IGNORED

All Things Doug Phillips & VF, Including Lourdes's Lawsuit

happy atheist

Potter said, "Substitute, claim the future for Christ and Dietrich is a Post-Millenialist." He was making the quote better (in his mind) by imagining Bonhoffer as a Post-Millenialist.

Ah, now that makes sense. Thanks for translating the Fundie-speak for me.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those wondering what the precious eldest son has been up to...he is going by JT Philips on FB since all of our favorite fundies have recently added him as their friend. He is " working" at Reformation Bible College in FL where the Sprouls attend/pastor/teach....Darby "graduated" from there as did her husband....SO, there you go.....We always knew R.C Sproul still loved Dougie, he attended Darby's wedding which I found disgusting...I wonder how Sproul would have felt if something had happened to Darby like it did Lourdes??? And for the record, I do not think that the children should suffer the sins of their father but there is something so irritating about Joshua Phillips...probably the way he was exalted and fawned over by his father on FB......

For those wondering what the precious eldest son has been up to...he is going by JT Philips on FB since all of our favorite fundies have recently added him as their friend. He is " working" at Reformation Bible College in FL where the Sprouls attend/pastor/teach....Darby "graduated" from there as did her husband....SO, there you go.....We always knew R.C Sproul still loved Dougie, he attended Darby's wedding which I found disgusting...I wonder how Sproul would have felt if something had happened to Darby like it did Lourdes??? And for the record, I do not think that the children should suffer the sins of their father but there is something so irritating about Joshua Phillips...probably the way he was exalted and fawned over by his father on FB......

In Spanky's mind, something like that just wouldn't happen to Darby. Darby is a good "covenant" girl who would have "cried out," unlike Lourdes who "let" it happen.

Look at this chilling thread from the Reconstructionist Theonomists Facebook page to see just how effed up their views on rape are. Hell, some of them don't even believe that rape is a "thing" because the Bible never uses the word "rape."

facebook.com/groups/478280035590690/permalink/757950454290312/

Reformation Bible College seems to be a full-employment center for the Sproul family & associates.

On the other hand, considering that JT has a SOTDRT education, RBC could be a good alternative to WalMart.

I'd wondered that before, if Doug and Beall gave their kids the kind of junk education that's so common in these circles. On the one hand, why should they be any different? On the other, they're both obviously intelligent people to have kept the VF circus going as long as it did. They're not isolationists like the Maxwells and their kids are more widely travelled than most people, even among non-fundies. Even though the trips were often dumb (D-Day dress up, anaconda hunting), they've at least seen the world. If Doug was hoping Joshua Titus would one day take over the empire, go to law school and pass a bar exam, follow in his footsteps, he had to have taken good care of his schooling, right? To run a good con, I imagine it helps to be more worldly and educated than your marks.

I'd wondered that before, if Doug and Beall gave their kids the kind of junk education that's so common in these circles. On the one hand, why should they be any different? On the other, they're both obviously intelligent people to have kept the VF circus going as long as it did. They're not isolationists like the Maxwells and their kids are more widely travelled than most people, even among non-fundies. Even though the trips were often dumb (D-Day dress up, anaconda hunting), they've at least seen the world. If Doug was hoping Joshua Titus would one day take over the empire, go to law school and pass a bar exam, follow in his footsteps, he had to have taken good care of his schooling, right? To run a good con, I imagine it helps to be more worldly and educated than your marks.

Doug & Beall are better-educated than many of their erstwhile sycophants. They met at William and Mary and married after graduation. Doug got a law degree at a school in the DC area (name escapes me) although some have said that it was Beall who earned it for him!

Like many college-educated parents in this movement, though, Doug & Beall really do seem to have inflicted the bullshit SOTDRT education on their kids. Apart from the nonsense spewed by Bill Potter et al. on those Faith & Freedom Tours, the Phillips children don't appear to have received significant, bona fide outside instruction or to have to taken classes, even through College Minus, as Jasmine Baucham Holmes did.

This is why it's so handy for Doug to have his good buddy, Spanky Sproul, in charge of a cash cow ministry like an unaccredited bible college. Reformation Bible College appears to be part of Ligonier Industries Ministries, a 501©(3) non-profit: http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2 ... 66b6-9.pdf

You'll have to scroll down 30-40 pages, but you'll see what I mean by full employment for the Sproul family and selected others.

Beall's updated her FB page today, commemorating the 70-year anniversary of the flag-raising on Iwo Jima, and just coincidentally plugging a new post on the Phillips daughters' "Operation Meatball" blog. "Ten years ago Doug and Joshua and Justice travelled to the island and Mt. Suribachi as part of the filming of 'The League of Grateful Sons.'"

They do continue to ride in the WWII history/cosplay/VF-production bandwagon, don't they?

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping to report - a genuine Tool sighting!

Beall has updated her FB page with two video clips from an old (2013?) San Antonio Int'l. Christian Film Festival. She's promoting "The Drop Box," one of the award-winning films - apparently it's being released to theaters this week. But for those who've been missing Dougie, here's your chance for a quick fix.

facebook.com/BeallPhillips?fref=ts

Look at this chilling thread from the Reconstructionist Theonomists Facebook page to see just how effed up their views on rape are. Hell, some of them don't even believe that rape is a "thing" because the Bible never uses the word "rape."

facebook.com/groups/478280035590690/permalink/757950454290312/

That is the most repellent series of comments I've ever read; "chilling" is truly the correct word here. The only person to challenge the commentary is, of course, a woman.

That is the most repellent series of comments I've ever read; "chilling" is truly the correct word here. The only person to challenge the commentary is, of course, a woman.

I never want to go back to that page again.

I never want to go back to that page again.

