IGNORED

All Things Doug Phillips & VF, Including Lourdes's Lawsuit

happy atheist

Bumping to report that Peter BRADRICK!'s Facebook page has disappeared again. Don't know if it means anything...but perhaps the lawyers have come looking for him...

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bumping to report that Peter BRADRICK!'s Facebook page has disappeared again. Don't know if it means anything...but perhaps the lawyers have come looking for him...

That has to have been very recent since I know I looked at his FB page even just a week ago and it was still up (and the kids' photo of them sitting along a dock was his cover photo and wondering why there were only five of the six kids in it). I do wonder if maybe his time has come to talk to the investigators...

That has to have been very recent since I know I looked at his FB page even just a week ago and it was still up (and the kids' photo of them sitting along a dock was his cover photo and wondering why there were only five of the six kids in it). I do wonder if maybe his time has come to talk to the investigators...

I would not be surprised at all that any investigators would come calling at this point. There's been enough time since DPIAT's fall and Lourdes' lawsuit for that to happen. And Peter's been close enough to DPIAT for years, that would not be something that any investigators / lawyers would ignore.

It is recent -- Bradrick!'s profile still comes up in the search box.

[LOL - kinda reveals the extent of FB-stalking being done but it will be a sad, sad day when FB starts telling people who's looking at their profiles, like LinkedIn does!]

Oh please. People don't detox from the kool-aid that fast. They confronted Doug? So fucking what? She still stayed in Doug's household.

Yes, Doug is the one responsible here, but it was her parents who joined BCA/VF freely. Their kids? No. So they deserve some of the guilt here. But I seriously doubt they feel any.

What if a Duggar or Bates daughter was one of Gothard's victims. Would we be feeling sorry for the parents? Think on that.

Ok, so the Torres family had just moved out of Catholicism and into the Protestant church and the first thing they run into is BCA... which was very different back in the early days that what it became. You are too pessimistic Rosy... and I think they do feel guilt and remorse, but moreso that they were duped.

I don't think they feel sorry at all. If anything the probably still put some of the blame on Lordes.

No, no, and no.

I'm not being pessimistic. I just have no sympathy for fundies.

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping to report that the case file was updated today:

2/2/2015 FIRST AMENDED PETITION

The wheels of justice turn slowly, but I'm hopeful Lourdes can stick it out, and stick it to him.

Thank you for the update. Over on spiritual sounding board website, there's a bittersweet article about a young woman whose love affair was doomed from the start because of Doug Phillips' cult. Old Doug is now a member in good standing of a non-family integrated church, and while the author of the article is doing fine, her ex possibly never will. i've been thinking about starting a topic here, if somebody else wants to beat me to it, that would be good. Even though Doug Phillips and Vision Forum are no longer a thing in operation, his foul stench lingers on, and who knows for how long?

Bumping to report that the case file was updated today:

The wheels of justice turn slowly, but I'm hopeful Lourdes can stick it out, and stick it to him.

It looks as though this may actually be heading for trial. Best wishes and strength to Lourdes. Hang in there!

• 2 weeks later...
Yet another case update:

I really appreciate the updates, even if they are few and far between. Thanks, Marian!

I really appreciate the updates, even if they are few and far between. Thanks, Marian!

You're welcome! There are now three updates from February 11:

2/11/2015 SERVICE ASSIGNED TO CLERK 3

2/11/2015 REQUEST FOR SERVICE AND PROCESS

2/11/2015 LETTER TO DISTRICT CLERK FROM DAVID GIBBS III RE: REQUEST FOR PROCESS

The wheels of justice turn slowly, but they are turning.

What does that mean? Serving papers on someone? Who the court reporter will be?

Clerk 3 needs to track "it" and makes sure all parties are served properly. "It" is whatever was filed and needs to be served.

As for who it is assigned too- that was already done, this case is assigned to a court and will be on someone's docket. Someone could be judge, referee, etc- depends on the state and how it works in that state. I'm not in Texas and only have a glimmer of idea what happens in Texas courts - I only have child support knowledge not this type of lawsuit. Serving papers is pretty universal across every type of court case.

Moar updates!! :D

2/13/2015 CITATION CERTIFIED MAIL

VISION FORUM MINISTRIES INC

ISSUED: 2/13/2015

2/13/2015 CITATION CERTIFIED MAIL

VISION FORUM MINISTRIES INC

ISSUED: 2/13/2015

(Not a typo - there are two citations listed.)

