IGNORED

All Things Doug Phillips & VF, Including Lourdes's Lawsuit

happy atheist

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe someone who knows Beall should message her: your husband was excommunicated by his own rules. He also abused a young woman in his trust as a pastor and in his employee as a nanny in a grievious way. He should be ashamed and you should kick his ass to the curb. The end. He should also spend some time in jail, but that might be "gravy" to the situation.

What the HELL - it's okay to groom a young woman for abuse and then sexually assault and abuse her because SHE'S NOT MARRIED? I guess because she doesn't technically have an owner.....sorry, headship, so he's not being sinned against.

And we all know it's only sin if you do it to a man.

No, no, you don't understand! Those of us lacking penises, and who don't take the whole bible seriously just don't get it.

Haven't you read the reconstructionists before? There's a rabbit hole to fall down! Some of these guys are totally cool with polygamy too.

I still had the tab open, so a choice excerpt from Voddie's FB comments, my bolding, some snips for space, but grammar and spelling left intact

No kidding!

This shit is reason enough to wish boils and impotence on every last dominionist/reconstructionist and their patriarchal buddies.

That said, this shit is also what will slow or stop them ever from really taking over, because they will do what their grand forefathers did--kill one another over esoteric dogma differences. I want to be far enough from it to avoid the splatter, if it occurs.

I guess the remaining Boerne Identity :D feels like they just did this:

eVtmfLJ.jpg

But really it was more like this:

tumblr_mqhmm3F7FA1s8scfko1_500.gif

So far, this is the only Christian news source (that I've seen) who has picked it up:

worldmag.com/2014/11/doug_phillips_excommunicated_by_church_he_founded

That Robert Miller looks like a complete d-bag. Thank God for his wife's (wives?) sake he's a trucker because i bet she breathes a huge sigh of relief the minute he walks out the door.

His first accusation in the quote was that a married woman committing adultery was idolatry - right there it is, the patriarchal belief that the man is the woman's god on earth in human form. :angry-banghead:

People are hurt by these ideas. Families, wives, children, the sexual victims of men who believe this way. Sick. I hope he gets his just reward for his actions.

Also, why does whether the woman's in the armed forces have anything to do with which sin it is?

I just have to say, you know who is showing an incredible amount of restraint through this whole ordeal? Lourdes' parents.

Because I'll tell you something...if I was her mother, I would have had to move out of the country, to put as much geographical distance between that piece of shit DPIAR and myself as possible. Because if he came within 10 miles of me, I would hunt his sorry ass down, beat him to a pulp and listen to him beg for mercy while I decided whether to put him out of his misery or not.

Beall Phillips is a disgusting piece of work and I have NO pity for her. If some other man had done to one of her daughters, minor OR adult, what DPIAR did to Lourdes, she would be shouting non-stop to hang them higher than Haman. Yet she stands by that pathetic excuse for a human being...not only that, joins a huge church where he has fresh access to dozens more prospective victims. She deserves whatever misery she is living, for not taking her children and running for the hills from that slimeball.

This shit is reason enough to wish boils and impotence on every last dominionist/reconstructionist and their patriarchal buddies.

That said, this shit is also what will slow or stop them ever from really taking over, because they will do what their grand forefathers did--kill one another over esoteric dogma differences. I want to be far enough from it to avoid the splatter, if it occurs.

As someone else said upthread: "Friend, you speak my mind." :D

I went down the huge dominionist/reconstructionist rabbit hole last year when these guys started showing up all over the comments on DPIAT articles and TW Eston showed up too. I threw in Premillennial Dispensationalism for good measure. I checked out a few blogs and gave myself nightmares. God, they are weird -- and seemingly too busy trying to outdo each other in weirdness to be a threat. Yet.

If I'm not mistaken, Jewish law also defines adultery as sleeping with a married woman, so technically they are correct. However, Christian Canon Law came to define it as any married party sleeping with a non spouse. I guess the original definition is more convenient for Doug's situation right now. Fine. Let me know when they start keeping kosher and growing peyos. Tools, all of them.

Jen's "letters" to different people-holy fuck, they were creepy crazy. Cloak N Dagger, if you have a way of talking to Lourdes or her husbsnd, please ask them to be careful around Jen. She is just NOT RIGHT.

I'm quite surprised that Voddie left that discussion up on FB because I'd think those arguments would be too extreme even for his particular Baptist beliefs.

I agree with the caution on Jen. There is something seriously off about Jen and those letters were just plain creepy.

Jen probably gets things right 10% of the time. The rest should be taken with a bushel of salt.

