IGNORED

All Things Doug Phillips & VF, Including Lourdes's Lawsuit

happy atheist

The "man above woman" power structure trumps basic human decency

This part should have told her the type of man she's married to and run screaming. It's all well and good to stand by your spouse for better, for worse, but when it comes your spouse engaging in downright degrading, revulsive behavior that shows how he really views half of the human race, including the half you are part of, you should be so repulsed that you don't to be near him. For any reason or for any justification be it the kids, the church, God's will, whatever.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over on Spiritual Sounding Board they are discussing all of this. I find it rather nice that commenters on SSB are saying almost the same thing as posters on FJ. We are seeing the same picture from very different perspectives -- and are united in calling it out.

Not only has Jen come out of hibernation, the delightful TW Eston (AKA Kinist Peter Kershaw) has finally resurfaced on JensGems. I'd comment on his contribution but am suffering from extreme nausea. He does that to me.

I'd really like to know where the DPisTs are living now and it seems Beall too may have joined Hyde Park Baptist.

[snip]

Lemonhead, have you made a recon to HPBC?

Sadly, I have not visited HPBC--my daughter has soccer on Sunday mornings and heathens that we are, we have made that priority lately :D

I can confirm that Beall and two of their kiddos were welcomed into the HPBC fold last May, as seen on page 8 of the church's newsletter: http://www.joomag.com/magazine/mag/0191 ... re=archive

Perhaps I speculated on this back in May, but joining Hyde Park Baptist Church is likely just a sly ploy to appear more mainstream relative to the legal shitstorm swirling around.

And yes, Beall sees herself, her spouse and her family as the ONLY victims here. Her kids & Lourdes are certainly victims. She's screwed herself by electing to be a martyr standing at her husbands side, but that's her choice. And ya know, maybe at the bottom of this cascade of

God Hates Divorce

Stand by Your Man

No Skills to Support Herself if She Leaves

Forgive Husband's Transgressions because Headship/God/Jesus/Bible

she really does love her 8 kids & wants to keep the family intact in the midst of chaos and (who knows) she may really love The Doug.

Therefore, it is MUCH easier for her to blame "the other woman/debil made him do it" than to enter into a period of hard-core introspection about her husband's shortcomings and her religious beliefs, or maybe she senses the abyss should she take that time for introspection.

From Jen's Gems this morning:

Jen Says:

November 20, 2014 at 12:40 am

Beall Phillips blocked me on Facebook over this. That is very sad to me.

What on earth did Jen expect? Beall suddenly to fall into her arms with glad cries of reconciliation? :lol:

I'm only surprised that Beall didn't block Jen years ago.

What on earth did Jen expect? Beall suddenly to fall into her arms with glad cries of reconciliation? :lol:

I'm only surprised that Beall didn't block Jen years ago.

Perhaps Doug just now realized Jen was a friend and took advantage of the opportunity to block her. ;)

Oh, Jen, Jen, Jen. Move the fuck ON. There are plenty of other messed-up patriarchal fundie churches out there for you to pick from.

Perhaps Doug just now realized Jen was a friend and took advantage of the opportunity to block her. ;)

Ahah, so even though Jen was an ex-communicant, it was really OK to be "friends" with her on Facebook - likely for purposes of snooping, keeping tabs on, etc... Nice. Pretty sure they and others read here as well, of course.

Oh, Jen, Jen, Jen. Move the fuck ON. There are plenty of other messed-up patriarchal fundie churches out there for you to pick from.

The Jen/Doug battle is epic. Pretty much consumes their lives i bet. :roll: Well hers anyway. Doug has so many enemies and people he's threatened with lawsuits to keep him busy i don't know how he keeps track. Sad life of the politician. :lol:

i wonder what Jen would be like if she'd just gone into law after the military, instead of the cult. Probably one kick ass bitch winning cases. DPIAR got where he is because of old family connections. :music-tool:

i'm not on anyone's side, just speculating for fun :D

Ahah, so even though Jen was an ex-communicant, it was really OK to be "friends" with her on Facebook - likely for purposes of snooping, keeping tabs on, etc... Nice. Pretty sure they and others read here as well, of course.

And that is the best theory so far on why Beall didn't block Jen before. Creepy.

How people do go on over at Jen's Gems.

Found an interesting link after going down the Scott Brown rabbit hole related to a guest poster: a Web site that counts up days since Scott Brown and Jason Dohn were rebuked and have chosen not to repent:

3036 days

72886 hours

4373177 minutes

262390631 seconds

Wonder if someone will set one up for DPiaT?

Hmmm...it could just be that Jen and Beall weren't Facebook "friends." Because Beall's page is at least partly public, perhaps Jen was just "checking in" periodically on the page (and I totally agree that such "checking in" is ridiculous behavior that makes it that much harder for Jen to move on with her life). But Beall could still affirmatively block Jen at any time, making it impossible for Jen to see Beall's page while she (Jen) was logged into her (Jen's) Facebook account.

I hope like hell they were NOT Facebook friends.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I was checking the status of things today and BCA's website appears to be down. Being the techie that I am, I went looking for the reason. Looks like they may have missed a renewal on the domain but according to whois, it's fixed but the page is still parked -- but that's not what this post is about.

Once again, I am reminded of the hypocrisy of DPIAT. Turns out the BCA domain was registered in 2006 via GoDaddy. In fact, several of DPIAT's domains were registered via GoDaddy. Don't know if anyone recalls the GoDaddy SuperBowl ad of 2005 or the 2006 follow-on commercial (links below) but for all the wholesomeness that DPIAT espoused and BCA preached, I always found it a little odd that they would do business with GoDaddy. I guess it all make sense now.