Moar updates!! :D

(Not a typo - there are two citations listed.)

Thank you!

I speak very little legalese -- can someone please give commentary on what this information might indicate? Thank you in advance!!

They appear to be serving VF. Does that mean it still exists? I thought it was all shut down. Or would the papers be served on DPIAT wherever he is now?

They appear to be serving VF. Does that mean it still exists? I thought it was all shut down. Or would the papers be served on DPIAT wherever he is now?

I couldn't find a way to get corporate information free from the TX State site (low taxes mean more fees, duh) but I did find this I cannot verify that corporationwiki is trustworthy, but I found it interesting. (I suspect Doug kept the corporation going if he knew he would need a corporate shield...) ETA.. I just checked it against a company I know well and it has a former ceo as current ceo, so I will not vouch for the 100% accuracy of their info. HOwever, the company I checked has no mention of being checked or updated, (This person still lists his former position on Facebook and Linked in as active, so they may have got their info there)

corporationwiki.com/Texas/San-Antonio/the-vision-forum-inc/35284571.aspx

Overview of The Vision Forum, Inc. in San Antonio, TX

The Vision Forum, Inc. filed as a Domestic For-Profit Corporation in the State of Texas on Tuesday, December 16, 1997 and is approximately eighteen years old, as recorded in documents filed with Texas Secretary of State. The filing is currently active as of the last data refresh which occured on Monday, February 16, 2015.

Key People

Doug Phillips serves as the President

Thomas Lyles is the Secretary of The Vision Forum, Inc.. Thomas's additional corporate interests include Cjl Acquisition, Inc., Mission City Management, Inc. and twelve more corporations. Thomas's past corporate affiliations include Jhasa Gp, LLC, Home Dome, L.L.C. and five others.

The Director of The Vision Forum, Inc. is Dave Keith.

Thomas W. Lyles is also the registered agent for the company. Also known as a statutory or resident agent, the registered agent is responsible for receiving legal notifications regarding court summons, lawsuits, and other legal actions involving the corporate entity.

From that site, we can click and get to yet another Vision Forum Inc listing with slightly different information. It mentions Joshua Weans "is" the CFO, but uses past tense as Doug PHilips WAS the owner. It lists other groups Doug is part of (as it lists Thomas Lyle's above)

corporationwiki.com/Texas/San-Antonio/the-vision-forum-inc/48838157.aspx

It says he Vision Forum Inc

Active Refreshed 2/13/2015 - This profile created using data from Dun & Bradstreet. (but again, I don't know how accurate they are)

Industry: Ret Mail-Order House

San Antonio, TX (210) 340-5250

Overview of The Vision Forum Inc in San Antonio, TX

This profile for The Vision Forum Inc is located in San Antonio, TX. The Vision Forum Inc industry is listed as Ret Mail-Order House.

Key People

Joshua Wean serves as the Chief Financial Officer

Doug Phillips was the Owner of The Vision Forum Inc. Doug's additional corporate interests include Shelby Kennedy Foundation, Inc., National Center for Family-Integrated Churches .

And, when we look at Shelby Kennedy Foundation, INc, we find

corporationwiki.com/Texas/San-Antonio/shelby-kennedy-foundation-inc/37795823.aspx

Overview of Shelby Kennedy Foundation, Inc. in San Antonio, TX

Shelby Kennedy Foundation, Inc. filed as a Domestic Nonprofit Corporation in the State of Texas on Friday, May 25, 2007 and is approximately eight years old, as recorded in documents filed with Texas Secretary of State. The filing is currently active as of the last data refresh which occured on Monday, February 16, 2015.

Key People

Daryl Wolking serves as the Treasurer

Richard Welch is the Director of Shelby Kennedy Foundation, Inc.. Richard's additional corporate interests include Rehabilitation and Recovery, Inc., Aqua Mist, Inc. and sixteen more corporations. Richard's past corporate affiliations include Richard Welch, Inc., Vertical Access Group, Inc. and four others.

The Director of Shelby Kennedy Foundation, Inc. is John Leininger. . John has other corporate interests including Mercy International, Pregnancy Care Center and three more corporations. John's past corporate affiliations include Mission City Acquisition, Inc., Kinetic Aids, Inc. and six others.

