IGNORED

The Demise of VF & Doug Phillips is a Tool - Part 5

happy atheist

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Thompson's views on women are creepy

My wife sat next to me; but I noticed all the other women stood behind their husbands, including Beall. It was very strange. They just stood there the whole time behind their husbands. I thought we were going to have a nice conversation. But it wasn’t a conversation, and it was very uncomfortable. This guy Thompson took over and started asking me questions. The last thing he asked me was, ‘If you were in a grocery store and your children started to act rebellious, how would you respond?’ So I said, ‘I don’t go shopping. My wife shops. Honey, what would you do?’ So my wife starts to answer and this Thompson guy cuts her off and says, ‘Excuse me! I’m speaking to the men!’ At this point I really had to hold myself back.

I can't blame Gifford for being upset that Doug brought him to meet this man.

My husband is fundie-lite, and yet he probably would have strangled that misogynistic shitlord where he stood. Who talks to ANYONE like that? Much less, someone of the "gentler sex".

Seriously. I've known some patriarchal goons in my time. While they are varying levels of woman-oppressing, most don't have the unmitigated gall to actually pull out the "shut up, woman!" card with any seriousness. That dude is a POS of the worst variety.

No wonder Dougie couldn't keep his dick in his pants, he was surrounding himself with men who kept theirs mounted upon their shoulders.

The BCA elders speak!!

boernechristianassembly.org/articles/2013/01/statement-by-the-elders-of-boerne-christian-assembly-about-former-elder-doug-phillips.php

A Statement by the Elders of Boerne Christian Assembly about Former Elder Doug Phillips.

Posted January 1, 2014

A Statement by the Elders of Boerne Christian Assembly about Former Elder Doug Phillips. Doug Phillips served as an Elder for Boerne Christian Assembly until January, 2013, when he resigned from his office. This resignation from the office of Elder was submitted prior to his confession to church leadership in February, 2013 of an inappropriate relationship with a woman (referenced in his Statement of Resignation from the office of President, on the Vision Forum Ministries website) and associated deception. In the months following, efforts were undertaken toward the goals of restoration and repentance between the parties involved and their respective families. As under-shepherds of a flock of Jesus Christ we take seriously the responsibility to confront those overtaken in a fault, in meekness, in pursuit of the purity of the body, healing for those wounded by the effects of sin, and restoration of those caught in fault, after display of repentance. Doug Phillips confessed these sins, professed repentance of these sins before his local church body, and has been publicly rebuked by the Elders of his church for those same sins. As shepherds and Elders of the flock of Jesus Christ at Boerne Christian Assembly we have sought to provide admonition, personal accountability, and to work toward sound Biblical thinking, repentance, and restoration with all those involved. Healing is the work of the Holy Spirit. It is our desire, as much as is possible, to promote unity within the body of Christ through Biblical counsel, instruction, and oversight, with Biblical pastoral care. The notoriety of this situation, due in part to the national exposure of Doug Phillips's ministry, brings with it additional challenges and duties. The consequences of sin are great. We long for God's blessing, preservation of His flock, and continued healing to be ministered by the Word and the Spirit of God unto to all.

Bob Sarratt, Elder

Jeff Horn, Provisional Elder

The BCA elders speak!!

boernechristianassembly.org/articles/2013/01/statement-by-the-elders-of-boerne-christian-assembly-about-former-elder-doug-phillips.php

Interesting that it took 9-10 months for Dougie to make his public confession when BCA knew about it right away. Dougie must have been in mighty battle with BCA during those months and also with his other non-BCA associates.

I don't think I know who Jeff Horn is. There is a Bob Horn (isn't he the one that did that horrible video for NCFIC about how slaves were grateful?), and there is a Tim Horn who is one of Bradrick!'s fellows from the 2003 VF internship program, but I've not heard of Jeff. Hmmm...

