IGNORED

All Things Doug Phillips & VF, Including Lourdes's Lawsuit

happy atheist

I think Nolan's "Enjoy" is more than a little dark and sarcastic. He's reminding everyone that he grew up in a cult.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Nolan's "Enjoy" is more than a little dark and sarcastic. He's reminding everyone that he grew up in a cult.

Could be. If so, I'm not sure some of the people commenting get that.

Fasten your seatbelts, folks - here's the latest progress on the case:

2/13/2015 CITATION CERTIFIED MAIL

VISION FORUM MINISTRIES INC

ISSUED: 2/13/2015

ISSUED: 2/13/2015 RECEIVED: 2/13/2015

EXECUTED: 3/4/2015 RETURNED: 3/9/2015

3/13/2015 SERVICE ASSIGNED TO CLERK 2

3/13/2015 LETTER TO DISTRICT CLERK

FROM DAVID C GIBBS III

RE: REQUEST FOR PROCESS

3/13/2015 REQUEST FOR SERVICE AND PROCESS

3/16/2015 CITATION

DON HART

ISSUED: 3/16/2015

3/16/2015 CITATION

JAMES ZES

3/16/2015 CITATION

SCOTT BROWN

3/16/2015 CITATION

DON HART

3/16/2015 CITATION

JAMES ZES

3/16/2015 CITATION

SCOTT BROWN

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Let the fun begin!!!!!!

Why in the hell would he post video's he made for the man who raped his wife for people to "enjoy" on facebook??? Am I missing something here? :?

Yeah, why? A man who truly loves his wife wouldn't do that. Nolan needs a swift kick in the nuts for that.

(OMG, and may I just add that I am over the moon that I just realized my post count name has changed to "Fundie Wedding Crasher". I am giddy with excitement!!!!!!!).

FROM DAVID C GIBBS III

3/16/2015 CITATION

DON HART

3/16/2015 CITATION

JAMES ZES

3/16/2015 CITATION

SCOTT BROWN

Pardon my ignorance, but what are these "citations". Are these men being deposed in this case?

I see Scottie Brown's name has come up. He cannot hide his relationship with DPIAR forever. I'll bet there are some nasty skeletons buried in his closet, as well.

Hart, Brown and Zes were all on the board of Vision Forum Ministries.

With the usual "I am not a lawyer" disclaimer - I believe the citations mean they will be required to appear in court (or some other law-related venue) for questioning, probably something along the lines of "What did you know, and when did you know it?"

Hart, Brown and Zes were all on the board of Vision Forum Ministries.

With the usual "I am not a lawyer" disclaimer - I believe the citations mean they will be required to appear in court (or some other law-related venue) for questioning, probably something along the lines of "What did you know, and when did you know it?"

Interesting. Thank you, Marian!

Yeah, why? A man who truly loves his wife wouldn't do that. Nolan needs a swift kick in the nuts for that.

I have had a little back and forth in a private message with Nolan on Facebook. He seems super nice and respectful. I don't know him but I have a suspicion that DWT's theory may be correct.

So, if the 3 big boys on the board are receiving "citations" now, I suppose they are just starting at the top and working their way down, right? So it's still possible Bradrick! will also be called into the arena, right?

And isn't it possible Scottie will just lie about his knowledge to keep his reputation clean? What's to stop him other than perjury?

I am not sure the citation thing is that big of a deal. I am not sure how it works in Texas or wherever they are but in California If you wanted to depose someone, who wasn't a party, you would just issue a subpoena. The court would not be involved unless they failed to appear and you went to the court to make them appear, usually having the depo at the courthouse. It is a good scare tactic. The fact that service of process is one of the earlier entries makes me wonder if they were actually named as defendants in the action and this is about them being served with the complaint. For the most part, lawsuits don't take place at court but in some law office. We will never know if Lourdes or Dougie or anyone else is deposed because it's not something the court would be involved in. I will try and find out later what their state means by citation. I have never seen it before on a civil docket here. Does anyone know if they are in Texas or some other state?

A quick internet search says a citation in Texas is a legal notice and must have the following elements:

The Citation

The Citation must correctly identify:

• the case by cause number;

• the name and location of the court;

• the Petitioner and his or her address;

• the Respondent or Defendant and his or her address; and

• the date the Petition was filed and the citation was issued.

The Citation must also tell the Respondent about the time period he or she has to answer the lawsuit, and warn that a judgment may be taken against the Respondent for failing to answer the lawsuit within the answer period. Texas Rules of Civil Procedure, 99.

Good job Coconut Flan. So it appears that a citation is the same as a complaint. So Lourdes has either brought the others in as direct defendants or Dougie has filed a cross complaint against them. This may actually get interesting.

So, if the 3 big boys on the board are receiving "citations" now, I suppose they are just starting at the top and working their way down, right? So it's still possible Bradrick! will also be called into the arena, right?

And isn't it possible Scottie will just lie about his knowledge to keep his reputation clean? What's to stop him other than perjury?

Oh, I bet ol' Scotty is going to have a major case of amnesia.

FROM DAVID C GIBBS III

3/16/2015 CITATION

DON HART

3/16/2015 CITATION

JAMES ZES

3/16/2015 CITATION

SCOTT BROWN

Yay! the Usual Suspects. Can we all spell E-N-A-B-L-E-R-S. If not Спутник/sputniks/fellow travelers in the dark underside of "Christian" Fundiedom.

