IGNORED

Jill Duggar Pregnant! CONFIRMED! MERGED

actuallyjessica

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The DQ's pregnancy tests may not be "old".. she's probably taking tests every month, still... because "she's open to as many children as the Lord will give her" to deliver herself!

It's still possible. After all, Sarah was 90 years old when she bore Isaac.

Well I hope Jill and Derick got paid for that cover and not Jim Bob!

Jill is no longer a dependent, by law, so I don't see how JB would get her money anymore.

Considering that, on average, you only have a 30% chance of conceiving during any given month, even with trying, I would be shocked too. Especially if you're getting pregnant the FIRST time you have sex. What's the likelihood of that, really?

Knowing the Kool-Aid drinking fundies, I'd say the liklihood is much greater. Jill prolly got some spay-shull shower gifts called Ovulation Predictor Kits, to use leading up to her wedding day. Heck, maybe she tracked that since at least the onset of her courtship, so she could plan the perfect "leave my fertility up to God" wedding night (which would be, "coincidentally", smack on the night of her ovulation.) :roll:

Well Holy Cow Shit!

At least we don't have to suffer through months of negative test agony like with Smuganna.

On the other hand, I would have died before testing at my parents house! To me that just seems too personal and special, they might as well have just invited the tv camera's into their honeymoon suite.

I'm expecting, but waited to test until I was sure I was pregnant, and it was a special moment between me and my husband only. Besides, who wants to see a peed on stick?

8-10 weeks is seriously early for a public announcement, but who knows, they might just do a public funeral/memorial service if Jill miscarries.

If she planned to have a wedding night baby, I'm hoping she has been preparing for that and was taking prenatals and all. My Dr told me a lot of women 'plan' to get pregnant, but show up for their first visit and still aren't taking any kind of supplements. :angry-banghead: I started preparing months before I stopped the birth control, if I was gonna have a baby, I wanted to make sure I did everything possible to have a healthy and planned pregnancy.

I do wish them the best, and hope Jill and baby have a safe and healthy pregnancy.

I wonder what letter they'll choose. Or if they actually do their own thing and don't do the stupid one letter trend. Newsflash Dill! Your other kids won't feel left out. It'll give them something you never had, individuality.

I feel sorry for these fundies who don't even get to enjoy a couple years of banging like bunnies first! What if Jill also inherits Michelle's awful morning sickness? That puts quite a damper on being in the mood for many of us. I guess I'd just hate if I didn't even get a really good, unencumbered year of sex after waiting 24 years to experience it, without having nausea, sensitive nipples, raging hormones, all of the other fun things pregnancy brings, and then birth recovery to deal with.

And at least I'd been with my guy for 6 years and had no shame or embarrassment, and had no problems saying "no" because it wasn't drilled into my head that "no" wasn't an option. I'm sure Derick is a sweet guy, but not every guy can recognize when a "yes" really means "please guess that I really mean no."

I get that many women enjoy sex all throughout their pregnancies. And I hate every single one of you. :lol: But either way, it's certainly not a risk I'd want to take since you can't know til you're there!

Wow, it must be a really slow week in celebrity news for them to make the cover. And I'm surprised that People would do an article about it when she's so early in the pregnancy still. Not just because of the miscarriage risk, but because there's not that much to write about yet, and she doesn't have a tummy for the photos.

She sure doesn't but they went ahead with a photo shoot anyway! The video People put up shows scenes of them being photographed, presumably for the article. Typical bump pose shots, with her ever so slightly bloated uterus :P

guess now we know why Jill had the pun dog crazy eyes look going on a while back :lol:

photo from a month ago:

post-10046-14451999366791_thumb.jpg

and this hilarious quote from here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22487&hilit=260&start=260#p766246

I made the mistake a few months ago of posting comparison photos of Jill and Pundog and it seemed such a good match to me that I'm afraid I see Pundog in her face in almost every photo of her now, at least all the ones with those raised eyebrows and wide eyes and open-mouthed smile… :lol:

Bm_4Qy5CQAAzy-E.jpg:medium

1C2986DB5621C9E3BE48D0B4427B_h416_w622_m2_q80_chlNasCSo.jpg

As someone who went through a miscarriage that way, way too many people knew about (thanks mom!), this is really dumb. Announcing this early -- to the whole world no less -- shows me she's really an attention-seeker like I hadn't imagined. I mean is nothing private? Also really shitty to Jessa.

I wouldn't wish a miscarriage on anyone, but going on the cover of people at 9 weeks or whatever seems like it's asking the universe for one. WTF.

Jill is no longer a dependent, by law, so I don't see how JB would get her money anymore.

Exactly. After Josh and Anna married, there was a message in the credits from TLC that thanked them for appearing in any episodes. It was directed toward the Josh and Anna Duggar family, so I'm pretty sure that when the Dillards do the same, the credit and money will go to the Dillards, not the Senior Duggars.

I wonder what letter they'll choose. Or if they actually do their own thing and don't do the stupid one letter trend. Newsflash Dill! Your other kids won't feel left out. It'll give them something you never had, individuality.

