IGNORED

The Demise of VF & Doug Phillips is a Tool - Part 5

happy atheist

If you look carefully at our Hero, she has streaked her hair green and has a tattoo on her left forearm. I agree with whomever said she seemed spunky. If the dominionist influence wears off, she could make life very difficult for Doug...

Yep, multi-colored hair and what I thought was maybe a henna stain (mehndi) but was hoping it was a tattoo. Would love to get a close-up of it.

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TW sure is an idiot. I guess he missed the point, which was that if he was wrong about one thing, what's supposed to convince me that he hasn't been wrong about other things? About a lot of things? Maybe his "sources" are making stuff up. Maybe HE is making stuff up. At this point he and Jen's "sources" and "facts" and "as best we can tells" sound about as legitimate and accurate as the National Enquirer. Or maybe less.

Enquirer? They wish. We're one Bat Boy away from Weekly World News territory. (oh, please FSM, let there be a Bat Boy in this sordid tale.)

Wow, that is one huge wedding party-there was 10 flower girls!

Its good to see that Hero is so happy and is getting on with her life. She looks beautiful and I like the hair :)

The couple look really young, how old is the groom?

How old is the groom? He looks young. I am surprised that he is allowed to be so goofy in some of the photos. It always seemed to me that people in Vision Forum usually appear more serious in pictures.There is nothing wrong with being silly and I like the fact that the photos showcase some of the groom's personality but I can't help wondering if people like Doug and Bradrick approve of such goofiness. JT doesn't seem to be in the photos where the young men are acting silly so maybe people act differently around the Phillips. Are there photos of the bride and her bridesmaids acting silly?

I know way too much about Vision Forum wedding ceremonies. In a series of photos on page 8, the groom walks out of the barn to the waiting bride and her dad. Is that when the father turns over authority to the new husband?

In the photos with the groom, the bride just smiles sweetly but doesn't really join in with his jumping up and down or acting like he is killing the wedding cake. You can't tell anything about her personality except that she can smile and look sweet.

The groom resembles my younger son. My son has dark hair and is about to start attending a local university. The groom's resemblance to my son makes me feel sad for him and I have to remind myself that he belongs to a reprehensible cult that believes in slavery and stoning.

Hero is gorgeous. Wow. However, she does not quite fit in with the other young women.

"Reporting". What a ridiculous conceit. He's gossiping and promoting his own agenda, he's not an intrepid investigative reporter.

Anyone notice how TW pulls something similar to that RR did on her blog? Whenever people started questioning / doubting, she would threaten to shut everything down because people doubted her. This is very similar. No, TW does not = RR, but I couldn't help but notice this.

oneh20 Says:

January 2, 2014 at 11:11 pm

But you wrote this earlier… “In January 2013 Doug was literally caught with his pants down, in his home, by one or more Phillips family members. To the best of our knowledge it was Beall and or Josh who caught them.†So, first in Jan at his home and later in Feb at her home? Or the opposite as written in this particular post?

T.W. Eston Says:

January 2, 2014 at 11:39 pm

Yes, that was the information we had at the time. It’s since been clarified as I have stated it here. My sources don’t always get all the details perfectly right, particularly where it concerns dates, but the overall story is quite accurate. As time goes on and more of the details fall into place, things become more clear.

oneh20 Says:

January 3, 2014 at 12:00 am

I know that happens, but I think its all the more reason not to state things as fact, but “To the best of our knowledge…â€, or “From what we understand…†I went through a horrific ordeal when people stated things as if they were facts and yet really did not know what the were talking about. People have lost children to CPS for these things, men have lost jobs over false reports, woman have lost reputations, etc, etc… Just something to consider.

T.W. Eston Says:

January 3, 2014 at 12:10 am

I acknowledge my error in having originally stated that the first instance occurred in January in the Phillips home, when that actually occurred subsequent to they’re being caught together in Cassandra’s home in January 2013. Given the minor discrepancy, what you’re claiming isn’t a reasonable conclusion at all. How does CPS and lost children have anything to do with it? Why does it make any difference whatsoever when and where Doug and Cassandra were caught in the act, who caught them, where they were caught, and how many times they were caught? The issue is that they were caught at all.

oneh20 Says:

January 3, 2014 at 12:16 am

Well, I’m not accusing you of anything. And I do understand the point is that it happened at all. But my point was that stating things as fact when we are not 100% certain can be very harmful in general, for what its worth.

