IGNORED

Jill Duggar Pregnant! CONFIRMED! MERGED

actuallyjessica

Jill seems to be the one that has drank the Kool-aid more than the other Duggar kids. Of course she was going to do her best to get knocked up quickly. I was hoping Derick would have used his brain a bit more and not buy into this Quiverfull malarky. Oh well. Still time I guess.

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I guess now Jill and Derick ( and the rest of the family of course ) will be invited onto the Today show to cut a cake for the big reveal :roll:

I got pregnant with twins on my honeymoon, most likely also my wedding night. I was married 9/16 and they were due 6/17 but came 5 weeks early on 5/12. They were 6 lbs 8 oz and 6 lbs 14 oz. If they weren't NICUE preemies I'd have had all kinds of tongues a-waggin' and I think my Dad really did wonder if the NICU stay was staged for his benefit. (Bitter LOL - because if he could have proven I was a pregnant bride I STILL would be catching hell about it, 20 years later...)

My husband was nearing 30 and I was 23, and we wanted 4-5 kids. So we felt like it was right to get started right away, and I am glad we did. He is now nearing 50 and I am only 43, and we are starting to look forward to our time together just the two of us in about 5 years.

When we discussed being alone as a couple, we decided we'd rather that time be spent talking about our history rather than talking about our future. Plus we'd dated nearly 2 years and lived together for a year (engaged 18 months).

SO - even with ALL that stuff said, I am SO sad for them :( I mean, really sad. Because it just doesn't seem like a decision they even got to make. And she got fairly CORNERED into peeing on a stick in a public way. Her BFFs (sisters) were pressuring her - she couldn't "keep sweet" while also telling them to STFU and leave her alone, right? So she acquiesced. I think that is very disrespectful of her headship. What happened to leave and cleave??

Also, it really freaks me out that these two didn't really even KNOW each other at all a year ago, right? And now they are going to be parents together?! It's not like they were high school sweethearts (SOTDT sweethearts) who are finally married. These are two people who didn't know the other one even existed not too long ago. And now they are parents together. Wow. It's like a one night stand that resulted in pregnancy, really. There is no way these two people KNOW each other. Stuff like, She's a night owl and he's an early bird. Or he sleeps through anything (potentially a crying baby). Or that she likes all of her panties folded in a drawer. Or that he has boxers because that was all they had at WalMart when he needed them, but he really prefers boxer briefs. I know that sounds weird but that's the little stuff you know about each other before you embark on parenthood in a normal married couple's life, so that when he does something to surprise you it isn't TOO much of a surprise because you KNOW him. So when he doesn't get up with the baby it's not because he's a lazy ass, it's because he genuinely sleeps that hard.

My husband and I have been together for over 20 years and are truly best friends. But even still, we are going through a marital rough patch right now because we completely disagree about how to handle our newly-turned 18YO sons. I mean, we are FUNDAMENTALLY opposed to each other and it's ugly. What's keeping it from not being a deal breaker and a marriage sinker is our history and understanding of each other. I know/hope that in 20 years J&D will have the same history, but parenting is so hard that I just don't understand how you can happily sustain a good marriage on so little information. It could be that they are an exact fundamental match and will always agree but that would be nearly miraculous. And of course they can't divorce, so they get to just be miserable as one does or doesn't do something with their kids that the other abhors.

it's like friends with benefits expect they're married strangers.

So I guess now Jill and Derick ( and the rest of the family of course ) will be invited onto the Today show to cut a cake for the big reveal :roll:

I wish the today show would stop with the Duggar bullshit. Stop giving them airtime. Couples have babies everyday. The only thing special with the Duggars pregnancy is that they have a lot of kiss and keep adding to it

Jill seems to be the one that has drank the Kool-aid more than the other Duggar kids. Of course she was going to do her best to get knocked up quickly. I was hoping Derick would have used his brain a bit more and not buy into this Quiverfull malarky. Oh well. Still time I guess.

Derrick has to be some sort of fundie. What normal college educated man is going to marry into this bs. Unless we like the control he has over her.

When Erin Bates had her miscarriage at 9 weeks, I thought for sure both the Bates and the Duggars would learn something about why people wait until 12 weeks to publicly announce pregnancies. Seems the Bates did, and the Duggars did not.

