IGNORED

Jill Duggar Pregnant! CONFIRMED! MERGED

actuallyjessica

No surprises there! I'm happy that she's got what she wants. And unlike some of you, I'm not worried about them not having time to themselves. There are lots of couples that have children right away, fundy and not, that do perfectly fine. Twenty-four is a perfectly reasonable age to have a baby if you're ready for it. I AM worried how her life will be when she has six children at thirty, and can't stop, but that has little to do with the joy of a first baby.

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally decided to become a member, after all I spend much time that I would like to admit reading this forum.

Anyways, am I the only one that is super annoyed by the fact that these fame-seeking Christian Quiverfull Kardashians are not making a bigger deal about the news that Derrick mom's is cancer free? Is that not big enough news for them? (maybe because it does not involve hand sex).

First time poster, long time lurker!!

Jill is going to be just like her mother. I mean they have been married 30 days and she is already pregnant. There is nothing wrong with that if they weren't trying but I know they were. They didn't let their relationship set before they started having kids.

I have always thought Jill was the most down to earth of her family, but she took that gun she put on her registy and shot down Jessa's thunder. She shouldn't have said anything this early anyway, she has seen hundreds of pregnancies she should know the risks of telling to early.

Which Facebook page is this photo announcement on? I looked up the Duggar Family and the Jill and Derick pages but didn't see anything.

There are these :

tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids-and-counting/photos/jill-derick-newlywed-pictures.htm

facebook.com/19KidsandCounting/photos/a.448311505520.372107.174015830520/10154505404530521/?type=1&relevant_count=1

They did front-hug before the wedding. That's how babies are made, right?

This is exactly what I was thinking. That must have been why the engagement period was so short.

Remember how scandalized Jim Bob and Michelle were by the front hug?

I feel so disappointed by this news. I really hoped (although doubted) that they would not end up having a clusterfuck of kids. I kept hoping to not hear news of a pregnancy. I hope that they are having one early obligation child and then hopefully they spread the kids out a couple of years. Maybe Derick will start "faking it" and later on get a vasectomy. I really didn't think he was batshit crazy enough to go along with this.

I finally decided to become a member, after all I spend much time that I would like to admit reading this forum.

Anyways, am I the only one that is super annoyed by the fact that these fame-seeking Christian Quiverfull Kardashians are not making a bigger deal about the news that Derrick mom's is cancer free? Is that not big enough news for them? (maybe because it does not involve hand sex).

That's great that Derrick's mother is cancer free!!

As someone else already pointed out, now that she's been married for 2 months, what else does she have to do? Going to lunch & dinner with hubby at chain restaurants must eventually get boring. I agree with the poster who pointed out that at least Erin is teaching piano etc., but what exactly are Jill and Alyssa doing now that they're married? I'm sorry that Erin had a miscarriage, but at least it gives her and Chad more time to "just" be a couple. I also agree with the poster who said that Jill is the "next generation" Michelle (as evidenced in the quote below).

Jill took several tests at her and Derick’s home, but always received negative results. It wasn’t until the couple was visiting Jill’s parents that they received the exciting news. One of Jill’s sisters persuaded her to take one of their mother’s tests.

“My sisters were asking if I was pregnant and I’m like ‘nooo’ and they’re like ‘Well, mom has pregnancy tests upstairs and you could be pregnant so you should take one!’†Jill recalled . Although a bit hesitant, Jill took the test which showed what she had been hoping for all along … a positive result!

The whole thing about the pregnancy tests is just weird imo (but considering their mind frame, it makes sense in "their" world). Does she check each time after she has sex? :roll: Also, as for Derick saying it's "surreal" and they are "shocked", why? Unprotected sex can lead to pregnancy last I checked.

I mean, when we were trying to conceive our daughter, I used to take pregnancy tests starting 9 days post-ovulation. I had a bunch of cheapo ones from Amazon and took them every day until my period came. But I didn't go around saying we weren't trying to get pregnant and were just leaving it up to g_d.

I am not surprised and I think everyone who thinks after this one they'll space out their kids is in denial about who Jill really is as a person. Perhaps years from now Derrick may persuade her to avoid getting pregnant but I think Jill really wants a big family and Derrick wants to make her happy.

I also think this is not a wedding night baby and definitely not a pre-wedding night baby. She got a positive pregnancy test after lots of negative ones just 30 days after their wedding. My guess is that she was testing really early and finally got a positive one around cycle day 24 or something. Probably because Michelle has shopped around and knows which ones are most sensitive. Also Michelle's tests are definitely not expired because I bet she takes them daily. That woman wants another pregnancy so badly! Derrick and Jill probably conceived like said in the article around two weeks after their wedding meaning she was probably about to start her period when they got married.

I wonder how Josh and Anna feel about all of this fuss over Jill and Derrick. I'm going to guess that Anna is jealous that Jill got pregnant faster then her and Josh is jealous that they got the people magazine cover. I also wonder if at some point down the road Jill will have more kids then them and how they'll handle that fact. Both Josh and Anna seem really competitive to me.