There must have been tons of behind the scenes machinations going on during those 9 months. Any ideas why BCA chose now to make the statement or why make a statement at all when it doesn't add much to what is known. Are they possibly getting a lot of inquiries?

There must have been tons of behind the scenes machinations going on during those 9 months. Any ideas why BCA chose now to make the statement or why make a statement at all when it doesn't add much to what is known. Are they possibly getting a lot of inquiries?

BCA must be trying to cover their own ass somehow by claiming they took proper precautions to limit Dougie's damage elsewhere. My guess is they are indeed getting lots of inquiries and if there is any lawsuit that comes out of Dougie's actions, they are worried about subpoenas.

After a little research just now, turns out Jeff Horn is an attorney who just also happens to be a "provisional" elder at BCA, whatever that means. Hmmm.

I still feel like there is something else behind Dougie's big apology and the resulting circus that started on Halloween. So he had confessed to the affair at the beginning of 2013, and everyone was happy to keep letting him be a tool and do all of his dressing up and manly excursions and blather about patriarchy and other toolish activities just like normal until Oct 31st? And then suddenly it became an issue and everyone started dragging him through the mud? My question is, what changed to cause that? I think something bigger came up and they decided to use the affair as the official reason for ending Vision Forum.

The BCA elders speak!!

Interesting that he made a public declaration and none of the sheep said a peep.

I can see that. The way they go on about reconciliation it sounds like maybe he didn't follow the path that they had planned for him. Perhaps he resigned and when pressed for a motive didn't come fully clean. He may have offered one reason (the affair) and then during the subsequent months they found out that he was still deceiving them over other matters.

It indeed sounds like Doug the Crazy Ass Tool was "caught" sticking his tool where it didn't belong. Here's what I don't understand. Why did it take so long for the information to trickle down?

John Thompson's views on women are creepy

I can't blame Gifford for being upset that Doug brought him to meet this man.

Geese, she couldn't answer a question asked by her headship. What an ass!

I can see that. The way they go on about reconciliation it sounds like maybe he didn't follow the path that they had planned for him. Perhaps he resigned and when pressed for a motive didn't come fully clean. He may have offered one reason (the affair) and then during the subsequent months they found out that he was still deceiving them over other matters.

Well according to Sippy Cup Bradrick, he confronted him late September early October and Dougie denied everything and wouldn't confess/repent. So if BSA knew in January and placed him on church discipline back then, I would guess Dougie didn't keep his end of the bargain. If he had done surely he would have confessed to Sippy in September when confronted.

Well according to Sippy Cup Bradrick, he confronted him late September early October and Dougie denied everything and wouldn't confess/repent. So if BSA knew in January and placed him on church discipline back then, I would guess Dougie didn't keep his end of the bargain. If he had done surely he would have confessed to Sippy in September when confronted.

Thats my guess as well. Dougie was "on punishment" for being a naughty tool and was not being sufficiently sorry about his actions. Either that, or he had a "regression" a la Carlos Danger and got busted with his pants down.

This whole thing reminds me of "little bunny foo foo". Little bunny dougie hops through the forest doing naughty things, he gets scolded by the fairies until he does it three times, then he's turned into a goon. :penguin-no:

I have a very hard time believing that Scott Brown and Bradrick! had no idea of his misdemeanors until September. Gossip is a huge issue in fundiedom and there is no way on God's green earth they didn't hear of his resignation from the consistory of BCA early in the year. You can almost guarantee that if they weren't directly involved in some way, they would have heard of it from multiple sources, probably including the Tool himself.

For what they're worth (not a hell of a lot ;)), here's my theories:

1. Dougie is caught with his pants down in January. Fesses up, grovels for forgiveness and generally looks be repentant. Goes about his merry way, (albeit stripped of his official leadership position at BCA). He is caught in September for something completely different-either with a woman who wasn't party to the business in January, or caught doing something altogether worse (in fundy eyes, a bloke), or he is caught with his financial pants down. Scotty Brown and Bradrick! find out that he's been cooking the books and pocketing a whole lot of cash. Scott Brown was on the board of VF as of the last tax return filed in February 2013. I have know idea if his role was an active one or more of a figure head but it's possible he found out something in September that caused him concern.