T.W. Eston Says:

January 3, 2014 at 12:20 am

100% certain? Well, I guess I’d better just stop reporting altogether if what you demand is perfection. I’m in no mood to continue this with you, so kindly drop it.

Ugh. I just want to smack that Eston upside his head.

Wow, Eston certainly gets his panties in a twist when someone calls him out. Not very manly, if you ask me.

So Napoleon Dynamite got married!

:lol:

Or Eric Idle is regretting a long-ago one night stand.

WGKaICd.jpg

Has this comment by "Mike Jones" on SSB been discussed --

Before the resignation everyone was hush hush about it so it was really a matter of the girl in question talking to enough people over a long enough period of time that a critical mass was reached so that the situation could no longer be ignored. Of the many people she reached out to, no one person wanted to do anything . so it took a while for her to tell enough people enough times that it forced some kind of a response.

It makes my stomach roil.

Assuming that Doug Phillips is a tool did diddle with a young lady who we're calling Hero: Did Hero mention her dalliances with giddy glee?

Or did she "reach out to" people with a call for help, veiled or otherwise, in talking about what was going on?

The former is understandable -- a young person with little life experience and the heady feelings of being a chosen one by a great man [sic] is going to kvell.

The latter is nauseating -- a young person with little life experience "reaches out to" people while involved in an illicit relationship with a married father of eight who styles himself a great moralist and apparently is brushed aside until the situation reaches critical mass.

I'm not much at reading people (I blame it on that pesky Lutheran explanation to the commandment about bearing false witness - we're told to "put the best construction on everything." So naïve, Martin L, TOO naïve....) but I can see a decade-long scenario in which both the former and latter interpretations are true:

Early on, a young person (woman or man) is delighted to be told s/he has attracted the troo luv of The Leader. As time goes by and the probability that s/he will be elevated to spousal status begins to lessen dramatically, the young lover begins to fret, then perhaps to feel the pangs of conscience as well as anger and fear.

I'm naïve but not enough to figure that getting caught in flagrante delecto twice within the space of two months and in both parties' homes -- well, that's more than just bad luck, folks.

I can't I just can't. How is no one talking about these pics? They're, ah-mazing. I don't know who these people are, but I have some questions about the groom.

1. Is he still Pre-pubescant? I mean, I'm pretty sure he's wearing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle under-Roos under his awesome jeans.

snip.

I was coming here to post about this (saw the pics late yesterday from my phone), but fell down the Michael Bates is Courting rabbit hole.

But, yeah, my first thought was "How old IS this guy?" He looks nowhere near old enough to be getting married. Hell, he does not look old enough to drive a car.

Other random thoughts:

I though the boots worked way better in this ceremony. The overall casual look of the wedding party, with the not-matchy-matchy dresses (which I loved) and the color scheme just made it all work. The black boots on Nadia were just sad looking. Like a bride that bought the dress from Goodwill and had no money left over for wedding slippers.

Personal message from CW to brides everywhere: you do not need to invite every person you have ever met to be a bridesmaid. I promise. (It looked like they had more attendants than guests.) But, if you go that route, letting people choose their own dress in a general color scheme is the way to go, if only to be kinds to your 28 closest friends.

With the green and blonde streaks in "Hero's" hair and the overall sexy look, I wonder if (a) she is the woman in question and (b) her "fallen" status has led to some rebellion. Sweet baby Jesus, I hope so! Rebel! Live! Date real men! Find out that this whole patriarchy thing is BS! And when you're done, come visit FJ and tell us all about the Tool. Or, better yet, write a book and make some money for yourself.

:lol:

Or Eric Idle is regretting a long-ago one night stand.

WGKaICd.jpg

Upper Class Twit of the Year! One of my all-time favorite sketches. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Link to these wedding pics, please?

It was posted a couple of pages back: galleries.prislovskyphoto.com/Wedding-Daze/Jon-and-Callan-

Is there more than one photo of Hero with the green streaks in her hair? I only saw one, and it looked more like light shining in through a stained glass window or other glass art. I have several of these from my wedding -- so much that I look red-headed.

