IGNORED

Jill Duggar Pregnant! CONFIRMED! MERGED

actuallyjessica

This is my first post. Been lurking for years. I conceived twins via IUI on June 30 and was due March 23. It says she is due in March so she could be as much as 10w pregnant as today I would have been 9w2d if I hadn't miscarried.

I was hoping this wouldn't happen. Now my newsfeed is going to explode. :roll:

So sorry for your loss.

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why announce so quickly? Is she insane? This proves it, she IS a fame whore. I don't know why I'm so surprised, I'm one of those who believes it's all about ratings & all done for the camera. Whoever (JB or TLC) masterminded that thought very little of Jill, or Jessa. They're being exploited, plain & simple, even if they are complicit in that exploitation. They just don't know any better.

I wonder how upset Jessa is. She'll be overshadowed by Jill now, probably even on her wedding day. She'll have to do something startling if she wants more attention to refocus on her. What about a coloured wedding dress? A pink, a la Jessica Biel, or a metallic like whoever it was who did that recently. Perhaps she can have 20 bridesmaids, or a horse and carriage as her wedding transport.

I blame the parents!

In general, announcing a baby is happy news. And in general there is nothing wrong with wanting to get married young and have babies (that's what I did). It's just that these people aren't really like the rest of us. She didn't have a previous period of freedom and experience and once she's on the baby train she's never getting off. It's all babies and homeschooling from here on out. No going back to school or work in the future. You would think she would be tired of taking care of kids!

How old are the tests in Michelle's supply? I wonder if Jill and her sisters thought to check the expiration date? I'm sure she uses the cheapest ones available, and they have a shorter shelf life than the more expensive tests. It's still early days - has she seen a doctor to confirm? It's possible (though only slightly) that the test is a false positive.

I truly hope (against hope) that they had the pregnancy confirmed by a blood test before making an announcement. Since I know it was what they wanted, I'll be happy for them.

I truly hope (against hope) that they had the pregnancy confirmed by a blood test before making an announcement. Since I know it was what they wanted, I'll be happy for them.

Well, if she is due in March, she is AT LEAST 8 weeks along, if not 10 (wedding night). So...she is getting into safer territory. I'm sure she's had her first dr appt and ultrasound and seen the heartbeat by now.

Why announce so quickly? Is she insane? This proves it, she IS a fame whore. I don't know why I'm so surprised, I'm one of those who believes it's all about ratings & all done for the camera. Whoever (JB or TLC) masterminded that thought very little of Jill, or Jessa. They're being exploited, plain & simple, even if they are complicit in that exploitation. They just don't know any better.

I wonder how upset Jessa is. She'll be overshadowed by Jill now, probably even on her wedding day. She'll have to do something startling if she wants more attention to refocus on her. What about a coloured wedding dress? A pink, a la Jessica Biel, or a metallic like whoever it was who did that recently. Perhaps she can have 20 bridesmaids, or a horse and carriage as her wedding transport.

I blame the parents!

Are we all a little disappointed in Derick - :D Jill not so much because this is her LIFE

but Derick we all assumed was different -turns out he isn't

and now this means Ben is in a different race with Derick - the poor boy can't win anywhere -

I predict -a wedding outside for Jessa maybe the ocean as a backdrop with seagulls pooping on everyone

now we have story lines for two more years -

Is it took early to call a baby race between Jessa and Jill now?

Not at all. If Jessa and Ben marry this autumn (as has been reported), then it's quite possible they could announce a Christmas pregnancy. :D

I don't even know what to say. Poor Jill. Poor Derrick. They couldn't even have two months together just to be alone. :angry-banghead:

I could've sworn I submitted my reply but it never showed up? Weird. Anyway, I think they'll be good parents but I am a little sad to hear they are pregnant so quickly. My husband and I got pregnant two weeks into our marriage and although I love our son, I wish we had had more time to enjoy being newlyweds and getting to do things as a couple. Having a child changes a lot and brings a lot of stress, especially if the baby is colicky (our son was) and/or if the pregnancy or delivery is difficult or there are complications (I almost died and was very ill after for a long time). It doesn't mean you can't be happy - we've been married 26 years and are very happy but we both wish we'd had more "just-us" time, and for Jill & Derick, who had such a restrictive "courtship" and no alone time until they married, I think it was even more important for them to just have time to enjoy each other and experience some of the world together. I had hoped that maybe Derick would introduce Jill to some secular stuff, maybe even encourage her to become a true certified midwife or think about going to college. She's been so sheltered that I really wanted to see her explore the world a bit. All she's known is God/ATI and raising kids really. I wanted to see her have FUN! Still, after so long being unable to have much physical cpntact, I suspect they were doing what bunnies do as often as possible and since they don't believe in birth control, and with her mother being so fertile... well, not a big surprise that she's pregnant so quickly. Still, I'm surprised they announced it so quickly! Jessa must be furious!