I would not be surprised if they decided to name all their kids with D names in honour of Derick. I hope not! Guess we'll see in March, but that's my prediction.

How does someone go from not being allowed to kiss their fiancé until their wedding day, to having sex? The Duggars are emotionally stunted. They must think that having babies right away will help that.

How does someone go from not being allowed to kiss their fiancé until their wedding day, to having sex? The Duggars are emotionally stunted. They must think that having babies right away will help that.

Well Jill and Derrick don't seem to have had any trouble with that!

All I can think is WHAT THE FUCK?!#!?

That was also my first reaction, but I can't say I'm actually surprised. Still, I feel bad that they couldn't enjoy being a couple for a while, and that it was announced around the same time as Jessa's engagement. I also think that the wedding was set for Jill's most fertile time of the month, and it sounds like she's at least inherited the super fertility gene. I especially feel for Jessa as not only did this announcement steal her thunder about the engagement, she's going to be judged if she doesn't get pregnant right away like her sister.

It seems like TLC called the shots on the announcement timing. Wasn't that video of J&D talking about the pregnancy taped in the church where J&B got engaged? Somewhere pretentious anyway lol Gold and brocade couch! :lol:

But seriously i don't think Jill wasted much time feeling bad about the timing for Jessa's sake. Jill seems to be in a narcissistic zone -- everything she's happy about for someone else is filtered through her own happiness for herself.

Just watched the video from the Today Show with Jill and Derick telling the preggers story.

I LOVE how Derick said they are neither trying nor not trying, to have children. Then Jill jumps in with her "WE WANTZ ALL DA BABIES GOD WILL BLESS US WITH" and Derick is trying SO hard to keep a smiling face, but you see the hints of frustration and eye rolling in his facial expression. Maybe he was NOT trying to have kids, but Jill was so obsessed with wanting a honeymoon baby that she "helped" herself get pregnant.

Well Jill and Derrick don't seem to have had any trouble with that!

I think it would be easier for the couples who had so much chemistry before, like Jill and Derick and Chad and Erin, than the ones who don't seem to have as much of a connection and seem to barely tolerate eachother. Its going to be way harder for Jessa, good job she seems to be more dominant than Ben.

There's no guarantee that the wedding was timed as such. Honeymoon babies happen without any attention to timing. My father was a honeymoon baby. So was my idiot sister-in-law. And I guarantee that my 19 year old grandmother in 1941 had no idea how to time such things. Nor did my mother-in-law, who sweet and kind as she is, is not all that bright. She may not know what ovulation is now.

Pregnant 30 days after her first kiss... My oh my.

Many people think Jill might be having multiples based on a pic of her laying in Derek's arms. Her stomach does look quite larger than it should at 7-8 weeks, it's possible she' could be having twins. :?

Based off these pictures: http://duggars.tumblr.com/post/95284178 ... post-notes

I have to admit as much as this family makes me roll my eyes, it's fun having news to snark over. I haven't posted since the wedding and now Ben and Jessa are engaged and Jill is pregnant. It was getting a bit boring there without anything new.

I don't get why people are surprised or even disappointed.

She said approximately 5 billion times that she wanted babies right away, she has always seemed the most content with the lifestyle, she seems like just a VERY enthusiastic person in general. So she was totally happy learning to be a mid-wife, totally happy with her courtship, totally happy planning a wedding, and now totally happy to be pregnant.

Plus she certainly knows enough about reproduction to time her wedding to fit with likely ovulation. And, realistically, EVERY pregnancy results from one act of intercourse, and in normally fertile young people it's just as likely to be on the first cycle as the 4th.

I think all the Duggars will happily have their first baby as soon as possible after marriage. It's more likely when they get to the 3rd or 4th baby that they'll decide to either slow things down ( one way or another), keep having as many as possible but be increasingly stressed, or, possibly, happily have a mega family.

Also, I know it's different because they knew each other such a short time and had the whole courtship thing--- but I think it's pretty common for couples to start having children as soon as they are married, isn't it?

I agree, it's not surprising news at all. However, in the video on People's site Derick said that the news was surprising. Really, Derick? You have been having unprotected (presumably) so a pregnancy should not be some shocking, earth shattering event. In other news, the sun rose this morning.

Now I want to be petty and shallow and snark on the couch they were sitting on in that video. Where did they drag that gaudy monstrosity up from? And what is with that staircase in the background?

ugh. just ugh. the only thing that surprises me is the timing, that it's so soon after the wedding. even josh and anna went without getting preggers for a little while. it kind of makes one a little...suspicious...if you know what i mean lol. knowing the family, i'm like 99.999999999999999999999% sure that it was a fluke thing, but there's always that part that wonders...*shrug*

my literal first reaction was, "she's never going to know what life is like without kids." she raised her brothers and sisters and now that she's pregnant, she will have zero knowledge of what life is like when it doesn't revolve around babies. kinda sad, to me.

Archived