IGNORED

All Things Doug Phillips & VF, Including Lourdes's Lawsuit

happy atheist

I guess Scottie's got a good lawyer to be able to turn documents around so quickly. He's efficient! Honestly, I wonder if he's handling this himself with no attorney? He seems arrogant enough to do that, but to my knowledge, he doesn't have a background in law, does he?

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess Scottie's got a good lawyer to be able to turn documents around so quickly. He's efficient! Honestly, I wonder if he's handling this himself with no attorney? He seems arrogant enough to do that, but to my knowledge, he doesn't have a background in law, does he?

To the best of my knowledge, Scottie's never added "Esquire" to his signature - that was one of Dougie's little affectations. :lol:

Looks like Scottie has responded to his citation - here's the latest update on the case:

3/16/2015 CITATION

SCOTT BROWN

ISSUED: 3/16/2015 RECEIVED: 3/16/2015

EXECUTED: 3/20/2015 RETURNED: 3/23/2015

No changes on the Hart/Zes citations as of today.

That may just be the return of service. I don't know how TX does it, but here in VA, the Sheriff serves papers (executes) and then has a certain number of days to file their return of service, which is the paper telling the court how the papers were served (in person, given to household member, posted on door, etc...)

Scott is loaded.

He's also an arrogant sod, but I think his sense of what he has to lose outweighs his arrogance.

I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if paying a periodic retainer for his lawyer is just another business related expensive for him/NCFFIC.

Lourdes looks great and so proud of her taking college courses! So pleased for her.

I took Nolan's comments on the video as tongue in cheek as well. I think it is some of the folks commenting who aren't picking up on the shade.

Lourdes looks great and so proud of her taking college courses! So pleased for her.

I took Nolan's comments on the video as tongue in cheek as well. I think it is some of the folks commenting who aren't picking up on the shade.

There's also the possibility that he had a childhood that he enjoyed... it certainly looks like they had some fun inspite of who inspired it. What's so wrong with posting kid videos and remeniscing of a simpler, less weighty time of life. Just because the videos were inspired by DPIAT and Ma & Pa Manteufel were followers does NOT mean that every aspect of his childhood/family was crap and should be totally rejected and cursed and if Nolan has any fond memories for such a time then he must be a complete ass. Memories are often bittersweet & I'm sure both Nolan and Lourdes have plenty of them that qualify. I think it actually shows some maturity/growth/healing that he has some fondness for his chilhood in spite of it all.

I have a soft spot for Peter given all that has happened. No one knows if his remorse is just a show or if he truly was shocked and hurt by all that occurred, but I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt. He was very young when he was thrown into Tooltown as Rapey's minion and if his FB posting was truthful, when he confronted Rapey about his indiscretions, he was basically told to eat shit and die. If all this actually occurred, it could easily have shaken him to his core. And who could he turn to? Scotty? Scotty is just as involved as Rapey, and Peter is Scotty's son-in-law. So I think Peter did the best that he could - got the hell out of there. Yes, he moved back near his parents who sent him to Tooltown in the first place, but honestly where was he supposed to go? He ran back to familiar territory. And who knows? Perhaps these events have changed his parents as well. As far as we know, Peter has secured a job (a real job - not a fake disaster relief job BRADRICK!) and is doing his best to support his wife and kids. Time will tell how all this pans out for him, and we will see if he is named in court. But as of right now, I wish him well. It would be so nice to hear a success story come out of Tooltown - besides Lourdes, of course.

This, and I think that there are some other success stories, but time will tell.

I would like nothing more than to see Scott Brown dragged through the mud right behind DPIAT. Both are dangerous, sad, ugly men who use others for their own gratification. Both need to be reprimanded by the very god they claim to worship. Both make my skin crawl and my blood curdle. Both fucked up the lives of everyone who has come into contact with them and neither has any remorse.

It's a good thing I am not a Christian because I have no qualms about laughing my ass off as I watch the mud parade. I don't need to pretend some Christ like compassion; I can and will watch with glee as they're ruined. (Hopefully)

I wonder what Doug's next career will be? I can see him as an extra in history channel specials.