Anyway, whatever the reason, they confront Doug who is a Tool. Doug flips his shit, and tells them all where to get off. Bradrick! and Scotty threaten to take the whole thing public. Doug the Tool concedes defeat on the condition that he can confess to the more minor sin he was already punished for in January. He saves a little bit of face and Scoot and Bradrick! get what they want (his head on a silver platter and a slice of his business market).

2. A much more likely scenario but slightly more boring: Dougie is caught with his pants down in January. Probably with Hero, possibly with another woman. Fesses up, grovels for forgiveness and generally looks be repentant. Goes about his merry way, (albeit stripped of his official leadership position at BCA). He is caught in September with Hero. It's either a continuation of the same affair dealt with in January, or she's not woman dealt with by BCA, but either way it shows what a tool he is; that he hasn't repented and that he has no intention of changing.

Scott and Bradrick! confront him. He flips his shit and tells them where to get off. They threaten to take it public and he concedes defeat. The state of the VF books become more evident after he steps down.

As under-shepherds of a flock of Jesus Christ we take seriously the responsibility to confront those overtaken in a fault, in meekness, in pursuit of the purity of the body, healing for those wounded by the effects of sin, and restoration of those caught in fault, after display of repentance.

Under-shepherds? Who knew herding sheep was so corporate?

The stories don't add up. Sarrat says he came clean in January. Bradrick! states he found out in September . This is tiny, super inter-connected little subculture. Doug's confession in January would certainly have been public news in no time at all. Somebody is a liar liar pants on fire. Phillips may have stepped down publicly, but I can guarantee you that he's still pulling all the strings behind the scene. He's the ventriloquist, Sarrat is the dummy.

Have we ruled out a pregnancy yet? Maybe even a forced abortion payed for with VF funds? I'm still willing to bet money that Scottie was the brainpower behind this whole overthrow. He was chomping at the bit to take over the empire.

The stories don't add up. Sarrat says he came clean in January. Bradrick! states he found out in September . This is tiny, super inter-connected little subculture. Doug's confession in January would certainly have been public news in no time at all. Somebody is a liar liar pants on fire. Phillips may have stepped down publicly, but I can guarantee you that he's still pulling all the strings behind the scene. He's the ventriloquist, Sarrat is the dummy.

Have we ruled out a pregnancy yet? Maybe even a forced abortion payed for with VF funds? I'm still willing to bet money that Scottie was the brainpower behind this whole overthrow. He was chomping at the bit to take over the empire.

This is an interesting idea I hadn't thought of. Hmmm. IIRC, Hero and her family moved away. For some reason the month of June springs to mind. Am I misremembering?

Are there any photos of Hero with the Phillips family after January 2013? I know that information is probably in on of these threads somewhere but I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me.

I have a very hard time believing that Scott Brown and Bradrick! had no idea of his misdemeanors until September. Gossip is a huge issue in fundiedom and there is no way on God's green earth they didn't hear of his resignation from the consistory of BCA early in the year. You can almost guarantee that if they weren't directly involved in some way, they would have heard of it from multiple sources, probably including the Tool himself.

For what they're worth (not a hell of a lot ;)), here's my theories:

1. Dougie is caught with his pants down in January. Fesses up, grovels for forgiveness and generally looks be repentant. Goes about his merry way, (albeit stripped of his official leadership position at BCA). He is caught in September for something completely different-either with a woman who wasn't party to the business in January, or caught doing something altogether worse (in fundy eyes, a bloke), or he is caught with his financial pants down. Scotty Brown and Bradrick! find out that he's been cooking the books and pocketing a whole lot of cash. Scott Brown was on the board of VF as of the last tax return filed in February 2013. I have know idea if his role was an active one or more of a figure head but it's possible he found out something in September that caused him concern.

