IGNORED

Jill Duggar Pregnant! CONFIRMED! MERGED

actuallyjessica

I guess I'm not really surprised, but I do wish they had more time together as a couple. If they go fundie-lite or start spacing kids out after having a few, they may eventually regret that they didn't take time to just be adults without the added responsibility of kids.

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't get why people are surprised or even disappointed.

She said approximately 5 billion times that she wanted babies right away, she has always seemed the most content with the lifestyle, she seems like just a VERY enthusiastic person in general. So she was totally happy learning to be a mid-wife, totally happy with her courtship, totally happy planning a wedding, and now totally happy to be pregnant.

Plus she certainly knows enough about reproduction to time her wedding to fit with likely ovulation. And, realistically, EVERY pregnancy results from one act of intercourse, and in normally fertile young people it's just as likely to be on the first cycle as the 4th.

I think all the Duggars will happily have their first baby as soon as possible after marriage. It's more likely when they get to the 3rd or 4th baby that they'll decide to either slow things down ( one way or another), keep having as many as possible but be increasingly stressed, or, possibly, happily have a mega family.

Also, I know it's different because they knew each other such a short time and had the whole courtship thing--- but I think it's pretty common for couples to start having children as soon as they are married, isn't it?

No data for you, but for my group of friends it has ranged from 4-10 years after marriage. One couple we know just had their first child two months after their seventh wedding anniversary. The only people I know who had children immediately after marriage are people who got married because of a pregnancy.

I don't get why people are surprised or even disappointed.

She said approximately 5 billion times that she wanted babies right away, she has always seemed the most content with the lifestyle, she seems like just a VERY enthusiastic person in general. So she was totally happy learning to be a mid-wife, totally happy with her courtship, totally happy planning a wedding, and now totally happy to be pregnant.

Plus she certainly knows enough about reproduction to time her wedding to fit with likely ovulation. And, realistically, EVERY pregnancy results from one act of intercourse, and in normally fertile young people it's just as likely to be on the first cycle as the 4th.

I think all the Duggars will happily have their first baby as soon as possible after marriage. It's more likely when they get to the 3rd or 4th baby that they'll decide to either slow things down ( one way or another), keep having as many as possible but be increasingly stressed, or, possibly, happily have a mega family.

Also, I know it's different because they knew each other such a short time and had the whole courtship thing--- but I think it's pretty common for couples to start having children as soon as they are married, isn't it?

Well, I think that not every couple wants to start with kids asap. We got married (after 3 1/2 years of relationship and living together for 2 1/2 years) because we think that we are a great fit and why wait longer... But we decided to wait with kids another 3-5 years..

After several pregnancy tests came back negative, Jill's sisters persuaded her to take one of mom Michelle Duggar's tests while visiting her parents' home. This time, the results came back positive.

I'm beginning to think there's something on Michelle's pee sticks that CAUSES pregnancies. Negative, negative, negative, use J'Chelle's pee stick: pregnant!

I was about to say it is sort of creepy that she was taking multiple pregnancy tests just weeks after her wedding, but I did the same thing. All four of mine were positive. I didn't think it was possible that I got pregnant so quickly, so I kept repeating the test using different brands. LOL. My daughter was a honeymoon baby, but I was much older than Jill and consciously decided to try conceiving immediately after the wedding. My husband and I had lived together before we married and were ready to start a family. We had also seen several couples we were friendly with, have difficulty conceiving so we didn't want to waste any time.

My daughter was conceived on June 20 (pregnancy dated via ultrasound) and born on her due date -- March 12. Based on that info we should be able to guestimate how long it took Jill to conceive, unless she delivers early or very late, or g-d forbid, has a miscarriage.

I guess I'm not really surprised, but I do wish they had more time together as a couple. If they go fundie-lite or start spacing kids out after having a few, they may eventually regret that they didn't take time to just be adults without the added responsibility of kids.

Yes, but in the circle they run in, you're not a REAL adult until you start popping out babies (within the sanctity of marriage, of course). Sure, you might move out of your parents home once you're married and they can't monitor your internet usage anymore, but that doesn't mean you're a real grown up! It's ALL about the babies!