The registered agent for the company is Thomas W. Lyles. Also known as a statutory or resident agent, the registered agent is responsible for receiving legal notifications regarding court summons, lawsuits, and other legal actions involving the corporate entity.

And So On and So Forth and Scooby doobie doooo....

It may well mean nothing, but this crap is the kind of stuff I could spend all day playing with.

^^^^

Is John Leininger James Leiniger's brother?

^^^^

Is John Leininger James Leiniger's brother?

Looks like he is, per Ancestry.com.

Mom was Bernita McIntosh "Bunny" Leininger, died 31 Oct. 2010. Children's names: Peter, James, John, Daniel, and Michael.

OT

"This profile created using data from Dun & Bradstreet."

I was getting calls from Dun & Bradstreet, but no messages, and finally picked up a call to what they wanted, and now have evidence that they're not particularly credible: So in 2000, my family charged the hotel bill for a school club's field trip to a credit card. We've been getting credit card offers in the mail for that club since. The calls last month were trying to update the business listing - turns out, someone put the school club at our mailing address and thought it was a business, and Dun & Bradstreet were just verifying it.

Conversation:

Them: Is this [mangled club's name]?

Me: What?

Them: [mangled club name]?

Me: Do you mean the highschool [club]?

Them: Is this [club]?

Me: [club] doesn't exist.

Them: What do you mean?

Me: That was a school club, 15 years ago.

Them: So it doesn't exist?

Me: I was on that club in highschool. It was never at this address, and it doesn't exist anymore.

Them: Can you confirm this?

Me: ...

I wish I could remember what credit card company it was - then we would know who was using D&B's bad info.

Second OT: Is anyone else getting double like buttons and double like posts?

OT

"This profile created using data from Dun & Bradstreet."

I was getting calls from Dun & Bradstreet, but no messages, and finally picked up a call to what they wanted, and now have evidence that they're not particularly credible: So in 2000, my family charged the hotel bill for a school club's field trip to a credit card. We've been getting credit card offers in the mail for that club since. The calls last month were trying to update the business listing - turns out, someone put the school club at our mailing address and thought it was a business, and Dun & Bradstreet were just verifying it.

Conversation:

Them: Is this [mangled club's name]?

Me: What?

Them: [mangled club name]?

Me: Do you mean the highschool [club]?

Them: Is this [club]?

Me: [club] doesn't exist.

Them: What do you mean?

Me: That was a school club, 15 years ago.

Them: So it doesn't exist?

Me: I was on that club in highschool. It was never at this address, and it doesn't exist anymore.

Them: Can you confirm this?

Me: ...

I wish I could remember what credit card company it was - then we would know who was using D&B's bad info.

Second OT: Is anyone else getting double like buttons and double like posts?

I sometimes deal with their reports at work and Dun & Bradstreet reports vary widely in credibility because their report is only as good as their data source. With regard to actual corporations who have to file reports with a state, they're usually pretty good because their information source is the state's corporation agency. For things like your school club where they are getting info from other sources, it's not always accurate or current info.

I haven't run into too many problems with corporate entity information (sometimes it's about a year out of date, but that's it). However, with clubs and unincorporated nonprofits, my D&B results have been all over the board. I generally don't rely on D&B alone, but it gives me a starting point for research into other databases.

Hmm. Beall Phillips posted a quote on Facebook on 2/5. I guess she and Doug need to feel optimistic.

The essence of optimism is that it takes no account of the present, but it is a source of inspiration, of vitality and hope where others have resigned; it enables a man to hold his head high, to claim the future for himself and not to abandon it to his enemy. Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Bill Potter took issue with the quote because Bonhoeffer is (gasp) a "Post-Millenialist." Does that make Potter a strict Theonomist/Christian Reconstructionist? The way these people split religious hairs confuses me.

Hmm. Beall Phillips posted a quote on Facebook on 2/5. I guess she and Doug need to feel optimistic.

Bill Potter took issue with the quote because Bonhoeffer is (gasp) a "Post-Millenialist." Does that make Potter a strict Theonomist/Christian Reconstructionist? The way these people split religious hairs confuses me.

Potter said, "Substitute, claim the future for Christ and Dietrich is a Post-Millenialist." He was making the quote better (in his mind) by imagining Bonhoeffer as a Post-Millenialist.

Edited for spelling.

Archived