IGNORED

Jill Duggar Pregnant! CONFIRMED! MERGED

actuallyjessica

Well I am not surprised. I thought she'd get pregnant on her 2nd month trying and she'd announce at 12 weeks so I was expecting an October announcement. Looks like she has definitely inherited Michelle's fertility and she has an upbeat personality so she's not worried about miscarrying. It would definitely be difficult to have to announce a miscarriage now so hope everything goes well for her.

Jessa must be so mad that Jill stole her thunder XD Or maybe she's glad some of the attention is off her now. I would be, but I find her hard to read so I can't tell. People will be expecting her to get pregnant immediately after her wedding too and that might be hard if it takes longer.

We might have all 3 married Duggar children expecting at the same time at this rate... Jill due in March, Anna if she continues as she has previously might be due in June again, and Jessa if she gets married in November and has the Duggar fertility could be due in September. Pure speculation of course :)

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which was the advice book Michelle and JimBob mentioned that advised them not to get a TV or pets during their first year of marriage, because they would be too distracting during that crucial time? So a puppy or TV is a major distraction, but pregnancy and a baby isn't . . .

Pregnant 30 days after her first kiss... My oh my.

Many people think Jill might be having multiples based on a pic of her laying in Derek's arms. Her stomach does look quite larger than it should at 7-8 weeks, it's possible she' could be having twins.

In one of the eps where Michelle announced a pregnancy (Josie?) she was around three months before she went on the Today show and she said she was worried because she always showed early. Jill may take after her with that. Of course, with a family history of twins that wouldn't be a shock.

I do think that might be the reason for such an early announcement beyond TLC using it for promotion. I noticed in the Jessa/Ben announcement video that she had a particular roundness but thought I might be reading too much into it. As much as she posts on Instagram it wouldn't take long for speculation to really start.

One more thing - there probably wasn't much concern about waiting to announce because of the potential of a miscarriage, because if Jill does miscarry that will be another storyline for the show. No way they would keep that as quiet for as long as Anna did.

Which was the advice book Michelle and JimBob mentioned that advised them not to get a TV or pets during their first year of marriage, because they would be too distracting during that crucial time? So a puppy or TV is a major distraction, but pregnancy and a baby isn't . . .

No, because they are doing God's work. Being fruitful and multiplying with extreme ease.

I can't imagine going from not even kissing someone to getting knocked up a few hours later. Boggles the mind.

TV's and puppies distract you from making babies. Making babies is their only goal in life. Quiverfull FTW. :angry-banghead:

After several pregnancy tests came back negative, Jill's sisters persuaded her to take one of mom Michelle Duggar's tests while visiting her parents' home. This time, the results came back positive.

What the everloving fuck is this all about? Seriously.

My one and only pregancy ended at 20 weeks and I had not told anyone--was getting ready to announce it when it ended. (Had just ordered my first maternity suit....)

Why are her sisters involved in this in any way? Is this a game of "hurry get pregnant? Did they chart her wedding to hit an expected fertile time?

:cray-cray:

19 Kids and Counting is never going away, is it? :| I feel like we are now trapped in an inception of Duggar/Bates pregnancies. This will never end.

How does someone go from not being allowed to kiss their fiancé until their wedding day, to having sex? The Duggars are emotionally stunted. They must think that having babies right away will help that.

Honestly, I don't think it's that big of a deal if you're attracted to your spouse. I can see it being awkward for those people who aren't attracted to each other, but Jill and Derick were almost kissing before marriage. There was no way they were going to end that sexual frustration with just a kiss. I'm sure it was REALLY hot and heavy.

A lot of women who have had several children show early, especially if they've had multiples or large families. You would have to have abs of steel not to. After 19 I am not surprised that Michelle does.

As for Jill I think it must be pregnancy bloat... I even look like that sometimes and I'm not pregnant, just bloated :/

Anyone else think that the way the People magazine makeup artists styled Jill makes her look very different ? I'm not sure I like it. It seems so sophisticated for casual pictures, I think it's a bit over the top.

Honestly, I don't think it's that big of a deal if you're attracted to your spouse. I can see it being awkward for those people who aren't attracted to each other, but Jill and Derick were almost kissing before marriage. There was no way they were going to end that sexual frustration with just a kiss. I'm sure it was REALLY hot and heavy.

i still think that would be kinda weird. being raised with the mentality that "this is sin!" and then all of a sudden it isn't...even though you know it isn't anymore, i think it could be hard to reconcile in some ways.

It really might not have been a big deal for them... I definitely won't speak to their experience.

