IGNORED

The Demise of VF & Doug Phillips is a Tool - Part 5

happy atheist

Part 1: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19831

Part 2: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19945

Part 3: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20076

Part 4: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20272

Doug Phillips resigned from Vision Forum after an inappropriate relationship with a woman he claims he did not know in a biblical sense. Vision Forum shut their doors. Jen Epstein and T.W. Eston blogged like there was no tomorrow. Dainty morsels were given (I tried to work that into the thread title but Doug's title was eating up all the characters).

If anyone has any other pertinent info to add please do so! Otherwise, the saga, and the discussion, continues!

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hon, we'll clean up after ourselves, like grownups. Besides, my midnight-blue-speckled countertop hides the dirt. ;)

OK -- I'm yours.

I'm also kicking myself -- I should have had Doug tell Beall to put away the milk and Nesquik, and wash the spoon. Because VF manly men are done with a task when they have gotten what they want.

Thoughtful, your chocolate milk solilioquy (spelling) was beautiful. You should turn more of the Tool's manly romps into prose.

Thoughtful, your chocolate milk solilioquy (spelling) was beautiful. You should turn more of the Tool's manly romps into prose.

I think that one exhausted me. I'm hardly known for being succinct, but even I had to go back and florid-ify much of it, over and over!

But perhaps, if I find the energy, I'll tackle something like Doug putting on socks and shoes, or telling a joke :shock: (OMG -- what a thought!), one of these days.

I think that one exhausted me. I'm hardly known for being succinct, but even I had to go back and florid-ify much of it, over and over!

But perhaps, if I find the energy, I'll tackle something like Doug putting on socks and shoes, or telling a joke :shock: (OMG -- what a thought!), one of these days.

I have such a crush on you - I mean...Sir Alan Rickman, references to The Court Jester, lengthy prose on manly chocolate milk missions...I mean. Wow. :worship:

I have such a crush on you - I mean...Sir Alan Rickman, references to The Court Jester, lengthy prose on manly chocolate milk missions...I mean. Wow. :worship:

It is really Doug, Alan, Danny Kaye, and Sylvia Fine you love -- I am merely a conduit.

The hazardous hot chocolate journey was just amazing! :worship:

Someone asked about where "Southern" food is in the "international" section: when I was living in France every once in a while I had the urge for super American quick-fix, and I used to visit the "American" section to get things like that. It had all kinds of mixes like gravy, cake, pie filling, brownies, stuffing, Jello, taco seasoning (not sure why that was not in another area), etc. Someone roughly grouped things by (I think) areas of the US, so gravy and stuffing were in the "Southern" grouping along with all the sweets and shortening. :lol:

I'd like to see a screenplay based on the Bradrick! and Dougie pew scene. The musical score alone will be phenomenal. The cellos...I can hear it now!

I'd like to see a screenplay based on the Bradrick! and Dougie pew scene. The musical score alone will be phenomenal. The cellos...I can hear it now!

I'm picturing it as a scene in the style of the old MGM musicals, with a song like "In a Pew With You," "You and the Pew and the Music" or "It Had to be Pew."

I'm picturing it as a scene in the style of the old MGM musicals, with a song like "In a Pew With You," "You and the Pew and the Music" or "It Had to be Pew."

A little soft-shoe, a kick line...so much potential.

I am hoping that it would be a manly joke, of course. Doug would probably make the women and children leave the room because the masculine quality of his humor would be too much for fragile ears to hear.

The hazardous hot chocolate journey was just amazing! :worship:

Someone asked about where "Southern" food is in the "international" section: when I was living in France every once in a while I had the urge for super American quick-fix, and I used to visit the "American" section to get things like that. It had all kinds of mixes like gravy, cake, pie filling, brownies, stuffing, Jello, taco seasoning (not sure why that was not in another area), etc. Someone roughly grouped things by (I think) areas of the US, so gravy and stuffing were in the "Southern" grouping along with all the sweets and shortening. :lol:

I work in a town in California that is about 90% Latino, many recent immigrants. A restaurant near my office has a large sign advertising that they carry genuine Americano food :)

And water ballet. There has to be water ballet.

Perhaps a mix of an Esther Williams tribute (can't you picture Doug sliding through interns' legs?):

RQj0Saj3L4s

and the Titanic?

Perhaps a mix of an Esther Williams tribute (can't you picture Doug sliding through interns' legs?):

RQj0Saj3L4s

and the Titanic?

OMG, the wide stances at the beginning are epic! EPIC! And the pageantry, ohhhhhh, the pageantry! It's a cello crescendo x eleventy! Great find, Thoughtful! Such great folly!

I am hoping that it would be a manly joke, of course. Doug would probably make the women and children leave the room because the masculine quality of his humor would be too much for fragile ears to hear.

That, or he doesn't want anybody but the menz to know how lame his humor is.

RQj0Saj3L4s

and the Titanic?

I think I wet myself laughing.

This could be set in the rain forests of the Amazon--waterfalls, scantily-clad "natives" (played by the interns) swinging from jungle vines, and, of course, Doug Phillips (who is a tool) frolicking with anacondas.

Doug Phillips is a tool.

It looks like the Hazadorus Journey Society webpage is gone.

Jup.

"

Site has been shut down

We regret to inform you that HazardousJourneys.org has been shut down due to the closing of Vision Forum Ministries.

"

Too bad, the site was hilarious..

OMG, thoughtful. The Esther Williams clip was priceless in and of itself - but watching it AND imagining a re-Tooled version starring Dougie, interns, the Titanic, Bill Potter, and a cast of VF thousands was too much!

Thank you!

Jup.

"

Site has been shut down

We regret to inform you that HazardousJourneys.org has been shut down due to the closing of Vision Forum Ministries.

"

Too bad, the site was hilarious..

Indeed. :lol: I will truly miss those vacationers intrepid adventurers and their atttempts to ignore science and history interpret their findings from a perspective that honors the Creator and take Dominion over the world.

For posterity, here is the FB of the last mission. They actually set off after the Fall of Doug. I suppose they already had their tickets in hand.

facebook.com/expeditiontopatagonia#!/expeditiontopatagonia

I think I wet myself laughing.

This could be set in the rain forests of the Amazon--waterfalls, scantily-clad "natives" (played by the interns) swinging from jungle vines, and, of course, Doug Phillips (who is a tool) frolicking with anacondas.

Doug Phillips is a tool.

I'm torn if the water ballet needs to go in Act 3-Anaconda Hunting in the Amazon or Act 5-Celebrating the Sinking of the Titanic. However, Dougie sliding through the interns legs is a must!!!!

Indeed. :lol: I will truly miss those vacationers intrepid adventurers and their atttempts to ignore science and history interpret their findings from a perspective that honors the Creator and take Dominion over the world.

For posterity, here is the FB of the last mission. They actually set off after the Fall of Doug. I suppose they already had their tickets in hand.

facebook.com/expeditiontopatagonia#!/expeditiontopatagonia

And like the walls of Jericho, it all comes tumbling down........

Archived