2005 Superbowl ad:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9v5p4 ... cial_sport

2006 follow-on commercial:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9v5q6 ... 2006_sport

aka DPIAR=Doug Phillips Is A Rapist, aka DPIART=Doug Phillips Is A Raping Tool.

So, I was checking the status of things today and BCA's website appears to be down. Being the techie that I am, I went looking for the reason. Looks like they may have missed a renewal on the domain but according to whois, it's fixed but the page is still parked -- but that's not what this post is about.

Once again, I am reminded of the hypocrisy of DPIAT. Turns out the BCA domain was registered in 2006 via GoDaddy. In fact, several of DPIAT's domains were registered via GoDaddy. Don't know if anyone recalls the GoDaddy SuperBowl ad of 2005 or the 2006 follow-on commercial (links below) but for all the wholesomeness that DPIAT espoused and BCA preached, I always found it a little odd that they would do business with GoDaddy. I guess it all make sense now.

2005 Superbowl ad:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9v5p4 ... cial_sport

2006 follow-on commercial:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9v5q6 ... 2006_sport

BCA's web site is still down... seems a bit weird to me. Wonder what's up...

BCA's web site is still down... seems a bit weird to me. Wonder what's up...

Maybe they're just done with the drama and want to get on with their lives. After all, the website was only started by Doug in the first place to post a public discrediting of Jen, right?

I liked your post, but I am going to quote you and tell you that these things have crossed my mind also. I have really wondered how Lourdes parents have been doing through this whole DPIAT scandal. What was done to their daughter was wrong on so many levels and it's a betrayal to them too, because this was their spiritual leader. It's possible that they may feel guilt over it too; they might feel that they delivered their daughter into DPIAT's clutches, though I hope is not the case. But I can see them possibly feeling that way.

Beall has had the chance to see her husband for who he really is. His true nature has been laid bare to her. That she is staying with him says a lot about her. Whether she is completely denying it to herself or doing a very good acting job (which may have been going on for years) who knows. But either way, she's actively choosing to stay with him in spite of knowing he broke his vows and in a very sleazy, criminal manner. She's choosing to stay with him and show the world that she still supports him, in spite of those sleazy actions. She's choosing to stay with him and show their children that this sort of atrocious behavior is without very serious consequences to a marriage, possibly setting them up for tolerating all kinds of poor behavior from spouses (and others) in their own lives. She's choosing to continue to put up with whatever misery she's in.

Normally I would feel bad for her, but that she sticks around after all this, I had to say it's rather difficult now. What her husband did should have been a huge lightbulb moment for her no matter what patriarchal hogwash she's been brainwashed to believe in.

Does she have any choice? Eight children, no work experience. How does one inexperienced, unqualified adult make enough to rent a five bedroom house (once you're renting tenancy laws apply), and feed them all? I'll assume some are old enough to watch the younger kids after school, andthey're all school age so chld care coss won't come into it.

It may be a choice between using him for his earning power (door greeter a Walmart?) and starving.

I commend the actions of Lordes parents after the discovery of what Doug was doing. And I believe the family was also taken advantage of, but I do believe her parents have some amount of culpability. We have seen them in the Return of the Daughters video. They bought into patriarchy and women not going to school. They are not responsible for DPIAR's actions, but they most certainly are responsible for teaching Lordes the things that helped Doug prey on her.

Maybe they're just done with the drama and want to get on with their lives. After all, the website was only started by Doug in the first place to post a public discrediting of Jen, right?

Could be. One can only hope that the powers that be at BCA have decided to take a different turn and have done away with the site. My gut feeling is that, due to BCA's recent posting on Doug, they got a threatening letter from a lawyer and decided to make things disappear. While BCA *may* be done with DPIAT (that's a big *may*), it appears that DPIAT is NOT done with BCA as evidenced by DPIAT Beall's FB post. That's why I wonder what's up.

If I recall correctly, BCA's web site was started because it was pointed out (on Jen's site) that BCA, while claiming to be open to visitors and not an 'invitation only' church, didn't even have a website or any way for anyone to find out when/where they met. Soon after that the site went up with a basic map to the place. Eventually, the rebuttal letters (at least some of them) were posted there rather than on the VFI site and a few other items were added to give it a less knee-jerk look. It was more of the same "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!!!" from Doug.

I commend the actions of Lordes parents after the discovery of what Doug was doing. And I believe the family was also taken advantage of, but I do believe her parents have some amount of culpability. We have seen them in the Return of the Daughters video. They bought into patriarchy and women not going to school. They are not responsible for DPIAR's actions, but they most certainly are responsible for teaching Lordes the things that helped Doug prey on her.

If my father caught a much older man trying to break into my bedroom late at night, he would have shot his ass. End of story.

Does she have any choice? Eight children, no work experience. How does one inexperienced, unqualified adult make enough to rent a five bedroom house (once you're renting tenancy laws apply), and feed them all? I'll assume some are old enough to watch the younger kids after school, andthey're all school age so chld care coss won't come into it.

It may be a choice between using him for his earning power (door greeter a Walmart?) and starving.

She would have to humble herself to free her kids. The church they're in now is mainstream enough that i'm sure she would have a support system for women leaving abusive spouses, or she could find one in another church to distance herself. She could go on government assistance while looking for work. But Beall doesn't seem like the kind of woman who would sacrifice herself or her standard of living that much. I think she's in a self-denial bubble, and the kids are right there with her it seems like. If she stays with DPIAT and he gets back to a place of respect, Beall will be part of the blame. Her leaving him would be another nail in the coffin of him being able to come back.

If my father caught a much older man trying to break into my bedroom late at night, he would have shot his ass. End of story.

IIRC I believe Lourdes' brother and dad tried to do exactly that! They chased Doug in the dark down the street and when Dougie ran under a street lamp his identity was revealed to the family.

Archived