I love that they're not doing a theme with names. It'll be interesting to see how Jill manages if she does have Michelle's fertility. Jill seems like she would be a much more hands on and loving mother so I would be interested to see how she balances that with having a baby every year.

I don't know why anyone's surprised about any of this. Okay, sure, I was pretty surprised it happened so quickly, but other than that... they're just doing exactly what they always said they wanted to do. Derick never showed signs of being any different. I do think he is slightly less fundie than they are, but keep in mind that he was the one who asked Jim Bob to be prayer partners. He wanted to marry Jill. He passed their courtship interrogation. Clearly this is the type of life he wants. I don't feel bad for them at all - this is exactly what they wanted, and thankfully unlike many other young fundies, they're financially well off and have a strong support system.

I think it's absurd that they announced it to the world via People Magazine so early, but hey. Maybe they wanted to control the story before it leaked somehow.

I'm so sorry for your miscarriage. Twins can be very difficult pregnancies to carry (I'm a twin but my sister didn't survive long after our premature birth...2 months early). It must still be very painful for you {{{{hugs}}}}. Do twins run in your family?

We have to do fertility treatments to conceive, so the twins were a result of the shots to get me to ovulate. No twins in our family, but I would welcome another set in a heartbeat. My heart is broken.

I dont think she is expecting twins, because she has probably had an u/s by now and they would know. And her tummy is TINY. I was bigger than that with my first pregnancy with just 1 baby, and HUGE this time around with the twins. Like in maternity clothes at 4w pregnant lol.

A friend of mine announced really early, too, about as early as Jill. She would've had a tummy like that around that time, too. Like Jill, she was really excited to be pregnant so she didn't try to hide it at all. They're really playing up the 'bump' for the pictures - it's probably just bloating at this point. Honestly I think it's ridiculous to take 'bump' pictures when you're not even two months pregnant, but hey. Whatever.

No surprises there! I'm happy that she's got what she wants. And unlike some of you, I'm not worried about them not having time to themselves. There are lots of couples that have children right away, fundy and not, that do perfectly fine. Twenty-four is a perfectly reasonable age to have a baby if you're ready for it. I AM worried how her life will be when she has six children at thirty, and can't stop, but that has little to do with the joy of a first baby.

I agree with you and want to add a few things:

1. The statement that she should enjoy life without kids for once comes from a different environment than she's been exposed to. Her whole life has been with family and other large groups constantly surrounding her. 21 people in the house would exhaust most of us, but is her normal. To go from the chaos and liveliness of a house with 21 to the quiet loneliness of a house with only 2, and where one is out of the house 5 days a week for work, is probably maddening and depressing for her. Having a baby will give her a sense of normalcy and will keep her occupied (not to mention, it'll be the perfect excuse to have family members come over and spend time with her). It would be stressful for her to go too long as just husband and wife.

2. The idea that babies cause too much stress in the first year of marriage typically is true of those whose wallets are pinched, can't schedule date nights, and who don't know what they are doing. Jill and Derick have a house for as long as they want it. They have money from the show, so they do not have to be frugal. Jill has helped raise most of her siblings, and dealt with all their challenges. And, they have built in babysitters any time they want to go out or feel they need a helping hand (just as Josh and Anna did).

3. You don't need to be childless to have a successful relationship. My boyfriend is a father; he has a 6 going on 7 year old son. When most people go on dates, they go to the movies or dinner or something. When my boyfriend and I go on dates, we: go camping with his family (son and parents); go fishing with his son; go out for ice cream with his son; etc. If we moved in together, it would be the three of us, not the two of us. And we fully plan to try for a baby as soon as we are wed. We will never be childfree, and neither of us has any desire to be.

Does anyone here also think it's a bad idea to announce the pregnancy until Jill's at least 12 weeks along?

I think having people know is often better than having them speculate, or, worse, having it leaked. Perhaps it's important to them to be the ones to tell it, instead of it getting leaked somehow.

I've never understood the mentality of "tell no one" -- after all, if something does go wrong, you will probably wind up telling at least close friends or family. Heck, I found out one of my best friends was pregnant because she had implantation pain and freaked out thinking it was maybe a problem. She needed someone to be there for her in case it was.

Now, as a public figure it is a bit different, I'm sure, but then again there are those who would rather have that sort of pain out there so that it's talked about and acknowledged instead of being a grief that is hidden away.

Yes I bet they buy in bulk, look on amazon you can get 100 for the price most of us pay for one test at the pharmacy. If you look at the sites that sell the bulk pregnancy tests there are so many women addicted to testing with pictures labeled 8/5 8am 8/5 12pm(4 hour hold) 8/5 6pm (6 hour hold), crazy like 60-70 tests every cycle during what the call the 2 week wait!

Didn't Jill get married on a Saturday? isn't sex a no no on the night before the Sabbath. I guess they waited till 12:01am?