I just have to say, you know who is showing an incredible amount of restraint through this whole ordeal? Lourdes' parents.

Because I'll tell you something...if I was her mother, I would have had to move out of the country, to put as much geographical distance between that piece of shit DPIAR and myself as possible. Because if he came within 10 miles of me, I would hunt his sorry ass down, beat him to a pulp and listen to him beg for mercy while I decided whether to put him out of his misery or not.

Beall Phillips is a disgusting piece of work and I have NO pity for her. If some other man had done to one of her daughters, minor OR adult, what DPIAR did to Lourdes, she would be shouting non-stop to hang them higher than Haman. Yet she stands by that pathetic excuse for a human being...not only that, joins a huge church where he has fresh access to dozens more prospective victims. She deserves whatever misery she is living, for not taking her children and running for the hills from that slimeball.

I liked your post, but I am going to quote you and tell you that these things have crossed my mind also. I have really wondered how Lourdes parents have been doing through this whole DPIAT scandal. What was done to their daughter was wrong on so many levels and it's a betrayal to them too, because this was their spiritual leader. It's possible that they may feel guilt over it too; they might feel that they delivered their daughter into DPIAT's clutches, though I hope is not the case. But I can see them possibly feeling that way.

Beall has had the chance to see her husband for who he really is. His true nature has been laid bare to her. That she is staying with him says a lot about her. Whether she is completely denying it to herself or doing a very good acting job (which may have been going on for years) who knows. But either way, she's actively choosing to stay with him in spite of knowing he broke his vows and in a very sleazy, criminal manner. She's choosing to stay with him and show the world that she still supports him, in spite of those sleazy actions. She's choosing to stay with him and show their children that this sort of atrocious behavior is without very serious consequences to a marriage, possibly setting them up for tolerating all kinds of poor behavior from spouses (and others) in their own lives. She's choosing to continue to put up with whatever misery she's in.

Normally I would feel bad for her, but that she sticks around after all this, I had to say it's rather difficult now. What her husband did should have been a huge lightbulb moment for her no matter what patriarchal hogwash she's been brainwashed to believe in.

I'd really like to know where the DPisTs are living now and it seems Beall too may have joined Hyde Park Baptist. I'm starting to wonder if the Phillips were INVITED to Hyde Park Baptist.

The Hyde Park Mission Statement/Beliefs says nothing about Biblical inerrancy or things that we associate with fundie denominations. Maybe I didn't look deep enough into the substance of their beliefs, but they seem pretty light compared to Boerne Christian Assembly.

Compare this to the Confession of Belief on the Boerne Christian Assembly Web site, which has 29 different entries.

Maybe the DPiaTs joined for the spa-level recreation facilities at the Quarries location.

Lemonhead, have you made a recon to HPBC?

Maybe the DPiaTs joined for the spa-level recreation facilities at the Quarries location.

That could be it. Sometimes I think that Doug's priorities in a church, regardless of doctrine, theology, or liturgy, can be summed up as "must be upscale."

:D

I'd really like to know where the DPIATs are living now and it seems Beall too may have joined Hyde Park Baptist. I'm starting to wonder if the Phillips were INVITED to Hyde Park Baptist.

The Hyde Park Mission Statement/Beliefs says nothing about Biblical inerrancy or things that we associate with fundie denominations. Maybe I didn't look deep enough into the substance of their beliefs, but they seem pretty light compared to Boerne Christian Assembly.

Compare this to the Confession of Belief on the Boerne Christian Assembly Web site, which has 29 different entries.

Lemonhead, have you made a recon to HPBC?

We discussed HPBC back here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21996&start=460

It is certainly not a FIC and not at all like BCA. Several people here were familiar with it and I'd love to hear about any Doug sightings. Lemonhead?

I doubt that HPBC invited Doug to attend. I'd say Doug went church-shopping and this was the first one that took him.

Re. Beall. Sometimes the "victim" is less of a victim than a happy collaborator. I go back and forth about Beall and also Teri Maxwell on this question. They both seem OK with oppressing others but how oppressed are/have they been themselves?

First, involvement at HPBC can only be a positive for the Phillips children as opposed the fake churches their father & his erstwhile cronies set up.

Second, I agree with thoughtful -- when it comes to a church for himself (as opposed to a "church" he's making up for others), Doug will want only the best & to be surrounded by top-drawer people. See and be seen, you know.

Sending a matriarch to do a patriarch's job.

Tsk tsk tsk....

In any case, Boerne's excommunication [sic] of Doug seems more like a disfellowshipping, which seems to me to be saying, this guy is no longer part of us, he's no longer welcome in our church at all. That's why it doesn't surprise me that Beall is all het up about it. Doug started that club, Doug left that club, that club can't tell him he's not a member no more!