Yes, this. ^^^^ But with one condition; that he sneaked onto the set in one of his many period costumes and we find him working his unofficial way into various background scenes like Jim Carrey did in the "Background guy" news skits in In Living Color. :character-burgerking:

Spiritual Sounding Board (spiritualsoundingboard.com/2015/03/30/update-on-lourdes-torres-manteufel-vs-doug-phillips-lawsuit/) has posted an update from Lourdes' attorney:

The Torres lawsuit is proceeding on two fronts, one in the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas, San Antonio division, Case 5:14-cv-00758-HLH and the underlying state lawsuit in Texas State Court, 438th Judicial District, Bexar County, Cause No: 2014-CI-05999.

The federal lawsuit was filed by Assurance Company of America (insurance carrier) to deny coverage to Vision Forum and Phillips. That case is set to end discovery in May and is set for trial in July of 2015.

The underlying Texas state lawsuit has been amended to include additional defendants Don Hart, Scott Brown, and James Zes (three men who were on the board of directors for Vision Forum Ministries). Discovery is ongoing in the state case and trial is set for March of 2016.

Lourdes Torres appreciates the prayers and concern of people from across the nation as she wants to rebuild her life and overcome the abuse she endured.

~David C. Gibbs III, March 28 2015

Today on Facebook one of my friends asked, "What's your favorite meme?" And as everyone I know posted grumpy cat and Neil DeGrasse Tyson I had to stay quiet. My favorite meme is so niche, nobody outside this board knows about it: the LOLDOUG.

Check out the latest post on spiritualsoundingboard.com. Dougie the Tool has added evasion of process service to his list of talents!!

Check out the latest post on spiritualsoundingboard.com. Dougie the Tool has added evasion of process service to his list of talents!!

"Get away from the door, kids; Mom and Dad aren't answering the door."

No surprise coming from the guy who's "brave" enough to illegally impersonate US soldiers for profit but never actually, you know, join the Army or anything.

I noticed the document mentioned the vehicles being in Be-All's name. Could DPIAT put everything in his wife's name so he could claim he doesn't have any assets? Or would it matter since they're married?

Doug belongs in jail. Hahaha I hope it catches up to him. You cant run and hide forever Dougie, accept the consequences of your actions and get what is coming to you (although I would also love to see Lourdes absolutely kick the shit out of him, cause I bet she could kick his ass now he doesn't have any power over her).

Doug is a coward. He isn't so tough now he is the one being intimidated, instead of the frightened woman he is sneaking into the bedroom of to rape every night.

Doug belongs in jail. Hahaha I hope it catches up to him. You cant run and hide forever Dougie, accept the consequences of your actions and get what is coming to you (although I would also love to see Lourdes absolutely kick the shit out of him, cause I bet she could kick his ass now he doesn't have any power over her).

Doug is a coward. He isn't so tough now he is the one being intimidated, instead of the frightened woman he is sneaking into the bedroom of to rape every night.

:text-yeahthat:

This is awesome! And as someone with a degree in law, Dougie, you should know this is very bad manners! I do wonder if he's planning a disappearing act? Things are getting exciting!

I noticed the document mentioned the vehicles being in Be-All's name. Could DPIAT put everything in his wife's name so he could claim he doesn't have any assets? Or would it matter since they're married?

If so, the screed she wrote about how she was a key part of VF might be damaging.

And judges often are not fooled by transfers of property after a lawsuit is in the works or right before...when the person sees it coming.

Does Doug really think he's helping himself here? He's being rude and delaying the inevitable. It's not like they're going to give up and go away; eventually the court will give the process server permission to just nail the summons to Doug's door.

Anyone else wondering whether Doug's attempted evasion of the server means that he is scared?

I hope so.

He most likely has some plan or other created around, for and by his actions. I don't doubt he evaded being served because he believes himself to be 'above' normal society. But, he's so deluded that he can only evade for so long. Eventually, he'll trip himself up because of his arrogance and distorted world view. I, for one, can't wait for that day.

Is Nolan's Facebook gone or am I searching wrong?

It's been down for several days now.

Another update on the case:

3/24/2015 SET A.D.R. DOCKET

MOTION FOR ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION

COURT: 150 TRIAL DATE & TIME: 4/27/2015 8:30AM

Maybe the process server finally caught up with Dougie!

Archived