Two week wait (TTW) is usually a reference used by those who were artificially inseminated or had embryos implanted. Waiting to see if what you just spent a gazillion dollars and much time and emotional stress over has in fact resulted in a baby. Sometimes they have been taking drugs that will give them a positive so once they have stopped that drug (HCG, I think?) they might use the test to see when it is out of their system so that when it turns positive later, they know it is a baby not a drug. After all that stress, I think the testing is well-deserved. And I know way too much about this topic!

Am I the only one who found it real funny/awkward that he has his hand like cupping her ass the whole way through the video on people.com?? :pink-shock:

NIKE!! :lol:

I didn't see this either. And there's no way they're far enough along to know the sex of the baby without DNA tests. She's only 8 weeks according to People, which means the earliest she could see the fetus in an ultrasound was last week.

I'll have to find it again. Something a friend if mine 'liked'. I think it might have been TLC. And no, they couldn't know yet, but just looks like they seem to think they know.

This makes me sad, just because I wanted them to be different.

We all wanted to hold out hope in a way, though I had a feeling this was Jill's fate.

I'm more optimistic for Jessa to avoid pregnancy for at least a year, but I could be wrong about her. She seems smart, but we've never seen her do anything on the show aside from taking care of kids; anyway she was raised to believe her role in life is to become a baby factory.

I'm waiting for one of these kids to realize they want something more out of life. I'm less and less convinced it'll be Jinger, but maybe Joy or Johanna could surprise us.

Did they even wait until their wedding night? Seriously 30 days after the wedding night leaves some room for some sweet fellowshipping before the wedding night.

That's the point of always having to have a chaperone around. I doubt they've ever had a chance.

"quote]Jill took several tests at her and Derick’s home, but always received negative results. It wasn’t until the couple was visiting Jill’s parents that they received the exciting news. One of Jill’s sisters persuaded her to take one of their mother’s tests.

“My sisters were asking if I was pregnant and I’m like ‘nooo’ and they’re like ‘Well, mom has pregnancy tests upstairs and you could be pregnant so you should take one!’†Jill recalled . Although a bit hesitant, Jill took the test which showed what she had been hoping for all along … a positive result!

I honestly feel sad for her. When I married my now ex-husband, we had done a LDR for over a year, but had never really spent time together before we got married. I found out I was pregnant 5 weeks after we got married- and I forever had people questioning the validity of the fact that I was a virgin when I got married. We got married on the 16th of March, I had my period on the 23rd of March and found out we were expecting around the 23-ish of April. I used to tell people I was xx WEEKS pregnant and if they asked we were xx MONTHS married- otherwise, it looked like we had gotten pregnant before we were married (which was NOT the case)I LOVE my daughter immensely, but I regretted not ever having time together as a "couple" before being thrown full force into the role as parents. Our marriage ended up falling apart- the main reasons being 1- we were too young and stupid when we got married, 2- we didn't really KNOW each other very well before we got married and 3- never really had the time to get to know each other after we were married. By the time I did get to know him- it was a realization that he was all wrong for me and we ended up divorced 4 yrs after we got married.

I really hope things are different for Jill. There really is something to be said about the time as a couple, before you are thrown into a pregnancy and the role of being a parent.

I will say though- that although I got pregnant right out of the gate with my first daughter- my ex husband and I had 3 yrs of unexplained infertility after my daughter was born. I didn't have another child until my oldest was 9- so, just because Jill got pregnant so quickly the first time, not always an indicator of mega-fertility. Maybe she won't have another one right away! (My mom was ultra-fertile too- I'm one of 7, she just had to look at my dad to get pregnant, lol)

We all wanted to hold out hope in a way, though I had a feeling this was Jill's fate.

I'm more optimistic for Jessa to avoid pregnancy for at least a year, but I could be wrong about her. She seems smart, but we've never seen her do anything on the show aside from taking care of kids; anyway she was raised to believe her role in life is to become a baby factory.

I'm waiting for one of these kids to realize they want something more out of life. I'm less and less convinced it'll be Jinger, but maybe Joy or Johanna could surprise us.

i hope so for her sake. She's already jumped into engagement with a guy who seems incompatible. I really hope they stop the competition here. Otherwise it's going to be miserable for her down the road. She'll never beat Jill, she needs to accept it and be herself. Take a cue from Jana, even though Jessa's personality is to want more of the spotlight, and it will be tough to always be in the shadow of Jill.

Is it ok to post a screenshot of a public (tlc) FB post? Hopefully. Not good with posting links using my phone.

I know there was another pic of them front hugging and holding up the shoes which were definitely little girl shoes.

Hmmmmm. We all kinda expected this, but still would have hoped for them to be just a couple for a while longer.

I want to see ( not really lol ) how things would work if one of the Duggars popped out 3-4 boys first THEN the girl. Would the oldest boy be responsible for taking care of his sister or would the boys not have that responsibility being male even though the oldest? Just curious how the "buddy system" would work being reversed instead of girls born basically first.

Also hoping I don't share a birthday with the new blessing on March 23 :lol: Probably not though if how far she is is accurate.

Archived