Terri McAllister is a woman. She somehow earned some law degree online. When the blog post from that Catholic father did a post about why he would never send his daughters to college she did a satire on it of why she would never allow her daughters to be strippers. In that she felt it was equivalent. I wish I could find it again. She's so arrogant and bigoted it's breath taking. Proof that you don't have to be a man to be a chauvinist pig. "The woman's consent to it does not determine whether or not it is sinful." She makes Lori Alexander look warm and welcoming.

Beall posted a photo of Justice for his 20th birthday. I don't know why, but I feel sorry for him (whereas I couldn't care less what happens to J-Tit). He just gives off this vulnerable vibe.

Beall posted a photo of Justice for his 20th birthday. I don't know why, but I feel sorry for him (whereas I couldn't care less what happens to J-Tit). He just gives off this vulnerable vibe.

Justice never got the Doug's Blog attention given to J-Tit. He usually only appeared if a second older boy was needed for cosplay or a VF cataglog layout.

Justice never got the Doug's Blog attention given to J-Tit. He usually only appeared if a second older boy was needed for cosplay or a VF cataglog layout.

Justice wasn't as attractive as J-Tit or as much of a natural in front of a camera when they were teens. IMHO, Justice is more attractive than J-Tit now.

(I would NEVER normally judge the looks of teens. Lord knows I was not a charismatic looker back then, and I always felt like I was judged too harshly. You just have to look at it through the cold marketing eyes of the Tool. You know, their dad. :( )

I always got the feeling that J-Tit was "the pretty one" who got all the attention with his classic Hollywood teenage idol looks in a cult that was obsessed with image. Must be so hard to grow up in the shadow of "the good looking sibling".

I just saw the photo and Justice is growing into looking like a Manly Man, not at all like his effiminate father and brother. He really is good looking, but probably doesn't realize it himself, after spending a lifetime as the ugly duckling.

Wake up Justice, you are hot! :P

Poor forgotten Justice. Its tough being the unfavourite kid. Especially when your father is the leader of a cult and also a rapist.

Back when DPIART had his blog, he had little "Everyday News" videos featuring his kids. Only the prettiest ones made the cut. Depressing. So many reasons to call him a tool.

Back when DPIART had his blog, he had little "Everyday News" videos featuring his kids. Only the prettiest ones made the cut. Depressing. So many reasons to call him a tool.

JT, Faith, and of course the pwecious Virginia seem to have been his favorites. God he makes me queasy.

JT, Faith, and of course the pwecious Virginia seem to have been his favorites. God he makes me queasy.

Actually, before Virginia was born, Honor used to be featured regularly. He pretty much faded out of the blog pictures after Virginia's arrival.

Its awful how Doug treats his poor children, like they only exist to sell his shitty products and promote the brand. When youre a parent, you cant show favouritism, and you cant just post pictures of the pretty ones, because you see each and every one of them as absolutely beautiful because they are your children and you love them.

I am going to sound like a real asshole, but JTits (hee!) is one of the few people I'd really like to smack with a 2x4. All those years of watching his smarminess ooze out of the computer screen while Doug was being the biggest Tool that ever tooled made me sick. How I loathed his shit-eating grin and watching him gloat in his fucking period costumes whilst young fair maidens pranced around him in adoration of his patriarchal manhood. I just really, really hated that fucking kid and kept waiting for the day he took a huge fall from his pedestal. I had really hoped that day was finally here when Tool-O-Ween arrived, but sadly it appears that reality hasn't given him the massive smack that I have been hoping for yet.

Yes, I do have a small amount of pity for Prince Tits. I am not completely heartless. He was reared to be a prince and he has played his part well. I fully blame Tool and BeAll for that. WTF is BeAll's problem anyway? She is another one that should be smacked. And don't get me started on Tool. Smacking is too good for him. I am thinking alone the lines of castration here......

Sorry for the violent post. This smug family sets me off.

Add me to the list that has always thought that Justice was far more handsome than Tits. Nice-looking young man with a solid build and no nasty-smelling arrogance lingering about. Run, Justice. Escape the toolshed.

Nolan has posted some videos that he and his siblings made for Doug's Everyday News Network. Barf alert for the biblical gender role playing. "Claire's kitchen... Claire makes us dinner... Claire rings the dinner bell..." ENOUGH.

facebook.com/nolan.manteufel/posts/816201831760655?pnref=story

Nolan has posted some videos that he and his siblings made for Doug's Everyday News Network. Barf alert for the biblical gender role playing. "Claire's kitchen... Claire makes us dinner... Claire rings the dinner bell..." ENOUGH.

Those led me to these, some of which I know we've posted before. Some were new to me, though. Gender-role indoctrination abounds. Such cute, dear children, being brought up with crap. I wonder how many of them are still steeped in it.

[bBvideo 560,340:18ct6lzm]

[/bBvideo]

Why in the hell would he post video's he made for the man who raped his wife for people to "enjoy" on facebook??? Am I missing something here? :?

Why in the hell would he post video's he made for the man who raped his wife for people to "enjoy" on facebook??? Am I missing something here? :?

I thought of that, as well. But perhaps it's just part of the process of sorting out what was poisonous and what was normal about their upbringing -- condemning all of one's memories isn't always necessary. Other than the gender-role problems, and the fact that they were made under Doug's auspices, those videos are mostly regular kid stuff.

I'm from the "the jury is still out" school of thought on Nolan. He may be a work in progress, or it may be that Lourdes jumped from the frying pan into - well, maybe a not-quite-as-dangerous other frying pan. I don't think we know enough to tell, so I'm open to both the most benign and most worrisome interpretation of what he says and does, and everything in between.

BTW, Jen Fishburne commented.

Archived