IGNORED

Jill Duggar Pregnant! CONFIRMED! MERGED

actuallyjessica

I'm not surprised or shocked by this news today by any means, but I did really hope that Derrick might be different and want to enjoy time with his wife before kids.

DQ and Boob enjoyed a few years as just a couple before they had Josh. This is just another thing that they got to enjoy themselves that they have taken away from their kids. They have taken away from their kids the thinking that they can spend time married but without a baby. That is how Jill went into this marriage, thinking that being married and not having a baby was wrong. DQ and Boob constantly drilling it into their children's head that they could not use any evil BC and prevent a pregnancy.

Nothing more annoying than a hypocritical parent. Jim Bob and Michelle kissed/hugged etc before marriage and had a few years to really get to know each other before having kids and those two have a very strong marriage. Their kids aren't given those same options because it's 'eVIL!!11!' for women to not be actively trying to receive her husbands holy manjuice gift from God.

I would be less annoyed if I got the impression that the kids want to follow these rules because they value them, not because they are being pushed by JB and J'chelle. With that many people there's bound to be AT LEAST one who thinks "I'm going to decide that with my wife/husband for my own family." Pressuring them to follow their rules by putting them in their wedding vows whilst insisting that the kids come up with their own standards just doesn't sit we'll with me.

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the point of always having to have a chaperone around. I doubt they've ever had a chance.

Chaperones my ass. With that many people in the house, it's entirely possible to sneak out or bribe chaperone. We don't know what goes on when the cameras aren't rolling. I know many fundie young women who get pregnant before their wedding.

They have actually surpassed Kardashian Level Fame Whoring. From now on the Duggars are the standard by which all other fame whoring will be judged.

Move over Kimmy, there's a new queen in town. :disgust:

You speak words of much truth. I'm watching Who Do You Think You Are on TLC right now, and a pop-up keeps appearing at the bottom of the screen that a big Duggar pregnancy announcement video is coming up during the course of the show. Unfrickenbelievable. :?

This could explain the bad cover photo on the Duggar facebook page with Jill and Derrick front and center. TLC already knew of the pregnancy and is going to ride that all the way to the bank. I agree that the girls are to un worldly to know that they are being exploited. Announcing before 12 weeks IMO is just asking for public heartbreak if she losses it.

I really think people are waaaaaaaay over thinking that the baby shoes in the picture are depicting the gender of the baby. She's like what, 7/8 weeks? Gender isn't distuingishable in uss until around 14+ weeks and I highly highly doubt they've had invasive genetic testing done.

Not saying that they are for sure saying that it's a girl. I just found it odd they'd use a pair of shoes that most people associate with being girls shoes instead of those that could be for either.

Nothing more annoying than a hypocritical parent. Jim Bob and Michelle kissed/hugged etc before marriage and had a few years to really get to know each other before having kids and those two have a very strong marriage. Their kids aren't given those same options because it's 'eVIL!!11!' for women to not be actively trying to receive her husbands holy manjuice gift from God.

I would be less annoyed if I got the impression that the kids want to follow these rules because they value them, not because they are being pushed by JB and J'chelle. With that many people there's bound to be AT LEAST one who thinks "I'm going to decide that with my wife/husband for my own family." Pressuring them to follow their rules by putting them in their wedding vows whilst insisting that the kids come up with their own standards just doesn't sit we'll with me.

Their insane amount of hypocrisy bugs me as well. And Boob and DQ can't proclaim courtship is such a wonderful thing that works in wonderful, happy marriages BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T COURT. And Boob still talks about how DQ dated other boys before him (completely being passive aggressive and guilting her). Derick's lip virginity has been called into question as well. I wonder if Boob taught Jill to never let him forget it, and to hold it over his head forever.

Because being a couple implies partnership. They are broodmare and master.

any more news :D

is she having twins - triplets

what was the new video about :D

Still no words from Jessa or Ben - which is interesting because when Jessa announced her engagement Jill was all about Congrats all over her instagram page

and I still want to hear what all those people thought !!!!!!

Did anyone catch the "special message" from Jill and Derick tonight on TLC?? I think it was tonight.

caught it

Derick red shirt

Jill in grey

same stage as people mag shoot

they are expecting - big smiles

crazy last few months

baby on the way

thank you all for well wishes, engagement, big wedding, move into house, baby on the way

derick did most of the talking - he said its gone fast.

thanks to the fans

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids-and ... derick.htm

It would be interesting if the baby ended up being a little...."early". I just can't imagine her mother thinking it's a good idea to announce before 12 weeks- especially with her own history of miscarriages. On the other hand, they are watched 24/7 so it's probably super wishful thinking to hope they actually had time alone before the wedding.

What would be really funny (but I don't really think plausible... ) would be if the whole reason the wedding came so quickly was that she was already pg in late March when they announced the engagement and picked the very quick wedding date... oops!

They could have changed the release date of the article as damage control.

It is a coincidence. People obviously paid for a wedding/pregnancy story. People is not going enter into a conspiracy with the Duggars. And I am sure these eejits are unaware/don't care how stupid the Dairy Queen sounds on a robocall that most people in the world won't hear or hear about. They just aren't that important.

But even if Derrick did want to wait for children and Jill wanted to travel and do ministry around the world without being pregnant they don't have the education to know how to go about that. At least, growing up Catholic, I learned about the rhythm method (and how it almost never works) and using ovulation sticks to know what days are better depending on whether you want kids or not. But kids raised in the Quiverfull movement aren't even told that much. And if they somehow managed to hear about this, they are also taught that its wrong and sinful. I guess once they have moved into their own house they could have internet access and learn about things but not in time for the wedding night....