What if she is as fertile as Michelle. She must have got pregnant on her first time, what if that means she has super fertility and will have one every year?

I wonder how many of Michelle's daughters will inherit the super fertility? Is it inheritable?

I think it could be. My sister was a "one time accident" for my mom and dad and my sister and I both got pregnant our first cycle of trying (despite my sister's "advanced maternal age").

Oh fuck me. I am really disappointed by this. I had much higher hopes for the Dills.

That being said, I do wish her a healthy pregnancy and baby.

But FUCK! And who the fuck takes a pregnancy test at their PARENTS' HOUSE?

Sorry for all the fucks. Why can't one of these ladies break this cycle?

What is so weird about taking a pregnancy test at your parents house? I did when I found out I was pregnant with our first child. I was so anxious that I had to know right away.

Personally, I am excited for them. Yes it is healthy to probably wait a little bit before having children but hopefully this will spur them to realize their own values and in what exact lifestyle they want to raise that little one. And one quick pregnancy doesn't guarantee all her pregnancies will happen just as quickly. I think jIll will be a great mother. Hoping for all the best for them.

I would have waited longer to announce however. I was 14 weeks before we announced publicly but we told our families at 5 weeks a long two days after the positive test since we couldn't keep a secret from them.

Well, we got the season after this one's storyline: New seasons of life! Watch Jessa plan her wedding while having a pregnant sister

It makes me sad for a couple of reasons. I'd hoped that they would wait and really get to know each other. But I believe that's why the wedding was so rushed: because Jilly was SOOO hot to trot... JB didn't think he'd get all her purity to the finish line! Another reason was, I'd hoped Jill could actually learn midwifery. Silly me. And: among others on this board, I, too, was unable to carry a child to term. Thank God Mr. Four was amenable to adoption. Sin away, I say, fathers! The offspring are fine!

I'm so sorry about your miscarriage. It stings for me everytime I see someone go tralalala and get pregnant (I'm unable to have or carry a baby). Just wanted to say I feel for you.

I'm sorry, and I understand as well. All of mine were adopted.

We have four, and even at that low number of children, we have gotten lame,

"Don't you know how that happens?" comment.

Well,...sure. We know how it happens for some, like Jill.

Not for us.

So we always enjoy giving OUR stat answer.

"Don't you know how that happens?"

"Yes,...don't answer the phone."

To which we get this.... :think:

I never would guess that Jill would get pregnant before Alyssa Bates Webster. I am so disappointed in Derick.

It is possible Alyssa & Erin are both pregnant but are just waiting until a later date to announce it. Granted, it's not like they are going to get any People covers but I have feeling they are going to be more reserved because of Erin's miscarriage. I do think it is crazy to announce it so early to the media at only 8 weeks. I can totally understand being excited to tell the family, though. I really hope she has a healthy pregnancy because it would be absolutely heartbreaking to have a miscarriage after making such a public announcement. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

With this quick announcement, all i can think about is his goofy smile sending a text to BenBoob with the Lonely Island song "I Just Had Sex"....

Bazinga!

I'm not surprised by the early announcement. From what she said in the video, her sisters knew immediately post-test and she probably had to go ahead and tell the family. TLC cameras were probably there. And once TLC knew it was only a matter of time, especially with a new season to promote. And it's very possible that People decided that Jessa's engagement wasn't interesting enough to merit a cover (because really what's exciting about that?) and then TLC said, "Well, we have something else that might work."

That said, it makes it significantly less interesting to me to spend a big part of a season watching Jill's wedding preps when she's already announced she's pregnant. They really should've done a wedding special a month ago.

How old are the tests in Michelle's supply? I wonder if Jill and her sisters thought to check the expiration date? I'm sure she uses the cheapest ones available, and they have a shorter shelf life than the more expensive tests. It's still early days - has she seen a doctor to confirm? It's possible (though only slightly) that the test is a false positive.