Tell your family whenever you want, tell your friends whenever you want, but you really should wait a bit to sell the story to People mag and blast it all over the TV. Don't be so fame and attention hungry that you can't even wait a few weeks to have your news blasted everywhere.

1. It looks tacky and

2. Once your pregnancy is public, any complications are too.

if Jill miscarried it equals more ratings. I think that's why they announced it so eaely. Jessa engagement and Jill pregnancy announcement equals ratings. I'm betting Anna might even say she's pregnant too. The portly show continues.

I am not wishing Jill any complications, but she's not so smart announcing it right away. Better safe than sorry. We don't want/need another Jubilee saga on our hands.

:(

Why can't they just enjoy being a couple for a while?

Or enjoy her body the way it was. Can you imagine going from never been kissed to breasts too sore to touch, weird discharges etc in the space of a week?

I really think people are waaaaaaaay over thinking that the baby shoes in the picture are depicting the gender of the baby. She's like what, 7/8 weeks? Gender isn't distuingishable in uss until around 14+ weeks and I highly highly doubt they've had invasive genetic testing done.

It's really not invasive. Just blood getting drawn from the arm. I had my blood drawn at around 10 weeks & knew the sex 2 weeks later. But I don't think you can do the test any earlier than 10 weeks. That being said, unless insurance covers the testing (like mom is over 35 or something) it's VERY expensive. $1000 out of pocket. (Long story, but I got to only pay $25.)

Two week wait (TTW) is usually a reference used by those who were artificially inseminated or had embryos implanted. Waiting to see if what you just spent a gazillion dollars and much time and emotional stress over has in fact resulted in a baby. Sometimes they have been taking drugs that will give them a positive so once they have stopped that drug (HCG, I think?) they might use the test to see when it is out of their system so that when it turns positive later, they know it is a baby not a drug. After all that stress, I think the testing is well-deserved. And I know way too much about this topic!

That may have been the case in the past, but for the last 10+ years its been used by anyone ttc.

I'm not surprised or shocked by this news today by any means, but I did really hope that Derrick might be different and want to enjoy time with his wife before kids.

DQ and Boob enjoyed a few years as just a couple before they had Josh. This is just another thing that they got to enjoy themselves that they have taken away from their kids. They have taken away from their kids the thinking that they can spend time married but without a baby. That is how Jill went into this marriage, thinking that being married and not having a baby was wrong. DQ and Boob constantly drilling it into their children's head that they could not use any evil BC and prevent a pregnancy.

At least we know Jill will be a good mom. Jessa .... not so much.

So Jill talks about her sisters being involved with her taking a test (their mother's test, in her bathroom) but I don't think she mentions Michelle? Too busy seething keeping sweet in a corner?

It's really not invasive. Just blood getting drawn from the arm. I had my blood drawn at around 10 weeks & knew the sex 2 weeks later. But I don't think you can do the test any earlier than 10 weeks. That being said, unless insurance covers the testing (like mom is over 35 or something) it's VERY expensive. $1000 out of pocket. (Long story, but I got to only pay $25.)

Yes but those tests are to check for issues, which I feel like the Duggars would be strongly opposed to since some women abort if they find out about an issue. My guess is either they have no clue or she did one of those intelligender pee tests things and is assuming it's correct or she just has a feeling. Regardless I wouldn't buy them anything pink yet.

I kinda feel that since michelle knows she can't convince she's marrying off her daughters to feel connected again to becoming pregnant. She's going to hold her grand child wishing it was she who was the one expecting. I'm wondering if Michelle is going to take the spotlight off her daughters and put it on herself.

Which was the advice book Michelle and JimBob mentioned that advised them not to get a TV or pets during their first year of marriage, because they would be too distracting during that crucial time? So a puppy or TV is a major distraction, but pregnancy and a baby isn't . . .