I'm sure Derick knows. I don't think he was raised in the Quiverfull movement and he did attend a secular university and likely has some friends who aren't fundamentalists. I wouldn't be surprised is he goes along with things now like no birth control and letting God decide stuff, but after a few kids are running around the house he decides that maybe at least the rhythm method is worth trying for a while.

I'm sure Derick knows. I don't think he was raised in the Quiverfull movement and he did attend a secular university and likely has some friends who aren't fundamentalists. I wouldn't be surprised is he goes along with things now like no birth control and letting God decide stuff, but after a few kids are running around the house he decides that maybe at least the rhythm method is worth trying for a while.

and he is the educated one unlike Ben - can you imagine when it is time to announce Jessa's goodness :D

And she got to pee on one of J'chelle's spechial pee sticks. We were so right (again) that J'chelle still has a stock lying around. :roll:

Probably bulk ordered them off Amazon or Costco. :roll:

I wonder if Jchelle gives some of her stock away as wedding gifts?

This makes me really sad for Jill. I know from experience- my husband and I had to get a babysitter for our first wedding anniversary. Our daughter was almost three months old.

It's a long and depressing story but I got my period on our honeymoon and then got pregnant the next month. We hadn't been planning on having kids for many years and between that and the shit storm life hit us with (my FIL was murdered, my husband lost one of the jobs he depended on, we had just bought a house that needed to be completely renovated, I was incredibly sick and depressed my entire pregnancy, I got horrific Post-Partum Depression, and our daughter was a colicky newborn from hell) it was a huge strain on our relationship- and we had been dating and living together for four years prior to getting married. I don't think Jill will have to go through much of that hardship (I wish nobody would have to!) but damn having a kid makes things hard.

I love my daughter more than life itself but I definitely envy my friends who are in a relationship but are waiting to have kids. I'm only 25 and I feel so old with a 3 year old. I'm really looking forward to the day when my husband and I can just enjoy each other again. It's like I tell my friends, kids are worth waiting for!!!

Chaperones my ass. With that many people in the house, it's entirely possible to sneak out or bribe chaperone. We don't know what goes on when the cameras aren't rolling. I know many fundie young women who get pregnant before their wedding.

Ben did say recently that Jill and Derick bribed the younger kids with skittles to be their chaperones. Hmm...

...because they value them, not because they are being pushed by JB and J'chelle.

One of the most satisfying "Duggar machine" moments was when Jill ran up to Derick and nearly defrocked him with that almost full-frontal hussy hug. That, in itself, was a delectable little treat for us. BUT...J'chelle's reaction was PRICELESS. She says (beginning at about 45 seconds via the link below), "I'm sure it was meant to be a side hug, but, anyway, I'm sure they won't let "that" happen again." :dance: She clearly had her fundie feathers ruffled by her wayward child.

But c'mon now, don't be too hard on her. She knows what she's talking about. I mean, look what happened when they were allowed to go and KISS for the first time. They were bumpin' uglies and making babies in no time. Gotta watch those dang side hugs. They can't be righteously fullfilled like a first kiss can. :clap:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/19-kids ... e-23882604

One of the most satisfying "Duggar machine" moments was when Jill ran up to Derick and nearly defrocked him with that almost full-frontal hussy hug. That, in itself, was a delectable little treat for us. BUT...J'chelle's reaction was PRICELESS. She says (beginning at about 45 seconds via the link below), "I'm sure it was meant to be a side hug, but, anyway, I'm sure they won't let "that" happen again." :dance: She clearly had her fundie feathers ruffled by her wayward child.

But c'mon now, don't be too hard on her. She knows what she's talking about. I mean, look what happened when they were allowed to go and KISS for the first time. They were bumpin' uglies and making babies in no time. Gotta watch those dang side hugs. They can't be righteously fullfilled like a first kiss can. :clap:

I love Michelle's reaction and I love that Jill defies the odds - seriously she does

just look at the past couple of months

who thinks that that tomorrow's announcement on People

Jana is in a secret courtship :D I think she is :D

Oh wow, I had never seen that video.

Sure Michelle & JB let the kids set their own courtship rules, SURE! Because obviously it doesn't matter to JB & Michelle if Jill & Derick side hug or frontal hug cause it's their decision. They didn't make a huge deal about it or anything.

So full of crap!!

It's really not invasive. Just blood getting drawn from the arm. I had my blood drawn at around 10 weeks & knew the sex 2 weeks later. But I don't think you can do the test any earlier than 10 weeks. That being said, unless insurance covers the testing (like mom is over 35 or something) it's VERY expensive. $1000 out of pocket. (Long story, but I got to only pay $25.)

Wow, I had no idea there was a simple blood test now! That's pretty cool. I thought u/s and amnio were the only ways. I Googled to read some more about it and wanted to bash my head on the wall because all the top results use "gender" instead of "sex." People have really got to learn the difference between these words, including our fundie friends.

Interesting, but unsurprising, that she defers to him in the TLC vid and has him be the one to make the "we're expecting!" announcement. JillyDilly, it's your uterus, take the reins for once in your life.

I'm a little disappointed but definitely not shocked that she got pregnant so quickly. Oh well.

Archived