IGNORED

Jill Duggar Pregnant! CONFIRMED! MERGED

actuallyjessica

How awkward is it that her sisters were badgering her about being pregnant so soon after the wedding? I know these girls were raised differently, but I can't imagine having that many people, let alone your family know the details of your romantic life like that.

I'm against PDA and am a private person, so maybe that's why I feel this way, but I can't imagine kissing for the first time in front of 1,000 people (not to mention it'll be aired in television later) or my family members watching me like a hawk for the first sign of a baby bump. This girls sex life is on display and she doesn't even know it.

Not to mention that in 9 months she'll have her legs spread giving birth perched over a toilet while being filmed by an entire camera crew.

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just realizing they'll have their first baby in March 2015 and they won't even have been married a year. To me that's just nuts. In a few years time they won't even remember what it was like to be newlyweds. Their relationship has been moving too fast from the very beginning.

Boob said in that article she announced her pregnancy to the family 30 days after her wedding, which means she was two weeks pregnant when she took the test. I did'nt know home pregnancy tests could detect that early

I was 9 days late when I found out I was pregnant with my oldest (and after many negative tests)

9 years later (2011), I got a blaring positive 6 days before my period was due! (I also had insanely high HCG amounts, 20,000+ at 5wks) It is possible, and pregnancy tests are relatively sensitive these days.

We all wanted to hold out hope in a way, though I had a feeling this was Jill's fate.

I'm more optimistic for Jessa to avoid pregnancy for at least a year, but I could be wrong about her. She seems smart,

How will Ben cope with not being a 20 year old father :D he just oozes fatherly emotions

wait - I bet he is just jealous that Derick got there first as their discussion on one episode - it's a race don't forget :D

- gotta compete with Derick for the life of him :D remember he says on his fb page how competitive he is :D

wow about the girl shoes. Is it possible they did testing? or maybe took pics with both girl and boy shoes and just released one set to raise interest.

hmmm.

well. hide the wedding photos for three weeks and let people know the sex of your baby the same day it's announced?

makes sense. :lol: :roll:

I am not surprised she is pregnant already. Nor am I surprised they announced it so soon. I knew by the time they got around to airing her wedding she's have been so far ahead.... They should have aired the wedding as a special 2 weeks after. They could have focused the next season on Jessa and the pregnancy.

Jill has always been the biggest koolaid drinker of all the kids. Hopefully, Derik will give her a couple of kids, then slow down the baby making. They cannot pull a "JohnBoy" and take 8+kids overseas on a "mission trip". I hope Derik is smarter than that. :penguin-no:

They are going to miss out on the special time a man and woman share when only they know about their pregnancy. Shame on her sisters for even asking. :naughty:

I'm guessing they were a pair of Josie's old shoes and they didn't have any of the boys little shoes left. Maybe gave them to Anna

Well....

I really don't know how to respond to this.

Part of me wonders if they scheduled the wedding to fall on her fertile cycle days. God knows all those woman in the same house tracking would know each others....

I was taken aback at the shoes -- surely you can't determine sex yet, not without blood tests -- but maybe they like the color.

I'm going to predict that Jill has a home birth with Venessa Giron delivering her, Jana as doula and Michelle as a "support person." The few variations I see possible are delivering at the compound and having one of the trainee midwives doing the actual delivery with Venessa only supervising.

They are going to miss out on the special time a man and woman share when only they know about their pregnancy. Shame on her sisters for even asking. :naughty:

When Erin Bates had her miscarriage at 9 weeks, I thought for sure both the Bates and the Duggars would learn something about why people wait until 12 weeks to publicly announce pregnancies. Seems the Bates did, and the Duggars did not.

Tell your family whenever you want, tell your friends whenever you want, but you really should wait a bit to sell the story to People mag and blast it all over the TV. Don't be so fame and attention hungry that you can't even wait a few weeks to have your news blasted everywhere.

1. It looks tacky and

2. Once your pregnancy is public, any complications are too.

When Erin Bates had her miscarriage at 9 weeks, I thought for sure both the Bates and the Duggars would learn something about why people wait until 12 weeks to publicly announce pregnancies. Seems the Bates did, and the Duggars did not.

Tell your family whenever you want, tell your friends whenever you want, but you really should wait a bit to sell the story to People mag and blast it all over the TV. Don't be so fame and attention hungry that you can't even wait a few weeks to have your news blasted everywhere.

1. It looks tacky and

2. Once your pregnancy is public, any complications are too.

what I am surprised about is that no one said anything when they went to see them for their Morning with Derick and Jill 5 days ago

surely someone must have figured it out and not said anything

Shame people shame

we need more information :D

Is it Jessa's turn yet to make headlines? I know, she can reveal another photo of a portion of her ring. :D

or have Ben hoist her up on his arms :D that would be newsworthy

wait will that happen :D

I got pregnant with twins on my honeymoon, most likely also my wedding night. I was married 9/16 and they were due 6/17 but came 5 weeks early on 5/12. They were 6 lbs 8 oz and 6 lbs 14 oz. If they weren't NICUE preemies I'd have had all kinds of tongues a-waggin' and I think my Dad really did wonder if the NICU stay was staged for his benefit. (Bitter LOL - because if he could have proven I was a pregnant bride I STILL would be catching hell about it, 20 years later...)

