IGNORED

All Things Doug Phillips & VF, Including Lourdes's Lawsuit

happy atheist

If the Phillips are really hurting because of the lawsuit or the business closing, it isn't bad enough to keep them from travelling to Washington, DC and doing the reenactor stuff. Looks like they were there today. Stumbled across this from CNN and it looks like at least Faith and Jubilee were there (see Twitter pictures), but I cannot imagine that they were there by themselves.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/08/politics/ ... index.html

Thank you for this item, CnD.

Re: Doug Phillips' money. Well, is anyone surprised that he continues to have as much money as he needs to do what he wants?

We've all commented here for years on the incredibly tangled relationship between VF.com & VFM.org. From Canon L lenses to airfares for a family of 10 to Hawaii, Europe, and all points between, there was always money for Doug to do or have anything he wanted even though the IRS 990s for VFM did not indicate that level of income. We know, as well, that the VF.com side made some money but in part at the expense of employees like the Couglans who provided slave child labor for Christmas rush and so on. If he hadn't already been socking away funds from VFI and/or VFM for years, Doug certainly had enough time to divert money from these entities after his slow-motion fall from grace started, given his outsized influence in both organizations.

Nope, it was always clear that both the ministry and the business existed for the same purposes: to glorify & enrich Doug Phillips.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bumping to report more updates on the case information page:

5/6/2015 MEDIATOR ASSIGNED

JOE CASSEB

5/6/2015 MEDIATION HEARING SET

COURT: 000 TRIAL DATE & TIME: 9/4/2015 12:00AM

5/6/2015 ORDER FOR MEDIATION

JUDGE: RICHARD E. PRICE

VOL: 4382 PAGE: 1597 PAGE COUNT: 1

5/12/2015 MOTION TO COMPEL

DISCOVERY AND RESPONSE TO MOTION FOR PRO

TECTION OF LOURDES TORRES-MANTEUFEL

5/12/2015 NON-JURY

SETTING ON M/T COMPEL AND RESPONSE

TO M/F PROTECTION

COURT: 109 TRIAL DATE & TIME: 5/28/2015 8:30AM

Bumping to report more updates on the case information page:

So the motion compel means that the opposing side believes that Lourdes either did not provide complete responses to the discovery they propounded or did not provide any responses at all. The motion for protection of Lourdes means that there is something her side does not feel needs to be revealed so it just goes back to the motion for protective order. My guess is that it is something medical or sexual. Probably not financial as I do not see Lourdes rolling in money. I am guessing that both motions are about Lourdes as those two motions can go hand in hand.

Thanks both Marian and Socalrules.

I was just about to hit submit with "Can any of our resident Degreed Law ProfessionalsTM shed any light on what is going on here?" when Socalrules posted.

More case updates (don't know why the last two are duplicated):

5/19/2015 MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT

5/19/2015 EXHIBITS A-I

5/20/2015 AMENDED ANSWER OF

VISION FORUM MINISTRIES, DON HART, VISIO

N FORUM MINISTRIES DIRECTOR, JAMES ZES,

VISION FORUM MINISTRIES DIRECTOR, AND SC

OTT BROWN, VISION FORUM MINISTRIES DIREC

TOR

TOR

More case updates (don't know why the last two are duplicated):

5/19/2015 MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT

5/19/2015 EXHIBITS A-I

TOR

TOR

Interesting. I'd love to read those documents but sadly, I'm too far away to just bop on down to the courthouse and pull the file.

Re: Summary Judgment(SJ) - It's pretty standard to file one of these if you're the defendant. An SJ motion in most states (I don't even pretend to be a Degreed Law Professional in TX so take this with all the appropriate grains of salt) is just basically a way of saying, "Well judge, even if everything the plaintiff says is true and everything that's come out in discovery is true, there's still not enough here for plaintiff to win the case." You can also have partial SJ motions, where the judge strikes some portion of the claim but sends the rest on to trial.

Because a lot of defense attorneys file SJ motions as a matter of course, there may or may not be some actual issue going on here. But of course my nosy self would love to read it just to see. I'd also love to know why they felt the need to amend the answer.

5/21/2015 SECOND AMENDED PETITION

5/22/2015 NON-JURY

SETTING ON MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT

COURT: 109 TRIAL DATE & TIME: 6/24/2015 8:30AM

According to the Facebook page set up for her supporters, Lourdes is in college now, and plans on getting a masters degree in physics! Isnt that just so awesome! :)

It's nice to see that it's a real community college and a fundy factory.

What does that mean?

Sorry, I still have a few more posts to go before I become a Degreed Law Professional so I can offer no explanations. Just saw the updates hadn't been posted and thought, maybe, I could beat MarionTheLibrarian to the submit button. :-)

Edited fir tipoes.

Edited fir tipoes.

Apropos of nothing, I just really enjoyed this. :lol:

Sorry, I still have a few more posts to go before I become a Degreed Law Professional so I can offer no explanations. Just saw the updates hadn't been posted and thought, maybe, I could beat MarionTheLibrarian to the submit button. :-)

Edited fir tipoes.

:lol: Thanks Maxwell!!

More updates:

5/26/2015 INTENTION TO TAKE DEPOSITION OF

CARMEN TORRES AND ALFREDO TORRES

5/26/2015 NON-JURY

COURT: 109 TRIAL DATE & TIME: 6/25/2015 8:30AM

More updates:

5/26/2015 INTENTION TO TAKE DEPOSITION OF

CARMEN TORRES AND ALFREDO TORRES

5/26/2015 NON-JURY

COURT: 109 TRIAL DATE & TIME: 6/25/2015 8:30AM

DRAT!!! Foiled again!

5/28/2015 HEARING/TRIAL CRT REPORTER ASSIGNED

CD CINDY DEES, 288TH DISTRICT COURT

5/28/2015 JUDGES DOCKET NOTES

Edited to remove a poor choice with regards to formatting.

Apropos of nothing, I just really enjoyed this. :lol:

OT: I read something once where the author had asked the readers to please point out any "type O's". *insert vampire smilie here*

Gah -- somebody please explain!!!! What's going on? So they actually did go to trial?

I'm certainly not a Degreed Law ProfessionalTM, but my reading is that the trial is scheduled to start on June 25 at 8:30 a.m. So mediation didn't work.

Of course it could be settled at any point before then, but Doug seems to be digging in his swinish trotters and wanting his day in court. My apologies to pigs everywhere for the comparison.

Go Lourdes!

I cant wait for Doug to get whats coming to him.

I wonder what the worst punishment he could get would be?

Personally I think I would sentence him to get punched in the nuts repeatedly and then trapped in a room filled with crickets for the rest of his life.

I cant wait for Doug to get whats coming to him.

I wonder what the worst punishment he could get would be?

Personally I think I would sentence him to get punched in the nuts repeatedly and then trapped in a room filled with crickets for the rest of his life.

I could see the 'punched in the nuts' sentence but no crickets... crickets deserver better treatment than that.

6/1/2015 INTENTION TO TAKE DEPOSITION OF

OF CARMEN TORRES AND ALFREDO TORRES (CRO

SS NOTICE)

6/1/2015 ATTORNEY UNAVAILABILITY NOTICE FILED FOR

CHRISTINE YORK DUPERROIR

6/1/2015 MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT

(SUPPLEMENT TO)

How long do trials like this usually last?

It doesn't look like it's set for trial. Looks like it's set for a non-jury hearing on 6/25 on the motion for summary judgment (i.e. Doug is still trying to get this thrown out of court).

It would be very interesting if someone in that county could get copies of pleadings from the file. I know the complaint is online at various sites, but I haven't seen anything else.

Archived