But it's definitely not a given that attraction makes it easy to go from not kissing to sex in a few hours. I had had one sexual partner when the boyfriend and I started dating, and we didn't kiss for probably a month for various reasons, despite being extremely attracted to each other. Looking back on the first time we kissed (which ended up being a night positively chock-full of chemistry), I'm still glad it didn't go further than a no-petting make-out session because I would definitely NOT have been ready. That's a lot of steps to go through at once, even when you have (some) experience and attraction on your side.

Not only could this be a honeymoon baby, it could be a back-of-the-getaway-truck baby.

She probably doesn't even have all the wedding photos back from the photographer yet. Insane.

I had Hopes that Derick would have talked Jill into going to college to become an R.N. I thought she would have made a great nurse. Oh well now she will be mass producing her own howlers. I hope Derick has a great paying job because he is going to have to support a constantly pregnant wife and a boat load of kids.

Not only could this be a honeymoon baby, it could be a back-of-the-getaway-truck baby.

She probably doesn't even have all the wedding photos back from the photographer yet. Insane.

Maybe they weren't pure on their wedding day. Maybe this is them hiding the fact that they had sex before they were wed! Maybe shes showing cause she's actually further along. And maybe that's why her sisters were pushing multiple tests. They all know each other's cycles, afterall.

A story for the tell all book, I guess ;)

I think you are onto something. Yahoo and the Daily Fail as well as Radar, Jezebel, and HuffPo JUST picked up the story, like yesterday. It was about to be something big...and ugly. However, I think the Duggars may find out that people just aren't that receptive to their constant breeding anymore.

Except for the fact that People had some lead time before the robocall to get the article out. Math doesn't work

Maybe they weren't pure on their wedding day. Maybe this is them hiding the fact that they had sex before they were wed! Maybe shes showing cause she's actually further along. And maybe that's why her sisters were pushing multiple tests. They all know each other's cycles, afterall.

A story for the tell all book, I guess ;)

They did front-hug before the wedding. That's how babies are made, right?

They did front-hug before the wedding. That's how babies are made, right?

pffffff hahahahahahahahahaha that one actually made me snort out loud. thanks for the levity during a not so nice day.

Except for the fact that People had some lead time before the robocall to get the article out. Math doesn't work

They could have changed the release date of the article as damage control.

Why so many tests? And Michelle has tests just laying around??? These people are attention whores.

i think it's hilarious she has a supply of tests in stock. does she buy in bulk? a penny saved, after all.

They could have changed the release date of the article as damage control.

Or they knew the robocalls were going out and would make headlines and decided to throw the pregnancy announcement out at the same time to distract from the inevitable controversy. Mission accomplished. On another forum, a Duggar thread was revived by the robocalls, posters were expressing disgust and BOOM! Baby on the way! No more discussion of Duggar politics or ignorance.

i think it's hilarious she has a supply of tests in stock. does she buy in bulk? a penny saved, after all.

They probably go to Sam's Club and buy a case of cream corn, industrial sized jars of pickles and a flat of pregnancy tests.

I don't like anyone in this family at all and this announcement makes me feel so bad for Jessa. Could they not have waited maybe a few weeks or so. Give Jessa the chance to have the limelight. She is a going to be a bride and no matter what I feel about them I would be devastated if this was me and my sister swooped in met a guy, got engaged had a wedding and now days after my own engagement announcement she is pregnant. Also shame on Jim Bob for using all this to make money and allowing this. These people are not the humble christians they make themselves out to be. They are fame whoring cult members whose only views are those of there own. They seem hypocritical in their actions and I just am SUPER ANNOYED by them all.

That is all...

Just read the article as it popped up in my fb news feed and came straight here lol.

Is it wrong that my first response was "oh my God, are you fucking kidding me?"

Aside from that, who the fuck announces so early? What if she had a miscarriage? Or something? Not that I'd want her to have one, but it's pretty damn early. Although I guess they could sell the miscarriage to People too, like they sell the rest of their lives...

And I just love how her sisters "persuaded her" to take one of JChelles tests, cause we know they were all up in Jill and Derricks business since the day after the wedding. Although I am slightly confused as to why taking multiple tests, getting negative, and taking a different one (different brand?) and being positive. Were they taking Dollar Store brand tests or something? (I've never been pregnant, so not 100% on how it works with the tests and such. But then again, I'm also joyously happy when my tests come back negative so theres that lol) And I wouldn't be surprised if the couple took a test the day after every time they had sex either...

Okay, now I'm gonna read the rest of the thread, I had to jump on and go WHAT THE FUCK first lol. :lol:

Edited because my phone seems to like adding random extra words to sentences

Better than "Buy Used and Save the Difference"

:ew:

Archived