My husband was nearing 30 and I was 23, and we wanted 4-5 kids. So we felt like it was right to get started right away, and I am glad we did. He is now nearing 50 and I am only 43, and we are starting to look forward to our time together just the two of us in about 5 years.

When we discussed being alone as a couple, we decided we'd rather that time be spent talking about our history rather than talking about our future. Plus we'd dated nearly 2 years and lived together for a year (engaged 18 months).

SO - even with ALL that stuff said, I am SO sad for them :( I mean, really sad. Because it just doesn't seem like a decision they even got to make. And she got fairly CORNERED into peeing on a stick in a public way. Her BFFs (sisters) were pressuring her - she couldn't "keep sweet" while also telling them to STFU and leave her alone, right? So she acquiesced. I think that is very disrespectful of her headship. What happened to leave and cleave??

Also, it really freaks me out that these two didn't really even KNOW each other at all a year ago, right? And now they are going to be parents together?! It's not like they were high school sweethearts (SOTDT sweethearts) who are finally married. These are two people who didn't know the other one even existed not too long ago. And now they are parents together. Wow. It's like a one night stand that resulted in pregnancy, really. There is no way these two people KNOW each other. Stuff like, She's a night owl and he's an early bird. Or he sleeps through anything (potentially a crying baby). Or that she likes all of her panties folded in a drawer. Or that he has boxers because that was all they had at WalMart when he needed them, but he really prefers boxer briefs. I know that sounds weird but that's the little stuff you know about each other before you embark on parenthood in a normal married couple's life, so that when he does something to surprise you it isn't TOO much of a surprise because you KNOW him. So when he doesn't get up with the baby it's not because he's a lazy ass, it's because he genuinely sleeps that hard.

My husband and I have been together for over 20 years and are truly best friends. But even still, we are going through a marital rough patch right now because we completely disagree about how to handle our newly-turned 18YO sons. I mean, we are FUNDAMENTALLY opposed to each other and it's ugly. What's keeping it from not being a deal breaker and a marriage sinker is our history and understanding of each other. I know/hope that in 20 years J&D will have the same history, but parenting is so hard that I just don't understand how you can happily sustain a good marriage on so little information. It could be that they are an exact fundamental match and will always agree but that would be nearly miraculous. And of course they can't divorce, so they get to just be miserable as one does or doesn't do something with their kids that the other abhors.

we need more information :D

No - we don't.

If this is sarcasm and I missed it, I apologize. I admit I haven't read much at all of the thread. I try to avoid following much of anything about the Duggars.

But this is just sad (massive understatement). And these people need to close the door on the television cameras (and on the money from said cameras) and get on with their lives. Privately, please.

No - we don't.

If this is sarcasm and I missed it, I apologize. I admit I haven't read much at all of the thread. I try to avoid following much of anything about the Duggars.

But this is just sad (massive understatement). And these people need to close the door on the television cameras (and on the money from said cameras) and get on with their lives. Privately, please.

it's sarcasm :D

but I still can't believe a handful of people who just saw them speak at a seminar didn't rush to their computers and tell someone

it was a public event

How will Ben cope with not being a 20 year old father :D he just oozes fatherly emotions

wait - I bet he is just jealous that Derick got there first as their discussion on one episode - it's a race don't forget :D

- gotta compete with Derick for the life of him :D remember he says on his fb page how competitive he is :D

Oh lord! Married and a father before you can even drink! (not that he would..)

wow about the girl shoes. Is it possible they did testing? or maybe took pics with both girl and boy shoes and just released one set to raise interest.

hmmm.

well. hide the wedding photos for three weeks and let people know the sex of your baby the same day it's announced?

makes sense. :lol: :roll:

The shoe choice is extra odd because, to me, those little white fabric baby booties with the laces are the traditional symbol of a "baby" and they're unisex as well. And it's not like money is an issue and they had to use an old pair of Josie's. The little fabric booties are like ten dollars Target.

The shoe choice is extra odd because, to me, those little white fabric baby booties with the laces are the traditional symbol of a "baby" and they're unisex as well. And it's not like money is an issue and they had to use an old pair of Josie's. The little fabric booties are like ten dollars Target.

Something like these on a gender reveal cake :lol: (picked the fundiest cake i could find)

post-10046-14451999367346_thumb.jpg

from here: creativecakesncookies.blogspot.com/2011_01_05_archive.html

I'm actually feeling sad for Jill and Derick. This pregnancy is way too soon IMO. They haven't had time to be a wedded couple.

I really think people are waaaaaaaay over thinking that the baby shoes in the picture are depicting the gender of the baby. She's like what, 7/8 weeks? Gender isn't distuingishable in uss until around 14+ weeks and I highly highly doubt they've had invasive genetic testing done.

I really think people are waaaaaaaay over thinking that the baby shoes in the picture are depicting the gender of the baby. She's like what, 7/8 weeks? Gender isn't distuingishable in uss until around 14+ weeks and I highly highly doubt they've had invasive genetic testing done.

The baby doesn't even know what it is yet :lol:

Archived