IGNORED

Jill Duggar Pregnant! CONFIRMED! MERGED

actuallyjessica

Not defending them as such, but just wanted to point out it may not have been a case of marrying during her fertile time but more a case of being sure to avoid her having her period on her wedding night. Which is fair enough. I'm actually happy for them if this is what they want - problem is they're so naive I'm not sure what they want is very wise!

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A little bit of extra info from the print edition of People on this blog (it's a good celebrity blog btw with the occasional interesting commentary on scientology too) : http://www.celebitchy.com/382535/jill_d ... ple_cover/

Apparently she got pregnant 2 weeks after the wedding (hope she wasn't on her period on her wedding day then, that must suck).

They reiterate that they will leave the number of children up to God. And Derick talks about going on a mission in maybe as early as 2 to 5 years from now. They will probably homeschool, no surprise there.

Edit : Oh and they're not going to stick to the same initial for all their kids so that's one positive thing.

Boob said in that article she announced her pregnancy to the family 30 days after her wedding, which means she was two weeks pregnant when she took the test. I did'nt know home pregnancy tests could detect that early

Apparently she conceived 2 weeks after the wedding. That would make her due around the 28th of March.

So she was on her period or near it at her wedding? That sucks!

Boob said in that article she announced her pregnancy to the family 30 days after her wedding, which means she was two weeks pregnant when she took the test. I did'nt know home pregnancy tests could detect that early

The first 2 weeks of your pregnancy are the week of your period and then the week before you conceive. It's a weird concept but when most get a positive test they are 4 weeks pregnant (but 2 weeks post-conception).

Just went over to see if there was any congratulations posted on the @duggarfam instagram account, and not a word since the B+J engagement.

I wonder if Smuggar and Anna are pissed that none of their pregnancies were announced on the cover of People.

Slow news week, plus people wanting to move on from the sadness of Robin Williams. And, Josh and Anna aren't as pretty as Jill and Derick.

I wonder if Anna is upset that Jill got pregnant quicker than she did? Also weird that she is due the same month Jubilee was supposed to be born. I'm happy for them just wish they had more time alone before a baby.

I wonder if Anna is upset that Jill got pregnant quicker than she did? Also weird that she is due the same month Jubilee was supposed to be born. I'm happy for them just wish they had more time alone before a baby.

Not really... there are only twelve months, after all.

i, for one, am thankful to hear someone in the family use the word "pregnant" on TV. Michelle and Anna sound like my grandmother always using "expecting", as if pregnant is a bad word.

Apparently she got pregnant 2 weeks after the wedding (hope she wasn't on her period on her wedding day then, that must suck).

When I married my third husband (I'm a shameless hussy!), the stress caused me to start my period early -- as in, that night. But I also got pregnant from that night. I don't even know how that works, but it did.

There is something just so trashy to me about being on the cover of People magazine, announcing this pregnancy. Mostly because I thought Derrick was a somewhat normal person before marrying into the Duggar family, but here he is! Right up there on the cover, smiling wide, with his hand on Jill's belly. It just feels like such a fame-whore thing to do. I guess the lure of that fame and easy money was too much for him.

A little bit of extra info from the print edition of People on this blog (it's a good celebrity blog btw with the occasional interesting commentary on scientology too) : http://www.celebitchy.com/382535/jill_d ... ple_cover/

They reiterate that they will leave the number of children up to God. And Derick talks about going on a mission in maybe as early as 2 to 5 years from now. They will probably homeschool, no surprise there.

Edit : Oh and they're not going to stick to the same initial for all their kids so that's one positive thing.

http://instagram.com/p/rAvxNeLs0n/?modal=true

that's why she looked so happy here :D

Am glad at least they won't continue with the same initial

Be different

I call Fargus Dillard for a boy

and Wilemena Dillard for a girl

:D

still can't deal with this :D

and not a word from Ben or Jessa hmm

Both Ben's facebook, instagram and Jessa's instagram have been very quite for a couple of days

who wants to think that Jill's announcement lead to a break up :D

no

didn't think so

Ben is off buying condoms

what silly me - he is a new Duggar - he is getting his sperm checked :D

So from the pics I see with the announcement on Facebook- by the little shoes they are holding I guess they are expecting a girl?? I guess it's actually them in the pics, they don't show their faces. Just a guy and gal legs and pair of baby shoes.

I'm sure that they view Jubilee as different. She was number 20/21 not number 1. Plus, you're assuming the Duggars have any real say on when things are announced and that this isn't just TLC's doing. They are contractually obligated to go along, after all. I'm sure it's actually in the contract that they have to tell TLC of any pregnancies as soon as possible.

Not to mention, wasn't J'chelle around 20 weeks when she miscarried Jubilee?

My niece lost a baby at 8 weeks last year. She found out in May she was pregnant again, and was so scared to tell anyone, I thought the baby shower we are planning was going to be a suprise for the guests and not the guest of honor. She came out of the preggo closet last week. She's going to be 20 weeks I think next week.

My step-daughter had 3 miscarriages. She decided early on that she would tell even before week 12, because mourning on her own was painful and she wanted the family to comfort her.

So from the pics I see with the announcement on Facebook- by the little shoes they are holding I guess they are expecting a girl?? I guess it's actually them in the pics, they don't show their faces. Just a guy and gal legs and pair of baby shoes.

Which Facebook page is this photo announcement on? I looked up the Duggar Family and the Jill and Derick pages but didn't see anything.

Which Facebook page is this photo announcement on? I looked up the Duggar Family and the Jill and Derick pages but didn't see anything.

I didn't see this either. And there's no way they're far enough along to know the sex of the baby without DNA tests. She's only 8 weeks according to People, which means the earliest she could see the fetus in an ultrasound was last week.

Not only if Jessa is annoyed - but does this kind of make for competition or rubbing it in your face kinda thing towards their "good friends" Erin & Chad? I mean , JB & Gil always seem to be in competition, so why not have that go towards the children as well? Especially since Erin & Chad wound up having that miscarriage?

Sorry, mind is running on this news & I'm trying to read thread etc while getting ready to leave for work lol.

I think people forget that they are real people with real lives that are separate from the celebrity side we see.

So Jill is announcing now to People, but found out and announced to her family weeks ago. Jessa announced her engagement recently - but probably was proposed to at a different time, and shared the news with people she loves when it happened.

I would think their decisions on when to publicly announce courting, engagements, pregnancies etc is probably a business decision based on driving interest in the show and/or when they think the info will be leaked if they don't say something first. I would think with the spread of social media and everyone having a camera connected to the Internet 24/7, it would be really hard to have any major life event kept secret for more than 5 minutes.

So I don't think her announcing so soon has anything to do with competition, or siblings or friends being jealous, it's just business.

Archived