I'm so glad that not only Doug Phillips (Tool is too good a word for him) but also Scott Brown is going to have his feet held to the fire on this. Even just a little. Scottie is just a Doug wannabe in the making. Mark my words.

I think it's hilarious Scottie tried to distance himself and that he's getting nailed anyway. He will undoubtedly suffer from some kind of amnesia so he doesn't ruin his own empire, but hopefully that will backfire. And I still think he sent Bradrick! away to protect his daughter (or maybe Bradrick! ran away to save his own ass from the quicksand, hard to say). But inevitably, I think Bradrick! will get dragged down, too, especially if Scottie lies or "forgets". Peter has already testified on FB (and other places, I presume) about what he knew and sort-of when and the internet is forever, so that will come back to haunt Scottie if he chooses to have selective memory. This ought to be a fun watch, if any of it is made public.

Beall posted a photo of Justice for his 20th birthday. I don't know why, but I feel sorry for him (whereas I couldn't care less what happens to J-Tit). He just gives off this vulnerable vibe.

Honestly, I worry about all of the Phillips kids. I'll agree that when I've seen them and on the one occasion I met the family, JT gave off more than a hint of an arrogant vibe. However, given all that has been coming out, I have to wonder what life at home has been like for him and I wonder what might be going on behind the public face. Maybe he's cut from the same cloth as Daddy Dearest,but there might be an awful lot of hurt and confusion being masked.

I do agree that Justice seems more vulnerable. He has some mutual acquaintances in common with folks in my old church and from things they say, I get the impression that he is a genuinely decent person.

I figure the parents knew what they were doing, but the children couldn't choose how they were raised. I just hope they're all right.

I think it's hilarious Scottie tried to distance himself and that he's getting nailed anyway. He will undoubtedly suffer from some kind of amnesia so he doesn't ruin his own empire, but hopefully that will backfire. And I still think he sent Bradrick! away to protect his daughter (or maybe Bradrick! ran away to save his own ass from the quicksand, hard to say). But inevitably, I think Bradrick! will get dragged down, too, especially if Scottie lies or "forgets". Peter has already testified on FB (and other places, I presume) about what he knew and sort-of when and the internet is forever, so that will come back to haunt Scottie if he chooses to have selective memory. This ought to be a fun watch, if any of it is made public.

I am not at all surprised that Scottie tried to distance himself to no avail. I suspect that there's far too much out there plus with friends like DPIAT, who needs enemies. He would have no qualms throwing his old cohorts under the bus to save himself.

Hard to tell if Bradrick! was sent away to hide or ran away to save himself. I can see Scottie trying to shield his daughter and grandkids but either way, given Bradrick!'s involvement with DPIAT I can't imagine that it's going to do much good preventing the lawyers wanting to know what he knew and when.

I have a soft spot for Peter given all that has happened. No one knows if his remorse is just a show or if he truly was shocked and hurt by all that occurred, but I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt. He was very young when he was thrown into Tooltown as Rapey's minion and if his FB posting was truthful, when he confronted Rapey about his indiscretions, he was basically told to eat shit and die. If all this actually occurred, it could easily have shaken him to his core. And who could he turn to? Scotty? Scotty is just as involved as Rapey, and Peter is Scotty's son-in-law. So I think Peter did the best that he could - got the hell out of there. Yes, he moved back near his parents who sent him to Tooltown in the first place, but honestly where was he supposed to go? He ran back to familiar territory. And who knows? Perhaps these events have changed his parents as well. As far as we know, Peter has secured a job (a real job - not a fake disaster relief job BRADRICK!) and is doing his best to support his wife and kids. Time will tell how all this pans out for him, and we will see if he is named in court. But as of right now, I wish him well. It would be so nice to hear a success story come out of Tooltown - besides Lourdes, of course.

I am inclined to think that Bradrick!'s shock and hurt over the DPIAT scandal is genuine. At this point, I will also give him benefit of the doubt it seems he was really trying to reach DPIAT when he confronted him and was met with the full force of DPIAT's narcissistic rage. He was fooled all along by his parents, his upbringing, his SOTDRT education, by DPIAT himself. To see all that he believed in laid bare as a lie had to be a deep shock. At this point, I don't think he's faking it but I am sure he's scared about any court proceedings dragging him in if for no other reason, he's probably realized that his former wonderful mentor is someone who will thrown anyone under the bus. His blind faith and trust in DPIAT plus his proximity to him all time could make it very hard for him to prove he knew nothing even if it was the truth, as in he just naively overlooked a lot of things. Bradrick! could be in a tough position should the lawyers come calling so even if innocent, it would be smart to distance himself (if that's the reason for his move to WA) and hope for the best.

I do hope it all works out for him. We frequently express hopes for fundies to escape their lifestyles and get out into the real world. Who knew it that could be him. He's got a real world job and it would be a shame to see it shot down over this scandal but DPIAT is a nasty piece of work who will take everyone down with him.

Slightly off-topic, but Lourdes started community college in January. Pictures are on her Facebook, and she looks so happy. I wish her all the best!

Slightly off-topic, but Lourdes started community college in January. Pictures are on her Facebook, and she looks so happy. I wish her all the best!

That is awesome, good for her! :)

Looks like Scottie has responded to his citation - here's the latest update on the case:

3/16/2015 CITATION

SCOTT BROWN

ISSUED: 3/16/2015 RECEIVED: 3/16/2015

EXECUTED: 3/20/2015 RETURNED: 3/23/2015

No changes on the Hart/Zes citations as of today.

Archived