Sorry to squash small hopes of rebellion, but I can't see any of these VFers allowing green hair in their wedding party. Appearances are everything.

Is there more than one photo of Hero with the green streaks in her hair? I only saw one, and it looked more like light shining in through a stained glass window or other glass art. I have several of these from my wedding -- so much that I look red-headed.

Yes, there are other photos of the green streaks. I thought the green was from a window, too. But it's not.

Another wedding question...Why did the one bridesmaid have a green dress? The others were all ivory, cream, sort of a blush color. But the one girl had green. I'm guessing each girl bought her own vintage type lacey dress-at least most were that way. But the green stands out and she does not appear to be a maid or matron of honor.

Sorry to squash small hopes of rebellion, but I can't see any of these VFers allowing green hair in their wedding party. Appearances are everything.

They're outdoors standing in front of the side of a house, and the sun is behind them, completely blocked by the wall. It's not a reflection, her hair is green. And the streak on the top of her head looks bright yellow, not blonde. Considering that the bride's hair looks nearly burgundy to me, I think she'd overlook it if Hero is a close friend, which she obviously is.

ETA: the little girl on Doug's shoulders is not Virginia. Odd.

I was able to view the wedding photos yesterday but now I'm getting a 404 page not found error. Did I get the link wrong or is it really down?

I was able to view the wedding photos yesterday but now I'm getting a 404 page not found error. Did I get the link wrong or is it really down?

Odd because I couldn't see them yesterday to my frustration but I can today. galleries.prislovskyphoto.com/Wedding-Daze/Jon-and-Callan-

Odd because I couldn't see them yesterday to my frustration but I can today. galleries.prislovskyphoto.com/Wedding-Daze/Jon-and-Callan-

That last dash at the end of the URL is essential. I got a 404 error yesterday, too, but then I realized I'd left the last dash off the end.

They're outdoors standing in front of the side of a house, and the sun is behind them, completely blocked by the wall. It's not a reflection, her hair is green. And the streak on the top of her head looks bright yellow, not blonde. Considering that the bride's hair looks nearly burgundy to me, I think she'd overlook it if Hero is a close friend, which she obviously is.

ETA: the little girl on Doug's shoulders is not Virginia. Odd.

I'm glad to be wrong -- go, Hero!

I guess FJ has a new name -- "the glee and chortling" forum!

Dave AA at SSB was kind enough to clarify that reading here (even though we are not a respectable Christian blog) didn't make him feel dirty -- but the idea of Doug the Blemish at a wedding did. I tend to agree with him.

Dave, you can come and post here if you want. Welcome. Quite a few of us are respectable, some of us don't want to be respectable, some of us are Christian, and some of us aren't.

But some of us are definitely both Christian and respectable. :lol:

I can't look at the wedding pictures any longer, it's totally squicking me out. Especially the kissing shots. It really does look like a 20-something woman marrying a 14-yo boy. Actually, I know 14yo boys that look older than him. :shock:

I can't look at the wedding pictures any longer, it's totally squicking me out. Especially the kissing shots. It really does look like a 20-something woman marrying a 14-yo boy. Actually, I know 14yo boys that look older than him. :shock:

The kissing pictures squicked me out, too. In too many of them, she looks like she's going to swallow him. And what is up with that one photo of her kissing an older man on the lips? Who is that guy? Even if he were her father (and he's not), that's just ewwwww!

And when that 14-year-old boy looks like Tony Geary just called him from 1983 and asked for his hair back... It's just all too weird.

The little girl on the shoulders of Doug Phillips is a tool may not be Virginia but Virginia was certainly amongst the junior attendants/flowergirls at the wedding.

Gleefully chortling,

MJB

The kissing pictures squicked me out, too. In too many of them, she looks like she's going to swallow him. And what is up with that one photo of her kissing an older man on the lips? Who is that guy? Even if he were her father (and he's not), that's just ewwwww!

She's tilting her head and leaning into him in a way that can be described as nothing but romantic. Now, I know that these poor kids are sex starved, but the bride is really going OTT in almost every photo. It's like she's posing with Fabio on a romance novel cover.

Archived