. And Derick talks about going on a mission in maybe as early as 2 to 5 years from now. They will probably homeschool, no surprise there.

Edit : Oh and they're not going to stick to the same initial for all their kids so that's one positive thing.

Just read the news and all I can say is OH FUCK! Not real smart to announce it this early. Remember Jubilee?

I'm sure that they view Jubilee as different. She was number 20/21 not number 1. Plus, you're assuming the Duggars have any real say on when things are announced and that this isn't just TLC's doing. They are contractually obligated to go along, after all. I'm sure it's actually in the contract that they have to tell TLC of any pregnancies as soon as possible.

Announced within days of the Bessa engagement. Wonder if Jessa is annoyed?

Well there goes the midwife thing for good.

Not only if Jessa is annoyed - but does this kind of make for competition or rubbing it in your face kinda thing towards their "good friends" Erin & Chad? I mean , JB & Gil always seem to be in competition, so why not have that go towards the children as well? Especially since Erin & Chad wound up having that miscarriage?

Sorry, mind is running on this news & I'm trying to read thread etc while getting ready to leave for work lol.

I'm not surprised, shocked or saddened by this news. I didn't think they would wait to have kids. I believed Jill when she said she wants a bunch of kids.

Michael K. has a post up about Jill's pregnancy :lol:

For the Duggars, the risk or loss is all the more reason to announce ASAP. This child is very much wanted and loved already, so I don't want to discount the pain Jill and Derrick would feel, but each Duggar pregnancy is also a political statement. In the unlikely and tragic event that they do lose a pregnancy, a very early public announcement at least gives them the silver lining of talking about personhood and specialness.

Not only if Jessa is annoyed - but does this kind of make for competition or rubbing it in your face kinda thing towards their "good friends" Erin & Chad? I mean , JB & Gil always seem to be in competition, so why not have that go towards the children as well? Especially since Erin & Chad wound up having that miscarriage?

Sorry, mind is running on this news & I'm trying to read thread etc while getting ready to leave for work lol.

I don't think they are rubbing it in Erin and Chad 's face. Most fundies announce their pregnancies (very) early.

Haven't read the whole thread yet but WTF is Michelle doing still buying/owning pregnancy tests. Those things expire like a year after you buy them.

I wish it hadn't happened so quickly for Jill but I'm sure they are thrilled. I'm not really bothered by them announcing SO early because I think miscarriages should be less of a hush-hush thing (unless people want them to be hush-hush). I think it's crappy to announce the same week your sister announces her engagement, though.

I love Amy's post on Instagram today, lol.

Maybe they weren't pure on their wedding day. Maybe this is them hiding the fact that they had sex before they were wed! Maybe shes showing cause she's actually further along. And maybe that's why her sisters were pushing multiple tests. They all know each other's cycles, afterall.

A story for the tell all book, I guess ;)

I wondered the same thing!

Also I bet she's due the end of March. I conceived at the very very end of July 2014 and am 5 weeks tomorrow (yay!), and I'm due end of April 2015.

At what point do we admit that the Duggars are really no different than the Kardashians? They both are both fame and money whores. One sells sex and the other sells fake piety. Nothing is private for any of them.

If this was anyone else I would not give it a moments thought. Nothing is wrong with getting pregnant on your honeymoon? Normally I would think its sweet. I guess I am sad for Jill becuase she basically had one month of freedom. She got to be an adult for one whole month before she found out she was pregnant, since we know their world does not consider you am adult until you are married. Now it's back to her old life but she is allowed sex. She had never had a moment where she could make decisions for herself or even think for herself. She never had a chance to find who she is. She was raised to be what her parents wanted and she has continued that as a married woman.

I hold out hope that some of her kids will be able to go to a real college because Derrick seems to have so much college pride.

Also I bet she's due the end of March. I conceived at the very very end of July 2014 and am 5 weeks tomorrow (yay!), and I'm due end of April 2015.

Apparently she conceived 2 weeks after the wedding. That would make her due around the 28th of March.

i'm predicting fraternal twins, a girl and a boy. (just because everything has seemed so perfect for them so far. Some people just seem to have been born with a handle on all the luck, a sister of mine is like that, and so smug it stings, like the luck is due to anything she ever did --anyway /bitter rant lol)

And sadly for Jessa's sake, also predicting that Jessa is going to spend years fuming in the shadows always coming up on milestones after it's old news. Jinger, hopefully goes to college 8-)

Jana, well she'll just have her own quiet life while Jill gets all the attention and applause (and crazy leghumper attention) while Jana just does whatever makes her happy without having to live up to all the expectations and holding to all the requirements of being the speshul favorite.

Haven't read the whole thread yet but WTF is Michelle doing still buying/owning pregnancy tests. Those things expire like a year after you buy them.

I wish it hadn't happened so quickly for Jill but I'm sure they are thrilled. I'm not really bothered by them announcing SO early because I think miscarriages should be less of a hush-hush thing (unless people want them to be hush-hush). I think it's crappy to announce the same week your sister announces her engagement, though.

I love Amy's post on Instagram today, lol.

j'chelle is probably still in denial about the whole season of life change and keeps buying them in the hopes that one day she'll get those two lines...

j'chelle is probably still in denial about the whole season of life change and keeps buying them in the hopes that one day she'll get those two lines...

Michelle will be taking a pregnancy test once a day until the day she dies, even if she lives to be 97. She is addicted.

Its refreshing to hear they aren't doing a theme with their names though.

You know, almost every time Jessa has an announcement, Jill has one. But I am not sure if it's Jill upstaging Jessa as a competition or if it's Jill protecting Jessa. Jessa was obviously uncomfortable in the spotlight while it was only on her, and a lot more comfortable when shared with/overshadowed by her sister. Jill had always been more comfortable performing for the family. Maybe she takes the spotlight off her sister as a form of protection? Taking one for the team so to speak.

Lord knows the parents would never respect their children's wishes/privacy. I'm sure all of them have some way of protecting each other, whether we see it or not. You'd have to in a situation where your entire childhood/adolescence/love life is broadcast for the viewing pleasure of millions each week.

I'm going to guess that Jill & Derick go with D names... Just putting that out there now.

They said in People magazine that they wouldn't be following a naming scheme.

Edit for riffle

I had hoped they'd get to enjoy each other, figure out how to be married/be together. I mean, they've barely been a couple at all. I guess we were right about them chasing each other around the sofa...

I wonder if J'chelle comes up with another story of what she went through as a teenager (like the bulimic story) just to get the attention back to her.

Archived