It's so weird because so much of the emphasis last season was on Ben and Jessa ...even at the Bates wedding Michelle was talking about how she wondered if Jessa was thinking about her own wedding day. Jill and Derick weren't even mentioned at that point. Then BOOM...Jill and Derick skyping, in love, engaged and married and Ben and Jessa kind of fell to the background. Now Jill and Derick's pregnancy announcement is kind of overshadowing the BJessa engagement.

IF she conceived on her wedding night, she'd be due Mar 13, and 10 weeks along right now.

BINGO! I conceived on June 20, and my due date was March 12. Dill was married on June 21, so a due date of March 13 is right on the mark for a wedding night baby.

Anyone think they selected June 21 because it was her most fertile weekend in June?

I only "get" Derick (a la not disappointed) in the respect that we all discussed previously, here at FJ, that with his mother being ill, it wouldn't be all that surprising if he decided to go along with Jill's "right now" desire, so his mom could live to see her first grandchild. Of course, none of us knew/knows just how ill she really is (what stage, how long ago she was diagnosed, how long she'll stay in remission, etc.)

The DQ's pregnancy tests may not be "old".. she's probably taking tests every month, still... because "she's open to as many children as the Lord will give her" to deliver herself!

They were "shocked?" Really Derrick. God, these people are so stupid.

Considering that, on average, you only have a 30% chance of conceiving during any given month, even with trying, I would be shocked too. Especially if you're getting pregnant the FIRST time you have sex. What's the likelihood of that, really?

BINGO! I conceived on June 20, and my due date was March 12. Dill was married on June 21, so a due date of March 13 is right on the mark for a wedding night baby.

Anyone think they selected June 21 because it was her most fertile weekend in June?

That thought did come to mind...

I'm not shocked at all. Who is when a Duggar announces they're expecting? Wishing them the best. I wish they would've waited longer, but to each their own. I hope this doesn't stop Jill from continuing her midwife training. I wonder if a Smuggar/Anna announcement is next. :roll:

No data for you, but for my group of friends it has ranged from 4-10 years after marriage. One couple we know just had their first child two months after their seventh wedding anniversary. The only people I know who had children immediately after marriage are people who got married because of a pregnancy.

It's really common for fundies to start having children as soon as they are married so I'm not surprised at all with Jill, but yeah, for my college-educated friends who got married, everyone waited at least two years. My one friend was pregnant exactly two years after her wedding day, and the general impression was that was fast. I have several friends who have been married for four or five years, and no pregnancies yet. The people I know who are my age and have kids right away are really religious, already pregnant, or are older (35 and up) and don't feel like they can wait. Most of my friends talk about how they want to spend some more time with their husbands, go on a few more trips, get a bit more financially secure, or finish whatever advanced degree they're pursuing before diving into parenthood.

They are announcing this WAY too early, and within a day of the bad press over Mullet's transphobic robocalls. I hope Jill had a choice about being used as a diversion to her mother's ignorance and hate. I know she may be under a different 'headship' now that she's married, but I still wonder if there's some kind of a contract agreeing that Boob and Mullet make all the publicity decisions. Announcing so soon seems really foolish, it's like they're tempting fate. It would be horrible to see Jill go through the grief of a miscarriage so publicly.

Wow, these guys certainly got the hang of the whole sex thing fast.

I only "get" Derick (a la not disappointed) in the respect that we all discussed previously, here at FJ, that with his mother being ill, it wouldn't be all that surprising if he decided to go along with Jill's "right now" desire, so his mom could live to see her first grandchild. Of course, none of us knew/knows just how ill she really is (what stage, how long ago she was diagnosed, how long she'll stay in remission, etc.)

That's something I wonder about as well. Maybe they wanted to have a child quickly so that his Mom could experience having a grandchild. I could also see them have a few kids and then Derick wanting to slow things down, especially if Jill is as fertile as her mother. I wonder how that would work... I mean, if he suddenly said he wanted to use even the withdrawal method of birth control (after they had 2 or 3 kids) ...would Jill go along with it because he, being the male and "headship" is in charge despite their religious beliefs or how her family believes? One can only hope! Maybe I'm wrong, but I get a sense that Derick is more sensible than the Duggars (or Ben) but who knows really.

Not surprised. Plus Jill stated she wanted a large family but as mentioned upthread, just because she got pregnant so quickly this time doesn't guarantee a lot of future pregnancies or that they will occur in short succession.

Life is only a race with yourself, make that crap a walkathon.

I love this! That totally sums up my life philosophy.

I blame the parents!

Honestly, I don't think Jill or Derick were the ones that ran to the media. She told everyone in her family when she was 4-ish weeks along. I think that it was TLC's decision. They're obviously going to show the scene with her announcement during the show. And they know pregnancies bring in viewership. Now they get to pimp the wedding, Jessa's engagement, AND a baby. That means they have guaranteed viewership for the whole season. And they have a guaranteed next season.

Jill and Derick are under contract. They have to do what TLC tells them to.

Archived