She clearly meant they would be too distracting from trying to get preggers. :roll:

Yes but those tests are to check for issues, which I feel like the Duggars would be strongly opposed to since some women abort if they find out about an issue. My guess is either they have no clue or she did one of those intelligender pee tests things and is assuming it's correct or she just has a feeling. Regardless I wouldn't buy them anything pink yet.

oh right, the pool chlorine strips for ph or ...something... whatever they're for. Or maybe one of those chinese calendars! surely they didn't rely on that crap though. lol

Wow, I wake up to 15 pages already on this topic! I haven't had time to read any of this yet, but I wanted to mention that our friends at Crushable gave us a shout out in their new article here:

http://www.crushable.com/2014/08/20/ent ... ar-escape/

Off to try and catch up :)

I don't like anyone in this family at all and this announcement makes me feel so bad for Jessa. Could they not have waited maybe a few weeks or so. Give Jessa the chance to have the limelight. She is a going to be a bride and no matter what I feel about them I would be devastated if this was me and my sister swooped in met a guy, got engaged had a wedding and now days after my own engagement announcement she is pregnant. Also shame on Jim Bob for using all this to make money and allowing this. These people are not the humble christians they make themselves out to be. They are fame whoring cult members whose only views are those of there own. They seem hypocritical in their actions and I just am SUPER ANNOYED by them all.

That is all...

I have to agree with every word. Jessa met Ben and they entered a courtship. INCOMING (Bam!) Jill and Derick steal the show, quite lierally, and ride that publicity ticket all the way to the end of the season and their engagement. Now it's not enough that the whole hype for the beginning of the season is about them as well (wedding). What happens? Jessa and Ben announce their engagement, and within days,...INCOMING (Bam!) Jill announces her pregnancy. :pull-hair: She couldn't wait a few weeks WHY???

You'd think with all the TLC/People money they could afford to buy Jill a decent pair of shoes for her photo shoot...blech.

It makes me sad to think that there will only be nine months out of Jill's life where she won't be tending to kids.

It would be interesting if the baby ended up being a little...."early". I just can't imagine her mother thinking it's a good idea to announce before 12 weeks- especially with her own history of miscarriages. On the other hand, they are watched 24/7 so it's probably super wishful thinking to hope they actually had time alone before the wedding.

@ViolaSebastian I'm a stylist and magazines like People usually have a large selection of shoes that they have pulled for photo shoots (along with clothing and accessories) however for someone like Jill they probably don't want to spend money on a huge production and want her to be "recognizable". I think they probably went through her wardrobe and picked what they thought would photograph best.

They have actually surpassed Kardashian Level Fame Whoring. From now on the Duggars are the standard by which all other fame whoring will be judged.

Move over Kimmy, there's a new queen in town. :disgust:

what I am surprised about is that no one said anything when they went to see them for their Morning with Derick and Jill 5 days ago

surely someone must have figured it out and not said anything

Shame people shame

we need more information :D

Okay, I will admit -- I wondered after seeing the pictures posted over on the QOD threads. In the picture, there is a table that cuts Jill off at chest level. I thought Jill's bosoms looked to have grown and wondered if she might be pregnant. But I thought it couldn't possibly be so and didn't speculate aloud. *sigh*

On the bright side, that crushable story that Curious linked to was hysterical! Makes me wonder if there is a Jambalaya and a Janis Duggar hiding somewhere. Oh my gosh -- what if Janis was Josie's twin?? A less precious little miracle they had to hide away?

I'm not surprised or shocked by this news today by any means, but I did really hope that Derrick might be different and want to enjoy time with his wife before kids.

DQ and Boob enjoyed a few years as just a couple before they had Josh. This is just another thing that they got to enjoy themselves that they have taken away from their kids. They have taken away from their kids the thinking that they can spend time married but without a baby.

It's worse when you think about the fact that when their one year marriage anniversary comes along they'll have a two month old infant.

DQ and Boob enjoyed a few years as just a couple before they had Josh. This is just another thing that they got to enjoy themselves that they have taken away from their kids. They have taken away from their kids the thinking that they can spend time married but without a baby. That is how Jill went into this marriage, thinking that being married and not having a baby was wrong. DQ and Boob constantly drilling it into their children's head that they could not use any evil BC and prevent a pregnancy.

But even if Derrick did want to wait for children and Jill wanted to travel and do ministry around the world without being pregnant they don't have the education to know how to go about that. At least, growing up Catholic, I learned about the rhythm method (and how it almost never works) and using ovulation sticks to know what days are better depending on whether you want kids or not. But kids raised in the Quiverfull movement aren't even told that much. And if they somehow managed to hear about this, they are also taught that its wrong and sinful. I guess once they have moved into their own house they could have internet access and learn about things but not in time for the wedding night....

Archived