Anyway, whatever the reason, they confront Doug who is a Tool. Doug flips his shit, and tells them all where to get off. Bradrick! and Scotty threaten to take the whole thing public. Doug the Tool concedes defeat on the condition that he can confess to the more minor sin he was already punished for in January. He saves a little bit of face and Scoot and Bradrick! get what they want (his head on a silver platter and a slice of his business market).

2. A much more likely scenario but slightly more boring: Dougie is caught with his pants down in January. Probably with Hero, possibly with another woman. Fesses up, grovels for forgiveness and generally looks be repentant. Goes about his merry way, (albeit stripped of his official leadership position at BCA). He is caught in September with Hero. It's either a continuation of the same affair dealt with in January, or she's not woman dealt with by BCA, but either way it shows what a tool he is; that he hasn't repented and that he has no intention of changing.

Scott and Bradrick! confront him. He flips his shit and tells them where to get off. They threaten to take it public and he concedes defeat. The state of the VF books become more evident after he steps down.

Agree that there's no way Scott and Bradrick! would have not known until September either. I am seeing for myself through the whole "Fall of Dougie" what a small group BCA / VF truly is and can't believe that word would have not gotten around. And yes, gossip is rampant in fundie circles so that makes it even harder to believe. I guess it's possible he got caught, made to resign and the true reasons for his resignation were kept quiet from the general membership (would be a remarkable feat to accomplish IMHO) but Scott and Bradrick! not knowing about it? Not possible.

Dougie either got caught again in September and / or it was discovered the true extent of his financial shenangians in the interim, was forced out with only admitting an affair as mentioned upthread but Scott and Bradrick! are trying to cover themselves. Bradrick! probably did confront Dougie when he said he did, but that he had no prior knowledge is very, very unlikely.

I also never heard of the word "undershepards". Fundies have an interesting knack for word creation.

This is an interesting idea I hadn't thought of. Hmmm. IIRC, Hero and her family moved away. For some reason the month of June springs to mind. Am I misremembering?

There were pictures on a photographers website that showed them being at the same wedding, sans Bealle, in Septemberish. This is really starting to look like some sister-wives bullshit, with a bit of an Abraham, Sara, and Hagar dynamic thrown it. As for the forced abortion thing, it's about the only thing I can think of that would be so sickeningly hypocritical and monstrous that it could possibly warrant all of this mess. What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall in Doug's costume den. I can only imagine what he's saying about the Brown/Bradrick clans these days.

Of course we can rule out pregnancy. Doug said he did not know the woman in the Biblical sense. :?

Seriously, I don't think we can rule out (or rule in) anything based on what's been said and where it has come from. Occam's Razor says it's a long term affair with his nanny (maybe even "not Biblical" in the no-PIV-sex kind of way.) But, this could be an affair with every nanny who has ever worked (volunteered?) for them. Or it could be a man. Or it could be a bone to throw us while they hide financial stuff. It could be way worse (back on Dec 6, I mentioned that the maison de tool seemed a little plyg-ish in layout...), or it could be barely anything at all (fundies do make a big deal out of minor things.)

I do kind of hope we find it out (BRADRICK! What happened to telling your story before going silent?) I guess that makes me a gossip monger according to them, but, personally, I think getting some damn facts out there is what stops gossip.

There were pictures on a photographers website that showed them being at the same wedding, sans Bealle, in Septemberish. This is really starting to look like some sister-wives bullshit, with a bit of an Abraham, Sara, and Hagar dynamic thrown it. As for the forced abortion thing, it's about the only thing I can think of that would be so sickeningly hypocritical and monstrous that it could possibly warrant all of this mess. What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall in Doug's costume den. I can only imagine what he's saying about the Brown/Bradrick clans these days.

Link? Pleeeaaase?

Under-shepherds? Who knew herding sheep was so corporate?

It sounds better than Overlord.....

Archived