Beall would do well to keep her yap shut, if she indeed has any interest in helping DPIART's court case succeed. She already has well and truly shot herself and DPIART in the foot by sending Lourdes that email in which she memorably voiced "concerns" about the impact Lourdes's outing of DPIART would have on her "marriage prospects." (I got the lulz from that stuffy, Victorian turn of phrase.)

Lourdes's "marriage prospects," etc., seem to have turned out just fine. She's married to someone who's in college to develop an actual career, and she has a job, a social life, and outside interests that sound like a lot of fun. No matter how the court case pans out, LOURDES WON.

Beall would do well to keep her yap shut, if she indeed has any interest in helping DPIART's court case succeed. She already has well and truly shot herself and DPIART in the foot by sending Lourdes that email in which she memorably voiced "concerns" about the impact Lourdes's outing of DPIART would have on her "marriage prospects." (I got the lulz from that stuffy, Victorian turn of phrase.)

Lourdes's "marriage prospects," etc., seem to have turned out just fine. She's married to someone who's in college to develop an actual career, and she has a job, a social life, and outside interests that sound like a lot of fun. No matter how the court case pans out, LOURDES WON.

I'd quite forgotten that email! Beall is a viper.

Yes, Lourdes is a winner -- whatever happens in court.

In addition to being a rapist and a tool, Doug Phillips is also a COWARD. I would bet my own money that Beall's statement on the excommunication was actually ghost written by Doug. The manly man is hiding behind his wife's skirt. Women and children first, my ass. First under the bus is more like it.

In addition to being a rapist and a tool, Doug Phillips is also a COWARD. I would bet my own money that Beall's statement on the excommunication was actually ghost written by Doug. The manly man is hiding behind his wife's skirt. Women and children first, my ass. First under the bus is more like it.

Oh, yes. I thought something similar when I read the "your marriage prospects will SUFFER!!!" email.

Oh, yes. I thought something similar when I read the "your marriage prospects will SUFFER!!!" email.

And interesting to see how Lourdes' "marriage prospects" really (and happily) worked out.

Agree that the excommunication statement smacked of Doug behind it all.

That could be it. Sometimes I think that Doug's priorities in a church, regardless of doctrine, theology, or liturgy, can be summed up as "must be upscale."

:D

I remember in one of DPIAT's early tape sets he railed against a well-known church that had a hair salon and bowling alley. But he also railed against adultery/fornication, lying, leaving a church to avoid discipline... ah, heck, he pretty much railed against EVERYTHING HE'S DONE!!

I am befuddled that he has ANY supporters left.

A jpeg of Beall's facebook post from Spiritual Sounding Board.

I read the last sentence

"but also reflects the authoritarianism that has always held a presence in a dark corner of Christianity"

and thought, Irony much, Beall?

DPiaT IS the authoritarianism in the dark corner of Christianity.

beall.jpg

The manly man is hiding behind his wife's skirt.

Time for this image again (no, I didn't make it -- just found it, years ago; Henry, whoever you are, I thank you):

sI4uzlz.jpg

This has nothing to do with anything current, but I just found this picture and had never seen it before.

Josh Phillips and Samuel Turley, the early days; because everything is better with dead animals and books full of manly man dominion adventures with a soupçon of racism:

4J6a22y.jpg

From Doug's archives:

vftonline.org/XianAnarch/cause/bush/www.visionforum.com/hottopics/blogs/dwp/2004_10_01_index.htm

When it comes down to it, an intelligent woman like Beall's decision to keep telling herself these things:

That the man is her representative of God to be obeyed

The "man above woman" power structure trumps basic human decency

The man has biblical license to use unmarried women

Letting this awful man use her fb and her email in her name (or it could have actually been Beall) and threatens the victim with missing out on a good life (marriage prospects)

No matter how many times she tells herself submitting to and obeying a terrible man is a virtue, yeah it all boils down to being a coward.

Even with the fact that she'll possibly struggle, experience poverty and intense humiliation to ask for help in leaving him. If he's not repenting from the effed up beliefs that caused all this in the first place, still hobnobbing with the upper crust, still living self-serving lies about morality; she needs to get her kids away, if she loves them. Otherwise she's just a coward who loves herself most. But i think she's been making that decision for YEARS now. Surely at a mainstream church, where divorce is acceptable and support is available to her. It says a lot about how much Doug knew he could count on Beall to keep supporting him, or how much Beall was involved in the whole mess, that he took his family to a place where Beall would have more chances to get away if she wanted to.

Archived