Same here. I was expecting the news sometime soon but the reality of it is just wild. We've seen this girl grow up! Anyone remember how old she was when the TLC specials started?

Had she conceived on the weddin' night she's be 8.5 weeks along today. Quick, call People!

IF she conceived on her wedding night, she'd be due Mar 13, and 10 weeks along right now.

This is my first post. Been lurking for years. I conceived twins via IUI on June 30 and was due March 23. It says she is due in March so she could be as much as 10w pregnant as today I would have been 9w2d if I hadn't miscarried. I was hoping this wouldn't happen. Now my newsfeed is going to explode. :roll:

I'm so sorry for your miscarriage. Twins can be very difficult pregnancies to carry (I'm a twin but my sister didn't survive long after our premature birth...2 months early). It must still be very painful for you {{{{hugs}}}}. Do twins run in your family?

Add my sympathies too - to both of you. It makes me crazy that the people who would make the best parents don't necessarily get to be.

So true! Life can be so unfair! My heart goes out to everyone here who is dealing with fertility and miscarriage issues. Such a difficult and emotional thing to deal with on so many level. Hugs to you all!

What is so weird about taking a pregnancy test at your parents house? I did when I found out I was pregnant with our first child. I was so anxious that I had to know right away.

Personally, I am excited for them. Yes it is healthy to probably wait a little bit before having children but hopefully this will spur them to realize their own values and in what exact lifestyle they want to raise that little one. And one quick pregnancy doesn't guarantee all her pregnancies will happen just as quickly. I think jIll will be a great mother. Hoping for all the best for them.

I would have waited longer to announce however. I was 14 weeks before we announced publicly but we told our families at 5 weeks a long two days after the positive test since we couldn't keep a secret from them.

I guess generally it would not be considered strange to take a pregnancy test at your parents' house, or anywhere else for that matter. But this is the Duggars. Their obsession with having babies is so strange. (And this is coming from someone who was raised in a pretty strict IFB home; however, my parents still waited until 5 years of marriage before having their first child, and they still only had two of us by choice.)

In my head, I picture Jill taking the test in the bathroom with all the daughters and the Mullet standing around to watch the stick dry, while the walls are decorated with everyone's individual cycle charts.

Sheesh, talk about guzzling the Kool-Aid. Was Jill seriously and maniacally taking pregnancy tests right after the wedding, like Anna? Gah, why not spend some time getting to know one another before conceiving so quickly? It really is just like a baby factory for these people. Quantity at all times, never quality.

I'd like to congratulate the new couple, but right now I'm just too sad to do it.

:(

I guess generally it would not be considered strange to take a pregnancy test at your parents' house, or anywhere else for that matter. But this is the Duggars. Their obsession with having babies is so strange. (And this is coming from someone who was raised in a pretty strict IFB home; however, my parents still waited until 5 years of marriage before having their first child, and they still only had two of us by choice.)

In my head, I picture Jill taking the test in the bathroom with all the daughters and the Mullet standing around to watch the stick dry, while the walls are decorated with everyone's individual cycle charts.

Not to mention Michelle's probably still got stacks of tests in the medicine cabinet (she probably still tests herself every month, come to think of it!), so no need for Jill to run to Walmart.

I'm not surprised by the early announcement. From what she said in the video, her sisters knew immediately post-test and she probably had to go ahead and tell the family. TLC cameras were probably there. And once TLC knew it was only a matter of time, especially with a new season to promote. And it's very possible that People decided that Jessa's engagement wasn't interesting enough to merit a cover (because really what's exciting about that?) and then TLC said, "Well, we have something else that might work."

That said, it makes it significantly less interesting to me to spend a big part of a season watching Jill's wedding preps when she's already announced she's pregnant. They really should've done a wedding special a month ago.

Not that I necessarily disagree or anything, but I don't see anything exciting about a pregnancy in a 23yo newlywed with presumed normal fertility either.

It kind of makes me sad that, after a lifetime of achievement and various struggles, Robin Williams and Lauren Bacall are Duggar footnotes in entertainment news :|

Archived